Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Is It Necessary To Flaunt Your Life On Social Media? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is It Necessary To Flaunt Your Life On Social Media? (503 Views)

2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well / Funny memes depicting life on Nairaland. / What Has Been The Most Embarrassing Moment Of Your Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Necessary To Flaunt Your Life On Social Media? by ALocoVivaVoce: 9:50am On Sep 28, 2015
Ok guys, today’s post is really a topic of concern in our society today. As we know, everyone is on social media and if you are bored and pretty much just want to keep tabs on that ex of yours or the girl next door, all you need do is go to his or her Instagram or Snap Chat page and you can pretty much enter into the world of that person.

You would get to see how the person has lived every single day ever since their account was created. From their outfits and the designer’s name (sometimes price tag), to the places they’ve visited, the food they ate, the car they drive and the whole nine yards. As a matter of fact, you will get an INCLUSIVE insight into that person’s daily routine.

And I ask you guys, IS IT NECESSARY TO FLAUNT YOUR LIFE ON SOCIAL MEDIA?

Let me go ahead and say that I absolutely DO NOT have a problem with social media, I actually believe it is a very creative and useful invention. What I have a problem with is the way people are pretty much “abusing” it.

Oh I’m jetting off to Dubai, Instagram. Just bought a new perfume, Twitter. Just made Banga soup, Facebook. Le Boo proposed, Snap Chat. I mean what is the deal?

Whatever happened to PRIVACY?

How exactly does putting up every single picture and video of you add value to your life? Or like some people would say, “Change the price of garri in the market”?

Let’s not forget about the ones that play “love” on social media by posting pictures and videos of their “boyfriends” and “husbands” with ridiculous captions and hashtags. Oh we’re in love! Look at our pictures #boooflife #togetherforever #woulddiewithoutyou. As the saying goes, ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT GOLD.

Isn’t there anyone else worried about the evolution of social media? I mean ever since Snap Chat was invented, all I can think of is the day someone would put up videos of their intimate moments whilst indulging in the act (if they haven’t already). At the rate we’re going, that day is not far off.

Let me give you one particular instance that annoyed me to my bones; Tiwa Savage and TeeBilz’s first wedding anniversary.

For those of you that didn’t catch a glimpse of their Instagram post on their first wedding anniversary, click the link to feed your eyes with the pictures and to read the picture caption and the rest of the post.

http://alocovivavoce.com/2015/09/28/is-it-necessary-to-flaunt-your-life-on-social-media/
Re: Is It Necessary To Flaunt Your Life On Social Media? by ammyluv2002(f): 9:53am On Sep 28, 2015
Choice! It's a free world tho I'm not cool with it.
Re: Is It Necessary To Flaunt Your Life On Social Media? by henribj(m): 10:06am On Sep 28, 2015
OP you got a point
Re: Is It Necessary To Flaunt Your Life On Social Media? by Juxtified(m): 10:17am On Sep 28, 2015
I try as much as possible to separate my personal life from social medial life.
And if you reveal any part of my life in the process of commenting on my posts, I delete the comment asap with or without apology!

(1) (Reply)

Cameron Thor Was Convicted Of Performing A Lewd Act On A Minor For His Involveme / See What Lagos Gov. Ambode Did To An Unruly Driver In Ejigbo Area Of Lagos Today / How My Brother Escape The Attacks In Gudumbali & Kareto!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.