Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,424 members, 7,958,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:40 AM

When Life Doesn't Make Sense - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Life Doesn't Make Sense (1520 Views)

When A Woman Doesn't Mind Sharing Her Husband With Other Girls / 12 Images That Will Literally Only Make Sense To Nigerians / 17 Pictures That Will Only Make Sense To People Who Grew Up In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Life Doesn't Make Sense by SSpeter(m): 9:11pm On Sep 29, 2015
Everyone has high hopes, big dreams and a big picture about his/herself. But as every second ticks it seems the dream diminishes nd every minute, the big dream fades away.
I could remember back in high school after topping the community grammar school, my friends nd I thought the world was ours. Because students seldom make 3 credits in the school but my clique broke the jinx I even had a B in maths grin..nd the principal bought gifts for those that made 5 credits nd above. Just four students made 5 credits nd above.
My friends nd I all made it to different top ranking federal universities nd when ever I visit V/island I will feed my eyes with the architecture nd say to myself I will love to to live around here. I studied well made a 2.1 in a professional course nd believed the future is bright. During SIWES I had several firms to pick from nd was paid by several firms...future still looking bright
During NYSC I was posted to teach nd since then, things has been moving southwards. I passed out in july nd have worked in three different firms, that is three firms in three months...the problem is the pay is not the kind of pay that will make you happy. If you earn 100k, you may never make a family trip abroad when you marry. It will be just struggle, struggle nd struggle.
The 100k job is not easy to get. The last time a lady called me from global profilers to negotiate I told her I wanted 150k nd she said you have just B.tech with less than 6months experience? I said yes ma, she said 60k or forget it I said forget it ma.
Every morning I walk sad to work I search all job sites so that I can get a better pay yet ntn to show for it. My dream just keep fading. I had planned to get a car before 25, get married at 28 nd have my own house @ 30 but right now am watching from a distance. I can't even believe I still in ma mama's house after 24....
The truth is I believe things changes with time nd when you get all the experience u get a good pay. Mind you what is the use of money after you are 50? U only enjoy money in your youthful days after that money will only be used to cater for responsibilities. Money is sweet when you are young @ 70 life is no longer amusing....
Now when I pass through V/Island I keep my head low face down carry my little bag nd whistle down the road...It just doesn't make sense anymore

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by ladygudhead(f): 9:15pm On Sep 29, 2015
Life sometimes do its own planning for us guy.undecided

all the same never give up.keep aspiring, u don't knw the next minute.Your Status can change by next week n ur dreams actualized.
Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by SSpeter(m): 9:23pm On Sep 29, 2015
ladygudhead:

all the same never give up.keep aspiring, u don't knw the next minute.Your Status can change by next week n ur dreams actualized.
yeah....you sound just like my mum
Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by Sanmel(f): 9:23pm On Sep 29, 2015
Hmmm... God have mercy

1 Like

Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 29, 2015
Instead of jumping from one company to another, stay in one where you have chances of advancement and prove yourself to be worthy of promotion. Yes, you need work experience. This is how things works in most countries.

4 Likes

Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by SirLegal(m): 9:36pm On Sep 29, 2015
That's the irony of Life bro. It doesn't always go as planned.

If I tell you the aspirations I have for myself ehh, you will marvel.

But am just watching, never to give up. So applies to you. Never give up. Always have a ray of hope that their will be a light at the end of the tunnel.
Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by SSpeter(m): 9:41pm On Sep 29, 2015
Mindfulness:
Instead of jumping from one company to another, stay in one where you have chances of advancement and prove yourself to be worthy of promotion. Yes, you need work experience. This is how things works in most countries.

and when you look at ppl who have worked with the firm for years, nd weigh their achievements, you will intensify your job search
Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by ifyalways(f): 9:46pm On Sep 29, 2015
What are we to do for you Sir?

In this yagayogo Lagos, u got a job offer of 60 K and u walked away , meanwhile u have no uncle/aunty in big places nor concrete job experience . You are a good dreamer too! How many executives built their own houses at age 30 ?

Well, enjoy your dreams and poems on NLD. When reality sets in, ogoro must jump. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by OKUCHI11(m): 10:02pm On Sep 29, 2015
Are u planning to die at 35 or what u want to build ur own Rome within 2 years ...... Well ...before u keep wasting more opportunities just know that UR PREDICAMENT IS SOMEBODY'S PRAYER POINT...... what of those people whom have been at home for longer years than you...... If u want to know what patience is just GO AND VISIT A POLICE BARRACKS THERE U WILL FIND THOSE WHOM ARE ABOUT TO RETIRE YET THEY HAVE NOT COMPLETED THEIR OWN HOUSE......YOU ARE STILL YOUNG 4 DEVIL'S AND GOD'S SAKE......

2 Likes

Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by yomi007k(m): 10:29pm On Sep 29, 2015
2 points I need to clarify.

1. You shud have taken that 60k job.
I know I wud n I wud still be balling.

2. Money is still usefull after the age of 50.
My dad is 71 and he look 60, guess wat makes him younger?
He spends a lot on health care.

Wish u d best mate

3 Likes

Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 29, 2015
SSpeter:
and when you look at ppl who have worked with the firm for years, nd weigh their achievements, you will intensify your job search

Stop looking at other people! Drop this negative attitude and drop that teenager mindset of "we thought the world belonged to us". It doesn't. And things do not always turn out the way we want. If you want to achieve anything in life, you have to work for it and you have to work hard. Complaining all day long won't get you anywhere. Life isn't senseless. If you keep fighting life, it will fight you. So embrace the challenges and GROW!

2 Likes

Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by SSpeter(m): 10:50pm On Sep 29, 2015
ifyalways:
What are we to do for you Sir?

In this yagayogo Lagos, u got a job offer of 60 K and u walked away , meanwhile u have no uncle/aunty in big places nor concrete job experience . You are a good dreamer too! How many executives built their own houses at age 30 ?

Well, enjoy your dreams and poems on NLD. When reality sets in, ogoro must jump. cheesy
when you have a job that pays almost the same thing to what use...I told you I have jumped three places...babe u no go understand...I get work..ooo...
Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by SSpeter(m): 10:52pm On Sep 29, 2015
OKUCHI11:
Are u planning to die at 35 or what u want to build ur own Rome within 2 years ...... Well ...before u keep wasting more opportunities just know that UR PREDICAMENT IS SOMEBODY'S PRAYER POINT...... what of those people whom have been at home for longer years than you...... If u want to know what patience is just GO AND VISIT A POLICE BARRACKS THERE U WILL FIND THOSE WHOM ARE ABOUT TO RETIRE YET THEY HAVE NOT COMPLETED THEIR OWN HOUSE......YOU ARE STILL YOUNG 4 DEVIL'S AND GOD'S SAKE......
my dad retired as a police officer....i saw more than that...I actually grew up @ Alausa police barracks
Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by SSpeter(m): 10:56pm On Sep 29, 2015
yomi007k:

Wish u d best mate
bros I get work ooo of around that same figure naawww, u didn't read my post very well.....is not like I don't have a job...Infact I have an interview on monday
Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by SSpeter(m): 10:57pm On Sep 29, 2015
The thing is, seemingly no nobody understands me... embarassed embarassed
Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 29, 2015
SSpeter:

The thing is everyone understands you because you have the sort of mentality people have when they are 17. Sorry for being so harsh but your attitude is a bit annoying.

2 Likes

Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by SSpeter(m): 10:59pm On Sep 29, 2015
yomi007k:

Wish u d best mate
I guess our world is different...so is our path
Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by yomi007k(m): 11:03pm On Sep 29, 2015
SSpeter:
bros I get work ooo of around that same figure naawww, u didn't read my post very well.....is not like I don't have a job...Infact I have an interview on monday
My bad.

Since u have a job, that's cool.Things can be slow sometimes. Life is not easy for anybody.

Find a way to stay stronger-focus on d positives.
Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by SSpeter(m): 11:26pm On Sep 29, 2015
Mindfulness:

The thing is everyone understands you because you have the sort of mentality people have when they are 17. Sorry for being so harsh but your attitude is a bit annoying.
...I understand you perfectly, your opinion. But let me ask you, what is the mentality of people when they are 30?
Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 30, 2015
SSpeter:
Everybody understands you. . But the reality is that Nigeria is hard and unemployment is on the high side..
You passed out of NYSC in July, have a job and you're frustrated?
What about those that passed out years ago but still unemployed?
Were you expecting to have a job that pays you millions immediately after NYSC?
You have a 2-1, millions of other people have 2-1s and first class, some with foreign masters and PHD.. so your 2-1 isn't a yardstick that you should have a mega job immediately after NYSC...

I like your aspirations but you should learn to face reality please, what's the unemployment rate in Nigeria? You also know the state of our economy now... You don't have any oga at the top or years of experience and you were expecting to land a mega job immediately after nysc. . Yea, some people landed a good job immediately after nysc but it shouldn't be something that should keep you frustrated if you don't... You're even lucky to have gotten a job immediately after service, then even changing jobs...

Also, had it been you had a good business of your own, it would have been better. . You're building your dreams around people and expecting to have a car at 25, marry at 28, have your house @30 etc.. it's good to aspire when you've your own game going for you and not when you're hoping on people (employers)... You're even lucky you're still a bit young. .. You don't have dependents also..

Just manage what you're being paid for now while still working hard and improving yourself.. Then keep applying for your dream jobs, you'll conquer someday. .
It will be nice if you can hv other source(s) of income, you mustn't wait for employers because it isn't compulsory they'll give you jobs. .. if you have a lofty dream, you should have a lofty plan too undecided

All the best..... smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by jashar(f): 9:27am On Sep 30, 2015
@ OP, be thankful you have a job. Take one step at a time, no need to rush....

2 Likes

Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by GodnGold: 9:36am On Sep 30, 2015
Guy,when next you get that 60k job,pm me abeg.my younger brother has a B.tech in industrial chemistry.Pls pm me.He needs it baddestly. Thanks in advance. ;DGuy,when next you get that 60k job,pm me abeg.my younger brother has a B.tech in industrial chemistry.Pls pm me.He needs it baddestly. Thanks in advance.
Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by Pidggin(f): 9:52am On Sep 30, 2015
@OP, so besides pitying yourself you don't see anything worth being grateful for?You've got to be kidding me

You seem a bit silly for leaving that 60k job, don't let over ambition kill you before your time

Take each day as it comes.

1 Like

Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by 9iceX(m): 9:55am On Sep 30, 2015
ladygudhead:

Absolutely.. Then it's left for us to nourish the plans to make it manifest
Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by Cee9(m): 10:01am On Sep 30, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Everybody understands you. . But the reality is that Nigeria is hard and unemployment is on the high side..
You have a 2-1, millions of other people have 2-1s and first class, some with foreign masters and PHD.. so your 2-1 isn't a yardstick that you should have a mega job immediately after NYSC...

I like your aspirations but you should learn to face reality please, what's the unemployment rate in Nigeria? You also know the state of our economy now... You don't have any oga at the top or years of experience and you were expecting to land a mega job immediately after nysc. . Yea, some people landed a good job immediately after nysc but it shouldn't be something that should keep you frustrated if you don't... You're even lucky to have gotten a job immediately after service, then even changing jobs...

Also, had it been you had a good business of your own, it would have been better. . You're building your dreams around people and expecting to have a car at 25, marry at 28, have your house @30 etc.. it's good to aspire when you've your own game going for you and not when you're hoping on people (employers)... You're even lucky you're still a bit young. .. You don't have dependents also..

Just manage what you're being paid for now while still working hard and improving yourself.. Then keep applying for your dream jobs, you'll conquer someday. .
It will be nice if you can hv other source(s) of income, you mustn't wait for employers because it isn't compulsory they'll give you jobs. .. if you have a lofty dream, you should have a lofty plan too undecided

All the best..... smiley
@op this the best advice for you..
Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by Cee9(m): 10:01am On Sep 30, 2015
MarvellousGod:

All the best..... smiley
@op this is the best advice for you..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by ladygudhead(f): 10:29am On Sep 30, 2015
9iceX:

Absolutely.. Then it's left for us to nourish the plans to make it manifest
yep.
Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by SSpeter(m): 2:30pm On Sep 30, 2015
GodnGold:
Guy,when next you get that 60k job,pm me abeg.my younger brother has a B.tech in industrial chemistry.Pls pm me.He needs it baddestly. Thanks in advance. ;DGuy,when next you get that 60k job,pm me abeg.my younger brother has a B.tech in industrial chemistry.Pls pm me.He needs it baddestly. Thanks in advance.
if you know anyone that studied architecture, made 2.1, proficient with the use of the latest version of AutoCAD 2D, Revit 3D, sktech up, 3D max, has at least 1year in site supervision, can draft project schedule, work programme and good knowledge in architectural detailing,certified in project management and wants a 60k job pls PM me ASAP cos I may soon leave my present place of work (Lagos Island)
Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by SSpeter(m): 2:53pm On Sep 30, 2015
MarvellousGod:

All the best..... smiley
well said...let me analyse a bit. After tax I get 62k, I spend 17percent on transport, aprrox 31percent on lunch, 11percent on toiletries/laundry, 11.5percent church activities,10percent random/ miscellaneous / unaccounted for....savings plus or minus 13000..with this baby when I fit think of asking for your hand in marriage.........smh....
Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by ifegy: 7:36pm On Sep 30, 2015
SSpeter:
well said...let me analyse a bit. After tax I get 62k, I spend 17percent on transport, aprrox 31percent on lunch, 11percent on toiletries/laundry, 11.5percent church activities,10percent random/ miscellaneous / unaccounted for....savings plus or minus 13000..with this baby when I fit think of asking for your hand in marriage.........smh....

Reduce expenditures. If you keep the same spending ratios when you have more money, you'll still end up throwing away money
Make and take lunch, instead of buying. Google is your friend, for workable ideas on this.
Do your own laundry
Natural, local toiletries are probably cheaper, and way healthier, than processed, packaged stuff. Dudu Osun is great for hair and skin. Google, google, google for more on that angle.
Track down, account for and cut back on the unaccounted for.

2 Likes

Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by Haywhymido(m): 10:10pm On Sep 30, 2015
ifegy:

Reduce expenditures. If you keep the same spending ratios when you have more money, you'll still end up throwing away money
Make and take lunch, instead of buying. Google is your friend, for workable ideas on this.
Do your own laundry
Natural, local toiletries are probably cheaper, and way healthier, than processed, packaged stuff. Dudu Osun is great for hair and skin. Google, google, google for more on that angle.
Track down, account for and cut back on the unaccounted for.

People of like mind. @topic, am unconcerned, to each is own. But wait, let the truth be told,u r running a race u may not be able to finish if u continue like dis, with d way u think. One step at a time bro. Did ur doctor tell u, u wont live long ni or wetin When last did ur smile, appreciate urself, ur God 4 wot u av. It is gud to aspire for gud things, but dont overdo it.It is on top dis NL, dat sumone said he had been looking 4 job 4 six years with no fruition,at last he resort to teaching in a sch. Now compare dat man's salary to ur own.U r fu*king with life, i pray life wont fu*k back at u, cos if such happens, i pity u.
Re: When Life Doesn't Make Sense by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 30, 2015
Mehn those days were horrible I was so depressed I smoked and drank alot. Truth I everyone starts somewhere 60k beats no k. Was doing freelance 50k money is not your priority now its establishing your name.

(1) (Reply)

HUSBAND SCARCITY SYNDROME!!!! Why Some Ladies Will Remain Unmarried!! / Pls, Help a brother in search of answers concerning GRAIL Society / Should I Stop Helping People: I Need Logical Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.