Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,419 members, 7,861,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:58 AM

Buhari As Petroleum Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari As Petroleum Minister (365 Views)

Obasanjo Swearing In Buhari As Petroleum Minister In 1976 (Throwback Photo) / Mc Tagwaye Shakes President Buhari, As DSS Reacts (Photos, Video) / Buhari Inaugurated By Obasanjo As Petroleum Minister In 1976 (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari As Petroleum Minister by joshuamoses101(m): 2:17pm On Sep 30, 2015
Making himself the Petroleum Minister is in conflict of the 1999 constitution. Government shouldn't be govern with mere idea but constitutionally. The President I think have breached the rule of law and should be looked into. If the president does not trust the big belle politician, what happens to people like us, who have a clean records and have not served in any government establishment. I dey forbid ministerial position, abi nor be the APC I dey?. Maybe I'm interpreting the section wrongly, but I think this very clear.
Section 138 of the 1999 constitution said " 138. The President shall not, during his tenure of office, hold any other executive office or paid employment in any capacity whatsoever.
My President, pls withdraw that position and give it to me or someone else...just saying my mind

(1) (Reply)

Election Tribunal Nullifies Election Of PDP Senator Marafa Of Taraba Cent / A Note Of Advice To Nigeria Police / Unruly Citizens Or Unruly Government?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.