Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,498 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

My Journey As A Writer - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Journey As A Writer (504 Views)

5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria / My Journey As A Naive Entrepreneur (A Lesson For All) / My Journey with The Supernatural/aliens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Journey As A Writer by Ademolag(m): 5:55pm On Sep 27, 2015
MY JOURNEY AS A WRITER Was it by coincidence or chance? I don’t really know but all I know for sure is that I discovered my passion and talent for writing before the age of ten. I would write novels, stories plays but they all kept ending up in the dustbin- not even one reader. Well, by the age of twelve I was determined to break that jinx, its still fresh in my memory, I mean the day I took my novel to a printer; I walked in confidently and asked for the printer. “how can I help you boy?” the ugly woman inquired, I lost confidence at once when I stared at her face, “she must be wicked and lousy,” I said to myself. “Good afternoon Ma, I want to print this novel” I whispered, she didn’t hear me and again her scary voice hit me with fear, “Eh!” I faced the ground this time- a way regaining confidence, and then I came again, louder this time “I want to print this novel”. She took the twenty leaves exercise book from me, leaved it through and laughed “Nna, who sent you”? She asked in between laughter. I waved my head and before I could raise it the remaining three women has joined in the laughter, “Let me see”, the other woman said and took my object of mockery from her, then came a vote of confidence from the printer herself, “Nna don’t mind them, it is good but where would you get the money to pay?” “I have it with me,” I replied. Surprisingly she asked, “Let me see”. I brought out a dirty five hundred naira note and the laughter intensified. “See go and call your mother” she said, and then I started leaving at once- I’ve had enough. “Come!” she called, I couldn’t look or go back to the shame so I took off. That demoralized me, I quit writing until 2004 when I was in JSS2- this time it’s a drama I wrote and once again, I visited a printer, though another one this time. Well, he treated me well and agreed to print it and I paid five hundred naira as advance without knowledge of the full price. I returned after six or seven months, he even recognized me, so I asked for the job “bring money”, was his reply. I think I was wise or maybe it was lack of cash because I walked away from his office.
Re: My Journey As A Writer by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 27, 2015
So are uback to writng now,?
used ro write stories as a kid, but now tis roo diff puttinf anything on papeR. All d ideas are supppresed and die in my head
Re: My Journey As A Writer by Ademolag(m): 7:42pm On Sep 27, 2015
yeah bro, m a full time writer. And why dont u reflect, if writing is in you, it will still come out
Re: My Journey As A Writer by llaykorn: 10:12am On Sep 28, 2015
Ademolag:
yeah bro, m a full time writer. And why dont u reflect, if writing is in you, it will still come out

LOL. You have a funny story. Has it ended already?
Re: My Journey As A Writer by Ademolag(m): 10:31am On Sep 28, 2015
what do you expect

(1) (Reply)

Blinded / Relationship/romance / Is Your Book About Overcoming Obstacles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.