Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Php Configuration In Dreamweaver - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Php Configuration In Dreamweaver (1136 Views)

Get MTN Free Browsing SIM Configuration For Free / Creating Complex / Advanced Search Forms With Sql Queries In Dreamweaver / Help! Implementing A Horizontal Looper With Dreamweaver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Php Configuration In Dreamweaver by RuuDie(m): 2:17am On Apr 22, 2009
I've got the WAMP server setup on my system (the whole lot: PHP/MYSQL) but i want to be writing the codes in dreamweaver's code editor - so how do i setup the site in dreamweaver.
Re: Php Configuration In Dreamweaver by biggjoe(m): 5:42pm On Apr 22, 2009
if you have WAMP then i think you are almost there.

If you are using windows xp service pack 2 like me then;
U need one more thing:
1.Download mysql odbc connectors get the windows installer version(i dont have the link now but a simple google search will take u there)

2. Instal the odbc connector

3.Launch wamp server

4. Go through phpmyadmin and create your database and the corresponding tables

5.Go to control panel >> Administrative tools >> Data Sources >> system DSN (on the dialogue box) >>click ADD >>
scroll to the bottom of the list and see the ODBC sources

6. fill the dialogue box appropriately ( cant remember the whole fields but I think its just host, user, DB table, password etc as you created it in phpmyadmin)

7. When you have filled it all save all your stuff on that administrative tools section and you are good to go.

Go to dreamweaver and make a new data connection.

I believe you can do the rest from there but assuming you cant, u might wanna holla back. ymessenger me with dabiggjoe

ciao.
Re: Php Configuration In Dreamweaver by RuuDie(m): 10:43am On Apr 23, 2009
thanks bigjoe,

i'm pretty sure i can wobble, fumble, stumble and get my way 'round all 'em procedures you penned down --- but i still got one issue; i use Vista. . . . . will that be a very big bottle-neck here
Re: Php Configuration In Dreamweaver by biggjoe(m): 6:14pm On Apr 23, 2009
If its vista, i still dont think it will be much issue.

In situations like that, all I do is change the control panel menu display to 'classic' and everything will look like im in XP.
Re: Php Configuration In Dreamweaver by RuuDie(m): 1:11pm On Apr 24, 2009
thanks man!
Re: Php Configuration In Dreamweaver by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 26, 2009
to set a site in DW

from the menu bar, select site >new site
//the site definition dialog should show up

i prefer using the advanced tab.
on the advanced tab, the default should be "local Info"

give it a site name (for identification purpose)
set your "local root folder" to something like C:\wamp\www\YOUR_SITE_FOLDER
set your "default Image folder" to something like C:\wamp\www\YOUR_SITE_FOLDER/images
ste your "HTTP address" to http://localhost/YOUR_SITE_FOLDER

if your final production server will be *nix, check "case-sensitive links"

move to the next entry on the left, remote info

select how you want to access your website, if you will be coding the site outside the internet, then use local/network
set ur remote folder to C:\wamp\www\YOUR_SITE_FOLDER

the next entry shud be "testing server"
server model shud be what you will be coding in, in this case, PHP/MYSQL
access:Local/Network
set the testing server folder to C:\wamp\www\YOUR_SITE_FOLDER

next is cloaking, i always love to enable cloaking of files wending with ".fla .psd"
cloaking helps exclude certain files from site operations, when using DW's inbuilt FTP, transfering psd and fla files everytime you "Put" the site is always resources consuming. so when you put ur file on the internet server via ftp, every file will be transfered except those heavy FLAs and PSDs

you can play around with the rest and hit ok
DW will try to create a cache and you are ready to go
Re: Php Configuration In Dreamweaver by biggjoe(m): 6:47pm On Apr 26, 2009
Oh!

Looks like you are only talking about DW site setup.

I even assumed you already know how to setup a site in DW.

(1) (Reply)

. / Is There Any Particular Difference Between Php's Intval And (int)? / download chattest.wapzak.in script now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.