Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,289 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Saraki ’s Arraignment Before CCT ‘ll Die A Natural Death — Braithwaite - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki ’s Arraignment Before CCT ‘ll Die A Natural Death — Braithwaite (871 Views)

Ambode At Funeral Service Of Tunji Braithwaite / Tunji Braithwaite dead / Saraki ’s Arraignment Before CCT ‘ll Die A Natural Death — Braithwai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki ’s Arraignment Before CCT ‘ll Die A Natural Death — Braithwaite by Amustical(m): 8:24pm On Sep 29, 2015
SECOND Republic Politician, Dr. Tunji Braithwaite is not happy over the deep rot in the polity occasioned by mindless graft especially among the leadership class. This was the reason he made eradication of corruption (clearing rats, mosquitoes and cockroaches) the fulcrum of his presidential campaign in 1983 when he ran on the platform of the Nigeria Advance Party (NAP) which he founded. Currently, Braithwaite says President Muhammadu Buhari has not started fighting corruption despite claims to the contrary.
He said the arraignment of Senate President Bukola Saraki before the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) is a misstep that will make Saraki a free man soon in spite of the criminal charges slammed against him. Braithwaite, who has been practising law since 1961, in this interview at his Victoria Island, Lagos home, fears that Nigeria is not completely free of military opportunism and its influence in the polity. Going down memory lane, he disclosed why Chief Obafemi Awolowo and Malam Aminu Kano could form an alliance in 1979 and why he ran against Awolowo in 1983 in spite of their closeness.
By Clifford Ndujihe, Deputy Political Editor
His assessment of  President Muhammadu Buhari administration so far
I spoke on a TV programme where people asked me questions on the latest appointments that he made – chief of staff, secretary to the government of the federation, etc, whether they were not slanted to the North.
Latest appointments I said may be so but I have other insight to the latest appointments because I know Buhari very well and he knows me. I said forget about the northern slant and look at other more significant things. The date of the announcement of those appointments was significant. The announcement was made on August 27, which was the anniversary of the Babangida coup that toppled Buhari in 1985.
I said people should think about that. Why would he make such pivotal announcement on such an anniversary? People should think. We should not take things on face value. So, it is clear to me that, Buhari for the moment, is not thinking about North and South. My analysis is that Buhari is thinking of the military. He wants to do something about the Nigerian military. If you looked at his latest appointments, two of the appointments were his former military colleagues. It shows that Nigeria is not yet out of the woods when it comes to military opportunism and he wants to clear his backyard first.
Much noise, no action against graft
We have heard a lot of noise being made about attacking corruption. What has he done about attacking corruption four months after he was sworn in? The fact that we are having better electricity supply and the refineries are working cannot be what he has done.
His body language, may be. But what we got all this time is military news. To me, he wants to make sure that military opportunists, military looters, who are still very much around in the  control and administration of this country directly or through their proxies are adequately handled.
How many people have been charged for corruption? Nobody. One military fellow, Sambo Dasuki, the former NSA has been taken to a Magistrates’ Court. Put your two and two together if you are a thinker.
What about Senate President Bukola Saraki being taken to the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT?
That is what I am saying. Saraki’s arraignment before the CCT will die a natural death. The charges that I heard read against Saraki were criminal, why take him to the CCT, which is like a bull dog without teeth? The CCT has not got criminal power.
Where should Saraki have been taken to?
He should have been taken to a court with criminal power to send people to jail if found guilty. The CCT cannot jail. You will find that this circus show will die a natural death.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/saraki-s-arraignment-before-cct-ll-die-a-natural-death-braithwaite/

Re: Saraki ’s Arraignment Before CCT ‘ll Die A Natural Death — Braithwaite by sirnature: 8:24pm On Sep 29, 2015
See how he keep neck like camel,bunch of criminals

3 Likes

Re: Saraki ’s Arraignment Before CCT ‘ll Die A Natural Death — Braithwaite by Mogidi: 8:27pm On Sep 29, 2015
You will find that this circus show will die a natural death.

The case is dead as dodo till 2019.

1 Like

Re: Saraki ’s Arraignment Before CCT ‘ll Die A Natural Death — Braithwaite by IamPatriotic(m): 8:30pm On Sep 29, 2015
the case will die naturally once Saraki is removed..I know this assertion won't go down well with his oriental family and friends....what do I really know?

2 Likes

Re: Saraki ’s Arraignment Before CCT ‘ll Die A Natural Death — Braithwaite by oluwafemi113(m): 8:33pm On Sep 29, 2015
Continuing dreaming undecided
Mogidi:

Re: Saraki ’s Arraignment Before CCT ‘ll Die A Natural Death — Braithwaite by sammyj: 8:37pm On Sep 29, 2015
Ok.let us wait and see!!!
Re: Saraki ’s Arraignment Before CCT ‘ll Die A Natural Death — Braithwaite by BALLOSKI: 8:42pm On Sep 29, 2015
He must be thinking we are still in pdp gov't. It will be easier for buhari to make sure that saraki is disgraced than to drink coke. Even if it will cost buhari his aisha, he'll bring saraki down.

1 Like

Re: Saraki ’s Arraignment Before CCT ‘ll Die A Natural Death — Braithwaite by BALLOSKI: 8:43pm On Sep 29, 2015
Mogidi:

mumugidi!
Re: Saraki ’s Arraignment Before CCT ‘ll Die A Natural Death — Braithwaite by temitemi1(m): 8:45pm On Sep 29, 2015
cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Saraki ’s Arraignment Before CCT ‘ll Die A Natural Death — Braithwaite by omowolewa: 9:43pm On Sep 29, 2015
which of the corruption cases involving HNI sees the light of the day.

1 Like

Re: Saraki ’s Arraignment Before CCT ‘ll Die A Natural Death — Braithwaite by ERAKAMUS: 10:24pm On Sep 29, 2015
Cut the bark of tree and leave it.
Re: Saraki ’s Arraignment Before CCT ‘ll Die A Natural Death — Braithwaite by Riodiao(m): 11:00pm On Sep 29, 2015
This man just spoke the real truth but unfortunately some blind apc e rats will come here and masturbate and shout saraki is a goner!
Re: Saraki ’s Arraignment Before CCT ‘ll Die A Natural Death — Braithwaite by Ghandi12: 11:23pm On Sep 29, 2015
Everyone is free to air their opinions but in Baba we trust.

Saraki trial is a litmus test for fight against organized corruption as being championed by Buhari and Nigeria Judiciary. If this trial is bungled without any logical conclusion then every Nigerian would have been given the license to also "do whatever it takes" to blow.

Youth should become more civil-disobedient and stop cooperating or believing any 'propaganda' churned out by Buhari led administration again.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Did You Spend These? / Pics 4rm Northern Governors Meeting 2 Expose & Prosecute Boko Haram Sponsors / Gbajabiamila Says He Wasn't Consulted On Appointment Of C’ttee Chairmen. Thisday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.