Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? - Celebrities (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? (101684 Views)

Femi Falana And Wife, Funmi Falana At The Falz Experience All Loved Up (Photos) / Tosin Etomi With Funmi Wellington: Adesua's Brother & Banky W Brother Pictured / Funmi Iyanda Raises Her Skirts To Prove That She Is Not Bleaching (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by zolapower: 11:43pm On Jul 08, 2017
There's also this music whose soundtrack was used for an advert on " morning fresh " a liquid soap for wash in the early 90's the title of her song is " where do I go from here " I am seriously looking for her . I guess her name is modupe .
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by K08(m): 11:47pm On Jul 08, 2017
Good music.
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by poppop: 12:25am On Jul 09, 2017
Interesting thread, I was hooked right till the very end.
I hope op finds what he is looking for. I remember her songs esp the "Nigeria my beloved country"

This thread also made me search for the Lijadu sisters out of curiosity because of a comment someone made. Actually there are fairly (interview) recent videos of them. Never heard of them before now and the first song I heard from YouTube "come on home" just blew me away.

This thread is a treasure.
Goodnight yall

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by jaymejate: 12:28am On Jul 09, 2017
if you listen to that song, you will know that Nigeria don finish.

i remember the video of that song... kids singing, i will then ask my mom how i can be part of the video

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by BeeDee007: 12:33am On Jul 09, 2017
Looking for the music which was soundtrack of a program featured often around 0730hrs to 0800hrs in the morning on RN-2 back then...starts with a voice similar to Funmi Adams' too, something like "Africa life...."....when the morning light, when your light appears"...Anyone who can help pls? Would be grateful.
Thanks OP for this wonderful thread....feels like I'm back to the '80s
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by bluecircle470: 12:41am On Jul 09, 2017
This got me so touching sad cry cry cry
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by sade1994(f): 1:48am On Jul 09, 2017
That song Nigeria my beloved country can make someone think deeply sha and makes you wonder what went wrong with the country.

Late 90s while in nursery school or so. The song was used alot. Gives me this beautiful emotional kinda memory.

6 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Ratello: 1:51am On Jul 09, 2017
@warrenweste, OCTAVIO and other great minds in here you guys rock for dedicating this thread to a music icon and legend of our time Aunty Funmilayo Adams I pray we shall come to the final lap of this long search of her whereabouts she is such a songbird of matchless grace and talent especially with her sweet golden voice cry cry cry feeling emotional already with those nostalgic feelings this thread evokes!

4 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Eaglesence: 1:52am On Jul 09, 2017
This is just too amazing. I had actually forgotten her name till now. Funmi Adams "Omolasho"song have been playing on my lips for the past two weeks. I live in Accra, Ghana. Memories of her song just came flooding back with nothing in particular to kick start it. Wow. It is shocking to me that a lot more people were also thinking about her. Dear Lord, wher is she
God bless you op. She probably need oir prayers. Baba God hear us today we pray.

5 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Eaglesence: 1:53am On Jul 09, 2017
warrenweste:
Its another independence day celebration and 25 years after the lovely Album All we need is love was released by the great funmi adams and cbs sony records then way back 1990,even though the country has not improved much since the song was released but at least with the new govt now we are facing a new direction for greatness.

Her most famous song was Nigeria my beloved country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBAoRf1O6m8

First Stanza
I know a lot about my country
I know a lot because I care;
I know a lot about the (pronounced der) people
I know a lot because I’m here.

Chorus:
Nigeria, my beloved country (pronounced and elongated as ‘be-loo-ved ‘)
Working together is the key
Nigeria, my beloved country, our future is you and me

Second Stanza
Land of iron, land of coal
Agriculture, oil and coal
They are assets that we own
Round the (pronounced as ‘der’) world, our name is known

Chorus:

Third Stanza
I know we have a great potential
To do more than just survive
Let’s build up our strength and pride
Trust in God to be our God

Chorus:

her other songs include

All we need is love

Mama

Omode o

ina gizon yake

Aha ye yaro

Nnem nnem nnemo

Omolasho

and so on

The Purpose of these thread is to try to uncover the mystery of funmi adams who seem to have disappeared without no trace for the past 23 years according to the executive producer ..Tunde alabi Hundeyin(Dudu music),so deep is her mystery that almost everybody that use to work for her then even couldn't trace her or were even no where to be found besides the producer Tunde akins and editor tunde obalana.
Is these how we will just let these beautiful songstress disappear with her works which inspired an entire nation with songs of unification on brotherhood,sisterhood and what it means to be patriotic.

N.B...Pls if you have any of her vhs/vcd pls signify so we can at least revive her works again (and pls forgive my typos) Thanks smiley

This is just too amazing. I had actually forgotten her name till now. Funmi Adams "Omolasho"song have been playing on my lips for the past two weeks. I live in Accra, Ghana. Memories of her song just came flooding back with nothing in particular to kick start it. Wow. It is shocking to me that a lot more people were also thinking about her. Dear Lord, wher is she
God bless you op. She probably need oir prayers. Baba God hear us today we pray.
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by diamondvil(f): 2:26am On Jul 09, 2017
Nigeria my beloved country is one song that motivates me, even uptill now. It inspires me, makes me think far and deep. Whenever i listen to that song, i get emotional. God bless funmi Adams. Pls let the search continue. God bless those who deemed it fit to open ds thread . We shall hv a positive outcome.

5 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by seuncyrus(m): 2:40am On Jul 09, 2017
Wow, I just read through from page 1 down to the last . Even though most people that started the thread were mostly the 80's . I'm early 90's and can remember her songs, Nigeria my beloved Country gave me this kind of patriotic and goose bump feeling.
I just listened to the song again and I can't believe I just shed a tear....I just downloaded Christy Igbokwe's OMo mi seunrere too .....Why Don't We have songs like these anymore

I'm sure we have Nigerians in Pittsburgh that'll be able to find her if the one on this thread is acting somehow.

Come to think of it , there are many sensible people on hidden parts of Nairaland...Even Nwamaikpe had to drop his #$#% to contribute meaningfully

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by myfantasies(f): 4:29am On Jul 09, 2017
I will follow dis topic down to the last

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by rocoh(m): 4:57am On Jul 09, 2017
Thank you for this. God bless you.

warrenweste:
meanwhile my cousin just uploaded the crappy version we converted courtesy of deejaygold,deblow and i
here is the youtube link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utQY5luWtBU

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by zangiff(m): 5:09am On Jul 09, 2017
like seriously, i love this woman and her works. Even after years, the song still remains in my heart

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Nobody: 6:30am On Jul 09, 2017
Wow see Nigerians appreciating our own. I need to read up on this lady but why will she abandon a country she loved so much, who is she, how can someone with such q beautiful voice disappear into thin air?

Going by the lyrics of her song she is a rare gem, isn't she on social media
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by boss1310(m): 6:34am On Jul 09, 2017
warrenweste:
meanwhile my cousin just uploaded the crappy version we converted courtesy of deejaygold,deblow and i
here is the youtube link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utQY5luWtBU
you call it crappy version but I call it a great find.you don't know the favour you and your bros did for me with this video(its a video where I can even see her again!)may God bless you both,you just made my year

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by hadtim: 6:47am On Jul 09, 2017
I love funmi Adams too. I also want to know what the outcome will be. Hope to see what she looks like now

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by bigfrancis21: 8:23am On Jul 09, 2017

This song just brought back childhood memories from the early 90s. This song used to be very popular back then. Like someone said, this current indomie generation really missed a lot. The kind and trend of songs we have nowadays eh are nothing to write about.

@warrenweste....i'm in the US but i'm not in PA and even if I offer to pay for the subscription on that website, peoplesmart, and we get her address, who will offer to visit her in her house?

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by sirvvy: 9:07am On Jul 09, 2017
'funmi Adams' this is the first time I'm hearing the name. I listened to Nigeria my beloved country, I began to wonder how we got it wrong in this country. cry

thumbs up Op and co. I hope you guys find her.

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by jjjjj2017: 9:14am On Jul 09, 2017
sirvvy:
'funmi Adams' this is the first time I'm hearing the name. I listened to Nigeria my beloved country, I began to wonder how we got it wrong in this country. cry

thumbs up Op and co. I hope you guys find her.
bro, I just weak. during those days, I always believe & hope in Nigeria. I used to wonder why the Nigeria of 80s & 90s is not what we experienced these days. At times, I used to feel like the world should just come to an end.

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by nass1812: 9:28am On Jul 09, 2017
Good morning to u all great members of nairaland,am happy to join u guys
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by nass1812: 9:30am On Jul 09, 2017
So any valid info about aunty funmi adams?
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 10:38am On Jul 09, 2017
bigfrancis21:

This song just brought back childhood memories from the early 90s. This song used to be very popular back then. Like someone said, this current indomie generation really missed a lot. The kind and trend of songs we have nowadays eh are nothing to write about.

@warrenweste....i'm in the US but i'm not in PA and even if I offer to pay for the subscription on that website, peoplesmart, and we get her address, who will offer to visit her in her house?

Thanks much for offering to pay for the subscription and about going to see her thats another big question i guess someone living close to PA will have to make some calls for us and fix a time,though for now we are focused on getting her clean clear videos

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by holatunde1759(m): 10:42am On Jul 09, 2017
I sincerely pray she is found. I remember my Dad playing recordings of her at home for us when ever he comes back from work. Thanks for bringing back fond memories of my childhood...Its an emotional one for me.

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 10:44am On Jul 09, 2017
holatunde1759:
I sincerely pray she is found. I remember my Dad playing recordings of her at home for us when ever he comes back from work. Thanks for bringing back fond memories of my childhood...Its an emotional one for me.

Pls do u have any of her videos in your store?
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by 1miccza: 11:24am On Jul 09, 2017
Till date Omolasho still rings in my brain like yesterday, songs like "Nigeria my beloved country" should be played from time to time to remind our lost youths of the meaning of patriotism. It's a pity that these days our radio stations promote noise and crime other Than songs of this nature. Op please don't relent let's extend this search to other social media platforms can we OP?

3 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by dasphinx1(m): 11:56am On Jul 09, 2017
Lately, i have been singing Nigeria my beloved country lately and i suddenly stumbled on this thread shocked Thank you OP for bringing back old Memories, good, feel good music. I am following this thread to the very end. I also want to know what happenned to Funmi Adams.
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by zolapower: 11:57am On Jul 09, 2017
warrenweste:

Aunty funmi was delivered of fibroid ? do u or your sister have any of her videos? sad
hey must u quote me for the world to see ? Or have chosen investigation journalism to your collection ' Dem sey story "? Please don't mention me or quote me abeg. We are both looking for # aunty fumi . Na so u na dey start . Don't think u have work . Must u quote me ? If u quote me again na wahahala oo.
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by happney65: 12:11pm On Jul 09, 2017
Just created a Lengthy post on FB and tagged someone i knew in the UK..Maybe someone somewhere could give us some answers..she was a part of my childhood i cannot ever forget..Wish we could know exactly what happened to this amazing woman with an amazing voice..following this thread to the end..

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by afribabe: 12:22pm On Jul 09, 2017
shocked shocked shocked
NwaAmaikpe:

shocked

Words fail me right now
I can't express the smile on my face or the fond memories this has brought.
This is beautiful!!!
Thanks for sharing,
Thanks Ishilove too
Xoxo.

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by holatunde1759(m): 3:57pm On Jul 09, 2017
No, Its been cleared out long time ago. Besides its not a video recording, but audio format.
warrenweste:

Pls do u have any of her videos in your store?
No, Its been cleared out long time ago. Besides its not a video recording, but audio format.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Mike Ezuruonye Weds Nkechi ‘keke’ Nnorom In Grand Style With Exclusive Pictures / DOWNLOAD MOVIE: The Wedding Party 2 (destination Dubai) / Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.