Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,899 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Anyone Got A Uk Visa Recently - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Got A Uk Visa Recently (6116 Views)

Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / Requirements To Renew Uk Visa / Uk Visa Application Mistake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Got A Uk Visa Recently by LondonCool(m): 5:04pm On Jan 02, 2007
@Londoncool

I am still waiting for your response, i discover you are online this morning but chose to ignore the thread that you used to be so active.

waiting for you sha.

You got to respond to this at all cost

@Akolawole,
I have no more comments to make based on your last response. I wouldnt want to be drawn into the dialetics of immigration rules and cases,
Re: Anyone Got A Uk Visa Recently by Akolawole(m): 5:13pm On Jan 02, 2007
@LC

On your nursing theory.

Plenty of people have left naija with the intention of doing this course.

You got to explain maybe i am wrong.
Re: Anyone Got A Uk Visa Recently by LondonCool(m): 5:42pm On Jan 02, 2007
Akolawole,

FOR NURSING ADDMISSION, i repeat, it must be indefinite stay. Period.

From my many years of experience in Immigration matters I have learnt not to make blanket statement like that.
Re: Anyone Got A Uk Visa Recently by Akolawole(m): 9:03pm On Jan 02, 2007
LondonCool:

1) From my many years of experience in Immigration matters I have learnt not to make blanket statement like that. I just gave you my wife's case as an example but you still were bent on your claims

2) Each UK University have an NHS grant allocation for student funding. Basically, the Nursing funding would not be available for a student who just arrived from Nigeria. But, if the person spent one year studying an NVQ Access to Nursing Course (for students without a science background) ,upon graduation the college does process applications for their students which includes lots of borderline residency cases. Universities even come to the college to present 'open days' to solicit for students to choose them over others inspite of the rules.

3) Some Universities are lenient some play by the book. LSBU (also known as London University of Lagos) play by the book due to lots of dubious cases. UeL are the worst (lots of forged doc students). TVU at Ealing Broadway is quiet lenient in that respect (and few others too).

For each student that finishes a Nursing course the University recieves an additional £500 per student, so they do try to encourage students to take up the course and may resort to borderline recruitment.

4) I have handled so many,many Nursing student cases to be sure of what I am talking about. Each case is treated on its own merit, so you do get 2 people with similar situations getting different outcomes.

Thanks for your comments.
I will start with your No 4.

4) I never doubted you as an immigration matter.
In those days, i used to organise Adaptation courses for Naija Nurses in UK but we all know the opportunity is closed now.
I handled a lot of Nursing addmission in UK, like i told you from project 2000. Many of my friends are Male Nurses now.

2) I know about the funding and i have mentioned it before.

I "once" in a college in UK. Many students left to do Access courses and NVQ in order to gain access to Nursing studies.
They apply for student extension based on the acess course, got the visa, recruited by the Universities during "open days". They were turned down during enrolment and in the process have immigration problem.

UK educational system has rules and regulation guiding addmissions and it is just one law NOT UNIVERSITY LAWS.

The Madam one is UNLAWFUL, i am sorry to say this.

I beg, lets go back to the topic jare.
Re: Anyone Got A Uk Visa Recently by LondonCool(m): 11:01pm On Jan 02, 2007
I wouldnt say "Madam's" case was unlawful (she is now a Brit Cit), it was the discretion of the University to admit the students they wanted.
Re: Anyone Got A Uk Visa Recently by Akolawole(m): 11:48pm On Jan 02, 2007
LondonCool:

1) I wouldnt say "Madam's" case was unlawful (she is now a Brit Cit),

2) it was the discretion of the University to admit the students they wanted. Immigration Officers do not check their admission lists to find out who has LTR,ILR or FLR,its the school prerogative. I have done 2 Masters degree courses. At the University of Westminster no one ever bothered to confirm if I had a GBR ppt or not during enrolment-I was admitted based on what I wrote on the application form. At the London Met University, they thoroughly checked my GBR ppt before I enrolled. Again ,the University's discretion.

3) I use to work with First Bank in UK, do you know how many Nigerian students are doing A'levels in UK just with ID YOU Rtheir 2 year Visit Visa's?
I use to remit school fee's for so many rich Nigerian men's children and liaise between colleges. Why don't the colleges send them back and refuse the £10,000 fee's.Its their discretion. Don't get me wrong. You need to have a student visa to schol in the UK because if you are discovered by the Immigration on arrival your visit visa will be cancelled. Even if you applied for a student visa to school at College A and you end up schooling at College B your student visa can be overturned, its commonplace.

1) That she's now carrying BP is IRRELEVANT in this matter.
It is unlawful to collect that money then. I will report you grin
Is your surname Lodoncool? i want to search around UK university for Mrs Londoncool, then report to the authority.

DID YOU REMEMBER THAT NMAS CONDUCT NURSING ADDMISSION?
University only do the remnants to fill up the gap.

2) Dont use the word "discretion" , please another word pls.
UK university depend on Foreign student to survive.

3) That is illegality of highest order.

I beg launch the deportation thread jare.
Re: Anyone Got A Uk Visa Recently by pape(m): 5:39am On Jan 04, 2007
Thanks mr Akolawole for putting us trough, mr mugu who claim to be wise should have been deceiving us, thanks onece more sir.
Re: Anyone Got A Uk Visa Recently by mrpataki(m): 10:36am On Jan 04, 2007
Such a high level of irregularities coming from an immigration officer undecided Yet some peeps would still tell me that there are no fraudulent pratices in the UK visa thing!
Re: Anyone Got A Uk Visa Recently by accachuks: 8:22pm On Jan 04, 2007
yeah everyone has spoken very well. the uk visa is a scam or not the fact remains that we are caused of all this refusal.i happen to make a very good research and i find out that we student try to play on the intelligent on some of the officials i can give you advice onhow to go about this wining a visa. but first let me land in uk first then i will tell you all but am trying to make this research to see if it will work very well. i am an acca student now i have applied to study and finish up my diet in uk with a business management school who has agree to get me a job while studying with them they have send to me all questions and other documents i have paid 470pounds to them and i have been given a receipt and it has also be forwarded to the british high comm.and other documents. i will go there by september but i have an appintment with the bhc by june. when am back i will explain to you, hey do make a mistake there are some mistakes we do, be factaul and there is something you will present to the embassy that will grant you a visa be ye student or business the school told me all. ;d
Re: Anyone Got A Uk Visa Recently by accachuks: 7:09pm On Jan 05, 2007
hello friends what i said was what i was been told by a friend listen if you want a visa from UK the best thing is to be factual be truthful those h=guys are smarter than you are okay present what you have and always have this reckony communication be bold and smart give them the bank account that has 2kobo but let that account be a good one hegheheheh THATS THE CASH FLOW. they are after how the money goes in and out thats all , then go and sleep ur visa will be urs
thanks my Master AKIN
Re: Anyone Got A Uk Visa Recently by Akolawole(m): 10:25pm On Jan 09, 2007
pape:

Thanks mr Akolawole for putting us trough, mr mugu who claim to be wise should have been deceiving us, thanks onece more sir.

mrpataki:

Such a high level of irregularities coming from an immigration officer undecided Yet some peeps would still tell me that there are no fraudulent pratices in the UK visa thing!

I beg leave my man alone.

Mistake no get Oga o.
Re: Anyone Got A Uk Visa Recently by forwardeve: 5:26am On Jun 03, 2007
I got a conditional offer on april 19 from a school in uk but i have not been able to make replies to the offer,I have fulfilled the 50% tution stuff and have returned the agreement form to the school with my telex copy of the school fees.
The lady in charge of admission now ask me to accept the offer firmly on ucas' website before turning the offer to an unconditional one ,she advised that I should call ucas.

please advise on what I should do

can they still allow me to make relply to the offer?is there any shortcut?I learnt an offer will be declined if not accepted after 14 or 21 days after the offering,please air your views

Mr akolawole,londoncool and others plzzzzzzzzzzz help
Re: Anyone Got A Uk Visa Recently by danedrol: 6:29pm On Feb 16, 2009
onatisi link=topic-26324.0.html#msg650224:

onatisi (m)
IF YOU WANT THE TRUTH , THIS IS IT , THE UK STUDENT VISA IS A SCAM . LET ME POINT SMETHING OUT HERE BASED ONN FACTS .
THE BRISTH HIGH COMMISION SAYS THAT IT RECEVES OVER 45,000 VISA APPLICATIONS FOR VISITING IN LAGOS ONLY IN A N\MONTH AND ANOTH 2500 PER MONTH DURING ADMISSION PERIOD . HABA NIGERIAN  . I DONT BLAME THESE PEOPLE HOW CAN ISSUE VISA LIKE THAT . THIS IS MY ASSUMPTION OUT OF THE 2500 THEY RECEIVE IN A DAY 1000 WILL HAVE FAKE DOUCUMENTS . AND LETS BE REALISTIC THERE IS NO WAY THEY CAN ISSUE 1500 STUDENT VISAS SO  OUT OF THE REMAING 1500 AUTHENTIC ONES MANY WILL BE REFUSED NO BECAUSE THEY DIDNT FULFILL ALL NECCESSARY THINGS BUT JUST BECAUSE. THEY EMBASSY GUYS CANT EXCEED THERI QUOTA .
I GOT REFUSED RECENTLY AND THE REASON WAS THAT MY  SPONSORS ACCOUNT CANT COPE WITH MY FEES , THE FEES  FOR THE SCHOOL IS 2150 POUND ,516,000 NAIRA  AND THEY ACCOUNT OF MY SPONSORS HAS ABALANCE OF 15MILLION ALWAYS UPDATED because SHE IS A BUSINESS WOMAN ,
NOW TELL ME SOMEONE THAT HAS 15M WONT BE ABLE TO PAY 1.5 FOR HIS BROTHER SCHOOLING . ANOTHER REASON IS THAT I DIDNT SPECIFY HOW MY GOING TO BRITAIN  WILL BENEFIT MY SPONSOR. IMAGINE . MY BROTHER THIS IS MY OWN CANDID ADVICE FORGET THE BRITSH STUDENT VISA AND LOOK  FOR AOTHER COUNTRIES .  I DONT HAVE A DEGREE I AM AN HND HOLDER BUT PEOPLE  ARE NOW MOVING OVER TO DENMARK, SWEDEN AND FINLAND  FOR STUDIES .

Why would you believe the UK Student Visa is a scam?
Let be a lil courteous about throwing the word scam around.

By the statement above, 1000 applications out of
every 2500 applications recieved contain fake documents.

The question is do you really need to falsify documents
in a bid to travel? - No!

No matter your status, with Proper Planning you
can work your way into providing Genuine documents
for your visa application.

Let me take some points in your post:
NOW TELL ME SOMEONE THAT HAS 15M WONT BE ABLE TO PAY 1.5 FOR HIS BROTHER SCHOOLING . ANOTHER REASON IS THAT I DIDNT SPECIFY HOW MY GOING TO BRITAIN WILL BENEFIT MY SPONSOR.

These guys are simply doing a fantastic Job!
Tell me, why would your sponsor want to spend a kobo
on your education? Of what benefit is it really to him -even if he is your blood brother?

If a benefit actually exists, it is your duty to inform these
ECOs of the benefits - simple.

If you do not know how to do this
then you should use professional services
like www.thevisasecrets.com

How do you know that Not all the remaining 1500 applicants get
their applications approved?

No matter the country people are shifting to,
you will be required to produce the same basic information.

Why, when, how and all those reasons.

If you are unsure how to answer these
questions, then visit the embassies to ask questions
or simply use the service of a service provider
like www.thevisasecrets.com - this is better
than for you to waste your hard earned money at the end of the day.
Re: Anyone Got A Uk Visa Recently by meetyommy: 11:04am On Feb 17, 2009
Indeed, i believe that the UK staudent Visa is a scam.
H\other countries are joining the thread, alot of countries especially the so called developed nations are scamming us!
The best option would have been to live here but even our government is not helping the situation!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cheapest Ticket To London / Nigeria's Montage / Nairalanders In Finland Please Share Your Experiece

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.