Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,462 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ (4012 Views)

You're Accidental Presidents, Na’abba Hits Buhari, OBJ, Jonathan / Saraki Begs Obasanjo To Help Talk To Buhari; OBJ Intervenes / Buhari, OBJ And Abdusalami In South Africa (realtime) - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by kikesblog(m): 4:54am On Oct 02, 2015
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has revealed the impression of some world leaders about President Muhammadu Buhari.
The ex -President, who spoke with reporters at his Abeokuta home yesterday, added that despite Nigeria’s “mistakes and missteps,” it is not doing badly at 55 as a nation.
Obasanjo added that 55 years in the life of a nation was still relatively young and notwithstanding this, the country had managed to be dynamic and progressive.

He said: “I heard some of the comments of those he (Buhari) met; the comment that probably will not come back to him. He met Clinton for almost one hour and President Clinton , when I joined him for his global initiative talked to me about the impression of our President, it was favourable.

“Gordon Brown and I met him and
we talked about issues. The few other leaders who met him gave me their impression and his debut so to say, it has been good. I think we are at the table, what they use to say that Nigeria is not at the table, now we are present at the table.”
He said Nigerians should be willing to learn from past mistakes while core national values should also not be eroded to enable the real growth and progress become manifest.

He noted that Nigeria was now well positioned with the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari for both recognition and active participation in global politics in a manner that would likely elicit positive attention from the international community.

According to Obasanjo, feelers from the world leaders and statemen during the recent UN summit showed that President Muhammadu Buhari did not only have a good outing there, but also helped to place Nigeria at a strategic position for global politics.

He identified youth unemployment, education, security, justice, the economy among others as areas the country should not joke with particularly corruption, saying it has the capacity to destroy everything noble about Nigeria.
Obsanjo said: “Fifty five years in the life of a nation is comparatively young, growing and when you look at the life and history of those that you may call settled societies or reasonably matured countries, we are not doing too badly.

“They have had missteps just as we are having missteps, they have made mistakes and most of them have learnt from their mistakes, they have been dynamic in the way they have progressed and I believe that we are doing the same thing.
“What is important is that certain cardinal pinches, cardinal features of our national live, values, should not be eroded. And then we should also be willing to learn from out mistakes.

“The President in his statement said Nigeria has the marks in making the potentialities of a great nation is just question of actualising our potentialities and that will require all hands on deck ; men, women, muslims, christians, young and old, irrespective of our location, our tribe, our social standing, Nigeria needs all hands on deck.
“And we must also realise important issues that we must not play with, we must not play with the issue of education, we must not play with the issue of health for our people.

“We must not play with the issue of employment for our teeming population particularly for our youths, we must not play with the issue of economy, we must not play with the issue of security, peace and justice. Justice and peace go hand in hand, we can’t have injustice and expect peace to reign supreme.”

- Nation

www.laidenews.com/2015/10/what-clinton-gordon-brown-told-me-about.html?m=1

3 Likes

Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by pet4ril(f): 4:59am On Oct 02, 2015
We thank God for everything. ...and may he continue to strengthen our leaders to give the nation the best of it... proudly Nigerian

7 Likes

Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by BALLOSKI: 5:00am On Oct 02, 2015
Wow....

For the first time in my life , I watched the independent day celebrations with pride and excitement. I couldn't believe I found reasons to forgive our past leaders, including gej , and even more reasons to believe Nigeria is gonna be great again.

I'm honored to be born , alive and living in a Nigeria that's governed by BUHARI.

4 Likes

Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by sannirules(m): 5:00am On Oct 02, 2015
We're makin progress

3 Likes

Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by BALLOSKI: 5:05am On Oct 02, 2015
pet4ril:
We thank God for everything. ...and may he continue to strengthen our leaders to give the nation the best of it... proudly Nigerian
we can't thank him enough for the gift of buhari.

6 Likes

Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by seunmsg(m): 5:12am On Oct 02, 2015
World leaders can see the integrity and strong personality of PMB. For once, they see a Nigerian president who is a clear departure from the usually corrupt characters that use to lead the country. His regime will attract lots of cooperation and assistance from the international community.

7 Likes

Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by chymystique(f): 5:14am On Oct 02, 2015
Justice and peace go hand in hand, we can’t have injustice and expect peace to reign supreme.”

Good. Obj should show example by going to report himself @ EFCC office.. Obasanjo you are one of the major people that made Nigeria to still be in this mess. Corruption Fighting indeed undecided

11 Likes

Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by dayo23(f): 5:26am On Oct 02, 2015
Absolutely
Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by Nobody: 5:29am On Oct 02, 2015
ba ba

3 Likes

Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by tyson99(m): 5:31am On Oct 02, 2015
BUHARI is the man

2 Likes

Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by Nobody: 5:36am On Oct 02, 2015
And some fools said Obasanjo is irrelevant in Nigeria Politics. I laugh in Chinese... Take him forgranted at your own peril.

5 Likes

Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by onismate: 5:41am On Oct 02, 2015
Which table are we! Table of noise makers? Obj trying to make himself look so important. Well baba Buhari is trying.

1 Like

Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by McKren(m): 5:42am On Oct 02, 2015
Does anybody really think Clinton will say anything negative about the Nigerian President? Except it is blatantly obvious?

Does diplomacy mean anything to Nigerians?

9 Likes

Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by ZACHIE: 5:52am On Oct 02, 2015
Where are the sons and daughters of Balial to scoff 2 old men?
Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by reuben79: 5:53am On Oct 02, 2015
Tank God we voted gej out"nigeria will great again#seriously dey is hope for nigeria now

1 Like

Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by jomoh: 5:53am On Oct 02, 2015
Did
Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by khassy(m): 5:58am On Oct 02, 2015
kikesblog:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has revealed the impression of some world leaders about President Muhammadu Buhari.
The ex -President, who spoke with reporters at his Abeokuta home yesterday, added that despite Nigeria’s “mistakes and missteps,” it is not doing badly at 55 as a nation.
Obasanjo added that 55 years in the life of a nation was still relatively young and notwithstanding this, the country had managed to be dynamic and progressive.

He said: “I heard some of the comments of those he (Buhari) met; the comment that probably will not come back to him. He met Clinton for almost one hour and President Clinton , when I joined him for his global initiative talked to me about the impression of our President, it was favourable.

“Gordon Brown and I met him and
we talked about issues. The few other leaders who met him gave me their impression and his debut so to say, it has been good. I think we are at the table, what they use to say that Nigeria is not at the table, now we are present at the table.”
He said Nigerians should be willing to learn from past mistakes while core national values should also not be eroded to enable the real growth and progress become manifest.

He noted that Nigeria was now well positioned with the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari for both recognition and active participation in global politics in a manner that would likely elicit positive attention from the international community.

According to Obasanjo, feelers from the world leaders and statemen during the recent UN summit showed that President Muhammadu Buhari did not only have a good outing there, but also helped to place Nigeria at a strategic position for global politics.

He identified youth unemployment, education, security, justice, the economy among others as areas the country should not joke with particularly corruption, saying it has the capacity to destroy everything noble about Nigeria.
Obsanjo said: “Fifty five years in the life of a nation is comparatively young, growing and when you look at the life and history of those that you may call settled societies or reasonably matured countries, we are not doing too badly.

“They have had missteps just as we are having missteps, they have made mistakes and most of them have learnt from their mistakes, they have been dynamic in the way they have progressed and I believe that we are doing the same thing.
“What is important is that certain cardinal pinches, cardinal features of our national live, values, should not be eroded. And then we should also be willing to learn from out mistakes.

“The President in his statement said Nigeria has the marks in making the potentialities of a great nation is just question of actualising our potentialities and that will require all hands on deck ; men, women, muslims, christians, young and old, irrespective of our location, our tribe, our social standing, Nigeria needs all hands on deck.
“And we must also realise important issues that we must not play with, we must not play with the issue of education, we must not play with the issue of health for our people.

“We must not play with the issue of employment for our teeming population particularly for our youths, we must not play with the issue of economy, we must not play with the issue of security, peace and justice. Justice and peace go hand in hand, we can’t have injustice and expect peace to reign supreme.”

- Nation

www.laidenews.com/2015/10/what-clinton-gordon-brown-told-me-about.html?m=1

anybody that believes anything OBj says must be high on Ogbomoso weed undecidedundecided

Today's my mom's birthday

can I get some likes for her

8 Likes

Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by bewla(m): 6:01am On Oct 02, 2015
ops
Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by Pavore9: 6:07am On Oct 02, 2015
l continue to pray that PMB succeeds in re-positioning Nigeria because l have nothing to gain if things do not work out. lf corruption is well lessened, it will translate to better service delivery and development, why then would l wish PMB failure?

1 Like

Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by bewla(m): 6:10am On Oct 02, 2015
let say i was here and i do my part
Nigeria will be great again
Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by sadlas(m): 6:15am On Oct 02, 2015
khassy:

anybody that believes anything OBj says must be high on Ogbomoso weed undecidedundecided

Today's my mom's birthday

can I get some likes for her
NO for assaulting our humble leaders
Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by khassy(m): 6:21am On Oct 02, 2015
sadlas:
NO for assaulting our humble leaders

you have been noticed... now clap for yourself and walk out undecidedundecided

2 Likes

Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by chesterlee(m): 6:27am On Oct 02, 2015
Coming from the President that nearly destroyed the country...I'll Pass

OBJ where are GEJ's trained snipers?

1 Like

Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by juman(m): 6:42am On Oct 02, 2015
chesterlee:
Coming from the President that nearly destroyed the country...I'll Pass

OBJ where are GEJ's trained snipers?

Abi, a man that ruled nigeria for more than eleven and half years. His yoruba people ruled nigeria longer than other ethnic groups. The destroyed nigeria o.

This is one of the men that cluelessly ruined the country. nigeria became a failed country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by bayocanny: 6:50am On Oct 02, 2015
I don't trust the western leaders

1 Like

Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by oluseyiforjesus(m): 6:52am On Oct 02, 2015
Ok
Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by kikesblog(m): 6:52am On Oct 02, 2015
juman:

Abi, a man that ruled nigeria for more than eleven and half years. His yoruba people ruled nigeria longer than other ethnic groups. This destroyed nigeria o.

This is one of the men that cluelessly ruined the country. nigeria became a failed country.

You must be a Ghanian.......... Check History before washing your dirty linen outside
Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by RockMaxi: 6:53am On Oct 02, 2015

From time I have come to realise that whenever baba OBJ starts to sing your praise then you must have something that he cherishes and he can not take it forcefully from you.

2 Likes

Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by oluemmakay(m): 6:55am On Oct 02, 2015
This is just the beginning... The Best is yet to come.
Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by jimi4us: 6:56am On Oct 02, 2015
People like obasanjo should be in jail. Not saraki.

1 Like

Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by charles424(m): 6:59am On Oct 02, 2015
chymystique:

Good. Obj should show example by going to report himself @ EFCC office.. Obasanjo you are one of the major people that made Nigeria to still be in this mess. Corruption Fighting indeed undecided

That's the problem of Nigerians,hatred has cover your heart, you see nothing good in other people...better change your thinking...
Re: What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ by Dannyset(m): 7:01am On Oct 02, 2015
Baba

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tompolo Flees Nigeria, As Deputy Gov Denies Shielding Him / Biafra: Elite Members Of Biafra Security Service- Pictures / Its Official : Nigeria is Cameroons BITCH !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.