Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,388 members, 7,836,561 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Once Upon A Time: The Story Of Change And Kwarans Involvement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Once Upon A Time: The Story Of Change And Kwarans Involvement (680 Views)

We Promised Change And It Has Come - Lai Mohammed / Halliburton: Fayose Justifies Claim Of Buhari Wife’s Involvement! Pictures / Staunch Saraki Supporter Posted This On Facebook; See Reactions From Kwarans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Once Upon A Time: The Story Of Change And Kwarans Involvement by micronut(m): 12:45pm On Oct 02, 2015
Once upon a time, the APC as a party temporarily moved it's headquarter to Kwara state and Ilorin to be precise. Then, the political landscape was serene, every single brethren in the political sanctuary was feeling cool, the zeal to hijack a nation that is sinking in the hands of an "Otuoke Dr" was seemingly the only rope that ties brothers together.

The Mantra-slogan was change. The Nation was agog with posters and fliers of known and unknown faces, from the good to the bad and the Ugly.

Cities like Lagos, Abuja and Kaduna became a mecca from far and new, Designer campaign's cloths and souvenirs fly around like newly arrived city freebies.

Ilorin was never underated, the city had it's own fair share of the merry. The town was beehive of activities due to political charades, admirers, supporters and well wishers that have turned the city into a new heaven to behold.

Then, the secret and hideouts of APC as a party was well hidden in Kwara state. Every meetings and Conventions was taken away from the busy Lagos and Abuja metropolis. Pictures awashed the internet on daily basis. Hotels and city dwellers were making cool business, indeed the city of Harmony had never had it more better than then.

Why Ilorin if you may ask? Well, the simple truth is that, a Big Brother loyalist by the Name "Saraki" has been called upon to help do the needful.

Do i need to say Saraki was hired to call the shot? May be. At least, APC as a party, forsakes it's political anointed candidate called "Belgore" and Elope with the newly found love Called Saraki. No thanks for the Jargaban of Borgu for his ever ready political warfare in his arsenal to bring on board all political calculation from 2*2 to 16 to 19.

Saraki holds the key to Kwara Politics, he is dirty but APC want power at all cost, the party needed kwara to join the "change" mantra.

Do they care who is singing the change? Obviously NO! Seems that doesn't matter to them. Just sing the change to your people and join me to chase the otuoke man beyond the river bank of delta.

To imagine how APC dismantled it's erstwhile political structure in kwara to bring Saraki forth and oversee the ministry still amazes me till date.

Then, i pity the Poor Dele Belgore who kwarans have seen as a core Lagosians, he was betrayed by his fellow lagosians, he was deserted and the poor man like a political slut also went to PDP. What an Exchange of Barton you may say.

Now, the story has changed.

To APC and the Jargabanist, it's more of a third eye to the red-chamber's top seat than the prosecution of a betrayer and a party man.

To the Pro-saraki's, it's more like victimization of a once noble Apostle of the change Ministry, hence the 83 votes of confidence.

To an Ordinary Nigerian, Saraki is the same yesterday, today, tomorrow and may be forever. He is a spoilt child that profits from his 8yrs tenure as a governor, one who had gotten so much wealth than you expected of a well respected medical doctor. Even if you are a clean-shaved businessman cum doctor, you can't own everything but saraki owns almost everything. He is a big time rice farmer. lol ( Ofcos he owns the Kwara state shangai farms, the Ilorin Aviation school and many more).

To Ilorin gullible followers from time-immemorial, it's more of a vexation of the unpaid salary workers than a breaking point of a masters-slave tie. May be if all had been paid well, the marriage of inconvenience would not have gotten itches. May be!

And to Other kwarans (Excluding Ilorin), From Kaima to baruteen to Offa to Ijagbo, down to Omu-aran and Ekiti Kwara. Am sorry, it's obvious you guys have been decimated, offa to ilorin roads lacks government touch, omu aran is unattended to, jebba to lafiaji doesn't concern the power that be in kwara. May be your "Maigida Governor" is too busy to leave Ilorin development. May be Ilorin is just lucky to rule others, may be!

I write this wholeheartedly, may be to see through the past and envisage what the future may holds for Nigerians quest to fight corruption, the power wrestle tussle of APC as a party, the plight of common kwarans in the hand of a Saraki's Dynasty, and may be to reflect the state of our nation through history, and to see what each and everyone of us had contributed.

Now, may be we all can share the blame, may be. But before i go, i heard this Echo sometimes and it's always ringing hard, banging like hard-core balls. It says "Fear Politicians", "Fear them for real" cos they can do anything to make things happen.

Like seriously, we need change, Yes "Change". The change we have gotten and many more Change.

Lateef (Micronut) Echoes his mind from the City of Ilorin.
Re: Once Upon A Time: The Story Of Change And Kwarans Involvement by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:51pm On Oct 02, 2015
The fraud called change
Re: Once Upon A Time: The Story Of Change And Kwarans Involvement by micronut(m): 1:04pm On Oct 02, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The fraud called change
lol! may be not the change we are use to. But as true and patriotic Nigerians, may be it's time to go back to the board and trace where we have always got it wrong.

As the future Leaders of the most populous black Nation, we can re-write the wrongs of the past and "change" the colloids in the political water view.

We have got all what it takes, the gentle stride of Oneness and the rigid staunch progressive ideologies of the minorities can make Nigeria, the country we all could be proud of.

It begins with you and I.

Happy 55th Anniversary of motherland Nigeria, to you Mr Barcanista.
Re: Once Upon A Time: The Story Of Change And Kwarans Involvement by themilanway(m): 1:07pm On Oct 02, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The fraud called change

You are worse than APC
Re: Once Upon A Time: The Story Of Change And Kwarans Involvement by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:11pm On Oct 02, 2015
micronut:
lol! may be not the change we are use to. But as a true and patriotic Nigerians, may be it's time to go back to the board and trace where we have always got it wrong. As the future Leaders of the most populous black history, we can re-write the wrongs of the past and the "change" the colloids in the political water view. We have got all what it takes, the gentle stride of Oneness and the rigid staunch progressive ideologies of the minorities can make Nigeria, the country we all could be proud of. It begins with you and I. Happy 55th Anniversary of motherland Nigeria, to you Mr Barcanista.
My brother, the way forward is by reforming existing parties and purge them of bad element. Making internal party democracy strong with well defined ideologies and strong principles. We can only endure the APC fraud called change till 2019 but we must seize the 4 years to present a viable alternative. I believe PDP is ready for business and reform.

1 Like

Re: Once Upon A Time: The Story Of Change And Kwarans Involvement by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:14pm On Oct 02, 2015
Happy 55th Independence @Mr Micronut

(1) (Reply)

Presidency Links Diezani’s Arrest To Stolen Oil Funds Recovery / Audu Promise To Return N11bn Looted Funds Only When Re-elected: APC Blames PDP / Kaduna State Governor Elrufai Sets To Weds Pmb's Daughter(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.