Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,308 members, 7,853,422 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:20 PM

A Father rejects son's Corpse - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Father rejects son's Corpse (784 Views)

Husband Forced To Marry Wife’s Corpse In Ebonyi / Pastor Marries Corpse Of Church Member He Impregnated In Akwa Ibom / I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Father rejects son's Corpse by komzygirl(f): 12:15pm On Apr 19, 2009
This my friend died in a road accident on his way from the state he is working to his home land for his wedding. This heppened a week to his wedding. The familiy was so devasteted that they said the guys company should handle the burial and should not communicate where the  corpse will be buried to the family. Is this right?
Re: A Father rejects son's Corpse by Iranoladun(f): 5:01pm On Apr 19, 2009
Did this happen in Nigeria? What tribe are the parents? Is your friend on an official assignment when the accident happen?
Re: A Father rejects son's Corpse by spikedcylinder: 6:05pm On Apr 19, 2009
Maybe the family don't have money? These burial rites can be very expensive in some cultures. . . .
Re: A Father rejects son's Corpse by Outstrip(f): 7:27pm On Apr 19, 2009
No excuse whatsoever. I don't care what the culture is or what it will cost. Na wa oh. Did their child kill someone?
Re: A Father rejects son's Corpse by plappville(f): 7:28pm On Apr 19, 2009
Iranoladun:

Did this happen in Nigeria? What tribe are the parents? Is your friend on an official assignment when the accident happen?

good question, i wont say a word until the poster answer ur question.
Re: A Father rejects son's Corpse by iice(f): 7:34am On Apr 20, 2009
Sad
Re: A Father rejects son's Corpse by romsky: 11:58am On Apr 20, 2009
cant imagine wat the young bride is going thru with all this non burial
Re: A Father rejects son's Corpse by Ilelobola: 2:24pm On Apr 20, 2009
When my cousin died in boarding school, his parents asked the school to bury him and they don't know where he was buried. Apparently according to Yoruba custom, parents shouldn't know where their children are buried. Personally, I think someone in the family- not necessarily the parents- should at least know where he's buried.

May his soul RIP and God strenghten all that are grieving his death.
Re: A Father rejects son's Corpse by komzygirl(f): 11:06pm On Apr 20, 2009
This happened in Nigeria, they re from warri, it was not on an official assignment. he leave was suppose to start 2 days later. He wanted to rush down and organise some things and it was on a sunday. The accident happened in Benin.
Re: A Father rejects son's Corpse by Iranoladun(f): 11:52pm On Apr 20, 2009
It is not right for the father to reject the corpse. Although, I'd advise the company to report the matter to the Police under the West native law & custom most parent see it as an abomination to partake in the burial of their children or to know the tomb. The company should endeavour to get Police report coroner report stating cause of death and death certificate; they should also try to persuade the parent to send a family representative who will handle the burial. The company only needs to pay the guy's entitlement, facilitate payment of his life insurance and pension entitlement to his legal representative. If the company has a union or HR policy they should try to comply with the spirit & letter of the provisions.
Re: A Father rejects son's Corpse by sosisi(f): 2:31am On Apr 21, 2009
Ilelobola:

When my cousin died in boarding school, his parents asked the school to bury him and they don't know where he was buried. Apparently according to Yoruba custom, parents shouldn't know where their children are buried. Personally, I think someone in the family- not necessarily the parents- should at least know where he's buried.

May his soul RIP and God strenghten all that are grieving his death.

Really?
[s]so if Tpia dies now for example ,they'll just throw her carcass into the bush[/s]
Or dash her out to UBTH anatomy lab
Re: A Father rejects son's Corpse by Outstrip(f): 3:09am On Apr 21, 2009
Iranoladun:

It is not right for the father to reject the corpse. Although, I'd advise the company to report the matter to the Police under the West native law & custom most parent see it as an abomination to partake in the burial of their children or to know the tomb. The company should endeavour to get Police report coroner report stating cause of death and death certificate; they should also try to persuade the parent to send a family representative who will handle the burial. The company only needs to pay the guy's entitlement, facilitate payment of his life insurance and pension entitlement to his legal representative. If the company has a union or HR policy they should try to comply with the spirit & letter of the provisions.

I am wondering if the same culture that says that parents should not bury their children will allow them accept the money from a life insurance policy. Mscheeeeeeeeeeeeew

(1) (Reply)

Should I Wait For Him? / Hurrah! The Palms Kids Club Is Here; remember SHOPRITE / How Safe Is Your Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.