Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? (1975 Views)

Isaiah 4:1, 7 Women Begging A Man To Marry Them - Sets Facebook On Fire / Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real / Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by BlackrulesDworld(m): 3:17pm On Oct 03, 2015
KJV: I formed the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the lord do all this things.

NIV: I formed the light and create darkness: I bring prosperity and create disaster: I, the lord do all these thing.

NLT: I create the light and make the darkness. I send good times and bad times. I, the lord, am the one who does all these things.

ASV: I form the light, and create darkness. I make peace, and create evil. I'm jehovah, that doeth all these thing.

In this passage God is saying he makes peace and form creates evil. This is an unresolved verse that 99% of the men of god don't talk about.

This passage literally makes God sound awful, what loving creator would bring disaster on his subjects/creation.

For what reason does God create evil? Is it not unethical to worship a being who is directly responsible for human suffering?

Why do we praise him for his blessings, but not equally criticize him for his shortcomings?

If God is all powerful, all loving, all knowing being as believed by some religious sects why does he create evil for what he creates?

Isn't it weird that God allows suffering to exist, allow satan to run around tempting his creation?

God knowingly and intentionally created a world where people would suffer. He brought people into existence to have them subjected to misery. God could end suffering and did not, is that not Gods fault?

He could have created a world with evil knowing fully well that satan will go against his wish, nothing exist that was never created God created satan, satan learned pride from his master called God or from where did he learned pride from?

If God created all, was pride a creation of satan or God?

He could have created a world without evil, but he didn't not which means God is responsible for the presence of evil and that raises important questions.

Cc: hahn, jonnydon22 and all erudites...

2 Likes

Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by Blakjewelry(m): 3:27pm On Oct 03, 2015
The passage is self explanatory

2 Likes

Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by thorpido(m): 4:46pm On Oct 03, 2015
The original Hebrew word translated as 'evil' more appropriately means adversity,punishments,trials etc.
You need to read in context to understand.

1 Like

Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by hahn(m): 6:12pm On Oct 03, 2015
All the personalities of the different gods were all thought up by men and that is why it always seems that the more god is presented he seems more and more to possess our weakness and strengths.

For god to be perfect, he can't be all knowing and at the same time claim to be ignorant of the fact that the devil was going to revolt. He can't be all loving and still create hardhsip, suffering etc.

Op, the verse you have come up with only shows how primitive the men who invented the god concept were because most religious texts are full with inconsistencies and contradictions. A classic example of "shooting yourself in the foot"

Frank317, johnnydon22 & freecocoa wink, menesheh, plaetton, atheist101, etc

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by menesheh(m): 6:33pm On Oct 03, 2015
hahn:
All the personalities of the different gods were all thought up by men and that is why it always seems that the more god is presented he seems more and more to possess our weakness and strengths.

For god to be perfect, he can't be all knowing and at the same time claim to be ignorant of the fact that the devil was going to revolt. He can't be all loving and still create hardhsip, suffering etc.

Op, the verse you have come up with only shows how primitive the men who invented the god concept were because most religious texts are full with inconsistencies and contradictions. A classic example of "shooting yourself in the foot"

Frank317, johnnydon22 & freecocoa wink, menesheh, plaetton, atheist101, etc

The bible can be twisted anyway. Since such can happen to a claimed divine holy book by men with different interpretations and still such a god couldn't interfere, it goes a long way to portraying how it could all be a made-up story.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by Scholar8200(m): 6:56pm On Oct 03, 2015
BlackrulesDworld:
KJV: I formed the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the lord do all this things.

NIV: I formed the light and create darkness: I bring prosperity and create disaster: I, the lord do all these thing.

NLT: I create the light and make the darkness. I send good times and bad times. I, the lord, am the one who does all these things.

ASV: I form the light, and create darkness. I make peace, and create evil. I'm jehovah, that doeth all these thing.

In this passage God is saying he makes peace and form creates evil. This is an unresolved verse that 99% of the men of god don't talk about.

This passage literally makes God sound awful, what loving creator would bring disaster on his subjects/creation.

For what reason does God create evil? Is it not unethical to worship a being who is directly responsible for human suffering?

Why do we praise him for his blessings, but not equally criticize him for his shortcomings?

If God is all powerful, all loving, all knowing being as believed by some religious sects why does he create evil for what he creates?

Isn't it weird that God allows suffering to exist, allow satan to run around tempting his creation?

God knowingly and intentionally created a world where people would suffer. He brought people into existence to have them subjected to misery. God could end suffering and did not, is that not Gods fault?

He could have created a world with evil knowing fully well that satan will go against his wish, nothing exist that was never created God created satan, satan learned pride from his master called God or from where did he learned pride from?

He could have created a world without evil, but he didn't not which means God is responsible for the presence of evil and that raises important questions.

Well I am not an erudite in your context, but just as God creates darkness by withdrawing the Light so also evil is created when His Goodness is withdrawn!
The creation to whom the latter first happened to was created as described thus:
''thou art the anointed cherub...thou wast perfect in all thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee...
Ezekiel 28:14a,15
He was perfect till he chose his own path and all the glory and beauty were withdrawn. The result? A hideous monster! Hence it is not as though God intentionally created an evil being neither was it according to His purpose.
A similar thing happened to Nebuchadnezzar but he was restored after 7 years (Daniel 4)

3 Likes

Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by hahn(m): 6:59pm On Oct 03, 2015
Scholar8200:

Well I am not an erudite

Actually you are. smiley
Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by freecocoa(f): 7:23pm On Oct 03, 2015
Are we even still asking? It's all too clear by now.
Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by cold(m): 9:38pm On Oct 03, 2015
Prepare for the mental gymnastics. 'A carnal mind can never understand matters of the spirit'. 'The bible should not be taken literally (sukkot's favorite)', '@op,you need to read the bible with an open mind and ask the holy spirit to guide you','that was in the old testament' lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by malvisguy212: 10:47pm On Oct 03, 2015
BlackrulesDworld:

is evil really a created thing ? Which translations, translated it evil ? King James version , right ? You cannot see ,smell or hear evil , you cannot touch it either, It is not one of the fundamental forces of physics.

The king James version uses an archaic version of modern English,which doesn't
necessarily mean the same things today
as when it was translated over 400 years ago. In addition, the KJV was produced using a limited number of
medieval manuscripts that did not
represent the earliest Alexandrian set of manuscripts.

Here is modern translations:
1.Isaiah 45:7.NASB
The One forming light and creating
darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these.

Darkness is the opposite of light. However, evil is not the opposite of peace. The Hebrew word translated "peace" is shalom, which has many meanings, mostly related to the well being of individuals. Râ‛âh,the Hebrew
word translated "evil" in the KJV often
refers to adversity or calamity. There are two forms of the word. Strong's H7451a most often refers to moral
evil, whereas Strong's H7451b (the form
used here) most often refers to calamity or distress. Obviously, "calamity" is a better antonym of "peace" than "evil."

The verse following indicates that
people should not complain in view of
their sins.What the verse really is saying that God decrees times of good things and times of judgment (calamity).

1 Like

Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 04, 2015
thorpido:
The original Hebrew word translated as 'evil' more appropriately means adversity,punishments,trials etc.

stop trying to edit the '"word of God" he created evil that's what's he says. some Christians can be so biased ehn.
freecocoa come and help me talk sense into this nigger abeg
Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by thorpido(m): 2:40pm On Oct 04, 2015
sexfabregas:

stop trying to edit the '"word of God" he created evil that's what's he says. some Christians can be so biased ehn.
freecocoa come and help me talk sense into this nigger abeg
Freecocoa is your teacher?
You accuse me of trying to edit the bible?Do you know those words were written in Hebrew and were translated?Have you tried to research what was written in the original context?
You guys in your ignorance just read the english bible and you stop there.The Bible itself admonishes us to 'study'.Have you gone beyond elementary knowledge?I doubt cause you need freecocoa to lead you.
Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by freecocoa(f): 2:51pm On Oct 04, 2015
thorpido:
You accuse me of trying to edit the bible?Do you know those words were written in Hebrew and were translated?Have you tried to research what was written in the original context?
You guys in your ignorance just read the english bible and you stop there.The Bible itself admonishes us to 'study'.Have you gone beyond elementary knowledge?I doubt cause you need freecocoa to lead you.
Lets take it down a notch with the cocoa mentioning, he hasn't in any way implied I am his teacher nor leader, he was only yanking your chains.
Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by thorpido(m): 3:06pm On Oct 04, 2015
freecocoa:
Lets take it down a notch with the cocoa mentioning, he hasn't in any way implied I am his teacher nor leader, he was only yanking your chains.

I ain't got no chains.I was born free.
Sorry for the mention.He mentioned you and that was why I put your name.
Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by freecocoa(f): 3:11pm On Oct 04, 2015
thorpido:
I ain't got no chains.I was born free.
Sorry for the mention.He mentioned you and that was why I put your name.
Lol, funny.

It's cool.
Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 04, 2015
thorpido:

lol my nigger to I'm going to believe you will make heaven Co's if you don't. with all this your holy e-war it will be a huge shame

1 Like

Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by SonOfEl(m): 5:12pm On Oct 04, 2015
Satan brought evil by his own freewill. God was not ignorant of it, however since he created Satan , he takes responsibility for creating evil. HOWEVER, AN APPOINTED DAY HAS BEEN SET FOR EVIL TO BE DESTROYED. UNTIL THEN, EVERYONE'S FREEWILL WILL BE PUT TO THE ULTIMATE TEST AS WELL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by thorpido(m): 7:11pm On Oct 04, 2015
sexfabregas:

lol my nigger to I'm going to believe you will make heaven Co's if you don't. with all this your holy e-war it will be a huge shame
Surely working out my salvation.I pray you make it too.
Better to believe and find out it's not true than not to believe and find out it's true.
Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by Horus(m): 5:36pm On Mar 23, 2023
Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil?

Because the God of the Bible created Evil
Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by Kobojunkie: 10:27pm On Mar 23, 2023
SonOfEl:
■ Satan brought evil
■ by his own freewill.
■ God was not ignorant of it, however since he created Satan , he takes responsibility for creating evil.
■ HOWEVER, AN APPOINTED DAY HAS BEEN SET FOR EVIL TO BE DESTROYED. UNTIL THEN, EVERYONE'S FREEWILL WILL BE PUT TO THE ULTIMATE TEST AS WELL.
1. Brought evil from where abeg? undecided

2. And how exactly did Satan acquire this free will you easily bestow on him in the world that was supposedly created by God alone? undecided

3. You are kidding, right? God didn't create Evil but because God created Satan, God then had to be blamed for all that Satan created. So, Satan has the ability to create the same as God? undecided

4. Free will will be put to test? Abeg, where una dey get these una ideas from cause none of it comes close to what is in fact stated in scripture? undecided

1 Like

Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by jaephoenix(m): 12:26am On Mar 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:

2. And how exactly did Satan acquire this free will you easily bestow on him in the world that was supposedly created by God alone? undecided

3. You are kidding, right? God didn't create Evil but because God created Satan, God then had to be blamed for all that Satan created. So, Satan has the ability to create the same as God? undecided

4. Free will will be put to test? Abeg, where una dey get these una ideas from cause none of it comes close to what is in fact stated in scripture? undecided
The way you twist and turn something that is black and white is interesting. The verse clearly stated Yahweh created evil. But somehow, you still say he didn't. I prefer your atheist part to your theist part. At least that part understands English language
Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by SonOfEl(m): 1:48pm On Apr 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Satan created evil by making a wrong choice. If you designed an automated machine to work in a certain way, and you discover it's malfunctioning, what do you do? Were you the one who created the malfunction?
Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by Kobojunkie: 2:17pm On Apr 04, 2023
SonOfEl:
■ Satan created evil by making a wrong choice. If you designed an automated machine to work in a certain way, and you discover it's malfunctioning, what do you do? Were you the one who created the malfunction?
1. Where is any of what you claim here recorded I'm scripture? undecided

1 Like

Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by SonOfEl(m): 3:53pm On Apr 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Where is any of what you claim here recorded I'm scripture? undecided

Bible refers Satan as the "Father of lies"

Scripture also says "in him was found iniquity". Look it up please.
Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by sonmvayina(m): 3:58pm On Apr 04, 2023
SonOfEl:

Satan created evil by making a wrong choice. If you designed an automated machine to work in a certain way, and you discover it's malfunctioning, what do you do? Were you the one who created the malfunction?

You might be right...

In the original story, it was Satan(Enlil) that brought the flood. He is the destroyer...I guess too he was the one that asked Abraham to sacrifice his son...
Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by Kobojunkie: 4:16pm On Apr 04, 2023
SonOfEl:
Bible refers Satan as the "Father of lies" Scripture also says "in him was found iniquity". Look it up please.
Ezekiel 28 vs 12 clearly informs you that the one in who iniquity was found is in fact the King of Tyre. undecided
Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by SonOfEl(m): 5:17pm On Apr 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Ezekiel 28 vs 12 clearly informs you that the one in who iniquity was found is in fact the King of Tyre. undecided

Lol.... obviously you don't understand biblical metaphors...I don't have the luxury of explaining certain texts.
Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by Kobojunkie: 5:19pm On Apr 04, 2023
SonOfEl:
■ Lol.... obviously you don't understand biblical metaphors...I don't have the luxury of explaining certain texts.
1. By "biblical metaphors", you mean to state God who Himself declared the dirge/song He sung in that context was to the King of Tyre was being mumu? undecided
Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by SonOfEl(m): 5:21pm On Apr 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. By "biblical metaphors", you mean to state God who Himself declared the dirge/song He sung in that context was to the King of Tyre was being mumu? undecided

Dude I'm working, I shall reply you later. However meet a bible scholar or seasoned pastor, let them explain it to you
Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by Kobojunkie: 5:23pm On Apr 04, 2023
SonOfEl:
■ Dude I'm working, I shall reply you later. However meet a bible scholar or seasoned pastor, let them explain it to you
1. By bible scholar or pastor, I take it you mean anyone who would reject what is literally stated in scripture in order to assert instead the delusions, sorry doctrines, of men in its place ? undecided

Basically, reject God's direct teaching to assert instead the doctrines of men, that is what you cling to?, undecided
Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by jaephoenix(m): 2:10am On Apr 05, 2023
thorpido:
That's a lie
Re: Question For All: Why Does Isaiah 45:7 Say That God Created Evil? by thorpido(m): 5:17pm On Apr 05, 2023
jaephoenix:

That's a lie
Accord to you. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe / What You Never Knew About The Bible/William Shakespeare (shocking & genius) / What God Does For A Living (Yahweh's True Profession)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.