Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Don’t Accept Buhari’s Ministerial Posts, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Accept Buhari’s Ministerial Posts, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo (880 Views)

"I Don’t Accept Gifts From People" - Aisha Buhari / Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo / Fashola, Others Gets Buhari’s Anointing For Ministerial Posts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Accept Buhari’s Ministerial Posts, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by YurFatHer: 2:22pm On Sep 29, 2015
The apex Igbo socio-cultural group, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, on Monday, urged Igbo not take to ministerial appointments by President Muhammadu Buhari following the seeming lopsidedness of appointments made so far by the President.
Ohanaeze, while reacting to the strident outcries that have attended the appointment of the President’s ‘kitchen cabinet’, appealed to the Igbo nation to remain calm.
President-General, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Enwo Gary Igariwey, spoke at the Ohanaeze National Secretariat in Enugu during an appraisal meeting on the Igbo nation.
Igariwey said, “We had a meeting of a select group with Ohanaeze NEC to discuss Igbo Day celebration. It will be held on a low key. Branches are free to celebrate as they want. But Ohanaeze national will mark Igbo Day on a low key.
“It will be a day of retreat, tact and unity. The theme of this year’s celebration is ‘Akonauche na Njiko’ (tact and unity).
On the issue of appointments, he said, “We ask our people not to be disappointed on the seeming lopsidedness of appointments made so far by the President.
“Our people should remain steadfast, think of home, and galvanise efforts towards the development of Igbo nation because nobody will do it for us. We have helped in building Lagos and Abuja among others. It is time to do the same in our own place.
“We should recreate that zeal and develop our place. This years’ celebration is not a time of festival and masquerades, but a time for rethink.”
Also, former Secretary-General of Ohanaeze, Chief Joe Achuzia, who was miffed by the lopsided ‘kitchen cabinet’ appointments, charged Ndigbo to remain strong and form a veritable opposition that will take over power come 2019.
According to the former scribe, “Having known that the President has distributed key positions to his brothers, what worries me is that ministers have been regarded as mere servants by the President. In other words, if an Igbo is appointed minister, he or she will be a mere servant.
“The question is, are we to take up such positions to go and serve him, to go and make him popular? Without an Igbo man being a minister, I do not think the President will survive. So, Igbo should not take ministerial position.”

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/09/dont-accept-buharis-ministerial-posts-ohanaeze-urges-igbo/

cc: lalasticlala
Re: Don’t Accept Buhari’s Ministerial Posts, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by benedictnsi(m): 2:23pm On Sep 29, 2015
Noise makers....... Unity in Nigeria should be the clamour....... Not a Biafra that will still be doomed by Racism amongst we the igbos
Re: Don’t Accept Buhari’s Ministerial Posts, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by Katastrofy: 2:25pm On Sep 29, 2015
lol
Re: Don’t Accept Buhari’s Ministerial Posts, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by OVI75(m): 2:26pm On Sep 29, 2015
If it were you nko? lets be logical here,buahri is just victimizing ndi-igbo nation because they didnt vote fr him.

Buhari is not a patriot,noo far from it,he is more of someone always clamouring for his region before now.

If you hear buhari speaking against corruption(hypocrisy at its peak),its not a falout of dire patriotism but because he sees nigeria An estate whose land was acqiured,plan drawn and structure erected by his tribe,that nigeria is their Fathers property and their inheritance.

So i support their position,else check arewas utterances when Gej was pres.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Accept Buhari’s Ministerial Posts, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by Cadamlk: 4:32pm On Sep 29, 2015
OVI75:
If it were you nko? lets be logical here,buahri is just victimizing ndi-igbo nation because they didnt vote fr him.

Buhari is not a patriot,noo far from it,he is more of someone always clamouring for his region before now.

If you hear buhari speaking against corruption(hypocrisy at its peak),its not a falout of dire patriotism but because he sees nigeria An estate whose land was acqiured,plan drawn and structure erected by his tribe,that nigeria is their Fathers property and their inheritance.

So i support their position,else check arewas utterances when Gej was pres.
Bros,i agree with you where you say Buhari's appointment is lopsided.

The area I want to disagree with you is your claim that Igbos are being victimised for election reason

If Buhari truely is doing that,then he's not a man of integrity as agreed buy international communities.......For the fact that he did not win the eastern states does not mean the easterners does not vote for him at all.

Come to think of it,the only region his appointments have favoured so far is the north.
Re: Don’t Accept Buhari’s Ministerial Posts, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by disumusa: 4:41pm On Sep 29, 2015
YurFatHer:
The apex Igbo socio-cultural group, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, on Monday, urged Igbo not take to ministerial appointments by President Muhammadu Buhari following the seeming lopsidedness of appointments made so far by the President.
Ohanaeze, while reacting to the strident outcries that have attended the appointment of the President’s ‘kitchen cabinet’, appealed to the Igbo nation to remain calm.
President-General, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Enwo Gary Igariwey, spoke at the Ohanaeze National Secretariat in Enugu during an appraisal meeting on the Igbo nation.
Igariwey said, “We had a meeting of a select group with Ohanaeze NEC to discuss Igbo Day celebration. It will be held on a low key. Branches are free to celebrate as they want. But Ohanaeze national will mark Igbo Day on a low key.
“It will be a day of retreat, tact and unity. The theme of this year’s celebration is ‘Akonauche na Njiko’ (tact and unity).
On the issue of appointments, he said, “We ask our people not to be disappointed on the seeming lopsidedness of appointments made so far by the President.
“Our people should remain steadfast, think of home, and galvanise efforts towards the development of Igbo nation because nobody will do it for us. We have helped in building Lagos and Abuja among others. It is time to do the same in our own place.
“We should recreate that zeal and develop our place. This years’ celebration is not a time of festival and masquerades, but a time for rethink.”
Also, former Secretary-General of Ohanaeze, Chief Joe Achuzia, who was miffed by the lopsided ‘kitchen cabinet’ appointments, charged Ndigbo to remain strong and form a veritable opposition that will take over power come 2019.
According to the former scribe, “Having known that the President has distributed key positions to his brothers, what worries me is that ministers have been regarded as mere servants by the President. In other words, if an Igbo is appointed minister, he or she will be a mere servant.
“The question is, are we to take up such positions to go and serve him, to go and make him popular? Without an Igbo man being a minister, I do not think the President will survive. So, Igbo should not take ministerial position.”

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/09/dont-accept-buharis-ministerial-posts-ohanaeze-urges-igbo/

cc: lalasticlala
the igbo i know, infact give ngige minister for disable peoples afair, he will take it, no policy,no integrities all they know is yaeam ego nunu (money)
Re: Don’t Accept Buhari’s Ministerial Posts, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by AeroplaneApple: 9:57pm On Sep 01, 2018
Katastrofy:
lol
lol good evening katastrofy. Funny moniker tho. Pls can you please like.my post on this thread

https://nairaland.com/4708815/why-these-gentlemen-laughing-best

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

PDP Panel Submits Report, Recommends Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 / Diepreye Alamieyeseigha:ex-gov. Might Be Extradited To UK Despite Being Pardoned / Fashola Will Be Useless To ALL Nigerians As Minister Of FCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.