Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,050 members, 7,818,157 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore (3106 Views)

U.S Prosecutors: How Madueke, Omokore, Aluko Blew Billions On ‘lavish Lifestyle’ / Army Retires Brigadier-General Olajide Laleye / Jide Omokore Arrested By EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by BushidoBlue(m): 7:04pm On Oct 06, 2015
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested Atlantic Energy Chairman, Olajide Omokore, on allegations of corruption and money laundering.

This comes days after British police detained former Petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke.

“He is being interrogated,” a security official, who did not want to be identified, told Reuters. He gave no further details.

Atlantic Energy was one of two firms that signed so-called Strategic Alliance Agreements with NNPC’s upstream arm, NPDC, in May 2011 to manage oil blocks sold by oil major, Royal Dutch Shell.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/10/06/efcc-arrests-oil-tycoon-olajide-omokore/

Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by dharay99: 7:06pm On Oct 06, 2015
lipsrsealed
if he is rilli quil†y,
I pray he doesn't escape ds.

#0pera†ion sweep corruption ou††a d na†ion.
Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by theV0ice: 7:08pm On Oct 06, 2015
Enough of this arrest today release tomorrow. I hope they have a strong case against him otherwise they should just release him and stop wasting our time.

Enough of this kindergarten overzealous prosecution by the incompetent EFCC
Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by Abugab(m): 7:14pm On Oct 06, 2015
The high level of corruption and impunity being exposed in recent times in our dear country is something that has never been seen or heard in the whole of Africa.
Nigeria was only giant of Africa in corruption as small economies like Ghana, Botswana and Ethiopia took giant leaps into economic prosperity while our leaders plunged Nigeria into economic obscurity.
He should be shaken till the last kobo drops from his body.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by Republlican(f): 7:15pm On Oct 06, 2015
grin what do you guys want me to say.

You count one before you count two right wink

Ok first what the hell happened to Abacha's loot that was sent to Nigeria wink

So before I start with the new fish they should tell us the share of the first loots from abacha for us to share together haba are we not the same Nigerians or others more important
Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by Mogidi: 7:17pm On Oct 06, 2015
ok
Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by modath(f): 7:17pm On Oct 06, 2015
Why is he being witch hunted?

On behalf of the OPC, I'm issuing this threat; angry

LIVE OUR SON ALONE.

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by hotcakept2: 7:20pm On Oct 06, 2015
modath:

On behalf of the OPC, I'm issuing this threat;

LIVE OUR SON ALONE.

Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by NOBODYY: 7:21pm On Oct 06, 2015
Name checkers association

Food don land!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by StOla: 7:22pm On Oct 06, 2015
Good news.

Tunde Ayeni should be looked into also.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by kosovo(m): 7:23pm On Oct 06, 2015
Olajide, is that not a Yoruba name? undecided

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by Maximillian1: 7:24pm On Oct 06, 2015
Dis one is nt my problem..Nlanders pls hw can I make buharis' supplementary list??
Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by StOla: 7:24pm On Oct 06, 2015
modath:

On behalf of the OPC, I'm issuing this threat;

LIVE OUR SON ALONE.

If only he was from the other side without shame.

Unfortunately for this one, nobody's got his back, although I wouldn't rule out Ohaneze, Olisa Metuh and our own Chukwudi44.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by Maximillian1: 7:25pm On Oct 06, 2015
kosovo:
bro u don't have to start dis pls
Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by sammyj: 7:25pm On Oct 06, 2015
Diezani Baba and the thieves continue to grow! !! cheesy

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by adaweezy(m): 7:25pm On Oct 06, 2015
kosovo:
ishekiri most likely

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by Maximillian1: 7:25pm On Oct 06, 2015
kosovo:
bro u don't have to start dis pls..#say no to tribalism

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by modath(f): 7:29pm On Oct 06, 2015
StOla:

If only he was from the other side without shame.

Unfortunately for this one, nobody's got his back, although I wouldn't rule out Ohaneze, Olisa Metuh and our own Chukwudi44.

We will surely subcontract it to them.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by coolitempa(f): 7:30pm On Oct 06, 2015
Maximillian1:

Worry not....Yorubas never defend criminals.....on the basis of he is our tribe or brother......it is not in our DNA.....you do the crime....you do the time....shikena....... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by alaoeri: 7:32pm On Oct 06, 2015
Kola Aluko will be jittering by now.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by malton: 7:44pm On Oct 06, 2015
One by one, they shall fall yakata like dem mama breasts. O ye Oles of our time!
Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by stevecantrell: 8:14pm On Oct 06, 2015
There's nothing new about Nigerian elites being arrested by EFCC. In fact, it has now become a rite of passage.

What matters is that these people are CONVICTED at the end of the day. Without a logical conclusion at the courts, EFCC and its legal machinery are just a toothless bulldog.

Nigerians everywhere are keeping their fingers crossed.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by BushidoBlue(m): 8:42pm On Oct 06, 2015
stevecantrell:
There's nothing new about Nigerian elites being arrested by EFCC. In fact, it has now become a rite of passage.

What matters is that these people are CONVICTED at the end of the day. Without a logical conclusion at the courts, EFCC and its legal machinery are just a toothless bulldog.

Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by kosovo(m): 12:52am On Oct 07, 2015
Maximillian1:

Say no to tribalism in your dreams while the constitution keep saying yes to tribalism in reality..

You really need to stop embarrassing yourself.. undecided

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by Jlow2: 1:02am On Oct 07, 2015
its long overdue ,i hope mr shedrack igwe and co that help him hide his loot should be arrested also.
Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by genearts(m): 1:10am On Oct 07, 2015
Ride on EFCC

Ride on Mr President. We are solidly behind you!!!!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by Bitterleafsoup: 1:23am On Oct 07, 2015
stevecantrell:

Finally we agree on something who has not been arrested OBJ, Tinubu the list continues like you said its part of the oath get arrested, take the heat your initiated. Let the real looting began...

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 1:34am On Oct 07, 2015
Abugab:
The high level of corruption and impunity being exposed in recent times in our dear country is something that has never been seen or heard in the whole of Africa.

huhn

why una dey exaggerate like this na

be like say u never hear about Abacha dem undecided dem boyz cool

anways, i detest corruption, bet...

bet why are people ignoring clear cases of corruption in the APC, like, wait for it...

**THE GOLDEN 78 Million Naira Website**

funny thing is, it's not just hearsay as Mr. Fashola himself admitted to this scandal in his letter of defence.

initially, i had expected his defense to be of the "I didn't do it" kind, not the "It was necessary" kind undecided

shiooo, abi una no dey see dis tin

una don blind
Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by banki(m): 1:40am On Oct 07, 2015
I hate tribalism and ethnic bigotry! And this thread prooves me right!

When they steal there is no igbo yoruba hausa christian or muslim!

When Deizani was arrested and her subsequent release chukwudi44 jumped on a thread and his first comment was YORUBA PEOPLE WOULDNT like This" trying to whip up ethnic sentiments, but alas it's obvious that her biggest cronies were not niger deltans, or ibos most of her business partners were yorubas, and hausas,some were christian others were muslim, so far there is just a little sprinkling of edo people my point is let's stop ethnic and religious bigotry
Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by BushidoBlue(m): 7:02am On Oct 07, 2015
Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by 69MissedCalls(m): 7:07am On Oct 07, 2015
I hope these people get jail time for real because if a normal citizen steals a goat they will jail him for 14yrs. I don't know why its so hard to jail these obvious criminals. greedy old foools with fat heads.
Re: EFCC Arrests Oil Tycoon Olajide Omokore by gibbsrm: 9:04am On Jun 01, 2016
Jlow2 - wanna talk about Igwe? Have sent you a PM request.
Jlow2:
its long overdue ,i hope mr shedrack igwe and co that help him hide his loot should be arrested also.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Call Biafra Agitators To Order-SGF Tells Igbo Leaders / Buhari Holds Meeting In Abuja, May Declare State Of Emergency In Rivers / Biafra: Sit At Home Monitoring Thread- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.