Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,896 members, 7,956,373 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:51 AM

How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt (33820 Views)

Friends Who Study Together Graduate With First Class Together (Photos) / Nigerian Girl Racially Abused In The UK For Her Struggle To Graduate(pics) / OOU Best Graduating student: My Sister Stopped School For Me To Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Shinelle(f): 10:26pm On Oct 08, 2015
Whenever some people see 'First class' on front page, it's like pepper sprayed on their body...... lol

However, aspirants, don't get discouraged , if you aim for the sky you could land at the tallest trees if you don't hit your target...

So long as the "class system" still exists, I sure prefer the word 'first' to 'second' on my paper...

Finally , a good grade is an end in itself (not necessarily a means to an end).. it's no guarantee for future favours. . uve got to work hard at that too! (good thing is, you've got better chances).....

Imagine me running after Usain Bolt and catching up with him...of course that would make nonsense of his 'title'... moral : never relax, strive to outdo your last performance!

wish us all the best!

4 Likes

Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 08, 2015
geniusmedia:
Achieving academic excellence in school is a desire of every student, but laying more emphasy on the fact that academic excellence does not guarantee financial excellence is the most important orientation.

Do not geopardise your entrepreneurial zeal or mindst in the name of "first class"...just find a means of balancing the two.
Nice one @ OP

Proudly a nairalander
I couldn't agree more. Entrepreneurship is the way forward
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 08, 2015
DJBIGGY:

looks like you have never had an experience with lecturers who hate you for no reason and do not want you to get higher CGPA than what they had in their undergraduate days
I had such experience. If you're destined to graduate with first class, no lecturer can deny you of it

1 Like

Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by bwiizy92(m): 10:35pm On Oct 08, 2015
First class From higher institution ? Hell no I don't need it. Never had it cos I never wish and dream about it. The only first class I wish and always want is being a first class citizens of this country. What is the need when at the end of the day Na dangote and adenuga go use u later, peradventure u are even lucky they want to use u else Na teaching job sure pass. Think wise
U have a shallow mindset...the op is just trying to encourage pple and don't knw y pple are always at loggerheads with firstclass...anyway not everyone will eventually become adenuga or dangote...but if u talk about success graduating top of ur class might be a pre-requisite....
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 08, 2015
cuteboy2:

Oga first class. Generally your advice is OK.
However, your grammar and punctuations are a bit below grade. Where did you graduate from?

1. It is wrong grammar to say "my experiences". Just say "my experience"
2. The second word "architecture" should have been "fine art". And it should be followed by the word "either"
Thanks for the correction, I've been trying to modify my post but I haven't been able to do it yet. I'll correct it as soon as possible
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by EroticDesigns: 10:50pm On Oct 08, 2015
geniusmedia:
Achieving academic excellence in school is a desire of every student, but laying more emphasy on the fact that academic excellence does not guarantee financial excellence is the most important orientation.

Do not geopardise your entrepreneurial zeal or mindst in the name of "first class"...just find a means of balancing the two.
Nice one @ OP

Proudly a nairalander

Sorry bros, totally off topic.
Please what's the name of the font you used for your genius media logo?
I've been searching heaven and hell for the font name.

And maybe you shouldn't put birthday and burial side by side cheesy
Thanks!
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by sugah: 10:56pm On Oct 08, 2015
[quote author=adetola007 post=38799687]

Sigh. Bros a lil proof-reading wouldn't killya.
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Agbo19(m): 10:58pm On Oct 08, 2015
emmanuel596:

I guess u no some people assimilate very easily nd I guess u no all jokers are not dumb

The HAND of GOD is upon me
certainly not you
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Akposy(m): 11:40pm On Oct 08, 2015
kelvyn7:

of course smiley i will happily have it grin
Scholarship? Am interested!
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by stevkc: 11:50pm On Oct 08, 2015
GO GREEN, GO SOLAR, INVITE ENERGYWORLD LIMITED
Fossil fuel(eg, petroleum products,petrol and diesel) has come of age and has contributed to environmental pollution and human damages. Talk of the emissions of fossil fuel which have caused ozone layer depletion, green house effect ,climate change and ambient temperature rise.
the world is concerned about the negative effects of fossil fuel emission,that is why we are campaigning for clean air and this can be achieved by going green (using alternative energy supplies). EnergyWorld limited is campaigning for clean air by going into solar energy system installations and maintenance.Nigeria should be at the fore front of encouraging Go green,go solar campaign because we are greatly affected by being in the tropical region of the world where the ambient temperature is already high. lets consider the changes in Nigeria climate condition now,we no longer experience harmattan when due,flooding is on the increase because of the melting of the ocean ice which is as a result of increase in the anbient temperature,sea level is rising.
Contact us ENERGYWORLD limited for solar street installation,solar system for residences,offices,churches,borehole etc, consultancy call 08069487971 or email us on stevkc2007@yahoo.com. we serve you anywhere
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Akposy(m): 11:56pm On Oct 08, 2015
OP. Am still trying to graduate with a first class. My current CGPA is 4.05, i have 2yrs left.
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Akposy(m): 11:57pm On Oct 08, 2015
[quote author=sugah post=38800608][/quote] Bros...can i mention u on monday too?
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by daverebranded(m): 12:01am On Oct 09, 2015
KayTosin10:
Pls,my question is that is it still possible for someone with 4.08 cumulative in 200level to come out with first class,he have only 2years
you have 4.08 and your English looks 2.39, niggers tho

1 Like

Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Nobody: 4:33am On Oct 09, 2015
emmanuel596:
I graduated with 4.69 @ the federal university of technology minna

All I did back den was eat rest, watch movies, roll with babe's and ate pop corn u too can do the same only if u wanna be a nobody for life

Am not a nobody tho
Am typing all dis trash from my well paid office computer
Copy me and see what becomes of ur life grin grin angry grin grin grin
sarcasm at its best here
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Nobody: 4:38am On Oct 09, 2015
Firstclass! Those dudes are lazy in the real world. All they know is book book book. After first degree, thy go for masters. If the school doesn not retain them, they are done for. I'm of my 2.1. If you know what it takes to get a 2.1 in Engineering, you will hail me.

1 Like

Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Phemmmy(m): 5:34am On Oct 09, 2015
In the Journey of looking for Riches,
majority of People have lost their way to Greatness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by kelvyn7: 6:08am On Oct 09, 2015
Fxwarrior:

Its not compulsory to comment.
tongue
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by DJBIGGY(m): 7:08am On Oct 09, 2015
adetola007:

I had such experience. If you're destined to graduate with first class, no lecturer can deny you of it

the prayers need to be added to your lists grin
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Catalyst4real: 7:46am On Oct 09, 2015
adetola007:

I graduated from Ahmadu Bello University Mr Linguist. By the way I read chemical engineering not Englis. TTHANKS FOR THE CORRECTION BY THE WAY
You're Welcome.
The correction you made on the post is still wrong.
Choose is in the present, Chose is in the past. You're referring to a past happening, Chose is the right word.
Your use of English tells more about you than your Certificate will ever do.
You can't pin your Certificate to your chest wherever you go.

1 Like

Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Penboy: 9:10am On Oct 09, 2015
radiokilla:
Firstclass! Those dudes are lazy in the real world. All they know is book book book. After first degree, thy go for masters. If the school doesn not retain them, they are done for. I'm of my 2.1. If you know what it takes to get a 2.1 in Engineering, you will hail me.
i'm not hailing you nigga!
I have friends with 4.69, 4.91, 4.72 all over the Engineering faculty!
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 09, 2015
Penboy:
i'm not hailing you nigga!
I have friends with 4.69, 4.91, 4.72 all over the Engineering faculty!
well, what can i say but widh them goodluck. 2.1 in my dept in FUTO is hell. Against all odds i did it. I made 5.0 in my 4th year so here we go. I know in a normal ennvironment that i would have gotten it.

3 Likes

Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Penboy: 10:40am On Oct 09, 2015
radiokilla:
well, what can i say but widh them goodluck. 2.1 in my dept in FUTO is hell. Against all odds i did it. I made 5.0 in my 4th year so here we go. I know in a normal ennvironment that i would have gotten it.
ofcourse. I trust you!
Was just being sarcastic.

1 Like

Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by FunnyDude(m): 11:03am On Oct 09, 2015
I graduated with 4.82 during my Uni. days,I play football alot,chased anything underneath skirt then,a party freak I am .Name it! I bleeped kitty-cat of different size,colour
But yet I read atimes when in need during weekend.

My school life is sweet tho.
If you doubt me I graduated from a top notch federal University in the country.

1 Like

Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by FunnyDude(m): 11:10am On Oct 09, 2015
radiokilla:

Sharap who told you that..Dudes justifying his shortcoming..hahaaha.
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by ayokunlei(m): 3:00pm On Oct 09, 2015
ggirl4real:
Op don't talk again please o
I narrowly escaped First Class
I've not forgiven myself yet until I'm employed...
you can't be perfect, the 0.01 is not your fault. Please, don't take it too far o
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Sakes: 5:52pm On Oct 09, 2015
sugah:

Look out for error? Naah, did not need to. The heading was screaming at me. I did not even bother reading the article.

If indeed the OP graduated with a 1st class, unless he studied in a francophone country, his/her school should be sanctioned. grin
Good for those who in this 21st century still suppose that English Language makes you learned!!!!!
KNOW THIS:
There are Ignorant personnels who speaks the language better than you by reason of being indigenous to it...

Tetra-oxo- Sulphate (iv) does not speak English.. that's why you abandoned it...

The phone you used to type the above was perhaps produced by one who knows nothing about ENGLISH LANGUAGE!!! Are you any better??

If English is your Claim to knowledge, you may be more Ignorant than more than half the world....
Be cause more than 80% the population of does not know the language!!!!

Step into CHINA & CONQUER!!!!!
THANKS
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Sakes: 5:58pm On Oct 09, 2015
FunnyDude:

Sharap who told you that..Dudes justifying his shortcoming..hahaaha.
Yeah..... DANGOTE IS FIRST CLASS!!!!
That's first class!!!!!
Nature gives it.....
school does not!!!!!

Well, I want to see the good paper files on the tables.....for Applicants......
Who examined them..... An angel!!!!?
Ha-ha....
Don't mind me......
Make a good result....
You'll be the demand!!!!

1 Like

Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Akposy(m): 7:27am On Oct 12, 2015
Sugah.... Good morning... Its monday
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by enoch273: 9:02pm On Oct 12, 2015
sugah:

Give me a mention on Monday.

Good evening sir.
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by sugah: 4:04pm On Oct 13, 2015
enoch273:

Good evening sir.

Done.

Akposy your faith wasn't strong enough. The other guy provided his account details by faith grin
Maybe some other time?
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Akposy(m): 4:18pm On Oct 13, 2015
sugah:

Done.

Akposy your faith wasn't strong enough. The other guy provided his account details by faith grin
Maybe some other time?
#crying. Okay... Nice meeting u
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by enoch273: 11:09pm On Oct 13, 2015
sugah:

Done.

Maybe some other time?

Just got your alert now sir, words are not enough to express my gratitude towards you, but the least I can do now is say a big thank and may God continue to bless you sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Can He Study With This JAMB Score? / Cheapest Universities And Polytechnics In Nigeria / How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.