Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

God Gives You The Choice Of Evil - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Gives You The Choice Of Evil (590 Views)

If God Gives Life Why Do Christians Have Sex To Reproduce? / What Gives You Joy As A Christain? / Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Gives You The Choice Of Evil by undercat: 9:56pm On Oct 04, 2015
Some say evil* exists because of the exercise of free will, i.e. people choose to do evil. Interestingly, the Creator also has free will but is said to be unable to choose evil. All this is in an effort to absolve the Creator of any blame for the existence of evil. What this claim actually does is credit the Creator with giving us evil as an option between various courses of action. It is impossible to select an unavailable option and we cannot choose to do evil if evil is not available to be chosen.

Some might further say that evil is the absence of good and that if we are able to choose to do good, we must also be able to choose to not do good. To them I give the example of (physical) life and death, the absence of life; you can choose to die but you cannot choose to not die. So it is arguably permissible to lack a complete set of options.

How would you avoid the conclusion that evil was created for us to choose?

*Evil here excludes natural processes such as disease and disasters.
Re: God Gives You The Choice Of Evil by texanomaly(f): 12:28am On Oct 05, 2015
undercat:
Some say evil* exists because of the exercise of free will, i.e. people choose to do evil. Interestingly, the Creator also has free will but is said to be unable to choose evil. All this is in an effort to absolve the Creator of any blame for the existence of evil. What this claim actually does is credit the Creator with giving us evil as an option between various courses of action. It is impossible to select an unavailable option and we cannot choose to do evil if evil is not available to be chosen.

Some might further say that evil is the absence of good and that if we are able to choose to do good, we must also be able to choose to not do good. To them I give the example of (physical) life and death, the absence of life; you can choose to die but you cannot choose to not die. So it is arguably permissible to lack a complete set of options.

How would you avoid the conclusion that evil was created for us to choose?

*Evil here excludes natural processes such as disease and disasters.

Wow. Interesting question. I'll park here a watch this play out.
Re: God Gives You The Choice Of Evil by undercat: 7:58am On Oct 05, 2015
texanomaly:

Wow. Interesting question. I'll park here a watch this play out.

Have a go?
Re: God Gives You The Choice Of Evil by texanomaly(f): 3:59am On Oct 06, 2015
undercat:

Have a go?

Let me think about this for a while. I actually feel like you are at least partially right.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Gay Pastor, Jide Celebrates 50th Birthday / Listen To The Hilarious Conversation Between Pastor Who Sucks Women’s Br£ast & T / Would You Lie To Save Someone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.