Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

How To Know If A Spirit, Voice Or Visitation Is From God Or Satan (discernment) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Know If A Spirit, Voice Or Visitation Is From God Or Satan (discernment) (2178 Views)

Pastor Adeboye At 76, Human or a spirit? - Sunnewsonline / Help!! I Have A Spirit/Marine Wife. I Need Deliverance / Prophet Joshua Iginla: "Nnamdi Kanu Has A Spirit In Him, Dialogue With Him Now" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Know If A Spirit, Voice Or Visitation Is From God Or Satan (discernment) by reedmund(f): 12:56pm On Oct 01, 2015
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. (1JOHN 4:1)

The Lord's been training me on discernment for many years since the moment He told me He'd use me. I have seen angels in my dreams. I have also seen elders in my dream and I must say i have had some angelic visitations in human form and one thing the Lord has been 'hammering on' is that I MUST LEARN DISCERNMENT. It is one of the greatest weapons we'd be needing in this end time because there will be many deceiving revelations and visions of heaven and hell. Satan will disguise as an angel of light, pretending to be Jesus and will appear to deceive many by the religious spirit. The religious demon will lead many to hell. These demons will convince people that the blood of Jesus and the CROSS is not enough for them, that they must do some extra work on themselves to be saved. Whereas the scripture clearly warns that by strength shall no man prevail and it cannot be by power nor might but by the spirit of God (Holy Spirit - Spirit of Holiness). I have learned so much about discernment by experiences and I have seen that I must learn to separate the Holy from the Profane. Just because a bright light appears doesn't mean it is Jesus' visit. We must learn to discern before surrendering to any spiritual visitation. Sandy Warner, the Apostolic Movement International and many other ministers have been of tremendous help to me in this journey.

Here is a link to understand if a spirit is from God or Satan:
http://www.thequickenedword.info/classes/HowGodSpeaks/Discernment/IdentifyingChristianWitchcraft.htm

Here is a link to a LESSON ON DISCERNMENT
http://www.thequickenedword.com/rhema/discern.html
Re: How To Know If A Spirit, Voice Or Visitation Is From God Or Satan (discernment) by misreal(m): 1:15pm On Oct 01, 2015
reedmund:
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. (1JOHN 4:1)

The Lord's been training me on discernment for many years since the moment He told me He'd use me. I have seen angels in my dreams. I have also seen elders in my dream and I must say i have had some angelic visitations in human form and one thing the Lord has been 'hammering on' is that I MUST LEARN DISCERNMENT. It is one of the greatest weapons we'd be needing in this end time because there will be many deceiving revelations and visions of heaven and hell. Satan will disguise as an angel of light, pretending to be Jesus and will appear to deceive many by the religious spirit. The religious demon will lead many to hell. These demons will convince people that the blood of Jesus and the CROSS is not enough for them, that they must do some extra work on themselves to be saved. Whereas the scripture clearly warns that by strength shall no man prevail and it cannot be by power nor might but by the spirit of God (Holy Spirit - Spirit of Holiness). I have learned so much about discernment by experiences and I have seen that I must learn to separate the Holy from the Profane. Just because a bright light appears doesn't mean it is Jesus' visit. We must learn to discern before surrendering to any spiritual visitation. Sandy Warner, the Apostolic Movement International and many other ministers have been of tremendous help to me in this journey.

Here is a link to understand if a spirit is from God or Satan:
http://www.thequickenedword.info/classes/HowGodSpeaks/Discernment/IdentifyingChristianWitchcraft.htm

Here is a link to a LESSON ON DISCERNMENT
http://www.thequickenedword.com/rhema/discern.html
you again. You can never teach a person to discern demons. Only depths of prayers can. And what if the visitations you had where not from God? Or maybe you think you can't be deceived. More over, discernment is a gift of the spirit.
Re: How To Know If A Spirit, Voice Or Visitation Is From God Or Satan (discernment) by reedmund(f): 1:26pm On Oct 01, 2015
misreal:
you again. You can never teach a person to discern demons. Only depths of prayers can. And what if the visitations you had where not from God? Or maybe you think you can't be deceived. More over, discernment is a gift of the spirit.

Hey, I never said ALL my visitations are from God neither did I receive any doctrines and that is why I am talking about discernment here. I mean I have seen dreams that appeared to be a dream of instruction but when weighed by the word of God, they are not the right instructions. So, who are you to say "You again?". You sound offensive. The call is for CHRISTIANS to NOT believe EVERY SPIRIT because not all spirits are from God. Even the greatest born again Christian can be deceived. And YES you can discern a demonic spirit.
Re: How To Know If A Spirit, Voice Or Visitation Is From God Or Satan (discernment) by reedmund(f): 1:28pm On Oct 01, 2015
misreal:

Hey, I never said ALL my visitations are from God neither did I receive any doctrines and that is why I am talking about discernment here. I mean I have seen dreams that appeared to be a dream of instruction but when weighed by the word of God, they are not the right instructions. So, who are you to say "You again?". You sound offensive. The call is for CHRISTIANS to NOT believe EVERY SPIRIT because not all spirits are from God. Even the greatest born again Christian can be deceived. And YES you can discern spirits.

1 Like

Re: How To Know If A Spirit, Voice Or Visitation Is From God Or Satan (discernment) by misreal(m): 1:32pm On Oct 01, 2015
reedmund:

Hey, I never said ALL my visitations are from God neither did I receive any doctrines and that is why I am talking about discernment here. I mean I have seen dreams that appeared to be a dream of instruction but when weighed by the word of God, they are not the right instructions. So, who are you to say "You again?". You sound offensive. The call is for CHRISTIANS to NOT believe EVERY SPIRIT because not all spirits are from God. Even the greatest born again Christian can be deceived. And YES you can discern a demonic spirit.
now you are talking right, which is good..many preachers has been deceived...what if you didn't know enough of the Bible to base your revelations on.
Re: How To Know If A Spirit, Voice Or Visitation Is From God Or Satan (discernment) by tartar9(m): 1:35pm On Oct 01, 2015
only if your 'apostle' paul knew
Re: How To Know If A Spirit, Voice Or Visitation Is From God Or Satan (discernment) by reedmund(f): 1:35pm On Oct 01, 2015
misreal:

I perceive these from your words - "You are typing faster than you read and you are speaking faster than you listen"...
Re: How To Know If A Spirit, Voice Or Visitation Is From God Or Satan (discernment) by misreal(m): 1:39pm On Oct 01, 2015
reedmund:

I perceive these from your words - "You are typing faster than you read and you are speaking faster than you listen"...
if you perceived it by decernment. Then you need prayers.
Re: How To Know If A Spirit, Voice Or Visitation Is From God Or Satan (discernment) by reedmund(f): 1:40pm On Oct 01, 2015
misreal:
now you are talking right, which is good..many preachers has been deceived...what if you didn't know enough of the Bible to base your revelations on.

This is why God hardly reveals Himself to immature Christians. If a new believer says, "Hey, I have visited heaven and received a message"... Every word this person says must not be accepted as FULL TRUTH. Because this person has not studied enough to BE APPROVED of God neither can this person rightly divide the word of truth.
Re: How To Know If A Spirit, Voice Or Visitation Is From God Or Satan (discernment) by misreal(m): 1:44pm On Oct 01, 2015
reedmund:

This is why God hardly reveals Himself to immature Christians. If a new believer says, "Hey, I have visited heaven and received a message"... Every word this person says must not be accepted as FULL TRUTH. Because this person has not studied enough to BE APPROVED of God neither can this person rightly divide the word of truth.
one thing I love about God is that he uses vessels that seems inappropriate to man. If God could speak through a donkey then God can speak through anybody. After all the perceived big men of God today are misrepresenting him. Never let your human judgement to undermine God's potential S. Or do you think if he chooses to show a two-year old heaven, he Is foolish?
Re: How To Know If A Spirit, Voice Or Visitation Is From God Or Satan (discernment) by reedmund(f): 1:52pm On Oct 01, 2015
misreal:
if you perceived it by decernment. Then you need prayers.
Wow! I don't see much wisdom in your approach. I believe we should act as educated people. I said "I perceive from your words". I didn't say i prayed about you or discerned. After all, you can tell what a person is thinking from their words. After all, out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. You didn't even check out the links I shared before replying here. That was why I said "You are typing faster than you read..." Your interest is to reply. One thing you must know is this, a spiritually mature Christian doesn't need to pray before discerning. There is something called Spiritual Sensitivity. This is what we call discernment. The Scripture says to test spirits... It didn't say to pray about spirits. You must test them, just like you test a dress sewn by a tailor before accepting it. I hope you understand. The question is this "How do you test them?". Answers are in the links i shared.
Re: How To Know If A Spirit, Voice Or Visitation Is From God Or Satan (discernment) by misreal(m): 1:59pm On Oct 01, 2015
reedmund:

Wow! I don't see much wisdom in your approach. I believe we should act as educated people. I said "I perceive from your words". I didn't say i prayed about you or discerned. After all, you can tell what a person is thinking from their words. After all, out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. You didn't even check out the links I shared before replying here. That was why I said "You are typing faster than you read..." Your interest is to reply. One thing you must know is this, a spiritually mature Christian doesn't need to pray before discerning. There is something called Spiritual Sensitivity. This is what we call discernment. The Scripture says to test spirits... It didn't say to pray about spirits. You must test them, just like you test a dress sewn by a tailor before accepting it. I hope you understand. The question is this "How do you test them?". Answers are in the links i shared.
sorry I mearnt you need deliverance..no wahala, I have never seen argument solving problems so I won't argue anymore.. If you like go to church without covering your head. You will have who to blame for disobeying a heavy spiritual principle. I guess you think that scripture was not written for you. Lol..please i am waiting for you to label me a spiritual babe. Lol. Hahahaahah
Re: How To Know If A Spirit, Voice Or Visitation Is From God Or Satan (discernment) by reedmund(f): 2:05pm On Oct 01, 2015
misreal:
one thing I love about God is that he uses vessels that seems inappropriate to man. If God could speak through a donkey then God can speak through anybody. After all the perceived big men of God today are misrepresenting him. Never let your human judgement to undermine God's potential S. Or do you think if he chooses to show a two-year old heaven, he Is foolish?

I never said God cannot use a 2-year-old. He did use Samuel. I am sure Samuel was already spiritually groomed considering that He was already spending much time in the Lord's house back then. Which is not really a criteria today because God no longer dwells in houses but in us (We are His temple). This brings me to the area of Elders. Samuel was young but Eli had grey hair. This implies that a true elder is one who has his senses exercised to discern between good and evil, which I believe Eli was gifted in. Eli was able to discern that it was the Lord speaking but Samuel didn't know initially. God needed to pass His message across. He was willing to break protocols to do so. If God must send forth an urgent message and He finds no one to use, He is willing to use a child or a donkey. At least, that would get people's attention. Yet, if you read the scriptures well, you'd see that strong meat belongs to those who have been trained by it.

See Hebrews 5:14
Strong meat belongs to those that are of FULL AGE, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Why did Jesus learn for 29 years before his ministry began at 30?
Re: How To Know If A Spirit, Voice Or Visitation Is From God Or Satan (discernment) by reedmund(f): 2:12pm On Oct 01, 2015
misreal:
sorry I mearnt you need deliverance..no wahala, I have never seen argument solving problems so I won't argue anymore.. If you like go to church without covering your head. You will have who to blame for disobeying a heavy spiritual principle. I guess you think that scripture was not written for you. Lol..please i am waiting for you to label me a spiritual babe. Lol. Hahahaahah

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." GALATIANS 5:22-23

This is the heavy spiritual principle, not head covering. Head covering is something that has already been covered in my previous topics. I will not go back to it here.

Also, the GREATEST COMMANDMENT is to love God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength and to love your neighbour as yourself. Mocking your neighbour is not LOVE. You should seek the Holy Spirit for truth.
Re: How To Know If A Spirit, Voice Or Visitation Is From God Or Satan (discernment) by misreal(m): 8:21pm On Oct 01, 2015
reedmund:

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." GALATIANS 5:22-23

This is the heavy spiritual principle, not head covering. Head covering is something that has already been covered in my previous topics. I will not go back to it here.

Also, the GREATEST COMMANDMENT is to love God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength and to love your neighbour as yourself. Mocking your neighbour is not LOVE. You should seek the Holy Spirit for truth.
if you truly love Godzyou will not disobey his word. For your information everyword in the bidle has a spiritual significance. If you think you can just ignore some part of the Bible that doesn't massage your lukewarm attitude. Good for you.

(1) (Reply)

10 Muharram 2015 Status, Quotes, Lines Thoughts In Urdu / Are We All Born As Atheists? / All Religions Are The Same

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.