Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,176 members, 7,821,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

A MUST READ: The Teenage Upbringing - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A MUST READ: The Teenage Upbringing (947 Views)

How To Survive The Teenage Years: A Parents’ Guide / 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children / Man Impregnates Mother, Teenage Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A MUST READ: The Teenage Upbringing by Rukkydelta(f): 4:51pm On Oct 04, 2015
The teenage period is one of the stages that determine the kind of personality an individual may possess. At some certain stage,teenagers may become rebellious due to not wanting to be under control of anyone and unfortunately most parents misunderstands them. There was once a time I hate my mum cause of excessive control well that was then. A teenager should be allowed to make certain decisions but should always be guided so if they make a mistake they should learn from it.
When it comes to sex education most parents shy away from this and I don't know why? My parents never taught me sex education,it seems like an abominable word to them. Parents should be their children best friends and should not be too authoritative and secretive to their children. They should create that kind of jovial relationship that will make it possible for their children will be able to them about their crushes and be able to advice them
God bless as you read
Re: A MUST READ: The Teenage Upbringing by JOOHEL: 5:45pm On Oct 04, 2015
When it comes to sex education too my parents shy
away from it and I don't know why? My parents
never taught me sex education,it seems like an
abominable word to them too.. Make my mama catch u dey watch africa magic and she sees Genevive and jim iyke. Dey kiss , smooch, na die be that oo!.
I can remember vividly when I was watching a program on STV about using protection(condoms) when having sex if u know you are not ready. Na xo my mama just commot from no where enter palour dey see wetin I dey watch!.
Next thing she begin shout!!! Change that station!!!!!

1 Like

Re: A MUST READ: The Teenage Upbringing by Rukkydelta(f): 5:09pm On Oct 22, 2015
JOOHEL:
Makers my mama catch u dey watch africa magic and she sees Genevive and jim iyke. Dey kiss , smooch, na die be that oo!.
I can remember vividly when I was watching a program on STV about using protection(condoms) when having sex if u know you are not ready. Na xo my mama just commot from no where enter palour dey see wetin I dey watch!.
Next thing she begin shout!!! Change that station!!!!!
My mum also does that My dad prefers to buy christian movies and preachings than any other thing
Re: A MUST READ: The Teenage Upbringing by Tovot: 9:07am On Oct 23, 2015
I think it'd the type of parents you have . My parents don't shy away from sex education, they make sure they orient each child on different levels of sex education, as a child grows up, so does the sexual orientation. That's why they are parents, they are there to guide you, they've been there before and are in the best position to advice.

I think why many parents are not educating their children about sex is because they don't know how to approach the subject, and it's going to be awkward and hard to sit your teenager or young adult down and start talking about sex, the best thing is to start educating the children while they are still young. You tell them their body parts, where not to touch another person vice versa, there are so many children friendly songs and videos about sex education.

Many parents want to talk to their children about it but don't know how, so they sometimes shy away from the topic at all. smiley
Re: A MUST READ: The Teenage Upbringing by Rukkydelta(f): 5:09pm On Jan 20, 2016
Tovot, you are lucky that you were given sex education by your parents. Most african parents shy away from sex education maybe because they think their children is too young to know about sex or may be they don't know how to go about it (educating their children about sex ) as you said

(1) (Reply)

Quit Notice: Please Advice / Work From Home Opportunity / Working As Housemaid Or Au Pair In Nigeria? European Woman Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.