Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,103 members, 7,814,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: (2322 Views)

"Okorocha Is A Colossal Failure, The Worst On Earth'' - Ohaneze Youths Council / I Fear Ambode Will Not Win 2nd Tenor In Lagos / I Fear President Buhari May Be Murdered – APC Chieftain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by magicminister: 2:58am On Oct 03, 2015
I voted for ambode but with the way things are going, I am beginning to regret my decision.
Do we even have a governor in lagos state?

Little to no public appearance, zero engagement with the citizens and zero updates on the affairs concerning lagos.
Zero projects commissioned and zero projects embarked on.

In the best interest of everyone, I pray he trumps the positive records of fashola.
Right now, ambode doesn't have my second term vote.

8 Likes

Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by mikolo80: 3:01am On Oct 03, 2015
then no second term for him
it will make next gov and the party sit up

1 Like

Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by biafranking: 3:14am On Oct 03, 2015
magicminister:
I voted for ambode but with the way things are going, I am beginning to regret my decision.
Do we even have a governor in lagos state?

Little to no public appearance, zero engagement with the citizens and zero updates on the affairs concerning lagos.
Zero projects commissioned and zero projects embarked on.

In the best interest of everyone, I pray he trumps the positive records of fashola.
Right now, ambode doesn't have my second term vote.
re you now regretting it? We gave you people jimmy agbaje,a credible,eligible and hardworking governor to vote for. You all desist to vote for him because ndigbos sided him.
For over 5months now,lagos state is dry and it look like we have no governor in the state.
My friend,this is what tribalism and party choice can cost the people a quality and vision leader. We need to be careful in making our choice of leaders.
I pray the lagos state governor wake up from his slumber and get to work or lagos state development will be slow as osun state if ultimate steps is not taken.
Southwest wake up
Wake up o.

To your tent oh israel..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by Babe2sure(f): 6:41am On Oct 03, 2015
That's the question on everybody lips. We need leaders that can effect the much needed change, not a passive one. Is Lagos too big for him? Whatever! He should be awake to his electoral promises.

1 Like

Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by luvmijeje(f): 6:54am On Oct 03, 2015
I don't want to complain........ But Fashola have done the difficult job, so what's hard in following his template.

This is not a case of Buhari taking over from a failed administration which by the way Nigerians have started feeling his impact.......... He took over from Fashola - Mr excellent.

As far as we've started feeling the impact of the President.... Ambode who's closer to us have no reason to fail.

7 Likes

Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 03, 2015
luvmijeje:
I don't want to complain........ But Fashola have done the difficult job, so what's hard in following his template.

This is not a case of Buhari taking over from a failed administration which by the way Nigerians have started feeling his impact.......... He took over from Fashola - Mr excellent.

As far as we've started feeling the impact of the President.... Ambode who's closer to us have no reason to fail.
Spot on....

2 Likes

Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by change49ja: 7:37am On Oct 03, 2015
Failure is not an option for Governor Ambode. What people don't understand is that, Ambode inherited thousands of on-going massive projects from ex-Governor Fashola and the most sensible thing to do as a new governor is to consolidate on those projects. There's no need to start new projects in your first 100 days in office (especially when there are scarce resources/funds) when there are other thousands of on-going projects begging to be finished.
The problem we have with our leaders in Nigeria is that, newly elected government always like to start their new projects, abandoning inherited projects thereby uselessly wasting public funds.
For Lagos, this is not the case. If Ambode failed to consolidate on those projects, I'm very sure he'll not finish his first term.

2 Likes

Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by Boss13: 7:47am On Oct 03, 2015
If you cannot feel the impact of governance in the first 100days, you will not feel the impact at all even in 100 years.

Ambode is not fit to be Lagos governor, Lagos is going regressing backwards. On the other hand, I wonder what the Lagos chapter of the PDP is doing, they are as quiet as the governor

6 Likes

Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by DMerciful(m): 8:21am On Oct 03, 2015
You are right! The people that died in Abuja yesterday felt Buhari's impact. You know nothing!
luvmijeje:

8 Likes

Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by FearGodinall: 9:05am On Oct 03, 2015
You know Nigeria leaders are found of blaming the predecessors for their failures,you recall how Adams Oshiomole put the blame on Igbenidion for a state he had governed for over seven years. Who knows he's looking for who blame.

3 Likes

Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by gnykelly(m): 9:39am On Oct 03, 2015
biafranking:
re you now regretting it? We gave you people jimmy agbaje,a credible,eligible and hardworking governor to vote for. You all desist to vote for him because ndigbos sided him.
For over 5months now,lagos state is dry and it look like we have no governor in the state.
My friend,this is what tribalism and party choice can cost the people a quality and vision leader. We need to be careful in making our choice of leaders.
I pray the lagos state governor wake up from his slumber and get to work or lagos state development will be slow as osun state if ultimate steps is not taken.
Southwest wake up
Wake up o.

To your tent oh israel..

you are even arguing from a tribalist perspective. you moniker is even tribalistic Ib nature. why don't face the Biafra cause.

2 Likes

Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by coldsummer: 10:07am On Oct 03, 2015
From the very first day I saw that ambode dude, I knew he wasn't fit for Lagos. He's just there by connection. Fashola saw it and kicked against it from the onset. He's a big mistake.

Lagos now has big big potholes that no one even want to pay attention to.

It will be a shame for ambode to let the hard work of AC >>>APC fall off the grid. Bug shame.

1 Like

Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by emilyone(f): 10:16am On Oct 03, 2015
I knew from day one that the orobo has nothing good to offer lasgidi

1 Like

Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by magicminister: 10:36am On Oct 03, 2015
biafranking:
Southwest wake up
Wake up o.

To your tent oh israel..
The bolded got me laughing. Igbo people supported jonathan out of teibal semtiments despite his abysmal records within the past 6 years.

If agbaje couldn't handle a campaign, na lagos state he wan handle?

Besides, agbaje could've been worse off.

3 Likes

Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by Dbboy(m): 10:47am On Oct 03, 2015
magicminister:

The bolded got me laughing. Igbo people supported jonathan out of teibal semtiments despite his abysmal records within the past 6 years.

ARE YOU FOR REAL ABYSMAL ARE YOU FOR REAL COME TO KANO, BUACHI PEOPLE ARE SILENTLY REGRETTING THERE DECISION, HOW IS THE ECONOMY OF YOUR COUNTERY NOW LIGHT RATIONING AND ITS EPILEPTIC SUPPLY IS THE ORDER OF THE DAY, INSECURITY WHICH WAS ALMOST STEMMED OUT BY GEJ HAS REARED ITS HEAD AGAIN AND ITS LAST BOMB BLAST WAS IN ABUJA. ABYSMAL WAS A PERCEPTION SOLD TO THE GULLIBLE NOW WE ARE TRUELY WISE. JUST TAKE A LOOK AT THE STOCK MARKET, LOCAL AND FOREIGN INVESTOR HARDLY MAKE ANYTHING NOW, EVERY GROWTH ENGINE OF THE ECONOMY HAS BEEN HALTED, NO WONDER CBN SAID WE GRADUALLY HEADING TO A RECESSION, BUT GOD FORBID BECAUSE I HAVE INVESTED IN THIS ECONOMY SO MUCH THAT I WOULD EVER THINK OF GETTING SCRAP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by magicminister: 10:50am On Oct 03, 2015
Dbboy:

ARE YOU FOR REAL ABYSMAL ARE YOU FOR REAL COME TO KANO, BUACHI PEOPLE ARE SILENTLY REGRETTING THERE DECISION, HOW IS THE ECONOMY OF YOUR COUNTERY NOW LIGHT RATIONING AND ITS EPILEPTIC SUPPLY IS THE ORDER OF THE DAY, INSECURITY WHICH WAS ALMOST STEMMED OUT BY GEJ HAS REARED ITS HEAD AGAIN AND ITS LAST BOMB BLAST WAS IN ABUJA. ABYSMAL WAS A PERCEPTION SOLD TO THE GULLIBLE NOW WE ARE TRUELY WISE. JUST TAKE A LOOK AT THE STOCK MARKET, LOCAL AND FOREIGN INVESTOR HARDLY MAKE ANYTHING NOW, EVERY GROWTH ENGINE OF THE ECONOMY HAS BEEN HALTED, NO WONDER CBN SAID WE GRADUALLY HEADING TO A RECESSION, BUT GOD FORBID BECAUSE I HAVE INVESTED IN THIS ECONOMY SO MUCH THAT I WOULD EVER THINK OF GETTING SCRAP.

So, would you rather have 4 more years of jonathan
Jonathan performed poorly in most areas but did exceptionally well in some areas such as road reconstruction.
Buhari is here now... the election is over.
It is in our best interest that he suceeds.

1 Like

Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by Dbboy(m): 11:25am On Oct 03, 2015
magicminister:

So, would you rather have 4 more years of jonathan
Jonathan performed poorly in most areas but did exceptionally well in some areas such as road reconstruction.
Buhari is here now... the election is over.
It is in our best interest that he suceeds.

SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE, JONA DID ECEPTIONALLY WELL TO THE ECONOMY, TRANSPORTATION, LIBERALIZATION OF TRADE, INFLOW OF FOREIGN INVESTOR AND THE RECORD WAS THERE FOR ALL TO SEE, UNDER HIM ECONOMIC GROWTH WAS AVERAGING 7.5% BUT UNDER BUHARI IT NOW STANDS AT 2.5% WITH AN IMPENDING RISK OF RECESSION IF BUHARI DOESNT GET HIS ACT RIGHT.

1 Like

Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by rhymaster: 11:32am On Oct 03, 2015
Dbboy:

SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE, JONA DID ECEPTIONALLY WELL TO THE ECONOMY, TRANSPORTATION, LIBERALIZATION OF TRADE, INFLOW OF FOREIGN INVESTOR AND THE RECORD WAS THERE FOR ALL TO SEE, UNDER HIM ECONOMIC GROWTH WAS AVERAGING 7.5% BUT UNDER BUHARI IT NOW STANDS AT 2.5% WITH AN IMPENDING RISK OF RECESSION IF BUHARI DOESNT GET HIS ACT RIGHT.

It's rude shouting at everyone to make a good point, how much a silly one! Learn some internet manners and stop writing in all caps! It's rude and pretty silly!

2 Likes

Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by ndcide(m): 11:32am On Oct 03, 2015
biafranking:
Southwest wake up
Wake up o.

To your tent oh israel..

I don't think I will be against ambode. I'll give him a chance. Though I never voted for him. I'm wondering
How he won the election.

It was a night to the election that I saw some gathering in my area, that I knew something was wrong.

Lagos can't be said to be enlightened and Agbaje lost the election. It just doesn't add up.

2 Likes

Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by magicminister: 11:38am On Oct 03, 2015
ndcide:

I don't think I will be against ambode. I'll give him a chance. Though I never voted for him. I'm wondering
How he won the election.

It was a night to the election that I saw some gathering in my area, that I knew something was wrong.

Lagos can't be said to be enlightened and Agbaje lost the election. It just doesn't add up.

Ambode won fair and square.
Currently, he doesnt have my 2nd term vote though
Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by giantstrides(m): 11:57am On Oct 03, 2015
Dbboy:

Grow up dude, why are you conversing in capital letters ?

2 Likes

Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by lawrenceunaa: 12:14pm On Oct 03, 2015
magicminister:

u can know the taste of food u haven't tasted
Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by ndcide(m): 12:25pm On Oct 03, 2015
magicminister:

Ambode won fair and square. Currently, he doesnt have my 2nd term vote though
I'd like to know your real reason why he won't get your 2nd term vote.
Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by 7lives: 1:17pm On Oct 03, 2015
ndcide:

How he won the election.

My guy Agbaje lost that election the moment he tried to play tribal pranks, did you see some of the leaflets that were being distributed in area like Oshodi?.
I know some elderly people in my hood who were moving from house to house on the eve of the election telling people that Jimi is not an option.
This is because of what happened with the house of rep election, they said our people are too docile that they need to sit up, even the area boys that were factionalised begins to close ranks because the other faction hoping to use PDP to overthrow MC Oluomo suddenly became disoriented because PDP lost the presidential election so they all decided to work for APC.

1 Like

Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by ndcide(m): 1:28pm On Oct 03, 2015
7lives:

My guy Agbaje lost that election the moment he tried to play tribal pranks, did you see some of the leaflets that were being distributed in area like Oshodi?.
I know some elderly people in my hood who were moving from house to house on the eve of the election telling people that Jimi is not an option.
This is because of what happened with the house of rep election, they said our people are too docile that they need to sit up, even the area boys that were factionalised begins to close ranks because the other faction hoping to use PDP to overthrow MC Oluomo suddenly became disoriented because PDP lost the presidential election so they all decided to work for APC.

Jimi never played tribal politics, rather it was those against him that united against him on tribal grounds because he was the favorite of most non indigenes.

I see nothing wrong in non indigenes supporting him. It's their choice. For a highly cosmopolitan state like Lagos it is normal for non indigenes to play significant part in elections.

On the leaflets, I didn't see it. But from the reports about it, it could not have come from Jimi. It looked manipulative in intent.

However let ambode be. He is in charge now.

1 Like

Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by Dbboy(m): 5:21pm On Oct 03, 2015
giantstrides:

Grow up dude, why are you conversing in capital letters ?

So what does conversing in capital letter actually signifies to you, because to me it changes nothing.
Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by Dbboy(m): 5:26pm On Oct 03, 2015
[quote author=rhymaster post=38624380]

It's rude shouting at everyone to make a good point, how much a silly one! Learn some internet manners and stop writing in all caps! It's rude and pretty silly![/quote

SO CAPITAL LETTERS ACTUALLY SHOUT AT ONE, That's my first, I GUESS I WOULD USE IT MORE OFTEN TO "SHOUT" DOWN SOME IDIOTS LIKE YOU THAT THINK I CARE ABOUT HOW INSECURE YOU ARE, TO THE POINT OF SEEING AN INSULT WHEN ONE WASNT INTENDED.

1 Like

Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by tallerhuge: 5:41pm On Oct 03, 2015
change49ja:
Failure is not an option for Governor Ambode. What people don't understand is that, Ambode inherited thousands of on-going massive projects from ex-Governor Fashola and the most sensible thing to do as a new governor is to consolidate on those projects. There's no need to start new projects in your first 100 days in office (especially when there are scarce resources/funds) when there are other thousands of on-going projects begging to be finished.
The problem we have with our leaders in Nigeria is that, newly elected government always like to start their new projects, abandoning inherited projects thereby uselessly wasting public funds.
For Lagos, this is not the case. If Ambode failed to consolidate on those projects, I'm very sure he'll not finish his first term.
Ambode looks like he's overwhelmed by Lagos.A road project by Fashola near my area in Akowonjo has long be abandoned after swearing IN and routine road maintenance has gone to sleep
Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by magicminister: 7:01pm On Oct 03, 2015
[quote author=Dbboy post=38633901][/quote]

Bro take it easy loool.
We are all passionate about our country and its only right for us to have divergent views and ideologies. We should respect the opinions and choices of everybody...

Bless!
Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by StOla: 7:55pm On Oct 03, 2015
ndcide:

Jimi never played tribal politics, rather it was those against him that united against him on tribal grounds because he was the favorite of most non indigenes.

I see nothing wrong in non indigenes supporting him. It's their choice. For a highly cosmopolitan state like Lagos it is normal for non indigenes to play significant part in elections.

On the leaflets, I didn't see it. But from the reports about it, it could not have come from Jimi. It looked manipulative in intent.

However let ambode be. He is in charge now.

Jimi never played tribal politics?

You must have been living on Mars at that time.

PDP’s formula for victory both in Lagos and even the presidential was hinged on tribal politics especially for the support of the non indigenous population in every state that tilted towards APC.

Many months after, Jonathan still attempted tribal politics in his ethnically homogeneous state of Bayelsa, saying people should vote for PDP because it is an Ijaw party.

Is the candidate of APC in the Bayelsa governiship election supposed to be Igbo or Kanuri?

Please let's not fool ourselves, Jimi put himself in the losing camp.
Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by shizzy7(f): 8:03pm On Oct 03, 2015
A REAL FAILURE

He thinks 4yrs is still far,
He needs to beg Fashola to teach him

HE'S CURRENTLY CLUELESS
If he Continues like this,,
PDP will win the next election,, if they pick a good candidate...
Re: I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: by solonazzy: 8:09pm On Oct 03, 2015
biafranking:
For over 5months now,lagos state is dry and it look like we have no governor in theit state.
Southwest wake up
Wake up o.

To your tent oh israel..
Nah, we gave him d benefit of a doubt to continue d blue print of fashola..... Under d same platform n working conditions in which fashola excelled with..... It's just few months.... U can't conclude yet

(1) (2) (Reply)

GOD IS GOOD / Breaking News: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 20,000 People In Plateau / Photo : Victoria Nyeche Crying At The River State House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.