Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,727 members, 7,827,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. - Education (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. (724266 Views)

2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide / 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide / 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (379) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Geofavor(m): 10:00am On Apr 27, 2016
etiosa97:
@ geofavor ......... just have to carry my cross, dont wanna buy jamb form anymore..... im doing xtensive reserch on OD and BMLS.......
what's OD and BMLS?

changing for good tomoro... tears rolling from my eyes as i type now, cux im gonna miss my precious medicine

Bro, there are options, you know? I don't know if you've considered them:

1) change of institution (COI).
Which do you love more, the school or the course? Uniben or medicine? If you love the course so much that you can go a bit far to study it, then you should consider COI. There are other very good schools that do not aggregate jamb's score with that of post utme. Once you score up to 200 in jamb, you qualify to write their putme and on the same ground with someone who scored 399. That is, it is only your post-jamb score that will determine your admission status. Screw jamb! smiley

A very good school I know that uses this system is UI.

If, however, you don't want to leave benin ( 'cause no place like home smiley), I would say you go ahead to apply for medicine or change the course. Any one.

2) Switch back in 200 level.
If you change your course to optometry or any other course now, just to make sure your chances of getting admitted in uniben increases, it's a smart move. This is because after easily getting admitted, you can decide to change back to medicine in 200 level. Although, you might have to drop a year. . . Look on the bright side -- more time spent, more knowledge gained, more badass doctor you would be. smiley

On the other hand, you can decide to not change your course now. You can choose to go with the course on your jamb slip -- medicine. Now, you would have to study as if you were competing with Nikola Tesla (this guy slept for only 2hrs at nights). . . Don't worry, you probably don't have to strain yourself that much. The point is you have to be at your best right from your preparations untill the exam day. You would need to score at least 94. Phew!

If peradventure you didn't get your course, they'd give you another. You can then change back to medicine when you get to 200 level.

There are other options, too like, Ijmb, Jupeb, private schools etc. But these ones are probably too expensive.

Whatever you do, do not lose your passion. smiley
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Geofavor(m): 10:09am On Apr 27, 2016
winsome5:
We can smiley
all right, I'll be posting from time to time.
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 27, 2016
Uniben do not allow any form of transfer to medicine or law in any level, albeit u can transfer to other courses with a 50k form fee.
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 27, 2016
Hmm
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
@geofavour O - doctor of optometry bmls - bachelor of medical Laboratory science
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 27, 2016
KPhantom:
my frnd etiosa97, do not be deceived by jamb score oo.. Jamb dis yr was crappy, some read their ass off and got amazing scores like 280, yes, some didn't read at all, and they scored very low, but some played throughout, didn't read nor opened any textbook, and they scored 300, while some read like their life depended on it and they got low scores. dis yrs's jamb was that crazy.. i have a frnd i encouraged to pick jamb form, he was so reluctant to even buy it. i gave him past questions, he didn't use them.. He was even working sef, he was always complaining he is not reading. Dis guy almost missed his exam sef if it were not for me that helped him reprint his slip to check his exam date.. to show hw unserious he was. But dis guy got 273.. lol we were shocked oo.. he guessed almost throughout bio and got 98.. My guy u had better nt be interested in jamb score and focus on pume.. all is well sha.
Guy you wicked ooooo.. allow am change course na.. you wan make he spend extra year for house??
you think sey medicine for uniben na ABCD? its a matter of competition nigga.. they're just too MUCH
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 27, 2016
Where are my fellow engineering aspirants in the house? ?
Only the smartest of boys are admitted cool
By God's grace, we shall go,we shall see,and we shall conquer angry goddamnit cool

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by KPhantom(m): 7:24pm On Apr 27, 2016
CaptainECole:
Guy you wicked ooooo.. allow am change course na.. you wan make he spend extra year for house??
you think sey medicine for uniben na ABCD? its a matter of competition nigga.. they're just too MUCH
im not against him getting COC though.. Everything in this life is a risk, and in Nigeria there'll always be competition. (You compete to buy fuel, u compete to buy the biggest plantain in the market, u compete to even enter bus when its rush hour lol. Men the hustle is real. No choice than to embrace the competition(brings out the best in one)
etiosa, when you do your COC, do not become complacent oo..
GOODLUCK bro.

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by KPhantom(m): 7:34pm On Apr 27, 2016
Hello guys, i wrote an article on the Advantages and Disadvantages of being a Course Rep. Unibenpilot, et all.. pls review it and see if u can have it as a content for your blog?
article is below.
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 27, 2016
KPhantom:
Hello guys, i wrote an article on the Advantages and Disadvantages of being a Course Rep. Unibenpilot, et all.. pls review it and see if u can have it as a content for your blog?
article is below.
where is the article .. cuz I'm very interested in reading it
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by KPhantom(m): 8:02pm On Apr 27, 2016
PROS

1) You develope leadership and management skills: Beign a
clas rep involves alot of responsibilities, You're charged with
the onus of ensuring assignments are submitted, providing CA
list, fixing project works and all. These in turn helps to develope
your leadership qualities.. In a department, u can have
students that can call you all sort of names if they get to knw
any of their important assignments go missing, you learn to be
calm, and work under pressure.

2) You become an acountant by force: Yes, very true, you will
be in charge of students money running into hundreds of
thousands, especially when there's an excursion coming up
and about 100 students are to pay N4000 each to you.. You
become cautious when handling money because you dont
want your HOD and students to deal with you if a kobo gets
missing.

3) You earn trust and respect: a very sensitive position, and
people cant just help but to trust you with thier 6 credit unit
assignments and projects. You also earn respect frm fellow
students and lower students.

4) You learn to become a great multitasker: Is it to arrange for
an impromptu meeting or to provide reliable information to
your department, its you.. You also strive to be at the top of
your class in academics, you're representing your class, you
have to knw your onions when it comes to academics.

CONS
1) Its stressful: The stress can gradually take a toll on you..
especially when your department is large, and your assistant
class rep is not functioning. the larger your department, the
more the stress.. And if you cant handle it properly, your
grades will feel the heat.

2) You miss important classes: You are always running
around, while classes are going on, believe you me, if you miss
a test, no one will say "come and re-write the test because
you're the class rep"

3) You will be at the receiving end of insults and hate: get
ready to receive many insults frm fellow students. This one is
inevitable. Or is it when your fellow course mate is contesting
for a position in the SUG and you dont support his campaign.
If he looses, he will come for your head..
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by KPhantom(m): 8:05pm On Apr 27, 2016
CaptainECole:
where is the article .. cuz I'm very interested in reading it
ok sir, refresh this page to see it. I had to modify it becos it was not arranged properly..
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by etiosa97(m): 8:52pm On Apr 27, 2016
good day guys... finanly ive changed to optometry... i just pray God makes d best out of it for me.. @geofavor and unibenpilot... tnks for d advice, i rilli appreciate...........buh jamb na wako sha? imagine babes wen i teach everything for hall, both score ova high pass my own.... 257 and 260 respectively

2 Likes

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 27, 2016
KPhantom:
PROS

1) You develope leadership and management skills: Beign a
clas rep involves alot of responsibilities, You're charged with
the onus of ensuring assignments are submitted, providing CA
list, fixing project works and all. These in turn helps to develope
your leadership qualities.. In a department, u can have
students that can call you all sort of names if they get to knw
any of their important assignments go missing, you learn to be
calm, and work under pressure.

2) You become an acountant by force: Yes, very true, you will
be in charge of students money running into hundreds of
thousands, especially when there's an excursion coming up
and about 100 students are to pay N4000 each to you.. You
become cautious when handling money because you dont
want your HOD and students to deal with you if a kobo gets
missing.

3) You earn trust and respect: a very sensitive position, and
people cant just help but to trust you with thier 6 credit unit
assignments and projects. You also earn respect frm fellow
students and lower students.

4) You learn to become a great multitasker: Is it to arrange for
an impromptu meeting or to provide reliable information to
your department, its you.. You also strive to be at the top of
your class in academics, you're representing your class, you
have to knw your onions when it comes to academics.

CONS
1) Its stressful: The stress can gradually take a toll on you..
especially when your department is large, and your assistant
class rep is not functioning. the larger your department, the
more the stress.. And if you cant handle it properly, your
grades will feel the heat.

2) You miss important classes: You are always running
around, while classes are going on, believe you me, if you miss
a test, no one will say "come and re-write the test because
you're the class rep"

3) You will be at the receiving end of insults and hate: get
ready to receive many insults frm fellow students. This one is
inevitable. Or is it when your fellow course mate is contesting
for a position in the SUG and you dont support his campaign.
If he looses, he will come for your head..
wow .. great write-up.. I have always admired course reps but with the CONS you mentioned, I think its better you remain an ordinary student.
#justsaying
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by UnibenPilot: 10:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
KPhantom:

ok sir, refresh this page to see it. I had to modify it becos it was not arranged properly..
Wow! Nice writeup smiley
How did you get to know the Pros and cons?
Seems you were once a class rep.
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by mhizmercinda(f): 10:38pm On Apr 27, 2016
I try sha.....any one again?
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Suzie0(f): 10:46pm On Apr 27, 2016
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Suzie0(f): 10:47pm On Apr 27, 2016
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 27, 2016
UnibenPilot:

If a mixture of 1.5mol of Aluminium and 3.0mol of chlorine are allowed to react, how many grams of AlCl 3 are formed? (Al = 27g, Cl = 35.5)

267g of AlCl 3 cool
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by mhizmercinda(f): 11:17pm On Apr 27, 2016
4/5 wow!nice sha
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by UnibenPilot: 11:39pm On Apr 27, 2016
Suzie0:
After writing my jamb, i got a small job. I dunno how much time i have left, i'm kinda considering quiting the job so as to face my book full time. Studying from 10pm to 1am, i think, is not good enough. What do u think? I realy wana gain admission this year. Though my jamb score is kind of discouraging: 202, going for mass com. The competition must be high i guess...
My advice for you is to quit your job and focus more on your studies. If possible, get enrolled in Post utme tutorial classes. Don't study only at night. Read your books every time (morning, afternoon and night).
Good luck!
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by UnibenPilot: 11:50pm On Apr 27, 2016
etiosa97:
good day guys... finanly ive changed to optometry... i just pray God makes d best out of it for me.. @geo.favor and uniben.pilot... tnks for d advice, i rilli appreciate...........buh jamb na wako sha? imagine babes wen i teach everything for hall, both score ova high pass my own.... 257 and 260 respectively
smiley smiley smiley
dont forget to keep the candle burning.
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Rexyblaze: 12:08am On Apr 28, 2016
UnibenPilot:
smiley smiley smiley dont forget to keep the candle burning.
Am still awaiting your reply Sir
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by mhizmercinda(f): 12:15am On Apr 28, 2016
Hmmmm.......dis place z filled with science students.seems art student aren't here or re they dormant?art student in d house put up ur hand n say Yeeeee!!
smiley smiley smiley
#AbiNaOnlyMeWakaCum?sad:>
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by UnibenPilot: 12:15am On Apr 28, 2016
KPhantom:
article is below.
You can read your article here smiley

http://unibenpilot..com.ng/2016/04/advantages-and-disadvantages-of.html?m=1
Thanks for sharing.
You'll obviously make a good writer. Keep it up!
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by UnibenPilot: 12:18am On Apr 28, 2016
Rexyblaze:
Am still awaiting your reply Sir
Sorry for taking your time sir.
I promise to get back to you before evening (today)
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Geofavor(m): 4:01am On Apr 28, 2016
etiosa97:
good day guys... finanly ive changed to optometry... i just pray God makes d best out of it for me.. @geofav.or and unibenpi.lot... tnks for d advice, i rilli appreciate...........buh jamb na wako sha? imagine babes wen i teach everything for hall, both score ova high pass my own.... 257 and 260 respectively
All right. Leave jamb with their wahala. That one don pass.
What we should be focusing on now is the putme that is almost upon us. cool
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Geofavor(m): 4:04am On Apr 28, 2016
mhizmercinda:
Hmmmm.......dis place z filled with science students.seems art student aren't here or re they dormant?art student in d house put up ur hand n say Yeeeee!!
smiley smiley smiley
#AbiNaOnlyMeWakaCum?sad:>
LOL. Hey, I'm a science student but I love arts, too. So, don't worry, you're not alone. smiley

your course?
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Geofavor(m): 4:11am On Apr 28, 2016
BSSA:
Uniben do not allow any form of transfer to medicine or law in any level, albeit u can transfer to other courses with a 50k form fee.
wow, unibenpilot can you please confirm this?
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Geofavor(m): 4:39am On Apr 28, 2016
Suzie0:
After writing my jamb, i got a small job. I dunno how much time i have left, i'm kinda considering quiting the job so as to face my book full time. Studying from 10pm to 1am, i think, is not good enough. What do u think? I realy wana gain admission this year. Though my jamb score is kind of discouraging: 202, going for mass com. The competition must be high i guess...
I'd advice you to quit the job (for now, at least). Your course is a competitive one, so, you have to be at your best.
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by KPhantom(m): 7:10am On Apr 28, 2016
CaptainECole:
wow .. great write-up.. I have always admired course reps but with the CONS you mentioned, I think its better you remain an ordinary student.
#justsaying
thanks sir.. I doubt if u will remain an ordinary student, cos ur moniker says otherwise..
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by KPhantom(m): 7:13am On Apr 28, 2016
UnibenPilot:
Wow! Nice writeup smiley How did you get to know the Pros and cons? Seems you were once a class rep.
thanks.. My bro's a course rep, and we're very close, so we talk alot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (379) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread / The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.