Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This (55073 Views)

How To Identify An Original Power Bank / I Bought This FIL Power Bank That Look Like A Phone Today. / Powerbank 30000mah Wallet Style (2) (3) (4)

Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by Aieboocaar(m): 5:04pm On Jul 27, 2016
Currently licking my wounds after being scammed to buy a useless 50,000mah Pb for 3k
Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by Db55889(m): 6:11pm On Jul 27, 2016
Any help on the capacity of powerbank I can get with a budget of 2.5k?
Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by mattmogan88: 6:12pm On Jul 27, 2016
e don happen to me o, I bought a 70,000mah solar powerbank @7k, I opened its only 4000mah, d solar na scam

RUN!!!

Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by mattmogan88: 6:13pm On Jul 27, 2016
e don happen to me o, I bought a 70,000mah solar powerbank @7k, I opened it and its only 4000mah, d solar na scam

RUN!!!
Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by slye(m): 6:48pm On Jul 27, 2016
Power banks for the greedy....

Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by EbiJUNIRO(m): 7:01pm On Jul 27, 2016
OP, u get small oil for brain and e nor dey leak at all! grin
Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by asala1: 7:38pm On Jul 27, 2016
Nicely done. Power banks are mainly for Africans and mostly made in China.
Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by EOOJ(m): 8:06pm On Jul 27, 2016
Op very true. I bought it n still regret...

Opened it n got the shocker of my life....it has 5(1200) batteries which is just 6000mah... Which kant even charge my 3000mah battery fully....it can only giv about 40percent befor it dies.

Do let me even start wit d solar side

Team branded power banks
Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by alabiyemmy(m): 9:35pm On Jul 27, 2016
If it serves me well enough, I don't care about all the turenshi above.
Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by mykel25(m): 10:14pm On Jul 27, 2016
I already know this.....thats y I don't go for small size powerbanks ....d one m using has 6 batteries inside tho I know it can't be upto 30000mah buh it trying
Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by johnaruson(m): 11:40pm On Jul 27, 2016
In fact you are a rocket scientist that is wasting in Nigeria, we need you in national assembly to throw more light on this, after we sweep it under the speaker's chair, just take a bow and go.

Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by ukonstrings(m): 11:55pm On Jul 27, 2016
RobinHez:
Order you 30,000mah power banks from Jumia for only #3000 undecided

Check my signature...

*messes outta thread*

I ordered one and they sent one dead-rusty stuff. Leave JUMIA. Get to the nearest shop and pick one. simple
Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by Funjosh(m): 12:01am On Jul 28, 2016
One of the best post I ever read of recent.
Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by frebor(m): 12:02am On Jul 28, 2016
mykel25:
I already know this.....thats y I don't go for small size powerbanks ....d one m using has 6 batteries inside tho I know it can't be upto 30000mah buh it trying

Keep consoling yourself grin

An average 10000mAh power bank has up to 5 18650 cylindrical cells, more compact ones can have 3 but are mostly expensive.

A 10000mAh power bank is mostly sufficient as it does not replace NEPA, I hardly deplete mine but I try to once in a while to keep the cells working fine.

Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by amerispecnaija: 1:07am On Jul 28, 2016
Db55889:
You can get a good quality 4400mah for 3.5k
Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by amerispecnaija: 1:11am On Jul 28, 2016
CallofDuty:
So then,which is the best powerbank to buy..

You can get an American brand 10000mah for 7.6K

Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by amerispecnaija: 1:12am On Jul 28, 2016
frebor:

Keep consoling yourself grin

An average 10000mAh power bank has up to 5 18650 cylindrical cells, more compact ones can have 3 but are mostly expensive.

A 10000mAh power bank is mostly sufficient as it does not replace NEPA, I hardly deplete mine but I try to once in a while to keep the cells working fine.

Contact me if you need one
Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by frebor(m): 11:06am On Jul 28, 2016
amerispecnaija:

Contact me if you need one

grin grin cheesy

You should rather contact me, check my signature.
Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by emeraldknytt(m): 7:43pm On Jul 28, 2016
Kingbilo:

It's not possible to know for sure. But if you buy a known brand, from a reputable retailer you should get a good deal. Also refer to what I have said above about the size. Use your battery to estimate the probable size of the power bank.. For example, if the size of your phone battery is 2800mah and you want to buy an 8000mah pb, the pb should be about 3-4 times as large as your battery.. Just do rough estimates.

Any powerbanks above 20000mAh will be larger than you can put in your pocket
Well, your comment is a lil bit misleading. A 8000mAh power can never charge a 2000mAh lithium-ion smartphone(or any phone) 3-4 times. Okay, one can get 3 times if his/her phone was switched off while charging from the powerbank but 4 cycles is an overkill!. I respect your knowledge on the solar powerbank pedagogy. I deal in FIL electricity-powered powerbanks.
Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by emeraldknytt(m): 7:46pm On Jul 28, 2016
Db55889:
Do you stay in Ibadan? If you do, I have quality FIL powerbanks for sell.
Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by Dapsonemmanuel(m): 3:16pm On Aug 30, 2016
Hmmm this is very nice op .. But just fortunate I don't do power banks .. They kill batteries in the first place
Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by oaroloye(m): 5:17pm On Oct 05, 2016
SHALOM!

Somebody just came to our lab offering a 50,000mAh Solar-Charging Power bank by CAMICO (never heard of them).

It is the same size you depicted.

I know a bit about Solar Power, and have two Solar Devices myself.

One by NOKIA, that takes all day to charge my C3, and another I haven't tested yet- but it looks homemade!

(I do, as a matter of fact, know how to make Solar Panels from scratch.)

He wanted N9,500- but I was disinterested, until he mentioned that it also charges with mains.

One might think, that he might have led with THAT.

Fortunately, I did not have the cash on hand.

I settled for buying a spare BLACKBERRY Battery I am sure should have been supplied to the owner if a phone, for N1,800- down from the N2,200 he had orinianlly wanted, until I had told him about the battery I had bought at MAYFAIR for N1,500.

After he had gone, I got through to KONGA.COM, and satisfied myself that what he had charged me was, more-or-less, the normal going-rate.

But now I have seen your excellent writeup, I think I will just get a cheaper model, beef up its battery pack with new and extra batteries, and see how that goes...
Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by oaroloye(m): 8:02pm On Oct 05, 2016
SHALOM!

Dapsonemmanuel:
Hmmm this is very nice op .. But just fortunate I don't do power banks .. They kill batteries in the first place

They do [size=28pt]WHAT!!!?[/size]
Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by myatl101: 12:12pm On Oct 07, 2016
dollaflow:
any time I want to import flash drive or power bank, my supplier always ask that do u want real capacity, what brand name do u want us to write on it, that is where d issue arise

Those are called GENERIC.
There are not brand name, so you can just purchase and send them your own brand name and logo to be printed on the packaging materials.

I almost fall into a company's hand in China, where I wanted to be their sole partner and agent of distribution in Nigeria and Africa, only to discovered they only mass produced generic Solar Lamp fixtures.
Thank God for my initial pretence tactic of been sick and on sick leave, I would have end up in death by signing our contracts of agreements with a penalty for not buying up to $100,000 Worth of goods annually.

First, do a lot of researches when dealing or about to make any purchase you have no prior knowledge about.
Thank God, gone are the days of internet only at the tips of the super riches. Now, it's a cow and dog's play toy.

A little researches and seeking the aids and knowledge from the experienced and knowledgeable isn't a lost.
Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by myatl101: 12:28pm On Oct 07, 2016
emeraldknytt:
Well, your comment is a lil bit misleading. A 8000mAh power can never charge a 2000mAh lithium-ion smartphone(or any phone) 3-4 times. Okay, one can get 3 times if his/her phone was switched off while charging from the powerbank but 4 cycles is an overkill!. I respect your knowledge on the solar powerbank pedagogy. I deal in FIL electricity-powered powerbanks.

Guy, read vividly!
OP only mentioned size not number of charging cycles.

What I expected from him is the clarification between what he said before and his mentioned here.
Is he/she talking about the size of the Panel right inside the Power Banks, or the whole couple Power Bank's size?
Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by emeraldknytt(m): 2:46pm On Oct 07, 2016
myatl101:

Guy, read vividly!
OP only mentioned size not number of charging cycles.

What I expected from him is the clarification between what he said before and his mentioned here.
Is he/she talking about the size of the Panel right inside the Power Banks, or the whole couple Power Bank's size?
let me proffer a succinct explanation; you see there are two major materials used to make batteries in powerbanks, the lithium polymer (used for slim/thin powerbanks) and the 18560 aka AAA battery. Op was talking about the lithium po when he related it to a smartphone's battery. However, it isn't that difficult to Identify the capacity of a 18560 powerbank, just examine the case closely and determine how many batteries can fit it. Viola! there you have it... though it isnt as brief as I expected but I hope its clear and comprehensive

thanks for the correction on the previous mention, amigo
Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by myatl101: 10:28am On Oct 14, 2016
emeraldknytt:
let me proffer a succinct explanation; you see there are two major materials used to make batteries in powerbanks, the lithium polymer (used for slim/thin powerbanks) and the 18560 aka AAA battery. Op was talking about the lithium po when he related it to a smartphone's battery. However, it isn't that difficult to Identify the capacity of a 18560 powerbank, just examine the case closely and determine how many batteries can fit it. Viola! there you have it... though it isnt as brief as I expected but I hope its clear and comprehensive

thanks for the correction on the previous mention, amigo

You added successfully another poin.
Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by psalmskiddy(m): 2:52pm On Oct 26, 2016
i said it tho' i gota solar power bank and ti ma greatest suprise under direct sun it will only display a Red light.... am tired of it just sucks
Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by Davebi(m): 8:56pm On Jan 24, 2017
Excellent points made. There are so many fakes and look-alikes out there. Unfortunately innocent people keep getting caught up all the time because the agencies (Customs, SON, etc) that are supposed to protect us aren't doing their jobs, or at least what we expect them to do.

My advise is don't rush into buying anything no matter how fantastically cheap or affordable it may seem. Do your home work first. Ask questions, think of quality, warranty, how to use the product, limitations, etc.

There are some basic on-the-spot checks you can do before you buy. HetoGrow suggest some surprisingly really simple things you can look out for https://www.hetogrowshop.com/quality

I suppose it also helps to know simple things you can do to manage your phone battery better to it can last longer for you. See these suggestions
https://hetogrow..com/2017/10/Phone-battery-runs-down-quickly-do-I-need-a-power-bank.html
Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by chidexmo(m): 12:36pm On Mar 03, 2017
Guys....the 30000mah, 50000mah and even 80,000mah are are fake, i've been dealing with power banks for a very long time from a trusted Professional power bank manufacturer in China. Una no say as NEPA no dey give us light for 9ja, Most of our ppl will be carried away with the high capacity.

The Max MAH that you can get from a power bank that is real is 20,000mah
So we all should be very careful on how we spend our money to AVOID buying some trash from china or else where

This particular model here is my favourite and i've been buying it from them for a very long time
http://www.hotpowerbank.com

Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by OmoOshodi(m): 12:27pm On Sep 18, 2017
RobinHez:
Lalasticlala
when the op no put snake .... The code name
Re: Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This by stephinnoyewole(m): 4:28am On Oct 18, 2017
Kingbilo:

It's not possible to know for sure. But if you buy a known brand, from a reputable retailer you should get a good deal. Also refer to what I have said above about the size. Use your battery to estimate the probable size of the power bank.. For example, if the size of your phone battery is 2800mah and you want to buy an 8000mah pb, the pb should be about 3-4 times as large as your battery.. Just do rough estimates.

Any powerbanks above 20000mAh will be larger than you can put in your pocket
Ok tanx bro

See Why “Aunty Esther” Is Trending / Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger / Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread.