Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,796 members, 7,956,044 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:16 PM

Naira Depreciates Further At Parallel Market- ( pic) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Depreciates Further At Parallel Market- ( pic) (19403 Views)

Naira Depreciates Further On Investors FX Window / Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime / Naira Depreciates To N355/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Depreciates Further At Parallel Market- ( pic) by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 06, 2015
debris:
sad
You have a sexy lip
Re: Naira Depreciates Further At Parallel Market- ( pic) by cocoduck: 7:31am On Oct 06, 2015
bushdoc9919:

No.....oil prices have fallen....meaning that we do not have the dollars to buffer the naira....hence the fall in the value of the naira and the hoarding of dollars by CBN governor.

The same thing would have happened if GEJ was still in charge. (And I probably would be angry with him, but my anger would be pointless...as you will soon see).

Truth be told, we have to get off our oil dependency. And what I want to see from Buhari is increased spending on rail, power, and electricty, and end to subsidies, a strong war on corruption, not just in PDP, but APC AND everywhere, and high investment in techincal education with the aim of getting Nigeria off oil dependency (So that we can do resource control).

I also want serious minded governors.

So....is PMB going to get us off oil? That is what we should be judging him on, not on naira falling per se.
Yes keep on looking for excuses to shine Buhari's already batterd image. That man is stup1d and lost, the Bible says that anyone worshiping all these false gods will be like them, so you get what I mean. I supported GEJ not because he is a handsome man or from the south, but simply because he was moving Nigeria away from the bondage of the Brits, they are the people who made it impossible for us to progress using Neo colonialism, so Buhari went and put us back into the firm grip of those demons simply because he craves the presidency, he wants to be known as "elected" president before he kicks the bucket. I have genuine reason for HATING Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates Further At Parallel Market- ( pic) by Hamza05(m): 7:34am On Oct 06, 2015
Kingscee:
I don't know what's naira, I only use Biafra pounds, which is even more higher than the so called dollars
I'm not suprised
It's Biafra
Re: Naira Depreciates Further At Parallel Market- ( pic) by LastSurvivor: 7:36am On Oct 06, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Yes...hence the bit about putting pressure in my original post

That's wonderful, but totally irrelevant to our discussion.

Very relevant because u used the word LAZY which is never in the blood
Re: Naira Depreciates Further At Parallel Market- ( pic) by tonychristopher: 7:40am On Oct 06, 2015
They said they will make naira same with dollars before election ...talk is really cheap

APC look @ you now

On we forgive you on naira

But atleast win boko boys

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Depreciates Further At Parallel Market- ( pic) by tonychristopher: 7:43am On Oct 06, 2015
wordbank:
The official interbank rate when I checked yesterday was N199.05

Try change it in the street and see that aboookki will deal with you

4 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates Further At Parallel Market- ( pic) by biafranqueen: 7:43am On Oct 06, 2015
bushdoc9919:

When you lazy Nigerians stop tolerating corruption, stop thinking that oil money will save you, and start working on making your states, LG and Nigeria as a whole a self sufficent industrial economy...by putting pressure on Abuja and your local leaders.

The era of selling oil, groundnut, palm oil and cocoa to make money to share for imports is over. Time we worked for our money.
I agree with you on this...
Re: Naira Depreciates Further At Parallel Market- ( pic) by Fearcom(m): 8:09am On Oct 06, 2015
Ok. Seen
Re: Naira Depreciates Further At Parallel Market- ( pic) by Martmore: 8:32am On Oct 06, 2015
thank u chukwuokikeabiama, may the zoo currency continue to fall
Re: Naira Depreciates Further At Parallel Market- ( pic) by erico2k2(m): 8:39am On Oct 06, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Basic problem why Nigerians opposed subsidy.....people could not see beyond cheap fuel (It was not because people did not like GEJ...people do not want to pay N200 per liter for fuel/PMS).

But the subsidy has to go. (Yes....even PDP opponents like me see the need for it to go)....especially now that we do not have the money to fund it.Even if it means paying N250 per liter for fuel.
Ok good but people like me who saw the writing in the wall.but with due respect subsidy should be left alone however the fraud around subsidy should be removed.open the market for everyone.even those who can import one tanker.This is the reason why me n yoy can still buy cars.if it's limited to a few we would be paying premuium or getting it subsidised 2.
Re: Naira Depreciates Further At Parallel Market- ( pic) by Blackchainz: 8:39am On Oct 06, 2015
macolino:
Please let me know when one dollar is equal to one naira.
..you should sleep,i will wake u

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates Further At Parallel Market- ( pic) by macolino(m): 8:45am On Oct 06, 2015
Blackchainz:
..you should sleep,i will wake u
lol,hope U won't sleep off

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates Further At Parallel Market- ( pic) by wordbank(m): 8:46am On Oct 06, 2015
tonychristopher:

Try change it in the street and see that aboookki will deal with you
225, u happy?
Re: Naira Depreciates Further At Parallel Market- ( pic) by Aroh48(m): 8:58am On Oct 06, 2015
This
Re: Naira Depreciates Further At Parallel Market- ( pic) by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 06, 2015
undecided
Re: Naira Depreciates Further At Parallel Market- ( pic) by simplejayy(m): 9:34am On Oct 06, 2015
naija go better
Re: Naira Depreciates Further At Parallel Market- ( pic) by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 06, 2015
cocoduck:

Yes keep on looking for excuses to shine Buhari's already batterd image. That man is stup1d and lost, the Bible says that anyone worshiping all these false gods will be like them, so you get what I mean. I supported GEJ not because he is a handsome man or from the south, but simply because he was moving Nigeria away from the bondage of the Brits, they are the people who made it impossible for us to progress using Neo colonialism, so Buhari went and put us back into the firm grip of those demons simply because he craves the presidency, he wants to be known as "elected" president before he kicks the bucket. I have genuine reason for HATING Buhari.

Like I said....if GEJ was still in office...we would have the problem because Nigeria is oil dependent.

Which is why I expect Buhari to tell us how he will get us off oil.And if he has no plan for that.....then we should vote him out in 2019.

And sorry....but I am not an APC or PDP fan. Nigeria and its peoples are more important to me than any politician.
Re: Naira Depreciates Further At Parallel Market- ( pic) by 2goodbobo(m): 10:38am On Oct 06, 2015
And the Naira-Dollar exchange rate keeps plummeting.
Re: Naira Depreciates Further At Parallel Market- ( pic) by tpiander: 10:39am On Oct 06, 2015
macolino:
Please let me know when one dollar is equal to one naira.

Not yet.
Re: Naira Depreciates Further At Parallel Market- ( pic) by neocortex: 10:52am On Oct 06, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Some major differences between Saudi and us

1.Saudi has less than 12 million people, Nigeria has 170 million people

2.Saudi is the world leader in oil production, Nigeria is no 8.

3.As a result of 1 and 2 , Saudi saved $700bn in its crude account. Nigeria saved far less than that.....even during Yaradua's time.

4.Even then, Saudi is seriously worried. The money in its account is going down, and as a result. they are raising VAT and considering removing their subsidy on fuel. Even the rich also cry in this oil reduction show.

Common , stop all this gibberish, we all know Nigeria Buhari's incompetence
is responsible for the bad economy we found ourself.
You are trying too hard to deflect blame from the government.
Re: Naira Depreciates Further At Parallel Market- ( pic) by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 06, 2015
neocortex:

Common , stop all this gibberish, we all know Nigeria Buhari's incompetence
is responsible for the bad economy we found ourself.
You are trying too hard to deflect blame from the government.

1.My post that you responded to was in response to someone who was wondering why Saudi does not have the problems that Nigeria has ......in essence my reply was that all oil producers are not equal.

2.If you have been reading my posts....you will notice that I say repeatedly that Nigeria must industrialise....and that is the main thing I would be judging Buhari on. Unfortunately, the man has refused to release his ministers....so my judgement of his economic policy is impaired.

3.The reason we must industrialse is because Nigeria's income from oil is falling due to the fall in international oil prices. We are a dutch diseased economy.

4.If you read my comment as a defence of PMB...sorry....but you don't get it. My comment is an attack on our oil dependency.,....which PDP did nothing about....and which APC is yet to tell us in detail how they will deal with it (apart from some talk about diversifying....).

5.My opposition to PDP was in Nigeria's interest....not in APC's interest. Sorry you PDPians cannot see that....
Re: Naira Depreciates Further At Parallel Market- ( pic) by macolino(m): 11:03am On Oct 06, 2015
tpiander:

Not yet.
ok
Re: Naira Depreciates Further At Parallel Market- ( pic) by 989900: 11:24am On Oct 06, 2015
cocoduck:

[s]Yes keep on looking for excuses to shine Buhari's already batterd image. That man is stup1d and lost, the Bible says that anyone worshiping all these false gods will be like them, so you get what I mean. I supported GEJ not because he is a handsome man or from the south, but simply because he was moving Nigeria away from the bondage of the Brits, they are the people who made it impossible for us to progress using Neo colonialism, so Buhari went and put us back into the firm grip of those demons simply because he craves the presidency, he wants to be known as "elected" president before he kicks the bucket. I have genuine reason for HATING Buhari.[/s]
Re: Naira Depreciates Further At Parallel Market- ( pic) by 989900: 11:27am On Oct 06, 2015
bobo65:
U get point but saudi Arabia is not going thru this sorta devaluation na

Countries like Saudi, UAE, Qatar, and a few others have their currencies pegged to the dollar regardless . . .

BTW, Naira always falls by a Naira or 2 on Mondays and Fridays, due to higher demand.

Re: Naira Depreciates Further At Parallel Market- ( pic) by 989900: 11:45am On Oct 06, 2015
Regardless of oil prices if;

1. Excess liquidity is checked (CBN's faulty monetary policies),

2. Power supply improved (far less fuel consumption, and needless importation of more fuel, alternative power solutions reduces drastically=less demand for dollars),

3. Working refineries ( will almost cancel out refined fuel imports which takes almost half of our tangible imports dollar demand -- coupled with a stronger Naira subsidy will be eliminated naturally without the gov't doing a thing while we might even pay less than the current N87/litre -- sounds like fantasy uh, but it's the reality),

4. Create an investor friendly enviroment and government rid of corruption and insane bottle necks and bureucracies,

5. Get the steel industry working,

6. Aggresively promote industries that would render importers of items such as rice, palm oil, tooth picks, chicken, turkey, and some other silly items that put enormous strain on dollar demand useless,

7. Reinvigorate the service industry,

8. Currenry racketeers,

9. Check thieving politians,

are done, the Naira will appreciate beyond belief!

P.S. Next time you see pipeline vandals and thieving politicians, rat on them.

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates Further At Parallel Market- ( pic) by philiancoop(m): 5:32pm On Oct 06, 2015
How much is the exchange rate now naira : euro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Economy Could Slip Into Recession, CBN Warns / How To Build Your Business From Scratch / Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.