Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus - Rap Battles (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus (21398 Views)

September To Remember Bonanza For All Artistes / Coogar!!! / Down To The Wire: Elymaxiimus Vs Limerick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by JigsawKillah(m): 10:21am On Sep 29, 2015
coogar:

sharrrap and change your moniker. your slavemaster has lost. be a man and stand by your words. i hate sissies crying over spilt milk.

oh shut it, please
Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by pongwa(m): 10:55am On Sep 29, 2015
MuhdG:
Otondo
im not a rapper so quit bickering I just talked in rhymes, my thought expressing

eyin weyrey sneh
Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 29, 2015
pongwa:
im not a rapper so quit bickering
I just talked in rhymes, my thought expressing

eyin weyrey sneh

Mamanka tara
Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by danbrowndmf(m): 11:05am On Sep 29, 2015
Mhizkel:

Boo boocheesy
i dy here dy para o. People jus dy toast toast u anyhow here,u be bread?.sad

1 Like

Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by coogar: 11:06am On Sep 29, 2015
JigsawKillah:

oh shut it, please

shut up, you cünt!

jigsawkilla.....you pledged to change your moniker
to whatever name i desire if your slave-master loses.

he lost woefully......when are you deactivating and
changing your name to cocklicker?
Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by Mhizkel(f): 11:09am On Sep 29, 2015
danbrowndmf:
i dy here dy para o. People jus dy toast toast u anyhow here,u be bread?.sad
shocked You be parasite
Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by danbrowndmf(m): 11:10am On Sep 29, 2015
firstEVA:
the interesting part of all these is your choice of words in this session "bodybag" lol. Some will say cremate, so y'all kill with words, lol, hilarious. More reason I love the session cheesy
lols,i can see u'v reall fell inlove with the forum.cheesy howfa have u gone with ur homework grin?
Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by danbrowndmf(m): 11:24am On Sep 29, 2015
llaykorn:

Hehe. Have you been penning verses before? If you start inking because of women, you'll get bored of the art. tongue
i rap for real buh don' really know how to do dis textrap stuff,when it comes to doing this textrap,i'm still learning.cheesy

sharap,u use that ur yeye poem dy toast girls for romance section finish,why haven't u get bored of the art,ole.cheesy
Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by kr0ne(m): 11:44am On Sep 29, 2015
coogar:

it's not the meaning that grates us, it's the pronunciation.
Copenhagen = cope in hay-gin, not cop in hagg-ing.
Yeah, you and Ibime are right. I looked up the pronunciation.
Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 29, 2015
danbrowndmf:
lols,i can see u'v reall fell inlove with the forum.cheesy howfa have u gone with ur homework grin?
I will devote some time to it weekend cheesy
Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by ELYMAXiimus(m): 12:38pm On Sep 29, 2015
kr0ne:

Yeah, you and Ibime are right. I looked up the pronunciation.
that pronunciation is the "english" pronunciation. And it could be pronounced as either /kopinhaygin/ or /kopinha:gin/

the "e" has a shwuere sound. So in that case it sounds similar to /i/

in the real language, it is pronounced something like; copnhaven

i just confirmed again. I wasn't wrong. Ibime isnt just familiar with that way of pronouncing the word.
Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by kr0ne(m): 12:54pm On Sep 29, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

that pronunciation is the "english" pronunciation. And it could be pronounced as either /kopinhaygin/ or /kopinha:gin/

the "e" has a shwuere sound. So in that case it sounds similar to /i/

in the real language, it is pronounced something like; copnhaven

i just confirmed again. I wasn't wrong. Ibime isnt just familiar with that way of pronouncing the word.
Seriously, I don't know which to follow - YouTube audio pronunciation or the dictionary's. As for the YouTube, I just listened to it now via the link below, and it sounds exactly as you supposed it. On audio, it would have been perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7URUAUygynw

1 Share

Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by kr0ne(m): 12:56pm On Sep 29, 2015
But, Elymaxiimus, forget this thing. E don do.
Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by ELYMAXiimus(m): 1:06pm On Sep 29, 2015
kr0ne:

Seriously, I don't know which to follow - YouTube audio pronunciation or the dictionary's. As for the YouTube, I just listened to it now via the link below, and it sounds exactly as you supposed it. On audio, it would have been perfect.

thank you for this. This is the only pronunciation i know.
It's until bis said it wasn't correct i browsed and saw that it may also be pronounced as "coping hey ***" tho i've never heard it pronounced that way. Some urban dictionary only just showed the transcription to be so.
Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by JigsawKillah(m): 1:13pm On Sep 29, 2015
coogar:

shut up, you cünt!
jigsawkilla.....you pledged to change your moniker to whatever name i desire if your slave-master loses.
he lost woefully......when are you deactivating and changing your name to cocklicker?

yesterday it was peacockkillah. you're confused! i'm almost done creating that
Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by ELYMAXiimus(m): 1:13pm On Sep 29, 2015
kr0ne:
But, Elymaxiimus, forget this thing. E don do.
haba, i no dey fight anybody na
I like discussing educative stuffs like this. And it's fun when it's done in a mature manner.
This is why i can't get along people like thecrook nd rebel.
They can't argue without curses.
Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by Ibime(m): 1:46pm On Sep 29, 2015
kr0ne:

As the Youtube clearly showns the local pronunciation is haarguhn. The English pronunciation is hay guhn.

the haa sound in local etymology is almost Germanic in nature. . . .it comes with a harsh sound and phleghm in the back of the throat when you say it. . . . There is no English vowel which is exact but it is similar to the same sound when you say Prague, Haarlem, Haagstraat, De Graafschapp. . . even better, Haagen Das . . . . carrying on, the closest English vowel is the sound you make when you say hard, lard, fart, jarred, car. . . . as you can see, even the picture you put up uses CAR as the way to pronounce the AA.

Nothing like "hagging" which sounds like bag, stag, jag.

I don't even know why the debate, the punch was weak sef. What does cop in hagging mean to the average citizen?
Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by kr0ne(m): 2:12pm On Sep 29, 2015
Ibime:

As the Youtube clearly showns the local pronunciation is haarguhn. The English pronunciation is hay guhn.

the haa sound in local etymology is almost Germanic in nature. . . .it comes with a harsh sound and phleghm in the back of the throat when you say it. . . . There is no English vowel which is exact but it is similar to the same sound when you say Prague, Haarlem, Haagstraat, De Graafschapp. . . even better, Haagen Das . . . . carrying on, the closest English vowel is the sound you make when you say hard, lard, fart, jarred, car. . . . as you can see, even the picture you put up uses CAR as the way to pronounce the AA.

Nothing like "hagging" which sounds like bag, stag, jag.

I don't even know why the debate, the punch was weak sef. What does cop in hagging mean to the average citizen?
My debate is not about the strength of the punch but the pronunciation as regards wordplay in general. While I agree with you that it's a flop to play Cope-en-Hagging with Cope-en-Haaguhn on text, it would, however, work perfectly on audio. If someone spits this in an audio battle, using the YouTube/English example I cited above, you wouldn't notice.
Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by danbrowndmf(m): 2:28pm On Sep 29, 2015
firstEVA:
I will devote some time to it weekend cheesy
suprise how u tend to vacate family section where u talk about marriage for rap section where u will be bag like a dust bin grin
Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 29, 2015
danbrowndmf:
suprise how u tend to vacate family section where u talk about marriage for rap section where u will be bag like a dust bin grin
i hope u aint mistaken me for someone else though
Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by danbrowndmf(m): 2:42pm On Sep 29, 2015
firstEVA:
i hope u aint mistaken me for someone else though
go to FFR and drop freestyle grin
Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by Tomtoxic: 2:45pm On Sep 29, 2015
hmm from what I saw I don't understand d votes ooh I still think max won #worship warships and prey pray aren't original,creative and too easy na every textcee 4rm secondary school uses dat
Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by llaykorn: 2:51pm On Sep 29, 2015
danbrowndmf:
i rap for real buh don' really know how to do dis textrap stuff,when it comes to doing this textrap,i'm still learning.cheesy

sharap,u use that ur yeye poem dy toast girls for romance section finish,why haven't u get bored of the art,ole.cheesy

Hehe. See accusation! Na me sit you down tell you say I dey use poem toast babe for Romance section? Olohun a da! sad

Besides, what girl in this age cares about the indecipherable verses of some poet? It's not by verse; it's by cash. tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by danbrowndmf(m): 2:58pm On Sep 29, 2015
llaykorn:

Hehe. See accusation! Na me sit you down tell you say I dey use poem toast babe for Romance section? Olohun a da! sad

Besides, what girl in this age cares about the indecipherable verses of some poet? It's not by verse; it's by cash. tongue
you can get a girl with ur poem but can't keep her without cash grin
Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by coogar: 3:02pm On Sep 29, 2015
kr0ne:

My debate is not about the strength of the punch but the pronunciation as regards wordplay in general. While I agree with you that it's a flop to play Cope-en-Hagging with Cope-en-Haaguhn on text, it would, however, work perfectly on audio. If someone spits this in an audio battle, using the YouTube/English example I sited above, you wouldn't notice.

the punch was weak, the set-up was woeful!
i dunno why you are emphasising on it. even if it had connected
well with what he intended, his opener didn't get close to mine.
cope-en-hagging has been overplayed, make una drop the matter.

the bar wasn't the reason elymax lost woefully. he's not polished,
his vocab pool is shallow and his pen game is extremely limited. as
a credible writer....one must write in such a way that the most spastic
reader can grasp what is being written. elymax's scripts lack any kinda
structure. it was badly put together and this is why i think he needs to
work harder.

1 Like

Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by coogar: 3:07pm On Sep 29, 2015
JigsawKillah:

yesterday it was peacockkillah.
you're confused!
i'm almost done creating that

it's taking too much time....
create the username right now.....cocklicker
be a man of your words....at least, prove to us you
have a spinal cord unlike your slavemaster(elyfart).
Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by danbrowndmf(m): 3:11pm On Sep 29, 2015
Mhizkel:
shocked You be parasite
no i be weed.sad
Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by Supermiy: 3:52pm On Sep 29, 2015
E Never Do?.. Na Wa Oh
Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by Mhizkel(f): 3:56pm On Sep 29, 2015
danbrowndmf:
no i be weed.sad
Can I smoke you?
Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by JigsawKillah(m): 4:32pm On Sep 29, 2015
coogar:

it's taking too much time.... create the username right now.....cocklicker be a man of your words....at least, prove to us you have a spinal cord unlike your slavemaster(elyfart).

smh. system's been down. chillax, son
Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by danbrowndmf(m): 5:21pm On Sep 29, 2015
Mhizkel:
Can I smoke you?
only one tab of me go high u.cheesy
Re: September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus by YoungDaNaval(m): 5:36pm On Sep 29, 2015
Mhizkel:
Can I smoke you?
Hian!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

"Star Warz" - Scores To Settle / Hausa Rapp Battles / Who Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.