Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Senate May Involve EFCC, ICPC In Ministerial Screening - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate May Involve EFCC, ICPC In Ministerial Screening (11813 Views)

Nigerian Senate May Expel DSTV, MTN, Shoprite Over Xenophobic Attacks / Abuja Natives Protest Non-inclusion In Ministerial List (Photos) / Buhari May Sideline EFCC, ICPC In Loot Recovery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate May Involve EFCC, ICPC In Ministerial Screening by luvmijeje(f): 9:59am On Oct 06, 2015
He added that it would be against the Senate and indeed against the President and Nigerians for the upper chamber to see a very strong allegation of petition on corruption and throw it away.

He said, “Definitely we will not ignore allegation of corruption against any nominee. If we see a strong petition, definitely we will look into it and follow it to a logical conclusion

Hehehe! Buhari's odour is working. The same Sinators who are shamelessly following and supporting Saraki .
Re: Senate May Involve EFCC, ICPC In Ministerial Screening by IDERAWOLE(m): 10:05am On Oct 06, 2015
lekan29ice:
it's going to be the most interesting screening

Bobo, all na shakara.

You don see where thief dey make shakara before without being beaten to death by angry mob?
Re: Senate May Involve EFCC, ICPC In Ministerial Screening by 6fit(f): 10:10am On Oct 06, 2015
lekan29ice:
U are absolutely right
yeah...for how long will all these old fools of age bracket 60-80 lead us? What happen to d said ''leaders of tomoro''? Anyway tomoro never come cos there always a tomoro.....but someday, somehow, somewhere in dis 9ja, d hunters shall be hunted
Re: Senate May Involve EFCC, ICPC In Ministerial Screening by MartinsEgah: 10:20am On Oct 06, 2015
We re waiting.
And of course we insist on due process devoid of interference.
Re: Senate May Involve EFCC, ICPC In Ministerial Screening by berrystunn(m): 10:27am On Oct 06, 2015
Burger01:
Nonsense! Did we involve EFCC and ICPC when we voted the senators When you say witch-hunting, the senators are the ones doing the witch-hunting. All I see here is just some senators trying to spite Buhari and some of his diehards. Left to me, involving EFCC and ICPC at this stage is not only baseless and waste of resources but anti political and misplaced priorities.undecided

that means you believe buhari and his team is not clean..... grin grin grin

you can't fight corruption with corrupt pple... na
Re: Senate May Involve EFCC, ICPC In Ministerial Screening by sweatlana: 10:45am On Oct 06, 2015
That would be a good move!

Cos certain persons would not pass. Eg ameachi
Re: Senate May Involve EFCC, ICPC In Ministerial Screening by poiZon: 10:49am On Oct 06, 2015
Ghandi12:
Weeks back there were reports ministerial nominees were being sent through security checks. Have nominees not been passed through DSS, EFCC and ICPC checks already. If they have checked and the President is happy what is the point in the Senate replicating what the Presidency as already done?

The Senate will continue to be seen as a waste of resources until they start taking up consequential challenges that have direct bearing on the masses.
that same report weeks back, i also where they said amaechi and fashola failed the screening but ur 'mr integrity' still wants to consider him for the appointments considering how much he sunk in buhari's campaign. If u didnt see that part then u r biased.
Re: Senate May Involve EFCC, ICPC In Ministerial Screening by Burger01(m): 11:15am On Oct 06, 2015
berrystunn:

that means you believe buhari and his team is not clean..... grin grin grin

you can't fight corruption with corrupt pple... na
no no no! I'm not alluding anything here. Whether the team is clean or not, I just believe senate should focus solely on screening and not involving EFCC or ICPC at this stage. Those ones can investigate any corrupt person at the right time and not at the time of screening in the senate. That's my point. smiley
Re: Senate May Involve EFCC, ICPC In Ministerial Screening by smuth(m): 1:52pm On Oct 06, 2015
Burger01:
Nonsense! Did we involve EFCC and ICPC when we voted the senators When you say witch-hunting, the senators are the ones doing the witch-hunting. All I see here is just some senators trying to spite Buhari and some of his diehards. Left to me, involving EFCC and ICPC at this stage is not only baseless and waste of resources but anti political and misplaced priorities.undecided

[b][size=20pt] I am sorry for your future and that of your children...So you mean a man that openly claim that they steal because the public dont stone them (Ameachi) and a man that built a blog site for 78 million naira (fashola) plus a man that deliver lie after lie as if that is what he was born to do (lai muhammed) is now your hero and you see nothing wrong with their inclusion in the ministerial list. It is now I believe all APC supporters are under a very strong spell that is contiegeous and can be transferred to their children if not delivered.

Birds of the same feathers flock together...Buhari should shut up and stop deceiving himself and his dumb APC supporters that he is fighting corruption...he is just as Corrupt as the rest of them. Show me your friend and I will tell who you are. Idiots.

Mark my word on this day 6th Oct, 2015. It's either Buhari is impeached before the end of his tenure or the public will stone him. One thing I know for sure is that that old man called Buhari will be disgraced out of office.[/b][/size]

1 Like

Re: Senate May Involve EFCC, ICPC In Ministerial Screening by berrystunn(m): 10:13am On Oct 09, 2015
Burger01:
no no no! I'm not alluding anything here. Whether the team is clean or not, I just believe senate should focus solely on screening and not involving EFCC or ICPC at this stage. Those ones can investigate any corrupt person at the right time and not at the time of screening in the senate. That's my point. smiley

no point....what do you mean right time, when they're in office or after

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku To Speak At Chatham House! / Saraki: APC Senators Are Ignorant Of Constitution, Says Makarfi / ECOWAS Presidents To Meet On Single Currency Regime Dec. 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.