Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

How To Cope With A Nagging Boss - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Cope With A Nagging Boss (643 Views)

How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss / What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss / Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Cope With A Nagging Boss by HFMagazine: 1:48pm On Oct 07, 2015
Working in a corporate environment can be a wonderful experience and even fun especially if you have a pleasant working atmosphere with lovely colleagues. However, some people may not be lucky to have an understanding and friendly boss. The truth is, at some point in your career, you may have to come across one or more difficult, dominating and nagging boss and whether you wish to or not, you cannot be aggressive and impulsive while dealing with your boss, as it can ruin your job aspects.

So, in the following paragraphs, we shall be looking at some tactical ways to coping with a nagging boss.

Develop Your Skills (Working machine lomoh! ossheee! cool )

The most important thing you have to do is to first, put your skill and output on a check. Identify the areas that you do need to improve on; there is always room for development.

Improve and work on your skill to become a lot more proactive and productive. By this doing, your boss will stop yelling or at least have lesser reasons to nag, because you are showing it through your work that you are capable of the job description.

Be Confident in Yourself and Your Work

An annoying boss is all about complaints, queries and pointing out mistakes. I once had a boss that will use every chance to put me down; sometimes in person, sometimes in public. It was a terrible moment for me until one day I said to myself – ‘this man is not a god for crying out loud!! Why does he always find things to condemn?’ So I took up the courage to always present myself confident of every word or explanation I utter, of every work I present to him and the achievements I have made and guess what? I realised that he knew little or nothing about all the processes involved in getting the job done.

Hence, you must learn to trust yourself. If he/she cross-questions you about your work, be confident enough to answer. Tell yourself, ‘I’ve given my 100% and I generally don’t go wrong’. Many a times, bosses have this habit of proving you wrong and if you are gullible, you end up accepting what they say. At such times, your conviction will come to your rescue and conviction comes through self-belief.

Never Go into an Argument (You can never win because The BOSS is always right! grin)

Sometimes, we mistake self-confidence for confrontation or argument. The truth is, most times, your boss may be right. Do not get into an argument or confront your boss when he shouts at you. Instead, have an attitude to discuss your shortfalls with your boss later on. Your boss may not be happy with your work and that is the reason why he is shouting at you. Discuss with him what he expects out of you and seek his advice for improving your performance.

Other points could be found here: http://www.hfmagazineonline.com/how-to-cope-with-a-nagging-boss/
Re: How To Cope With A Nagging Boss by chocolateme(f): 1:48pm On Oct 07, 2015
Educative

2 Likes

Re: How To Cope With A Nagging Boss by coolhumble(m): 1:50pm On Oct 07, 2015
Noted

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Job Interview Success / Career Advice / Help! I Need To Start This Or I Wont Be Happy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.