Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,556 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday (25062 Views)

NJC Bars Publication Of Petitions Against Judges / Senators Investigating Petitions Against The Ministerial Nominees (Photos) / Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Begins On Oct 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 03, 2015
[b]
The Senate will start receiving petitions against President Muhammadu Buhari’s ministerial nominees on Tuesday.

The Chairman, Senate Committee on Ethics and Public Petitions, Senator Samuel Anyanwu, told one of our correspondents on Friday in Abuja that the committee would give the petitions prompt attention once they were presented.

He said as of Friday, no member of the public had formally submitted any petition against any of the ministerial nominees.

Buhari sent the list containing the names of the ministerial nominees to the senate on Wednesday for screening.

But Anyanwu noted that the committee might start receiving petitions as from Tuesday when the list would have been officially unveiled by the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki.

He said, “We have not been receiving petitions from members of the public obviously because the list of ministerial nominees has not been officially unveiled by the senate president.

“I think the petitions will start coming in as from next Tuesday after Nigerians would have known the nominees.”

Meanwhile, investigations by Saturday PUNCH revealed that some Peoples Democratic Party-controlled states have been warming up to oppose the clearance of any All Progressives Congress member that would make the list from their states.

Apart from this, some aggrieved members of the APC in some states were also said to have threatened to write petitions against any nominee that is not confirmed by the state chapter of the party as a member.

It was gathered that the Rivers State Government and the state chapter of the party had concluded plans to oppose a former governor of the state, Rotimi Amaechi, if he was nominated.

It was learnt that the state government might instruct senators from the state to oppose Amaechi’s nomination.

But when contacted, the state government and the PDP said they would prefer to keep mum on the report that Amaechi’s name was on the ministerial list.

The Media Assistant to the State Governor, Mr. Simeon Nwakaudu, said the state government would take a position after the senate must have read out the list on Tuesday.

Nwakaudu explained that everything about the content of the ministerial list would be mere speculation until it is read out by the National Assembly.

“Let the list be read first; if the list comes out, we will formerly take a position,” he said.

Similarly, the State PDP Deputy Publicity Secretary, Mr. Samuel Nwanosike, said the party would be thorough in its position on whether Amaechi’s name appeared on the list or not, but would have to wait until the Senate read out the list on Tuesday.

“When the Senate reads out the list, we will react. We are always thorough when we take a position on an issue. They said it is the Senate that will disclose the content of the list and that will be on Tuesday. We are waiting for them to do that,” Nwanosike added.

Besides Amaechi, those who were reported to be on the ministerial list included a former Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola; his Ekiti State counterpart, Dr. Kayode Fayemi; a former Governor of Anambra State, Chris Ngige; and a one-time Governor of Abia State, Ogbonaya Onu and an ex- former finance commissioner in Ogun State, Kunle Adeosun.

A Senior Advocate of Nigeria and former National Legal Adviser to the defunct Congress for Progressives Change, Malami Abubakar; a former governorship candidate of the APC in Taraba State, Aisha Alhassan; and a special adviser to the Secretary-General of the United Nations, Amina Mohammed, also made the ministerial list.

However, the   founder, Engineer Sunday Adebayo Babalola Foundation, Mr. Sunday Babalola, and the Director of International Women Communication, Hajia Goroso Limota, urged the senate to thoroughly screen the nominees.

While Babalola spoke at Omu Aran, Kwara State on Friday during the inauguration of N2m scholarship to some students in secondary and tertiary institutions from Omu-Aran, Limota spoke in an interview with one of our correspondents in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital, during the inauguration of the sustainable development goals among grassroots women.

Babalola cautioned against using religion, gender, tribe and other sentiments, instead of competence and merit, as yardstick for screening the nominees.

Limota urged the senate to reject the list if it did not contain at least 35 per cent of women[/b]

http://www.punchng.com/news/ministerial-list-submission-of-petitions-against-nominees-begins-tuesday/

Cc lalasticlala

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by fratermathy(m): 11:17am On Oct 03, 2015
I place my bet on the fact that no one will even petition against the nominees. Such senator may likely face a backlash from the house and the public.

In any case, I wish the nominees well and hope they help PMB make a better Nigeria for our common good.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by ERAKAMUS: 11:19am On Oct 03, 2015
Same old Thieves.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by omogin(f): 11:24am On Oct 03, 2015
Instead of technocrats buhari went for looting politicians. Big mistake. Obj and tinubu must have advised him wrongly, lol

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by joncom(m): 11:41am On Oct 03, 2015
If the names being speculated are true, then this list is just waste of time. I am deducing the following;
1. Either Buhari was forced to have them on the list?
2. Or he included them so as to fulfil is promise to them, then they will get screened out by the senate or petitioners so that his real ministers will be installed?
3. I see some heavy politricking here, because even Buhari knows that majority of the names being peddled are far from been saints. They are too stained to be in His cabinet.
Just being candid.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by Tonnierichy(m): 2:00pm On Oct 03, 2015
So tell me how the country will move forward when the opposition will evenyually start submitting petitions?! there's hardly a way you won't find fault in anyone's past....even Buhari had his own terrible past!! They asked for #The list not because they want to see d government in power excel but to see something to critisize....Even If Jesus Christ emerges as a minister, the opposition will still find fault!! This country though!! undecided

Everyone must understand something that if Buhari appoints Okonjo Iweala today, she will deliver....cos she knows d kinda person she's working for....and d@ applies to all the ministers he has appointed!!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by omusiliyu(m): 2:00pm On Oct 03, 2015
Amaechi is more of a blues than a gooner grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by eyesofgod: 2:01pm On Oct 03, 2015
Good.
To all and sundry, this is the time to air your view on the suitability or otherwise of each of the nominee before the nuptial cord is tied. And, thereafter, everyone should join hands in mending the broken appendages of this fallen giant.
Only a lazy farmer keeps using the weather, all the time, as an excuse for having poor harvests.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by pleiades45: 2:01pm On Oct 03, 2015
cool
Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by damton(m): 2:01pm On Oct 03, 2015
ok.
Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by Icecomrade: 2:01pm On Oct 03, 2015
Hh
Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by osaslord500(m): 2:01pm On Oct 03, 2015
K
Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by Tenim47(m): 2:01pm On Oct 03, 2015
If buhari reali made d list, i dnt smell any petition
Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by jmoore(m): 2:02pm On Oct 03, 2015
Names with no portfolio.

There is no list yet.
Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by freedom96: 2:02pm On Oct 03, 2015
omogin:
Instead of technocrats buhari went for looting politicians. Big mistake. Obj and tinubu must have advised him wrongly, lol
saraki is ur dad,u checked the list while he was asleep.Ryt ,lol sad

3 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by shammah1(m): 2:02pm On Oct 03, 2015
Nice
Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by kennyman2000(m): 2:03pm On Oct 03, 2015
Hmmmm.. While i see this as a good development as this will stylishly enable the cancellation of some corrupt names but this will also waste time and probably warrant postponement of the ministerials announcement.. Just my opinion.

Check my signature for ur customised wristband

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by Seunaj05(m): 2:03pm On Oct 03, 2015
I perceive that Sen. Anyanwu is a Naira Lander, I hereby tender my petition for the removal of the following nominees:
1. Ameachi - answering corruption related charges and mismanagement of public fund
2. Fashola - teaming up with corrupt leaders like Tinubu to siphon Tax Payer Money, while in office
3. Feyemi- found guilty by the law court for manipulation and rigging of election result. We need Saints to replace these ppl irrespective of their state of origin, ethnicity or believes. All we need is credibility, after all.

7 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 03, 2015
cool I just wwanted to comment and get likes

1 Like

Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by bonechamberlain(m): 2:05pm On Oct 03, 2015
very cluless govt look at how a big country like ours is being kept in suspense as a result of a recycled political list which the president said is made up of noise makers.. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by Dottore: 2:05pm On Oct 03, 2015
Petitions ni prayer point kor
Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by sanandreas(m): 2:06pm On Oct 03, 2015
Recycled politicians. We need technocrats.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by nationwide1(m): 2:06pm On Oct 03, 2015
From the way it is going, we may not have functional ministers until July 2016.
Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by missKiffy(f): 2:06pm On Oct 03, 2015
We shall see till Tuesday
Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by Amanwulu1(m): 2:07pm On Oct 03, 2015
Welcome to speculative journalism. I don't think any serious minded person will like to b blamed 4 PMB failure, incase.
Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by Dannyset(m): 2:07pm On Oct 03, 2015
Rubbish talk.
What happened when Senators from Lagos State and other SW States opposed the appointment of Koro? Didn't the Senate President overruled them unjustly? People should stop giving themselves unnecessary joy thinking Saraki that is still seeking the good face of the President would against any of these nominees.

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by CharlesPhc: 2:07pm On Oct 03, 2015
He said, “We have not been receiving petitions from members of the public obviously because the list of ministerial nominees has not been officially unveiled by the senate president.

29th September, 2015
The Nigerian Senate.
Attn Senators: Rivers East Senatorial District,
Rivers West Senatorial District,
Rivers South-East Senatorial District,
Distinguished Senators Sirs
PASSIONATE APPEAL TO DISQUALIFY & RESTRAIN FORMER GOVERNOR ROTIMI AMAECHI FROM BEING SCREENED BY THE SENATE.
I humbly and respectfully make this passionate appeal as a bonafide son of Rivers State specifically from Omoku Town in Ogba Egbema Ndoni Local Government Area. I am not a politician neither am I a registered member or sympathizer of any political party or interest group in Rivers State but a concerned Rivers Son who just believes that based on common sense and morality, the person of the former Governor of Rivers State; Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi should be disqualified, restrained and prevented from the much expected Senate screening if eventually his name (as being speculated) makes the President’s list of Ministerial nominees to be screened by the Upper Legislative Chambers anytime soon.
Sirs, as representatives of the people of Rivers State in the Hallowed Chambers of the Nigerian Senate, we count on your God’s given wisdom to ensure the right thing is always done at whatever level or circumstance irrespective of who is involved. Recall Sirs, how we were all witnesses to the fact that before the former governor left the helm of affairs of the State, every facet of work Force, contractors and students studying abroad to mention but a few were owed huge salary arrears. Government indebtedness was the order of the day. Failed monorail project, closure of the Courts, highhandedness and flagrant disobedience of the Judicial Commission of Enquiry etc were the ‘parting kiss’ the former governor gave the people of the state who voted him and supported his administration for more than 7 years.
Sirs, while I personally believe the former governor has the right to belong to any political party of his choice, I don’t believe he still holds the moral justification to sit in the Federal Executive Council (FEC) as a representative of the State according to the Federal Character Clause as enshrined in our constitution.
We the good and peace-loving people of Rivers State would therefore be counting on you to do the needful and allow justice to prevail over injustice in your own little way by ensuring he is disqualified speedily and asap.
Please accept the assurances of my highest regard…!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by Simitrendy: 2:07pm On Oct 03, 2015
It was gathered that the Rivers State Government
and the state chapter of the party had concluded
plans to oppose a former governor of the state,
Rotimi Amaechi, if he was nominated. My question is that What's Nyesom Wike problem over Amaechi. Now I see no reason why the Lion of Ubima won't be a Minister.

3 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by Enesi47: 2:07pm On Oct 03, 2015
Allah! If they try that rubbish, buhari will run he 4years without ministers
Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by edwife(f): 2:09pm On Oct 03, 2015
1.Dr. Chris Ngige (Anambra)

2. Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti) undecided undecided

3. Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers) undecided undecided

4. Babatunde Fashola (Lagos)

5. Abdurrahman Dambazau (rtd) (Kano)

6. Aisha AlHassan (Taraba)

7. Ogbonaya Onu (Abia) undecided undecided

8. Kemi Adeosun (Ogun)

9. Abubakar Malami SAN (Kebbi)

10. Senator Sirika Hadi (Katsina)

11. Barrister Adebayo Shittu (Oyo)

12. Sulaiman Adamu (Jigawa)

13. Solomon Dalong (Plateau)

14.Ibe Kachikwu (Delta) GMD, NNPC

15. Osagie Ehanire (Edo

17. Udoma Udo-Udoma (Akwa Ibom)

18. Ahmed Isa Ibeto (Niger)

19. Ibrahim Jibril

20. Audu Ogbeh (Benue)

21. Amina Mohammed (Kaduna)

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday by nerodenero: 2:09pm On Oct 03, 2015
Nawa for these polithiefcians.

All these are mind games by polithiefcians to shift attention from the main issue being the fact that majority of them are corrupt to unnecessary issues as being reported here.

On one hand, CCB is there, threatening indirectly and still saddened that many Sinators passed a vote of confidence on Sarakill. The polithiefcians also know that CCB are already on their trail to also pull them to the dock, to answer questions like their master Sarakill.

On the other hand, Sarakill is already humbled by his powerful friends, PMB and Buje bu danu inclusive, and would be willing to do anything to make them Happy to safe face and name. One sure way to achieve that for now is by allowing all the noisemakers scale through the senate hurdle. After achieving this, expect consultations, negotiations, pleading etc to continue with powerful friends in order to keep Senate President's seat.

The abracadabra continues in the ever exciting world of Nigeria politics. Stick around as Tuesdays and days ahead would be interesting.

Fingers crossed and watching using my binoculars to view Abuja from a distance grin grin.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo And APC Governors Land In Kebbi For Policy Synergy Parley (photos) / 'Buhari Tower' Abuja Named After President Muhammadu Buhari / Festus Marinho Is Dead: First NNPC MD Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.