Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Share Your African Folklore And Stories Here For My Animated Series! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Share Your African Folklore And Stories Here For My Animated Series! (468 Views)

Oyo Empire A Yoruba Folklore Another Myth Bursted / Hausa folklore and traditions in the olden days / Nigerian Author Writes Book Series Of Igbo Folklore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Share Your African Folklore And Stories Here For My Animated Series! by Kanoro: 9:00pm On Oct 06, 2015
I'm working on a recurring animated series on YouTube based on pre-colonial African kingdoms, mythology, and history. However it will take place in a mythical world so it won't be exactly the same as Africa. Also unlike most African based animations (the very few there are) I will be focusing more on the powerful kingdoms and states rather than the cliche primitive, tribal element that people seem to always think Africa is and has always been. However I also want to incorporate mythology and folklore into my series as well. My second "book" is going to be based on the deification of Shango as the god of lighting and my own little twists and elements to incorporate into it. My following book I plan on incorporating lake Nyos into it. Historically it has killed many people due to sporadic and massive amounts of CO2 into the surrounding area however I want to add a fictional twist to it. My goal is to make my protagonist and his friend find this lake after traveling through the desert. Only to fall into a deep sleep, never to wake up until they solve some sort of problem that has caused them and all of the denizens of the town to fall fall into this sleep. If there are any deities that control dreams or sleep and any folklore behind it, I'd love to hear your stories. I myself am not African so I could not do this alone. Thanks in advance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2k0fkKXrp0

1 Like

Re: Share Your African Folklore And Stories Here For My Animated Series! by Kanoro: 6:00pm On Oct 09, 2015
Well damn... I expected to at least get some sort of reply.

(1) (Reply)

hi / Appears That The Water Transported Sedimentary / Affected By Any Wake Or Vorticies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.