Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,375 members, 7,850,350 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:21 PM

Going Green, Would You Carpool? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Going Green, Would You Carpool? (3410 Views)

Pic; The Green Scorpion I Killed Tonight @10:05PM / Reasons Why Marrying Someone For A Green Card Is A Bad Idea Fraught With Risk / The Green Card Game: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 1:17am On Apr 24, 2009
toyinrayo, i learnt the 3Rs in school when you were still wearing diapers . . .  cheesy

It doesnt work! Period! You can recycle your garbage from now till next yr, as long as China and India are still belching tons of gas into the atmosphere, US and Europe continue dumping tons of toxic sewage in Somali waters (actually this is the genesis of the piracy problem) and we still fly jet engines that spew fumes directly into the stratosphere . . . u're simply decieving urself.

Una just dey hear "go green" now abi? Soon you will pick up another hobby.

global warming is nonsense. The earth has only moved less than 1 degree temperature in the last 100 yrs or more.
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by No2Atheism(m): 1:22am On Apr 24, 2009
davidylan:

toyinrayo, i learnt the 3Rs in school when you were still wearing diapers . . .  cheesy

It doesnt work! Period! You can recycle your garbage from now till next yr, as long as China and India are still belching tons of gas into the atmosphere, US and Europe continue dumping tons of toxic sewage in Somali waters (actually this is the genesis of the piracy problem) and we still fly jet engines that spew fumes directly into the stratosphere . . . u're simply decieving urself.

global warming is nonsense. The earth has only moved less than 1 degree temperature in the last 100 yrs or more.

" US and Europe continue dumping tons of toxic sewage in Somali waters, actually this is the genesis of the piracy problem",

thank you jare, its always Whites that instigate the problem, they then turn around again to try to solve the same problem that they started,

If those somalians did not start hijacking ships in self defense against toxic wastes, off course some of them might now being turned into "Fallout 3" zombies,

Yes i know the piracy thing has now gone out of hand to become a criminal money theiving operation,
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 1:25am On Apr 24, 2009
davidylan:

toyinrayo, i learnt the 3Rs in school when you were still wearing diapers . . . cheesy
Just because you learned it doesn't mean you practice it.
See olodo tongue cheesy

davidylan:

It doesn't work because agberos like you no dey make it work.

e seun. angry

Global warming is nonsense? shocked shocked cry cry

[flash=425,355]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF4P4Y9YS8Q&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Whatever, I'll continue to GO GREEN
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 1:31am On Apr 24, 2009
David agrees, they all follow.

What a surprise. ~roll eyes~

N2A
Once again, nobody is blaming anybody. We're asking you all to participate. If you can't. . . .waka far far away.
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 1:36am On Apr 24, 2009
Each time you tell these brainwashed folks that global warming is white propaganda out they come trotting videos of polar bears. grin cheesy

So polar bears is your own example of global warming?

Scientifically the temperature of the earth has gone up LESS THAN 1 DEGREE CELCIUS in the last 100 yrs! Do you know what 1 degree celcius is? Nah just go green grin
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 1:40am On Apr 24, 2009
davidylan:

Each time you tell these brainwashed folks that global warming is white propaganda out they come trotting videos of polar bears. grin cheesy

So polar bears is your own example of global warming?

Scientifically the temperature of the earth has gone up LESS THAN 1 DEGREE CELCIUS in the last 100 yrs! Do you know what 1 degree celcius is? Nah just go green grin
angry angry angry angry angry

Waka very very far away.

So when you promised me you'd go green, na lie? see life
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by No2Atheism(m): 1:51am On Apr 24, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

David agrees, they all follow.

What a surprise. ~roll eyes~

N2A
Once again, nobody is blaming anybody. We're asking you all to participate. If you can't. . . .waka far far away.

you just wan quickly disown me like that,

Okay then, UP GATORS,

, NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHATEVER,

GATORS CAN KISS MY EBONY A**
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 1:52am On Apr 24, 2009
Leave Gators out of this.

Atleast we're trying the best we can do.

UP GATORS kiss kiss
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by No2Atheism(m): 1:53am On Apr 24, 2009
@TOYINRAYO, do you realise that polar bears can swimming, hence melting ice or open water is not really that much of a problem for them,

(Hence please be careful about all those global warming video propagandas that try to portray the polar bear as an animal stranded by melting ice and open water, ITS ALL JUST PROPAGANDA, )
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 1:55am On Apr 24, 2009
No2Atheism:

@TOYINRAYO, do you realise that polar bears can swimming, hence melting eye or open water is not really that much of a problem for them,

(Hence please be careful about all those global warming video propagandas that try to portray the polar bear as an animal stranded by melting ice and open water, ITS ALL JUST PROPAGANDA, )

lol you think most people bother to process what they see on TV? they just see video and start parroting propaganda. Polar bears survive by hunting fish and seals . . . if the entire sea was frozen over completely they'd starve to death.

But of course "go greeners" dont understand such simple facts.
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 1:55am On Apr 24, 2009
No2Atheism:

@TOYINRAYO, do you realise that polar bears can swimming, hence melting eye or open water is not really that much of a problem for them,

Do you realize that they're both land and water creatures?

They can't stay underwater for long. They need icebergs to rest on.

For once, can you ppl post independent of what Mr.Man up there thinks?
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Hauwa1: 1:59am On Apr 24, 2009
grin grin grin

Silk, na you dem dey attack like this grin they want you to carry comot for road for them grin

one thing i just don't like is plastic stuffs
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 2:01am On Apr 24, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

For once, can you ppl post independent of what Mr.Man up there thinks?  

1. They dont live in water, they only go there because that's where their food is so technically polar bears are not water animals. Its just like saying herons are water birds . . . they just go there to fish.

2. They dont rest on icebergs . . . seals come on icebergs sometimes . . . very easy for polar bears to catch that way.

3. Polar bears are simply a subset of the brown bear which is a full land animal. The white fur is an adaptation because they live in snow country.

But of course go greeners would be expected to know all these no?  cheesy
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 2:03am On Apr 24, 2009
*Hauwa*:

grin grin grin

Silk, na you dem dey attack like this grin they want you to carry comot for road for them grin

one thing i just don't like is plastic stuffs

Are you minding them. I no go carry anything anywhere. grin grin

They'll go green by force by fire tongue tongue tongue

Abi o, all these plastics being thrown in the ocean.

[img]http://1.bp..com/_Y225KWaBP8E/Riu15aN6VZI/AAAAAAAAADQ/MkmeO3qML8k/s400/1duck2.jpg[/img]

Go Green!!! grin grin
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by No2Atheism(m): 2:06am On Apr 24, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

For once, can you ppl post independent of what Mr.Man up there think[/b]s? 

That was a [b]low blow
, haba now, you know you are my paddy, so why you come dey insult me like that,
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 2:09am On Apr 24, 2009
davidylan:

1. They dont live in water, they only go there because that's where their food is so technically polar bears are not water animals. Its just like saying herons are water birds . . . they just go there to fish.

2. They dont rest on icebergs . . . seals come on icebergs sometimes . . . very easy for polar bears to catch that way.

3. Polar bears are simply a subset of the brown bear which is a full land animal. The white fur is an adaptation because they live in snow country.

But of course go greeners would be expected to know all these no? cheesy
1. I never said they live in the water. You're exactly right, they only go underwater to catch fish.
And once they're done, where do they rest? Have you forgotten that they cannot stay underwater long?

2. Icebergs Ice potatoe potata. The ice are thinning, the weather is not as cool as it used to be.
Are they suddenly going to adapt to the changing conditions?

How do you think the warming of the arctic is going to affect our planet?
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 2:09am On Apr 24, 2009
No2Atheism:

That was a low blow, haba now, you know you are my paddy, so why you come dey insult me like that,
If you don't go green, I'll go lower than that grin grin
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by No2Atheism(m): 2:10am On Apr 24, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

If you don't go green, I'll go lower than that grin grin
, wow,
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by OgidiBoy(m): 2:15am On Apr 24, 2009
The goddess of Green proposes we wipe our @ss with only one sheet of toilet paper, I wonder if Toyinrayo with her fat @ss can use only on sheet of toilet paper to wipe undecided undecided

Sheryl Crow wipes away global warming
From correspondents in New York
Agence France-Presse
April 24, 2007 04:53am
Text size
Crow is suggesting a cheeky solution to wipe away global warming: limit each trip to the loo to one piece of toilet paper.
Crow said she had spent most of an environmental tour of US college campuses thinking of easy ways for people to battle climate change.

"Although my ideas are in the earliest stages of development, they are, in my mind, worth investigating. One of my favourites is in the area of conserving trees, which we heavily rely on for oxygen," a statement on her website said.

"I propose a limitation be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting," she said.

"I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where two to three could be required."

Other plans included not using paper napkins.

"I have designed a clothing line that has what's called a 'dining sleeve'. The sleeve is detachable and can be replaced with another 'dining sleeve'. after usage," she said in the increasingly bizarre posting.

"The design will offer the 'diner' the convenience of wiping his mouth on his sleeve rather than throwing out yet another barely used paper product,  this idea could also translate quite well to those suffering with an annoying head cold."

Her third idea was for a television reality show in which the winner would be the contestant who lives the most environmentally-friendly life. The prize would be a recording contract.

Crow's spokesman was not immediately available to elaborate on the singer's proposals.
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 2:17am On Apr 24, 2009
OgidiBoy:

The goddess of Green proposes we wipe our @ss with only one sheet of toilet paper, I wonder if Toyinrayo with her fat @ss can use only on sheet of toilet paper to wipe undecided undecided
Yes, I make it work.

You should ask me how so I can also help your fat ass wink
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 2:18am On Apr 24, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

1. I never said they live in the water. You're exactly right, they only go underwater to catch fish.
And once they're done, where do they rest? Have you forgotten that they cannot stay underwater long?

If the sea where completely frozen (which is the fallacy your polar bear videos try to convey to you) they wont even be able to go underwater in the first place. they dont rest on icebergs . . . at least we know they dont give birth, mate or spend all their time there.

*Toyinrayo:

2. Icebergs Ice potatoe potata. The ice are thinning, the weather is not as cool as it used to be.
Are they suddenly going to adapt to the changing conditions?

That hasnt affected the polar bear at all. Ice isnt thinning . . . you personally dont know, you just trumpet what you heard from someone who also heard from someone who heard from somewhere. Have you personally measured the ice for the last 100 yrs to know its thinning?

*Toyinrayo:

How do you think the warming of the arctic is going to affect our planet?

which "warming"? I told you that science has PROVEN that the temperature of the earth has gone up less than 1 degree celcius in the last 100-500 yrs . . . so what is warming up?

Again you just repeat what you heard on TV.
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 2:28am On Apr 24, 2009
In 1950 . . . there were 5000 polar bears . . . now we have about 25000 . . . sure go greeners think a 5 times increase in polar bear numbers is "dangerous".

For your reading pleasure - Polar Bears on Thin Ice, Not Really!

I'd trust an actual scientific study over a youtube video of mounrful songs and white polar bear photos . . .

just to put the article in perspective - However, current research suggests that coastal stations in Greenland are instead experiencing a cooling trend, and average summer air temperatures at the summit of the Greenland Ice Sheet have decreased at the rate of 4°F per decade since measurements began in 1987.

Arent we "warming" up by decreasing temperature? cheesy
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 2:30am On Apr 24, 2009
My thread was about carpooling o. See this topic derailers angry angry

davidylan:

If the sea where completely frozen (which is the fallacy your polar bear videos try to convey to you) they wont even be able to go underwater in the first place. they dont rest on icebergs . . . at least we know they dont give birth, mate or spend all their time there,
Once again, don't misconstrue my words. Don't twist my words.
I never implied that the sea was completely frozen. If it was, how would the pollys be able to fish?

I said that the arctic ice is thinning, not as strong as it was before.

The ice keeps melting, think of the possibilities. Florida is already below sea level, with more melted ice in a few years to come, God knows what the consequences would be.

davidylan:

That hasnt affected the polar bear at all. Ice isnt thinning . . . you personally dont know, you just trumpet what you heard from someone who also heard from someone who heard from somewhere. Have you personally measured the ice for the last 100 yrs to know its thinning?
Yes, you're right.
I'm stating my facts from the evidence I saw, evidence that was displayed ion TV. Comparisons of back then to now.

Have you personally visited the Arctic to come to your conclusion? Or should I call it a baseless assumption.

We don't have to personally be present before we know. Evidence before our eyes are facts enough.

A police is never at the scene of a crime when it occurs, but the evidence that lays before his eyes helps him come to a conclusion.

davidylan:

which "warming"? I told you that science has PROVEN that the temperature of the earth has gone up less than 1 degree celcius in the last 100-500 yrs . . . so what is warming up?

Again you just repeat what you heard on TV.
Temperature has only gone up less than a degree. . . .so plz, tell us what is causing the thinning of ice, the short winter period and longer summer period etc?

The only thing you can bring tot he table is the 1 degree change in temperature?
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by No2Atheism(m): 2:30am On Apr 24, 2009
davidylan:

In 1950 . . . there were 5000 polar bears . . . now we have about[b] 25000 [/b]. . . sure go greeners think a 5 times increase in polar bear numbers is "dangerous".

MAYBE GLOBAL WARMING INCREASED THEIR LIBIDO,
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Hauwa1: 2:32am On Apr 24, 2009
yeah, our forefathers even didn't use anything and they lived long. use water to wash @ Ogidiboy wink

Silk, where did you get that last pix, i'd love to see more of nig potopoto wink
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 2:33am On Apr 24, 2009
No2Atheism:

MAYBE GLOBAL WARMING INCREASED THEIR LIBIDO,
Dude shut up!

davidylan:

In 1950 . . . there were 5000 polar bears . . . now we have about 25000 . . . sure go greeners think a 5 times increase in polar bear numbers is "dangerous".
Less hunting?

Yes, continue to parade on that. In a few years now, they'd be going extinct. (yes, I got that from TV) grin grin
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 2:35am On Apr 24, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

My thread was about carpooling o. See this topic derailers  angry angry
Once again, don't misconstrue my words. Don't twist my words.
I never implied that the sea was completely frozen. If it was, how would the pollys be able to fish?

I said that the arctic ice is thinning, not as strong as it was before.

The ice keeps melting, think of the possibilities. Florida is already below sea level, with more melted ice in a few years to come, God knows what the consequences would be.

I posted an article on my last post . . . read it. thinning ko getting smaller ni.

*Toyinrayo:

Yes, you're right.
I'm stating my facts from the evidence I saw, evidence that was displayed ion TV. Comparisons of back then to now.

Have you personally visited the Arctic to come to your conclusion? Or should I call it a baseless assumption.

Go read up ACTUAL scientific evidence instead of watching TV productions made by theater artists out to wring a bit of cash from gullible citizens who believe anything they see and hear.

*Toyinrayo:

The only thing you can bring tot he table is the 1 degree  change in temperature?

Funny enough its the only ACTUAL SCIENTIFIC PROOF on this thread so far. All you've come up with are shrill cries and youtube videos . . .  cheesy
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by No2Atheism(m): 2:36am On Apr 24, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

Dude shut up!
Less hunting?

Yes, continue to parade on that. In a few years now, they'd be going extinct. (yes, I got that from TV)  grin grin

Now toyinrayo yu are my paddy and all that , but telling me[i] to shut up[/i], is a little bit too far,
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 2:36am On Apr 24, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

Less hunting?

make up your mind. Are they going extinct because of hunting or global warming?  grin

*Toyinrayo:

Yes, continue to parade on that. In a few years now, they'd be going extinct. (yes, I got that from TV)  grin grin

By increasing 5 fold every 50 yrs? Sure if that's what they tell you on TV.
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 2:38am On Apr 24, 2009
davidylan:

For your reading pleasure - Polar Bears on Thin Ice, Not Really!

I'd trust an actual scientific study over a youtube video of mounrful songs and white polar bear photos . . .

just to put the article in perspective - However, current research suggests that coastal stations in Greenland are instead experiencing a cooling trend, and average summer air temperatures at the summit of the Greenland Ice Sheet have decreased at the rate of 4°F per decade since measurements began in 1987.

Arent we "warming" up by decreasing temperature? cheesy

For your pleasure

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines02/0415-02.htm

http://www.innovations-report.de/html/berichte/umwelt_naturschutz/bericht-66548.html

Additional research conducted since 2001 has strengthened the IPCC's findings, according to Martin and her colleagues. "In 2005, the Arctic Council, an intergovernmental forum with members from eight nations, including the United States, referenced the findings of the IPCC Third Assessment Report in their Arctic Climate Assessment and added that 'there is new and strong evidence that in the Arctic much of the observed warming over this period [the last 50 years] is also due to human activities."

"Immediate reductions of greenhouse gas emissions well beyond those that may be considered by some measures 'sustainable' emissions rates are therefore imperative. We urge the Fish and Wildlife Service to acknowledge the threat of Arctic warming on the Polar Bear."

As scientists engaged in research on climate change, we are deeply concerned about the effect of Arctic warming on the polar bear habitat," said a letter submitted to the Fish and Wildlife Service on June 15. "Biologists have determined that sea-ice is critical in the life cycle of the polar bear and the survival of the polar bear as a species.
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 2:40am On Apr 24, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Sheryl Crow wipes away global warming
From correspondents in New York
Agence France-Presse
April 24, 2007 04:53am
Text size
Crow is suggesting a cheeky solution to wipe away global warming: limit each trip to the loo to one piece of toilet paper.
Crow said she had spent most of an environmental tour of US college campuses thinking of easy ways for people to battle climate change.

"Although my ideas are in the earliest stages of development, they are, in my mind, worth investigating. One of my favourites is in the area of conserving trees, which we heavily rely on for oxygen," a statement on her website said.

"I propose a limitation be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting," she said.

"I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where two to three could be required."

Other plans included not using paper napkins.

"I have designed a clothing line that has what's called a 'dining sleeve'. The sleeve is detachable and can be replaced with another 'dining sleeve'. after usage," she said in the increasingly bizarre posting.

"The design will offer the 'diner' the convenience of wiping his mouth on his sleeve rather than throwing out yet another barely used paper product,  this idea could also translate quite well to those suffering with an annoying head cold."

Her third idea was for a television reality show in which the winner would be the contestant who lives the most environmentally-friendly life. The prize would be a recording contract.

Crow's spokesman was not immediately available to elaborate on the singer's proposals.

hi wassup u, just meeting u though cos u replied to my post on changing naira land to like facebook,so all of u ran here abi, all in the name to discuss GO GREEN
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 2:41am On Apr 24, 2009
Instead of reading what i put up for you, you ran to google to find articles you havent read and clearly dont understand?  cheesy That's how "go greeners" do . . . just follow the crowd even if they dont make sense.

You can get google to say whatever you want to hear.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Best Table Top Gas Cooker & Microwave!!! / My Is Now Living And I Care Life, She Hardly Come Home. What Can I Do? / My Cousin Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.