Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Writers Needed For A Collaborative Project. - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / Writers Needed For A Collaborative Project. (1420 Views)

Good Article Writers Needed / 15 Good Writers Needed Now / Writers Needed Within All States Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Writers Needed For A Collaborative Project. by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 01, 2015
Hello Nairalanders,

I am an author working on a story which is very complex and involves a lot of elements and dimensions. As a "free minded" writer, I am looking for young writers like me (18-25) to collaborate with in making this project a very good one.
If you are creative and you put your passion for writing before any side attraction/distraction, you are welcome. Any interested person should simply comment here.
Looking forward to your replies smiley

[/i]Fine writers should split hairs together, and sit side by side, like friendly apes, to pick the fleas from each other's fur.[i] -Logan Pearsall Smith
Re: Writers Needed For A Collaborative Project. by sidophilic: 10:20am On Oct 01, 2015
I am very much interested
Re: Writers Needed For A Collaborative Project. by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 01, 2015
sidophilic:
I am very much interested

Send me your email address
Re: Writers Needed For A Collaborative Project. by sidophilic: 11:36am On Oct 01, 2015
56944FA5
Re: Writers Needed For A Collaborative Project. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 01, 2015
Please email me a bit of your work first. Olaoluolowo@yahoo.com
Re: Writers Needed For A Collaborative Project. by D9ty7(m): 9:49am On Oct 02, 2015
Just two(2) questions; - Will the story be here or Nairaland or where? - What's your project about?
Re: Writers Needed For A Collaborative Project. by tyrekk(m): 10:43am On Oct 02, 2015
In case you need a writer about 10 yrs older you can contact me.

1 Like

Re: Writers Needed For A Collaborative Project. by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 02, 2015
I'm up
Re: Writers Needed For A Collaborative Project. by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 02, 2015
D9ty7:
Just two(2) questions;
- Will the story be here or Nairaland or where?
- What's your project about?

-The story won't be on Nairaland...except maybe its summaries and reviews.
-The project is a novel series (like what "harry potter" and "game of thrones" are)
Re: Writers Needed For A Collaborative Project. by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 02, 2015
tyrekk:
In case you need a writer about 10 yrs older you can contact me.

A more mature mind wont be unhealthy for this kind of project. smiley

The only question is if you are into science fiction and fantasy
Re: Writers Needed For A Collaborative Project. by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 02, 2015
NeoVictory:
I'm up

How do I contact you?
Re: Writers Needed For A Collaborative Project. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 02, 2015
Laolu09:

Just started fresh. I'm still working on the characters and the ordinary world of the story....But I can write up a bit of what the very first chapter will be...just for you.
Re: Writers Needed For A Collaborative Project. by rapmike(m): 11:50pm On Oct 02, 2015
I am interested but there are a few questions

1. Why do you need writers from exactly that age bracket? Are you saying that people from age 26-29 cannot contribute to such a book?
2. What genre are we looking at here? Is it a crime series like Shelock Holmes or fantasy like Harry Potter?
3. In as much as I understand that you are just starting, how long is this project suppose to last? Some months, a year or when?
4. How many writers do you need to complete this project?

That's all for now
P.S: am 27 years.
Re: Writers Needed For A Collaborative Project. by Nobody: 12:17am On Oct 03, 2015
rapmike:
I am interested but there are a few questions

1. Why do you need writers from exactly that age bracket? Are you saying that people from age 26-29 cannot contribute to such a book?
2. What genre are we looking at here? Is it a crime series like Shelock Holmes or fantasy like Harry Potter?
3. In as much as I understand that you are just starting, how long is this project suppose to last? Some months, a year or when?
4. How many writers do you need to complete this project?

That's all for now
P.S: am 27 years.
First of all, I stand corrected when i say 18-25 is the only age group that is the most appropriate for this project.

1.I think that is the age group that is very well involved in the genre(s) im working with. But if you're older and you are good with science fiction and fantasy-alternative world stories, you're welcome.

2.speaking of the genre, look at "star wars ", "Harry potter", "Naruto", "final fantasy" and some elements of the stories of ancient African gods, myths and legends and you have an idea of what I want the story to look like.

3.I am targeting a series of 10 novels of the same story... just like harry potter which has seven novels or star wars which has 6 episodes .

4. Im looking at 5 writers. But i don't think 7 writers are too many. Nothing more than seven tho.
Re: Writers Needed For A Collaborative Project. by rapmike(m): 9:39am On Oct 03, 2015
idbusah:

First of all, I stand to be corrected when i say 18-25 is the only age group that is the most appropriate for this project.

1.I think that is the age group that is very well involved in the genre(s) im working with. But if you're older and you are good with science fiction and fantasy-alternative world stories, you're welcome. OKAY THATS BETTER

2.speaking of the genre, look at "star wars ", "Harry potter", "Naruto", "final fantasy" and some elements of the stories of ancient African gods, myths and legends and you have an idea of what I want the story to look like. FANTASY

3.I am targeting a series of 10 novels of the same story... just like harry potter which has seven novels or star wars which has 6 episodes . THAT MAY BE YEARS.... STILL COOL ANYWAY

4. Im looking at 5 writers. But i don't think 7 writers are too many. Nothing more than seven tho.
Re: Writers Needed For A Collaborative Project. by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 04, 2015
Have you read Wildcards by George Martin. It was a collection of characters and stories from different writers working with him all writing in the same superhero setting and crossing paths with each other. I hope this Helps.

NEO
Re: Writers Needed For A Collaborative Project. by Nobody: 1:43am On Oct 05, 2015
NeoVictory:
Have you read Wildcards by George Martin. It was a collection of characters and stories from different writers working with him all writing in the same superhero setting and crossing paths with each other. I hope this Helps.

NEO

I'll check it out. Thank you
Re: Writers Needed For A Collaborative Project. by rapmike(m): 9:19am On Oct 05, 2015
idbusah:

I'll check it out. Thank you
How far? If the number of writers you need is not complete, add me in.
Re: Writers Needed For A Collaborative Project. by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 05, 2015
rapmike:

Ok. I'll send you an email.
Re: Writers Needed For A Collaborative Project. by tyrekk(m): 10:06am On Oct 05, 2015
idbusah:

A more mature mind wont be unhealthy for this kind of project. smiley

The only question is if you are into science fiction and fantasy

i basically write dark fantasy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Writers Needed For A Collaborative Project. by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 05, 2015
tyrekk:

Cool! I'll give you utmost consideration then.
Re: Writers Needed For A Collaborative Project. by desmondDessi(m): 9:43pm On Oct 05, 2015
Fantasy yeap...am in
Re: Writers Needed For A Collaborative Project. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 06, 2015
idbusah:

Just started fresh. I'm still working on the characters and the ordinary world of the story....But I can write up a bit of what the very first chapter will be...just for you.

Thanks.
Re: Writers Needed For A Collaborative Project. by Nobody: 3:33am On Oct 11, 2015
tyrekk:

rapmike:

Laolu09:
sidophilic:
56944FA5

Hey everyone. It seems the email containing my primary draft has been failing to send. I apologize for the delay. This is half of the first chapter (just to give an idea of what the story is about):

***Chapter 1: the prophecy

Sage Maya sat with her legs crossed in her very spacious and fairly lit office.Her middle aged and dolled up face frowned as she looked down the panoramic view from where she sat and nursed her bandaged left hand.In her view were flying cars on the route to residential areas,other skyscrapers with few lit offices and digital billboards displaying adverts for products ranging from smart communicators to snacks.Her eyes filled up more the longer she looked and it seemed she could tear up at amy moment.She seemed to see and notice everything in her view as her eyes browsed the city in her presence- The Ash city which was the military base of Ilunna: the nation whose military she led. But All she seemed to notice was the large digital town clock just below the Flame Sage Mountain where gigantic statues of her two predecessors and of course,herself stood tall and seemed as if they were watching over the country.The clock read "23:54" as she stared at it and let out a deep sigh- still maintaining the frown on her face. In this moment, she began rubbing her bandaged hand more rapidly and she was about to bite the well polished nail on her right thumb when the large automatic fibre twin doors to her office, which she was backing, slid open to reveal the people on the other side- the two guards stationed at her office door, each of of them standing on either side of the door frame and three other people between them:two bald dark-skinned,tall and well built men who wore cotton shrouds wrapped around their torso and knotted on their left shoulders and white ankle-length chinos trousers. They were barefoot and had white chalk-like markings on their faces,arms and chests. They also wore identical necklaces made of leather ropes and a tiger canine as pendant. The two men were led into the office by a tall,skinny albino woman. She was also bald and had chalk-like markings on her head. She had potruding cheekbones and a long neck and Her body frame was well hidden in a loose dark-blue gown. As the three people approached Sage Maya's desk, she turned her head swiftly. Her eyes brightened and her mouth gaped as she saw the figures approaching her. It seemed she had been expecting these people forever. She immediately stood up and touched one of the buttons on her desk and suddenly the office was fully lit to reveal all it's contents. The office was a symbol of nobility and authority;Sage Maya's seat was big- more like a throne and was covered in velvet with floral prints. Her desk was also large and made of well polished timber and its pedestals had beautiful carvings on them. The top of the desk was covered with a touchscreen tempered glass with three soft touch buttons on the edge where she was sitting by: a power button,a 'bulblight' button and a phone button. On the other side of the desk were two smaller seats covered with black leather. The whole office floor was covred with a red rug and carnation prints all over it. And on the large red wall to Sage Maya's right was a large engravement of Ilunna's coat of arms and just below it stood a shelve with objects such as swords, shields and helments kept in it.
"Akira. Tell me you have it." Sage Maya said with a sharp tone as she walked towards Akira and her companions.
Akira, the albino woman is a well respected witch from Ajiria:The estranged land of sorcery and she had been hired by Sage Maya three weeks back to retrieve The orb: an object highly rumored to contain a prophecy which is said to have provided the events that will lead to the restoration of the world to normalcy and balance.
Akira did not answer Sage Maya's question as she and her companions walked closer towards the center of the office. Sage Maya also walked closer to them and both parties met exactly at the center of the office.
"greetings to you my noble sage" Akira said in a polite tone as she and her companions bowed before Sage Maya in a synchronised manner.
"Tell me you were able to do what I paid you for" Sage Maya said in a louder tone ignoring Akira's show of respect.
"Well, we both agreed I show up here before midnight today and here I am"
"We both agreed you show up WITH THE ORB before midnight today" Sage maya stressed, wearing a straight face this time around.
"very well." Akira said with a half smile "I have retrieved that which you sent for". She raised her left hand to the chest level of the companion on her left in a manner which stipulates that she wanted sommething placed on her palm by him.
The companion reached into his shroud and brought out a black cotton cloth which was wrapped around an object and secured with white twine. He then untwined the small cloth before placing it on Akira's palm. She moved her hand away from the companion's chest and stretched it towards her front where sage Maya was standing quite startled at the moment. "see for yourself" she said confidently as she raised her hand to Sage maya's face level.
Sage Maya raised her slightly shaky hands slowly and began to unwrap the cloth with extreme anticipation written all over her face. Her eyes widened as she finally unwrapped the cloth to reveal what it concealed- the orb.It was the size of a baseball and was made of very thick glass and on top of it was a silver cone shaped lid. A dark cloud of smoke floated inside it. She picked it from Akira's palm and looked at it closely with her widened eyes.
"this is it" she said, not taking her eyes away from it "This is the prophecy"***

I'm really looking forward to your remarks.
Re: Writers Needed For A Collaborative Project. by Nobody: 3:38am On Oct 11, 2015
desmondDessi:
Fantasy yeap...am in
Re: Writers Needed For A Collaborative Project. by joeysunrise(m): 8:03pm On Oct 12, 2015
Discover truth! Read White or Black? here at
www.obisesanpelumi..com

(1) (Reply)

I Need Article Rewriters For An Ongoing Project. / Crystal Words (uk) Require Short Stories From Nigerian Authors / Needed, Contributors and photographers For A New Magazine, U Interested? Holla !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.