Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,371 members, 7,954,501 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:38 PM

Is The Christian Trinity Biblical? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Christian Trinity Biblical? (1393 Views)

The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Christian Trinity Biblical? by huxley(m): 10:00pm On Apr 17, 2009
Don't think so. Watch here
Re: Is The Christian Trinity Biblical? by Horus(m): 11:23pm On Apr 17, 2009
People would call me mad when I said things like, “in your Bible there are added verses to support your trinity theory.” Christians say oh he’s crazy, or he’s mad. Christians claim that a trinity exists in the Bible, when it doesn’t. I repeat, yes, you can find the words “the father, the word, and the Holy Ghost and these three are one” in 1 John 5:7-9 in any version of the Bible. However if you were to consult the original manuscript of the original Aramic or Syriac Bible, you would find that these words don’t exist and that they were added in. If your preacher, teacher, minister, pastor,deacon or any other religious leader really cared, he would take time out to research the original language, rather than rely on poor translations. If they knew how to translate from the original Syriac (Arabic) and Galilean Arabic, the verse 1 John 5:7 that you are familiar with today did not exist. Neither did it exist in the original Hebrew and Greek that were translated from these original languages. It wasn’t until the onset of the Roman Catholic Church that this distortion was made. The Roman Catholics inserted the trinity verse when they tranlated the bible from Greek to Latin. Notice I say “inserted” and not “translated” because, as I already said, the original Greek did not have this verse. However, you will find some Greek translations that have been translated from Latin or English, and it is in these Greek translations that you will find either the whole trinity verse or only a portion of it.

1 John 5:7 is surrounded in controversy because there are two versions of this verse. So-called scholars say the verse used in most bibles today is either not the original verse, or they say that it is only partially genuine. These so-called scholars continue to argue back and forth on this subject because they really don’t want to admit that the trinity really has no basis in the teachings of Jesus.

I will refer to the Holy Bible from Ancient Manuscripts by George M. Lamsa, which is a bible that is translated from the original Aramic or Syriac language :

6 This is he who came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ, not by water only, but by water and blood.
7 And the Spirit testifies that that very Spirit is the truth.
8 And there are three to bear witness, the Spirit and the water and the blood; and these three are one.

When you read 1 John 5:7 in your standard bible, which in this case is the Ryrie Study Bible (King James Version). . . you will read this:

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Do you see what happened?? . . . You will find that the original verse 5:7, has been actually pushed up to merge with verse 5:6.
Re: Is The Christian Trinity Biblical? by okgerald(m): 5:02am On Apr 18, 2009
Very soon the word trinity would be inserted into the bible so keep ur old copies well
Re: Is The Christian Trinity Biblical? by Nobody: 10:31am On Apr 18, 2009
everybody knows that 1john5:7 was an insertion but it dosen't mean the trinity is not true.It dosen't have top be in the bible for it to be true.It was actually implied in several bible passages and taught by the early church fathers ,those who met the apostles.This doctrine of trinity has been treated and put to rest by the council of nicea in 325AD
Re: Is The Christian Trinity Biblical? by noetic(m): 11:19am On Apr 18, 2009
ok.gerald:

Very soon the word trinity would be inserted into the bible so keep ur old copies well
thou he-goat slave of the blood thirsty allah. . . . .who wrote thy bloody nefarious koran?
Re: Is The Christian Trinity Biblical? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 18, 2009
Topic asked whether the tritnity was biblical.
It didn't ask members to show how well they can insult whoever does not share their beliefs.
@topic. No. Its not.
Re: Is The Christian Trinity Biblical? by okgerald(m): 2:11pm On Apr 18, 2009
thou he-goat slave of the blood thirsty allah. . . . .who wrote thy bloody nefarious koran?

[40.2] The sending down of the Book is from Allah, the Almighty, the Knower.
[40.3] The Forgiver of sins and the Acceptor of repentance. Stern in retribution, the Bountiful, there is no god except He and to Him is the arrival. [40.4] None but the unbelievers dispute concerning the verses of Allah. So do not be deluded by their going to and fro in the land. [40.5] The nation of Noah before them belied, and so did the parties after them. Every nation strove against their Messenger to seize him, disputing with false arguments to refute the truth. Then I seized them, how was My punishment! [40.6] And so it is that the Word of your Lord shall be realized against the unbelievers they are the inhabitants of the Fire.
Re: Is The Christian Trinity Biblical? by noetic(m): 3:31pm On Apr 18, 2009
ok.gerald:

[40.2] The sending down of the Book is from Allah, the Almighty, the Knower.
[40.3] The Forgiver of sins and the Acceptor of repentance. Stern in retribution, the Bountiful, there is no god except He and to Him is the arrival. [40.4] None but the unbelievers dispute concerning the verses of Allah. So do not be deluded by their going to and fro in the land. [40.5] The nation of Noah before them belied, and so did the parties after them. Every nation strove against their Messenger to seize him, disputing with false arguments to refute the truth. Then I seized them, how was My punishment! [40.6] And so it is that the Word of your Lord shall be realized against the unbelievers they are the inhabitants of the Fire.
whenever muslims cannot express their violence, are in the minority or cannot spread hate, It is easy to preach.

keep the nefarious gospel of allah to urself.
Re: Is The Christian Trinity Biblical? by todak(m): 4:53pm On Apr 19, 2009
Well, i only have one question for the poster, in Gen 1:26"And God said, Let [b]us [/b]make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

Who was he taking to?
Re: Is The Christian Trinity Biblical? by huxley(m): 5:01pm On Apr 19, 2009
todak:

Well, i only have one question for the poster, in Gen 1:26"And God said, Let [b]us [/b]make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

Who was he taking to?

Of course, he was talking to me, idiot.
Re: Is The Christian Trinity Biblical? by Horus(m): 5:21pm On Apr 19, 2009
todak:

Well, i only have one question for the poster, in Gen 1:26"And God said, Let us [/b]make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

Who was he taking to?

Your creators are High angelic beings name En.Lil and mother Nin.Ti  they are the ones in the bible where it says "[b]WE
created them in our image and after our likeness", meaning that there were more than one god doing this creating ,Genisis 1;26. The bible will teach that there is only one god; the real truth is that there was more than one god. It reads in Exodus20:3" Thou shall have no other GODS before me". This statement alone admits that there are other gods that exists. These Neteru or Gods are of a much higher rank than we mortals are. The All encompasses everything, which includes all the many galaxies and star constellations as well. We live in the 18th galaxy called the Milky Way. There are billions of other galaxies out there that are now being discovered by scientist today.
Re: Is The Christian Trinity Biblical? by todak(m): 3:54pm On Apr 23, 2009
@huxley

You would never stop being a fool,

@Horus

Your creators are High angelic beings name En.Lil and mother Nin.Ti they are the ones in the bible where it says "WE created them in our image and after our likeness", meaning that there were more than one god doing this creating ,Genisis 1;26. The bible will teach that there is only one god; the real truth is that there was more than one god. It reads in Exodus20:3" Thou shall have no other GODS before me". This statement alone admits that there are other gods that exists. These Neteru or Gods are of a much higher rank than we mortals are. The All encompasses everything, which includes all the many galaxies and star constellations as well. We live in the 18th galaxy called the Milky Way. There are billions of other galaxies out there that are now being discovered by scientist today.

Why did you use YOUR CREATORS. I have one creator who is GOd Most High, and since you know there are some otehr higher beings, they may be your god. Since you are an atheisit, it is useless telling who the other gods are, since you do not believe there is God, is the Devil you will believe exist?
Re: Is The Christian Trinity Biblical? by Horus(m): 9:16pm On Apr 23, 2009
todak:

@Horus

Why did you use YOUR CREATORS. I have one creator who is GOd Most High, and since you know there are some otehr higher beings, they may be your god. Since you are an atheisit, it is useless telling who the other gods are, since you do not believe there is God, is the Devil you will believe exist?
Because as you can see the word GODS is in the plural form,and this is right in in your bible in front of your eyes in Exodus20:3
" Thou shall have no other GODS before me". This statement alone admits that there are other gods that exists.Please go and take your bible and read it by yourself in Exodus20:3
Re: Is The Christian Trinity Biblical? by noetic1: 9:18pm On Apr 23, 2009
huxley:

grin grin grin grin grin

who is the real idiot here? grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Adoration Ministry That Cares For The Poor / Can Anyone Please Tell Me What Is Going On With A Guy Called Lagosshia / Christianity As Practiced In Nigeria Today, A Step Too Far?!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.