Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

PDP Lacks Internal Democracy, Says Senator Paulker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Lacks Internal Democracy, Says Senator Paulker (1008 Views)

Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai / It’s Rape Of Democracy, Says Sylva As INEC Stops Poll / Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Lacks Internal Democracy, Says Senator Paulker by catchfun: 2:29pm On Sep 27, 2015
The Senator representing Bayelsa Central Senatorial District in the National Assembly, Senator Paulker Emmanuel, has carpeted the Peoples Democratic Party for “lack of internal democracy.”
Paulker, one of the disqualified governorship contenders for the PDP’s ticket in Bayelsa State, said this in Yenagoa on Saturday at a forum with members of his campaign organisation.
The Senator, who expressed his displeasure at his disqualification by the PDP’s zonal screening committee in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, recently, noted that internal democracy remained key to democracy in Nigeria.
He lamented that since his inexplicable purported disqualification, the party’s appeal panel had yet to come out with the result of their screening.
During the screening, Paulker, a three-time Senator, and a former Chairman of Kolokuma-Opokuma Local Government Area, Chief Ebikitin Diongoli, were disqualified, leaving Governor Seriake Dickson as the sole candidate of the PDP.
The candidacy of Dickson has been affirmed by the party’s delegates on Thursday.
Paulker said, “For our democracy to thrive in this country, there must be internal democracy. Without internal democracy, it is difficult for a party to reflect democracy on the playground. It is better to quarrel in the process of internal democracy than to shut out internal democracy out of our democratic experience.
“Regarding our disqualification, up till now, the appeal panel has yet to come out with the result of the screening.
“Power comes from God. Irrespective of parties, Bayelsa belongs to all of us. If a government is formed tomorrow, all of us will benefit from it. Any government in power owes all of us a duty of service.
“Like I told them at the screening panel, when they criticised me that members of the All Progressives Congress attended my ceremonies, I said the party required more Paulkers now than ever because we require ambassadors to go out of this party to canvass for votes in order for us to win.”
He said democracy had come to stay in this country, but warned of any attempt to make mockery of democracy by shutting some people out of contest for political offices.
http://www.punchng.com/news/pdp-lacks-internal-democracy-says-senator-paulker/
lalasticlala
Re: PDP Lacks Internal Democracy, Says Senator Paulker by chocolateme(f): 2:29pm On Sep 27, 2015
Abi?
Re: PDP Lacks Internal Democracy, Says Senator Paulker by fromnigeria(m): 2:37pm On Sep 27, 2015
Okay
Re: PDP Lacks Internal Democracy, Says Senator Paulker by Bolade005: 2:43pm On Sep 27, 2015
Not only do they lack internal democracy, they also lack moral justification to criticise the government of President Muhammadu Buhari.

This is coming directly from the horse's mouth, I hope no wailer will come in here to refute this statement credited to Paulker.

PDP is a party of failures e.g GEJ for the failures. Never again.
Re: PDP Lacks Internal Democracy, Says Senator Paulker by g4everybody(m): 2:48pm On Sep 27, 2015
This Senator Paulker must be sick, Is he d only one in Bayelsa state, how can a serving senator, who won election less than 6 months be contesting for governorship in d state. He Is d only senator who is been reelected 3 times in Bayelsa state under PDP and yet stil ungrateful
Re: PDP Lacks Internal Democracy, Says Senator Paulker by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:50pm On Sep 27, 2015
He should rather wait for the report of the appeal panel before rushing to the press.

Dickson 4 Governor
Re: PDP Lacks Internal Democracy, Says Senator Paulker by luche90(m): 3:11pm On Sep 27, 2015
Bolade005:
Not only do they lack internal democracy, they also lack moral justification to criticise the government of President Muhammadu Buhari.

This is coming directly from the horse's mouth, I hope no wailer will come in here to refute this statement credited to Paulker.

Even a thief has the moral right to ask his victim and accuser what he was doing with a suitcase full of dollars at 12am. The moment you choose to discount his testimony because of his moral standing, you lose sight of the fact that the victim was on his way to buy an arsenal of weapons to sell to armed bandits and terrorists. You jail and imprison one criminal and let go a catalyst to many more criminals.
Re: PDP Lacks Internal Democracy, Says Senator Paulker by Bolade005: 3:17pm On Sep 27, 2015
luche90:

Even a thief has the moral right to ask his victim and accuser what he was doing with a suitcase full of dollars at 12am. The moment you choose to discount his testimony because of his moral standing, you lose sight of the fact that the victim was on his way to buy an arsenal of weapons to sell to armed bandits and terrorists. You jail and imprison one criminal and let go a catalyst to many more criminals.
Your point is?
Re: PDP Lacks Internal Democracy, Says Senator Paulker by luche90(m): 3:28pm On Sep 27, 2015
Bolade005:

Your point is?
If you don't understand my allegory, then you probably should go back to school.
Re: PDP Lacks Internal Democracy, Says Senator Paulker by omenka(m): 3:41pm On Sep 27, 2015
Is this supposed to be news?? We all know what the Killer Party stands for and it is anything but democracy. The only bond that bound members of that repressive organisation that trampled on the rights and privileges of the good citizens of this country for sixteen horrendous years was corruption and stealing on a massive scale.

Now that it appears the meat cleaver is no longer in their possession, all that is left to devour is themselves, and it is my hope that they do so in record time.

#Vampires.
Re: PDP Lacks Internal Democracy, Says Senator Paulker by Bolade005: 3:51pm On Sep 27, 2015
luche90:

If you don't understand my allegory, then you probably should go back to school.
Okay.
Re: PDP Lacks Internal Democracy, Says Senator Paulker by sammyj: 3:53pm On Sep 27, 2015
Do you expect a dead corrupt party to have one in first place. All they know how to do best is to wail about APC their greatest nightmare ! !! grin
Re: PDP Lacks Internal Democracy, Says Senator Paulker by nationwide1(m): 4:07pm On Sep 27, 2015
Bolade005:

So your brain is so small that you can't make your point valid without insulting GEJ. This is the man that you can never attend his status throughout your life.

It's only people with little knowledge about Nigerian politics that believe there is anything like internal democracy in APC, PDP, or APGA. The events in the build up to the last gubernatorial elections in Benue, Nassarawa, Akwa Ibom and even recently in Kogi States tell it all.

I wonder the kind of future Nigeria has where youths don't reason and come out with a sound judgement today.
Re: PDP Lacks Internal Democracy, Says Senator Paulker by Bolade005: 4:37pm On Sep 27, 2015
nationwide1:

So your brain is so small that you can't make your point valid without insulting GEJ. This is the man that you can never attend his status throughout your life.

It's only people with little knowledge about Nigerian politics that believe there is anything like internal democracy in APC, PDP, or APGA. The events in the build up to the last gubernatorial elections in Benue, Nassarawa, Akwa Ibom and even recently in Kogi States tell it all.

I wonder the kind of future Nigeria has where youths don't reason and come out with a sound judgement today.
You're a silly person. Wait, just because you know deep down or someone told you that you can never be as great as GEJ doesn't mean someone else can't.

GEJ is not a great man, he's just lucky to have held the number one position and he performed woefully. Errrm well, he is a great thief. Quote me anywhere.
Re: PDP Lacks Internal Democracy, Says Senator Paulker by nationwide1(m): 4:46pm On Sep 27, 2015
Bolade005:

You're a silly person. Wait, just because you know deep down or someone told you that you can never be as great as GEJ doesn't mean someone else can't.

GEJ is not a great man, he's just lucky to have held the number one position and he performed woefully. Errrm well, he is a great thief. Quote me anywhere.
You can gather the luck of the world yet it won't elevate you to his status. Fact.
Re: PDP Lacks Internal Democracy, Says Senator Paulker by Bolade005: 4:52pm On Sep 27, 2015
nationwide1:

You can gather the luck of the world yet it won't elevate you to his status. Fact.
In your own myopic mind, you think I have to be president to be greater than Jonathan. Jonathan had the chance to make history or rewrite history but he fumbled it, he will be forgotten in not so distant future, believe me.

There are people who have never occupied any political position and they're far greater than GEJ. Wole Soyinka comes to mind. Wait, what's your definition of great?
Re: PDP Lacks Internal Democracy, Says Senator Paulker by GabrielSuswam(m): 4:57pm On Sep 27, 2015
g4everybody:
This Senator Paulker must be sick, Is he d only one in Bayelsa state, how can a serving senator, who won election less than 6 months be contesting for governorship in d state. He Is d only senator who is been reelected 3 times in Bayelsa state under PDP and yet stil ungrateful

Does this amount to disqualification?

Jonathan moved from deputy Governor to Governor to office of the Presidency na

(1) (Reply)

American Story About A Corrupt Nigerian Governor / Apc, Buhari Fighting Corruption With Deception / More Yorubas Supporting Biafra -olumide Morenikeji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.