Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps (36525 Views)

Ongoing Protest Against Senators In Minna (Photos) / Saraki: CCB Member Says Chairman Breached Bureau’s Procedure / Saraki's CCB Trial Live On Channels TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by kennybabs1980: 8:15am On Oct 03, 2015
•Bureau scrutinises records of ex-govs,others •Northern lawmakers under pressure
Written by:
Taiwo Adisa - Abuja

.It emerged on Friday that despite the perceived rapprochement between the Presidency and the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, a move aimed at splitting Saraki’s support base in the Senate and the House of Representatives has been flagged off.

Investigations by Saturday Tribune showed that the Code of Conduct Bureau, which keeps the records of public officers, has commenced the vetting of the records submitted by senators and members of the House of Representatives.

Investigations revealed further that the Bureau is concentrating on new Senators and Rep members while the files of former governors in the Senate is also being examined.

It was gathered that the leadership of the Bureau had set aside the forms submitted by Senators and members of the House of Representatives following the hype over their investigation by the CCB.

It was learnt that aside from keeping the files away from the prying eyes of the public, the Bureau has also commenced detailed scrutiny of the files to determine those that would be referred to the Code of Conduct Tribunal.

An alarm was raised last week, following the commencement of the trial of Saraki at the CCT but the Bureau, through its spokesperson, Iyabo Akinwale, insisted on Monday that the CCB was not specially investigating anyone.

When contacted, Akinwale said, “I am not aware of anything like that.”

Investigations, however, revealed that the files of former governors in the Senate have come under scrutiny, while that if newly elected senators and Rep members are also being examined.

A source said that the experience of the CCB has confirmed that newly elected persons into office have the tendency of making faulty and anticipatory declarations.

The source said that the powers of the CCB have been renewed through the Criminal Administration law which was passed under the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan.

The source said that the Bureau is already planning to operate under the auspices of the CCT Act and the Criminal Administration Act to ensure it barks and bite at the same time.

“The Bureau will not overlook infractions to the law just because some persons are making a noise in the media. A number of newly elected senators and former governors already have their files separated for further action. It is being vowed that some of those who are seen as making anticipatory declarations are not to be treated as having made mistakes,” the source said.

When asked why the focus is on members of the National Assembly, the source insisted that the Bureau should start from somewhere, adding that its officials believe they can now operate better with the Criminal Justice Administration Act.

Sources in Abuja also told Saturday Tribune that lawmakers from the North who are backing Saraki have come under intense pressure from the people who are already seeing them as working against the interests President Buhari.

Family members of some of the lawmakers are said to have started forwarding messages of threat to their lives to the lawmakers, who believe however that the Buhari-Saraki saga would end soon.

www.tribuneonlineng.com/saraki-ccb-fresh-move-against-senators-reps

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by austentero: 8:16am On Oct 03, 2015
You forgot to add your source

OK noted, Tribune.

Wao!!! I finally made FTC today, Congrats to INTROVERT and LadyF for finally securing a Job, if not who am I to make FTC. This also to confirm FTC is for Jobless people as I have not been going to work due to sick leave.

Nigeria shall be great

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by forgiveness: 8:16am On Oct 03, 2015
This is becoming interesting.

1 Like

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by kennybabs1980: 8:17am On Oct 03, 2015
Pa Chukwudi, where art thou?

11 Likes

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by AlPeter: 8:20am On Oct 03, 2015
Kai, this season film sweet pass 24, the tin just dey totori mi pass Game of Thrones walahi. Jail them all! Hope still dey I fit enter NA

20 Likes

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by kasmail(m): 8:22am On Oct 03, 2015
K
Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by madridguy(m): 8:23am On Oct 03, 2015
Call it witch haunting or better still Ogbanje haunting Nigeria must grow and weed out every corrupt official. Change is really sweet like potato.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by Aufbauh(m): 8:24am On Oct 03, 2015
The Bureau will not overlook the infractions of the law just because Chukwudi44 & Co are making a noise on nairaland.
"Think no vice so small that you may commit it, and that no virtue so small that you may overlook it"-Confucius

Say NO to faulty and anticipatory declaration of assets to avoid the HUNTERS of witches as you may call it.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by omenka(m): 8:26am On Oct 03, 2015
The truth is, had every successive government since 99 been "witch hunting" corrupt government officials, perhaps we'd have been in the league of nations such as New Zealand in terms of corruption perception index.

CCB, Buhari et al have my unflinching support in this witch hunting campaign.

110 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 03, 2015
Nigeria is becoming more interesting.

just watch, more commoners will have a smile permanently fixed on their faces at the rate at which this is going.

nothing gratifies the soul more than knowing that the man at the top has got your back as a "commoner".

God bless Nigeria.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by ki02020(m): 8:27am On Oct 03, 2015
Hmmmm......a fight between THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE URGLY....victory for the THE GOOD defeat for the latters

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by giantstrides(m): 9:23am On Oct 03, 2015
I pity those stupid nothern senators supporting Saraki, 2019 is not far away , and Nigerians don't forget easily anymore.

14 Likes

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by PassingShot(m): 9:29am On Oct 03, 2015
Wailers will not like this but we don't give a fvck. Do we?

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by kennybabs1980: 9:39am On Oct 03, 2015
The likes of Pa Chukwudi would soon become irrelevant in Nigeria, PMB please continue the witch hunt, cheers!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 03, 2015
one by one all corrupt leaders must go down! Nigeria must be great again..mehn i love this witch-hunting, it is so far the sweetest since 1999

19 Likes

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by sammyj: 9:49am On Oct 03, 2015
This is a welcome development since we have many Saraki's in that National assembly which is why they are backing the Senate president on this asset saga. Before I forget I am calling out the wailing wailers to come and eat their regular food. !! shocked grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by kennybabs1980: 9:54am On Oct 03, 2015
Ioannes:

just watch, more commoners will have a smile permanently fixed on their faces at the rate at which this is going.

nothing gratifies the soul more than knowing that the man at the top has got your back as a "commoner".

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by Ghandi12: 10:23am On Oct 03, 2015
I have a solve-it-all hypothesis for myriad of Nigeria problems. Just gather and put away all past and present Nigeria leaders with proven corruption for 6 months - I prophesy the peace and tranquility that will follow will be legendary.

sammyj:
This is a welcome development since we have many Saraki's in that National assembly which is why they are backing the Senate president on this asset saga. Before I forget I am calling out... grin

Ioannes:
God bless Nigeria.

madridguy:
Call it witch haunting or better still Ogbanje haunting Nigeria must grow and weed out every corrupt official. Change is really sweet like potato.

omenka:
The truth is, had every successive government since 99 been "witch hunting" corrupt government officials, perhaps we'd have been in the league of nations such as New Zealand in terms of corruption perception index.
CCB, Buhari et al have my unflinching support in this witch hunting campaign.

6 Likes

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by fulanimafia: 10:33am On Oct 03, 2015
There is no hiding place for corrupt elements under President Muhammadu Buhari.

Chukwudi44 take notes.

19 Likes

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by Rawani: 10:34am On Oct 03, 2015
Let the 'witchunt' continue, the Sinators should be thoroughly sniffed and smoked out.

Enough of the nauseating support for corruption, Nigerians have had enough.

File 001 - Stella Oduah
File 002 - Sani Yerima
File 003 - Godswill Akpabio

22 Likes

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by emmanuel596(m): 10:34am On Oct 03, 2015
I read and couldn't understand anything
Pls were was ccb/cct in the past 16years

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by Mogidi: 10:34am On Oct 03, 2015
CCB has now become Buhari's personal attack dog, to use on perceived opponents?.

Will the ever increasing probes put food on our tables, will it increase electricity production, will it uplift the economy?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by Dottore: 10:34am On Oct 03, 2015
Too long. Can someone tell who is next to be indicted

1 Like

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 03, 2015
h
Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by Viktor1983(m): 10:34am On Oct 03, 2015
Siddon dey look.
Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by globalresource: 10:34am On Oct 03, 2015
Lobatan shocked where are the witch hunter wailers.. .they will wail and wail and pass it on to next generation

Believe me.. .change has come. This is it!

Advice for wailers, better port now and join the victory team.

Let join hands together with the President to fight the monster called corruption. Remember it is the number one enemy of this great Nation

Naija shall be great again

5 Likes

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by ERAKAMUS: 10:35am On Oct 03, 2015
Instead of them to map out modalities on how to tackle BokoHaram and FulaniHeardmen they are here after shadow,

Nigeria is Bleeding they keep distracting the Gullibles.

4 Likes

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by yomalex(m): 10:35am On Oct 03, 2015
Getting Hot
Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 03, 2015
Good move!! This would further unite the senators against their common enemy!!

3 Likes

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 03, 2015
Smiling in my sleep as I know that "chimmuanya".

Nigeria is now in capable hands.....

Sai Buhari grin

I would like to see the following new comer files:

1. Oduah
2. Liyel
3. Orji
4. Suswam
5. Akpabio
6. Kasamu

To mention a few....

10 Likes

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by fulanimafia: 10:35am On Oct 03, 2015
Rawani:
CHANGE everywhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by klevjey: 10:36am On Oct 03, 2015
is it true that timaya is a virgin?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Suntai's Daughter, Mariya, Set To Wed / President Tinubu, Okonjo Iweala Meet In Aso Rock / Buhari Wins Kogi With 60% Votes - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.