Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Story! Change Our Culture, We Are 55 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Story! Change Our Culture, We Are 55 (635 Views)

Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. / Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. / Have U Ever Been Scammed, Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Story! Change Our Culture, We Are 55 by agabaI23(m): 9:16am On Oct 02, 2015
'Ever been scammed? please share your story

I was once scammed. A friend applied for immigration job and I saw a secondary school classmate who claimed he was in the Army and could help with application. He told me the story of how an Emir adopted him and helped him through NDA and bla bla.

I knew him to be a liar in school but as a graduate, I didn't expect him get into scamming.

However when he started demanding money to buy drinks for the officer who would do the job, the alarm set off. He requested for 10k and I told him I cant give you that. I gave him 6k and told him it will buy a nice drink. I said to myself, if he is scamming, I won't cry too much over 6k and I would take it that I gave him a gift.

After collecting the money, the guy started dodging me and refused to take my calls.

Then I ran into another classmate who knew him well. In fact they either married from the same home or one is an in law to the other.

I just asked him, when did B become a scammer? Are you sure he is in the Army? Just tell him I didn't believe him from the beginning but I wanted to give him the benefit of doubt and it turned out I was right.

He was sad and said, "so this guy is still telling this NDA story? He tried NDA true but he was not successful"

That's the summary! Do you have any scam story?

Share your story, change the culture, Nigeria is 55! Happy Independence!

Lalasticlala, ishilove, Seun
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Story! Change Our Culture, We Are 55 by HungerBAD: 9:18am On Oct 02, 2015
After reading your post, I have been asking myself if really I have been scammed before? and the answer is no.

Aside one's siblings telling those lies for extra school money. And I don't consider that scamming, since both parties recognizes the lies, but decide to let it slide anyway.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Story! Change Our Culture, We Are 55 by princy80(m): 9:19am On Oct 02, 2015
m
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Story! Change Our Culture, We Are 55 by Behira(f): 9:26am On Oct 02, 2015
Okai
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Story! Change Our Culture, We Are 55 by Jimdonnet(m): 9:54am On Oct 02, 2015
Let your cc topup let me know
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Story! Change Our Culture, We Are 55 by agabaI23(m): 10:48am On Oct 02, 2015
HungerBAD:
After reading your post, I have been asking myself if really I have been scammed before? and the answer is no.

Aside one's siblings telling those lies for extra school money. And I don't consider that scamming, since both parties recognizes the lies, but decide to let it slide anyway.

Lol, that's not scamming I guess. Since you are aware he wanted more money. You could as well tell him you know....next time he would ask for money directly
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Story! Change Our Culture, We Are 55 by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 02, 2015
I was sleeping when I received an email
灯㡦㡦㡦捥捥捥㬩慢正牧畯摮椭慭敧獭氭湩慥 牧摡敩瑮琨灯㡦㡦㡦捥捥捥㬩慢正牧畯摮椭慭 敧楬敮牡札慲楤湥潴昣昸昸攣散散戻捡杫潲湵 浩u条㩥楬敮牡札慲楤湥潴昣昸昸攣散散汩整 㩲牰杯摩䐺䥘慭敧牔湡晳牯楍牣獯 执獧浻牡楧 敬瑦瀰絸朣杢㑳执獧扻捡杫潲湵潣潬㩲昣昸昸 㬸慢正牧畯摮椭慭敧敷止瑩札慲楤湥楬敮牡氬 晥⁴潴敬瑦戠瑯潴牦浯㡦㡦㡦潴捥捥捥戻捡杫 潲湵浩条㩥眭扥楫楬敮牡札慲楤湥潴昣昸昸攣 散散戻捡杫潲湵浩条㩥洭穯氭湩慥牧摡敩瑮琨 灯㡦㡦㡦捥捥捥㬩慢正牧畯摮椭慭敧獭氭湩慥
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Story! Change Our Culture, We Are 55 by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 02, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Blame Buhari For The Abuja Multiple Bomb Blast Of October 2, 2015 / Video: Serena Williams Chasing The Man Who Stole Here Phone. / How Popular Sapele Bishop Godday Was Kidnapped And Somethin Happened -read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.