Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,030 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Nairalanders In Finland Please Share Your Experiece - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairalanders In Finland Please Share Your Experiece (6103 Views)

3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes / Isaac Odigbo In Finland Offers His Marriott’s Malaga Suite For Free In December / From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders In Finland Please Share Your Experiece by Franwin: 4:54pm On Sep 20, 2017
For someone planning to migrate to Finland with two years work permit visa, what is the possibility of survival. How is the cost of living, high or low? How fast can one settle with his/her family? Are the immigration laws friendly? What is the minimum and maximum hourly, weekly or monthly pay? How is life generally in Finland? Is it a place where one can make good savings and send something back home? Please share your experience in Finland.
Re: Nairalanders In Finland Please Share Your Experiece by krezorn: 10:24pm On Sep 20, 2017
pls how did you get the visa? am interested
Re: Nairalanders In Finland Please Share Your Experiece by pansophist(m): 11:00pm On Sep 20, 2017
Franwin:
For someone planning to migrate to Finland with two years work permit visa, what is the possibility of survival. How is the cost of living, high or low? How fast can one settle with his/her family? Are the immigration laws friendly? What is the minimum and maximum hourly, weekly or monthly pay? How is life generally in Finland? Is it a place where one can make good savings and send something back home? Please share your experience in Finland.

A job offer is a prerequisite to be issued a visa. so if you have a work permit, then it is presumable that you have a job already. You should be able to survive with the remuneration, depending on your lifestyle though. Furthermore, Finland is a country that respects and maintain the unity of the family, with provisions in place that ensures the unification for nuclear family members.

Finnish immigration law is for the deserved. It is not an easy or hard thing, it is duly conferred to people who are privileged (refugees, students, workers etc) or those who have the right to it (EU citizens, descendants of Finnish citizens domiciled offshore etc). It will be conferred to any individual that satisfies the requirements for the relevant provision.

I lived in Finland before moving away, it is a country that is opposite to Nigeria in every way. They eat their food cold, the weather is cold, the people are white, reserved and generally introverted. It will be incredibly boring for a Nigerian, you can basically go a whole week without talking to someone and I meant it literarily. Living for years without making a single friend is not something uncommon, and yes, you will face microaggressions/racism. To meet people, you need to engage in an activity. If you do sport, weightlifting, etc, it will be a platform that motivates friendship to blossom. Or you join a church/mosque to mingle with Africans. The Naija way of making friends is seen as desperation, a turn-off, and approach with suspicion.

Gorgeous nature and landscape, civility, literacy and a high quality of life is something that is guaranteed if you live in Finland. You can have an intellectual discussion with an average citizen, and although friendships are hard to come by, its everlasting if they do. Hope you make it to Finland.

11 Likes

Re: Nairalanders In Finland Please Share Your Experiece by Franwin: 7:13am On Sep 21, 2017
@krezorn, I am still working on it but I have been assured I will get it
Re: Nairalanders In Finland Please Share Your Experiece by Franwin: 7:20am On Sep 21, 2017
Thanks @ Pansophist, your post is quite revealing. But do you have an idea of the minimum pay per hour, a week or month, and the expenses of an average person with low or average spending life style.
Re: Nairalanders In Finland Please Share Your Experiece by popoola01: 3:59pm On Nov 19, 2019
Franwin:
@krezorn, I am still working on it but I have been assured I will get it

Please how far have you gone with the Finland processing or are you there already. Please reply
Re: Nairalanders In Finland Please Share Your Experiece by useed(m): 8:21am On Nov 21, 2019
Please any update on this thread please

(1) (Reply)

Expert Seeks Crude Oil Exchange Solution For Airlines’ Trapped $818.2m Million / Anyone Got A Uk Visa Recently / Cheapest Ticket To London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.