Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Going Green, Would You Carpool? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Going Green, Would You Carpool? (3399 Views)

Pic; The Green Scorpion I Killed Tonight @10:05PM / Reasons Why Marrying Someone For A Green Card Is A Bad Idea Fraught With Risk / The Green Card Game: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 1:05am On Apr 23, 2009
Nigerians going green, at home or abroad, would you carpool?

Can you just pick someone up from the roadside or a campus mate for carpool?

On the side, How are you going green? wink
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by mohawkchic(f): 1:37am On Apr 23, 2009
~Me & my m8's Carpool when go to Social gatherings/hang out . . .

~I've Got Recycle Mania. .So much so my M8's make fun of me. . for Instant if they finish eating they'll ask if I want to recycle their leftovers angry Everytime they come over,they're hesitant about what to put in my bin or shud i say they are clueless about Recycling so everything goes in the bin. . then i have a fit repeating meself over & over again! Argh!

~I Recycle All Bottles ~Papers ~Mags ~Plastic Bottles ~Beauty Product Containers . .I Starve my Bin grin

~I only Use Recycle Shopping bags,am done using Plastic shopping bags

~I use Energy saving Light Bulbs

~I Dont use my Dryer on my washing machine . . Such a waste cheesy I air Dry

~I dont leave Appliances on Standby . . .

~I Opted for E-bills instead of Paper bills

~I send out E-cards instead of Buying cards for occassion,as long as you got an email . .you'll be getting an e-card cheesy

~SoOo Missy,how are you going Green?
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 1:54am On Apr 23, 2009
Wow MHC, you're really going green cheesy cheesy

rotfl @ recycling leftovers grin grin

Me?

I recycle my water bottle.

Before when I make a major mistake on my paper, I either reprint or start it again. Now, a single stroke crossing it out is enough. So I don't have to waste paper tongue cheesy grin

Less driving more walking.

I don't leave plugs in their sockets anymore

No more paper plate for him, plates like the rest of us cheesy

Am sorry, I can't air dry shocked shocked shocked

The water cooling machine (or w/e they call it) is now off for atleast a month embarassed embarassed So I bought some Ice bags. Just pop some ice in it. Saves electricity

The TVs in the house not being used will be turned off. I don't get these ppl, TV on for no reason.

I'm thinking of carpooling, but I'm not picking up anyone I don't know lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Hauwa1: 2:02am On Apr 23, 2009
african's carpool? ummm  undecided

they will tell the whole school they are giving you a ride  undecided

right now am thinking of selling this car and use sch shuttle sef.

i do one load and wash the rest with my hand,  cheesy don't use washing machine, not clean my dish enough. i recycle yes.

the only thing i need to stop is using lynon bag while shoppingg, thinking of getting that one time shopping bag (it is even green)  cheesy
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 2:14am On Apr 23, 2009
*Hauwa*:

african's carpool? ummm undecided

they will tell the whole school they are giving you a ride undecided
So true undecided

*Hauwa*:

the only thing i need to stop is using lynon bag while shoppingg, thinking of getting that one time shopping bag (it is even green) cheesy
Yea, and its like 2 for a dollar.
Using it
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Hauwa1: 2:19am On Apr 23, 2009
Silk, i will ask questions on your second post later, looking to learn more how to safe the planet.

no be me go bring meteor down o or send the sun blasting and melting human undecided grin
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 2:21am On Apr 23, 2009
rotflmao grin grin grin

Melt ke? how? me too, I no fit turn my A/C off sha grin grin sorry mother nature.
My aunt bought me a portable A/C yest. I was like, what's the diff? It's still using energy now. Maybe even more undecided undecided
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by OgidiBoy(m): 2:26am On Apr 23, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

Nigerians going green, at home or abroad, would you carpool?

Can you just pick someone up from the roadside or a campus mate for carpool?

On the side, How are you going green? wink

What you  talking about is called hitchhiking or commonly known in Nigeria as giving someone a lift, carpooling is totally different dear.Carpooling is an arrangement whereby several participants or their children travel together in one vehicle, the participants sharing the costs and often taking turns as the driver, it can also be found in an office setting.
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 2:37am On Apr 23, 2009
Ok, thank you for the you know. grin grin

But you can also carpool some colleagues, can you not?
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by mohawkchic(f): 2:54am On Apr 23, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

I'm thinking of carpooling, but I'm not picking up anyone I don't know lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

~You shoud ask your Colleagues . .maybe someone else is thinking of doing the same . .You could commute!

~Were you thinking of being the good Green Samaritan & picking up people at random who give the thumb-up sign? grin
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by AloyEmeka9: 9:25am On Apr 23, 2009
Does catching a mobile Molue at ojota count as carpooling?
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by AloyEmeka9: 9:26am On Apr 23, 2009
~Me & my m8's Carpool when go to Social gatherings/hang out . . .

~I've Got Recycle  Mania. .So much so my M8's make fun of me. . for Instant if they finish eating they'll ask if I want to recycle their leftovers    Everytime they come over,they're hesitant about what to put in my bin or shud i say they are clueless about Recycling so everything goes in the bin. . then i have a fit repeating meself over & over again! Argh!

~I Recycle All Bottles ~Papers ~Mags ~Plastic Bottles ~Beauty Product Containers . .I Starve my Bin

~I only Use Recycle Shopping bags,am done using Plastic shopping bags

~I use Energy saving Light Bulbs

~I Dont use my Dryer on my washing machine . . Such a waste  I air Dry

~I dont leave Appliances on Standby . . .

~I Opted for  E-bills instead of Paper bills

~I send out E-cards instead of Buying cards for occassion,as long as you got an email . .you'll be getting an e-card 

~SoOo Missy,how are you going Green?
Do you recycle condoms and tampons? wink wink
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 23, 2009
this 'going green' hog wash is getting on my tits.
im not sharing no car with someone im not comfortable with.

ive warned my sister never keep those tubs of ice cream any where around the house. bloody thing is annoying.

and whatsup with shop/till attendants hiding/shielding the plastic bags when it is obvious that ive just done a trolley load of grocery shopping. i dont mind paying for them like M&S do but dont hide them.
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by biina: 12:47pm On Apr 23, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

You took the words right out of my mouth, except I was thinking of Bariga
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by dae(f): 1:40pm On Apr 23, 2009
Hopefully the idea of carpooling will not escalate the rate of "gbomogbomo" when people who drive their own cars sef are still kidnapped. God save us.
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by iice(f): 4:50pm On Apr 23, 2009
OgidiBoy:

What you  talking about is called hitchhiking or commonly known in Nigeria as giving someone a lift, carpooling is totally different dear.Carpooling is an arrangement whereby several participants or their children travel together in one vehicle, the participants sharing the costs and often taking turns as the driver, it can also be found in an office setting.

grin The good ol' days of hitching a ride rofl grin grin

I carpool especially on road trips and beach trips lol or just going out sef undecided
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 23, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

rotflmao, it certainly does

OMO IBO:

this 'going green' hog wash is getting on my tits.
im not sharing no car with someone im not comfortable with.

ive warned my sister never keep those tubs of ice cream any where around the house. bloody thing is annoying.

and whatsup with shop/till attendants hiding/shielding the plastic bags when it is obvious that ive just done a trolley load of grocery shopping. i dont mind paying for them like M&S do but dont hide them.

Don't mean to be rude, but I'm not understanding you.

I'm not familar with the bolded.

Then don't carpool with a stranger if you're not comfy with it wink Find a friend or relative undecided

dae:

Hopefully the idea of carpooling will not escalate the rate of "gbomogbomo" when people who drive their own cars sef are still kidnapped. God save us.
rotflmao. . . .my thoughts exactly.

mohawkchic:

~You shoud ask your Colleagues . .maybe someone else is thinking of doing the same . .You could commute!

~Were you thinking of being the good Green Samaritan & picking up people at random who give the thumb-up sign? grin

Sure, will.

rotflmao, I was. Those ppl walking on the street, all hot and tired. But I dey fear undecided
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Hauwa1: 4:52pm On Apr 23, 2009
maybe like some of those cashier hid the lynon bag so that you use the green bag instead.

some store ask you plastic or paper bag. i don't like paper bag at all, kill trees shocked
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 23, 2009
Threadstarter,
the shops over here have started hiding/sheilding carrier bags. they see you with trolley load of items but pretend like they dont have any bags left. . . . . . . all the name of saving the planet A.K.A 'being green'

M&S charge a fee if you want to use their carrier bag. i wouldn't mind paying for the bags as long as i can use it as freely and loosely as i want.
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 23, 2009
*Hauwa*:

maybe like some of those cashier hid the lynon bag so that you use the green bag instead.

some store ask you plastic or paper bag. i don't like paper bag at all, kill trees shocked
I support the move.

I mean, the target/walmart GO GREEN bags are so inexpensive and very easy to use. And their way bigger than reg plastic bags, why can't you ppl use them? tongue tongue

Not paper bags, I think they're made from cloth or sth like that.

OMO IBO:

Threadstarter,
the shops over here have started hiding/sheilding carrier bags. they see you with trolley load of items but pretend like they dont have any bags left. . . . . . . all the name of saving the planet A.K.A 'being green'

M&S charge a fee if you want to use their carrier bag. i wouldn't mind paying for the bags as long as i can use it as freely and loosely as i want.
rotflmoao. . . smart shops tongue tongue
If they don't, you ppl won't GO GREEN.

So, pay for the bags wink If you pay for them, they're yours, right?
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 23, 2009
do people really understand this "going green" fad? Or are they more interested in jumping on the bandwagon?

Its funny people cry about "going green" and YET still use gas stoves at home, use electricity (some from nuclear energy), eat meat, eat GREENS, fly in aircraft, wear leather jackets e.t.c.

"Going green" is not simply ditching your car for 2 days in a week and using smaller plastic bags.
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 23, 2009
davidylan:

do people really understand this "going green" fad?
Don't you? tongue
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Treetop20(m): 6:48pm On Apr 23, 2009
i do not know about carpooling
but i take the train when i can
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by mohawkchic(f): 6:50pm On Apr 23, 2009
~ Why are there not Much answers on how You All Recycle?~
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 23, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

Don't you? tongue

Its a passing fad that makes no sense. Most people are ignorant about conservation . . . dumping your car will not help the planet one bit. You might as well keep driving it.
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 23, 2009
mohawkchic:

~ Why are there not Much answers on how You All Recycle?~
I don't know.

Seeing how Lagos looks, I'm not surprised.

I wonder if our ppl knows how to practice the 3Rs

davidylan:

Its a passing fad that makes no sense. Most people are ignorant about conservation . . . dumping your car will not help the planet one bit. You might as well keep driving it.
How won't it?

If ppl continue to have this mindset, how would we save the planet?

Look, this might sound unrealistic, "saving the planet". But one step at a time.

How would carpooling help the planet? How would using Go Green shopping bags help the planet? How would removing plugs from the socket help the planet?

That's how it all starts. Oku ise o, continue to pollute.

Apart from less exhaust emissions, people can save gas money from carpooling.
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:00pm On Apr 23, 2009
davidylan:

Not about dumping cars, it's about less cars on the road. less smoke emission

plus less obese people making the earth cry tongue
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by sosisi(f): 7:06pm On Apr 23, 2009
You people can go as green as you want,I'll never be a part of that nonsense.
Why should I car pool with strangers shocked shocked
tufiakwa
If we had a train system in my city I wouldn't mind hopping on a train,but carpooling to "save the environment"
No!
don't want strange people in my car and I don't want to get in theirs either.
some of these people can be high on Igbo'
don't want someone driving me into the River grin
I want to leave work when I want to and go where I want to not driving some individuals maybe even loonies from place to place.
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by sosisi(f): 7:08pm On Apr 23, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

I can see you have a "more conservative "pic on your profile
You don "enter" church ? (that's what they call us)
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 23, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Aircraft, industries (including those who generate your power) are 1000 times worse polluters than your jallopy. You gas stove emits more than your car . . . where do you think all your nuclear waste go? Thin air?

Yeah lets just worry about cars.
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 23, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

If ppl continue to have this mindset, how would we save the planet?

Look, this might sound unrealistic, "saving the planet". But one step at a time.

How would carpooling help the planet? How would using Go Green shopping bags help the planet? How would removing plugs from the socket help the planet?

That's how it all starts. Oku ise o, continue to pollute.

Apart from less exhaust emissions, people can save gas money from carpooling.

We are but a tiny subset of the planet so forget this arrogant idea that we can "save" the planet. We ruined the planet in the first place . . . how are you going to "save" the sahara desert? How will you "save" the polar ice caps from melting? By parking ur car at home and using less nylon?
By doing marathons and raising money to "save" the planet?

When did Africans start buying into white propaganda about "saving" the planet?

I suppose we shld learn more about the planet we propose to save . . . your car is not the one ruining the planet. Perhaps if you guys buldozed your cities and replaced them with forests that would be a good place to start.
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 23, 2009
here's the best way to "save" the planet . . .

1. Reduce human population from 6 billion to less than 1 billion . . . plenty of manure for the earth and food for our animals.

2. Buldoze most of your cities . . . leave the forests for animals.

3. Stop cutting down trees to make ur furniture,, stop buying wool coats made from the fur of animals.

4. Those belts you make from crocodile skin . . . stop it!

5. Eliminate all chemicals from the planet (CFCs have done more to destroy the ozone layer all the cars on earth combined) . . .

Within 10 yrs of doing the above, trust me the planet would be back to the way it was 1000 yrs ago. Anything less than these are just cosmetic, "feel good" initiatives that do nothing but simply drive home the message that humans are ignorant hypocrites.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are Women Really Attracted To Married Men? / Husband Scarcity / I’m Pregnant For My Best Friend’s Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.