Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,471 members, 7,854,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:11 AM

Oduduwa Region/country? .......my Soliloquy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oduduwa Region/country? .......my Soliloquy (946 Views)

Yorubas Now Want Oduduwa, And Not Nigeria- Gani Adams / Have You Seen The Map Of The Proposed ODUDUWA REPUBLIC, If Nigeria Break Up? / My Country. My Views. My Dreams. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oduduwa Region/country? .......my Soliloquy by mandarin: 3:58pm On Oct 05, 2015
It is pertinent to accept that someday and someway there will be the need to reorganize Nigeria as a country or as multinational nations. The current ethusiasm in the political arena(am a stunt supooorter of a transformed and better Nigeria) will be make even more better when political arrangements that can give rise to sustainable economy and virile nation is embarked on. This will in no doubt help to breed a competitive economy and a country of free citizens without fear of gender or religious bias.
Why we can today consign this to the background and support President Buhari in his efforts at killing corruption and other economic vices, we must ,as a matter of proactive developments begin to imagine and work at the type of Nigeria that can become a developed country soon say in the next fifteen years.
My position: Decentralization of political and economic systems to regional arrangement in a slim federal/ confederal structure. If Nigeria fails(I pray she wont) then, the possibility is that the nationalists will win becomes explicit. Among all the ethnic groups in Nigeria, though the idea of Biafra has become loud of late, I think the Yoruba has always been perceived as pro-independence not just playing it as opposition to many military and democratic governments but as the key section of the country that often see ahead in realizing political flaws posed to the Nigeria state and how such will continue to create a cycle of poverty and economic strass to its populace.
If its ever assumable that the Yoruba becomes a country or an autonomous region in Nigeria what will the nation look like?

1. What will geographically define the country

The geographical delination of what may likely form the Oduduwa or Omoluabi will encompass today's states of : (1) Ondo (2) Osun (3) Ekiti (4) Lagos (5) Ogun (6) Oyo (7) Yoruba areas of kwara (cool Kogi west senatorial district (9) Akoko Edo areas of Edo State
Within a Nigeria state, the boundary may not exceed that but in a case of an independent country, it will likely cover more; like Edo, Itsekiri areas of Delta( and maybe Urhobo areas as well) Ebira areas of Kogi and may be the Igala in Kogi and can even extent to Tiv if for geographical interests. Limiting it only to Yoruba areas will be like 120,000km square country.If the Yoruba decides to do it alone with their kinsmen, it may be limited to may be the Edo, Itsekiri and kinsmen in Kwara , Kogi and Ebira.

2. What are expected rancours among the groups expected to make up Oduduwa/Omoluabi and how can such be resolved and form a united country
This depends on how the nation intends to be in size. For a small majorly Yoruba country, tribal identity will begin but one thing going for the Yoruba is their historical backgroud as they have been under similar kingdoms of Ife, Oyo and Benin in the last 600years. Another thing is their social integration which has seen tribal lines diminish especially in areas of marriage, religion and business. It will a nation of similar people and people with one focus and values.

I will like to discuss more under the following headings but that shall come later:

3. What is the current economic value and market size of the country
4. What economic blueprint can be
5. What are the sources of income for government and the citizenry
6. What are sustainability plans and growth projections
7. Who are your international allieds and how that can transform into economic gains
8. What will be the country's liabilityand how it can be settled.
Re: Oduduwa Region/country? .......my Soliloquy by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 05, 2015
good riddance to bad rubbish...
Re: Oduduwa Region/country? .......my Soliloquy by iPopAlomo(m): 10:33pm On Oct 05, 2015
Feasible... but...

(1) (Reply)

Breaking:Tribunal Upholds George Sekibo's Election!!! / Controversy As Appeal Court Fails To Deliver Judgment On Saraki’s CCB Trial / APC Leaders To End Saraki’s CCT Trial For A Successful Ministerial Screening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.