Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,341 members, 7,836,410 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Oshiomhole Visits Warri Regent, Says Edo, Delta Remain United - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Visits Warri Regent, Says Edo, Delta Remain United (722 Views)

Iara Oshiomhole Visits Orphanage Home In Edo. PICS / Anenih Impunity Caused PDP Loss In Edo Says Edo PDP Leader Senator Owie / Edo Election: PDP Are Bad Losers, Says Edo APC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Visits Warri Regent, Says Edo, Delta Remain United by donfidelio(m): 7:27pm On Oct 05, 2015
Oshiomhole visits Warri regent, says Edo, Delta remain united

Governor Adams Oshiomhole today said Edo and Delta States remain united even after Delta State was carved out of the defunct Bendel State and the remaining part was renamed Edo State by the General Ibrahim Babangida administration on August 27, 1991.

Speaking during a condolence visit to the Regent of Warri Kingdom, Prince Eroro Emiko, on the recent transition of the Olu of Warri, His Royal Majesty, Ogiame Atuwatse II, Governor Oshiomhole said: “I have come here on behalf of the Government and people of Edo State to convey to you the Regent, the royal family, indeed the Chiefs and the great people of Warri Kingdom our condolences over the passage of our father.

“For us in Edo State, we are all brothers and sisters, we are not just neighbours, we are very close brothers and sisters and we appreciate the enormous contributions of the Olu of Warri, not only to the development of Warri Kingdom but also to Nigeria at large.

“As a matter of fact, one of my very close friends recently gave out his daughter to one of his sons, so we are part of his family and we need not to elaborate on how we feel on his sudden departure and his having to join his ancestors, at the time he did. As they say, we are not in a position to question God, nor can we question our ancestors except to pray that God in his infinite power grant mercy not only to him but also to the entire people of Warri kingdom.

“I wanted to come a littler earlier but I am aware of certain traditions and certain procedures that will be observed and I fully appreciate some of the issues you raised, I will still come back when all of those processes are completed and everything is in place. But I felt convinced that even before then, I must come to pay my respect on behalf of myself and the good people of Edo State.

“We value the relationship that exists between us and in the spirit of Bendel, we are all one and the same and when there is something positive to share, we share the joy just the same way we share the stress when it is otherwise.

“I want to reassure you that at this hour, we are with you in our thoughts and prayers and we trust that the bond of friendship that has always existed between our people will grow from strength to strength. It is our prayers that God in his infinite mercies will continue to bring blessings to the people of Warri, the people of Delta, and indeed to the people of Bendel and that we remain united as one people with a shed destiny.

“On his part, the Regent of Warri Kingdom said, “I want to thank you for the kind words that you made in respect of our departed father and it gives us joy. He came, he saw and he conquered and he made giant strides in his life. He also spoke about the bond between us and Edo State. I just want to add that apart from what you said, this Warri Kingdom started in the 15th Century, when the 1st son of Oba left Benin with 70 Chiefs to found Warri kingdom.

“So we the royal family have a lot of things in common with Benin where you are the Governor. Also, we have many of our communities in your state, so our bond is a strong one.

“We thank you for coming to pay solidarity with us at this time. Our hearts are heavy but when we look around and see people like you around, it gives us confidence that we will get to our goal. We are in the process of planning the funeral rites and then after, we will install the succeeding Olu.”

========================================================

Pic 1) Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State signs the condolence register during his visit, on Monday, to the Regent of Warri Kingdom, Prince Eroro Emiko, on the recent transition of the Olu of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse II.

Pic 2) The Regent of Warri Kingdom, Prince Eroro Emiko (right), Governor Adams oshiomhole (left) and Chief Brown Mene, during the condolence visit of Governor Oshiomhole to the Regent, on Monday, on the recent transition of the Olu of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse II.

Pic 3) Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State flanked by the Regent of Warri Kingdom, Prince Eroro Emiko (right), and Chief Brown Mene (left) during the condolence visit of Governor Oshiomhole to the Regent, on Monday, on the recent transition of the Olu of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse II.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

London Based Philanthropist Writes On The Corrupt Practices Of Ex Governor Attah / Putin Bomb And A Call To Arm-ffk / Edwin Clark, Okonjo-iweala, Oduah, Akpabio And The Wailing Wailers- Peter Oparah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.