Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,893 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist (20181 Views)

Nigeria May Soon Be In Total Darkness — Egbin CEO / Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist / Buhari Set To Meet State Governors Over Unpaid Workers Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:27pm On Oct 07, 2015
francizy:

Una no dey shame? Chai!

Isn't it pathetic that with just one man throwing an object into the power plant made it trip off and subsequently, that one object cause a massive 1,100 MW drop in power supply? When you sell you soul for peanuts, you no longer make sense. Abi na juju e throw put inside ni? All hail APC!

I saw queues at different filling stations yesterday, hope someone didn't throw stones again.. grin

Cc, Kaboninc, Wthetruth, TonyeBarcanister, DearPreye, Truckpusher, Anonimi, Firefire, a beg make una come help me judge stupidity oh!! grin grin grin

cheesygringringrin Maybe juju full the object thrown into the plant ...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by anonimi: 3:32pm On Oct 07, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
cheesygringringrin Maybe juju full the object thrown into the plant ...

Unfortunately Jonathan is no longer around to be blamed, otherwise this thread would have been filled by APCheat massturbaators bleating like goats all over the place.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2278704_gej_jpeg992928adad11461598fca84307c51f06

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2459746_fbimg1428082704929_jpeg6f4c0965838e0d57ca02df99a2f229e5

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 07, 2015
jnrbayano:
Bart Nnaji where are you?

cry
I pray they appoint him because when he was there, at least I saw improvement to a large extend but since his removal, nothing has changed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by atlwireles: 3:44pm On Oct 07, 2015
So a former employee of PHCN gained access into the plant and threw an object shutting the plant down. Keep lying to yourselves lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by dantewest: 3:53pm On Oct 07, 2015
Interesting excuse for the abysmal quality of electricity been produced.
Nigerians have been scammed since 1960.
Mr Body Language over to you.
Prob or nah!
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 07, 2015
donTbone:
angry

I made a comment before, the culprit should be dealt with
Ion think if the MD of Egbin is taught some lesson on management
of crisis, its not too much...

Still, some wailing wailers will blame the present administration
for bad power supply!

Keep wailing till the end of the regime!
i believe when nebo told nigerians reasons for shortage of power supply due to pipeline vandalism many of your kind called him inept...but right now we have to swallow what ever reason is causing the shortage of mega watts because buhari is in charge...abi....i give up on nigeria...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by chemmerfrank(m): 4:01pm On Oct 07, 2015
stanech:
hahahahaha

I better check myself oh. bad news about NAjIA just dey make me happy. Chai

opposition dey sweet if the government in power dey fvckup well well...

proudly 5% .......
bloody basta.rd..if your ibo am ashamed ofyou
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by stanech: 4:03pm On Oct 07, 2015
chemmerfrank:
bloody basta.rd..if your ibo am ashamed ofyou

your full family na bastard

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by kaboninc(m): 4:06pm On Oct 07, 2015
francizy:

Una no dey shame? Chai!

Isn't it pathetic that with just one man throwing an object into the power plant made it trip off and subsequently, that one object cause a massive 1,100 MW drop in power supply? When you sell you soul for peanuts, you no longer make sense. Abi na juju e throw put inside ni? All hail APC!

I saw queues at different filling stations yesterday, hope someone didn't throw stones again.. grin

grin

Bro, my own be say make the object find way commit. I wan continue dey enjoy this light.

No to for oshi.....

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by eazysmiles: 4:07pm On Oct 07, 2015
sa
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by kinibigdeal(m): 4:10pm On Oct 07, 2015
Sometimes i cry hard for this nation. Egbin is where i currently reside and i can shed more light on the ongoing crisis. After the privatization of NEPA, 70% of the workers were paid off, and retired, mostly with the age range of 60-65yrs. During the process, it was discover that many of this workers usually renew their age to maintain their job. The alleged estate usually have 24hrs none interrupted power supply, even if there are blackout nationwide "nepa estate" will never experience such. However, many of this retired staffs refuse to vacate the estate even after most of them own "mansion" within the shores of egbin but due to the 24hrs power supply and the assurance of fierce looking security agents protecting the estate, many of them refuse to leave. Now, the consequent are 1. New employees cannot have access to the facilities because the facilities are already occupied by this "self centred retirees", hence most of the new employers opt by renting houses outside of the estate
2. These sets of retirees are termed "cabals", most of their children school abroad and automatically comes back to get direct employment with official cars and a place in the estate which makes it difficult for outsider to come in

3. These sets of cabal are so powerful that any attempt to molest them will results to sabotage like what we are experiencing now. They did it to GEJ and now to PMB.

4. Most of this workers have reach their prime with no knowledge of electrical work, some of them, came in during the 80's as cleaner, driver etc and have no business working in a power generating plant. Currently in egbin, you hardly see a fresh graduate with a discipline of electrical engineering except the cabal children with business admin, biochemistry, political science claiming engineers and earning large amount with an official car and house whilw the real electrical engr graduates are languishing teaching, or working as a casual in banks "what a wasteful country"

5. Within the egbin power station we have companies like "chevron, AES gas company, NNPC etc these companies have the capacity to generate employment for fresh graduates BUT these cabal wonts. Never even try as a graduate attempting to submit an application there because you will be shown a lane back to where u are heading from. We have 4main gates linking to the station with fierce looking security men at each entrance. If you scale through one, you may not at the other.

6. In essence, the workers are at fault. Though the case is pending in court but the workers boost that cases in courts can take up to 10yrs before decisions are made which means they can enjoin their long immunity till the court decides and after if decisions were made, and if against, they can still appeal which will also take a long process etc that annoyed the mgt which prompted them to invite's some unfaced men with 3coastal buses to invade the estates during heavy downpour, thereby removing their roofs and exposing the workers. That neccesitate the current sabotage.

Sorry for my grammatical use of english, i dont have time to edit.

11 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by donTbone(m): 4:13pm On Oct 07, 2015
IzonOwei:
i believe when nebo told nigerians reasons for shortage of power supply due to pipeline vandalism many of your kind called him inept...but right now we have to swallow what ever reason is causing the shortage of mega watts because buhari is in charge...abi....i give up on nigeria...

Nigeria cant even feel you gave up sad
That doesn't say other Nigerians are
giving up too... Lets start blaming the
govt less and start living up to responsibility!
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 07, 2015
donTbone:

Nigeria cant even feel you gave up sad
That doesn't say other Nigerians are
giving up too... Lets start blaming the
govt less and start living up to responsibility!
ooh...its buharis turn so we should stop blaming the government and blame ourselves....i see... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by Bolaadu(m): 4:16pm On Oct 07, 2015
I don't have light 4 d pass 3days now,Am new here.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by donTbone(m): 4:20pm On Oct 07, 2015
IzonOwei:
ooh...its buharis turn so we should stop blaming the government and blame ourselves....i see... grin grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
b4 we start Blaming Buhari, let him tell us 'stealing is not corruption first na'
grin
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 07, 2015
kinibigdeal:
Sometimes i cry hard for this nation. Egbin is where i currently reside and i can shed more light on the ongoing crisis. After the privatization of NEPA, 70% of the workers were paid off, and retired, mostly with the age range of 60-65yrs. During the process, it was discover that many of this workers usually renew their age to maintain their job. The alleged estate usually have 24hrs none interrupted power supply, even if there are blackout nationwide "nepa estate" will never experience such. However, many of this retired staffs refuse to vacate the estate even after most of them own "mansion" within the shores of egbin but due to the 24hrs power supply and the assurance of fierce looking security agents protecting the estate, many of them refuse to leave. Now, the consequent are 1. New employees cannot have access to the facilities because the facilities are already occupied by this "self centred retirees", hence most of the new employers opt by renting houses outside of the estate
2. These sets of retirees are termed "cabals", most of their children school abroad and automatically comes back to get direct employment with official cars and a place in the estate which makes it difficult for outsider to come in

3. These sets of cabal are so powerful that any attempt to molest them will results to sabotage like what we are experiencing now. They did it to GEJ and now to PMB.

4. Most of this workers have reach their prime with no knowledge of electrical work, some of them, came in during the 80's as cleaner, driver etc and have no business working in a power generating plant. Currently in egbin, you hardly see a fresh graduate with a discipline of electrical engineering except the cabal children with business admin, biochemistry, political science claiming engineers and earning large amount with an official car and house whilw the real electrical engr graduates are languishing teaching, or working as a casual in banks "what a wasteful country"

5. Within the egbin power station we have companies like "chevron, AES gas company, NNPC etc these companies have the capacity to generate employment for fresh graduates BUT these cabal wonts. Never even try as a graduate attempting to submit an application there because you will be shown a lane back to where u are heading from. We have 4main gates linking to the station with fierce looking security men at each entrance. If you scale through one, you may not at the other.

6. In essence, the workers are at fault. Though the case is pending in court but the workers boost that cases in courts can take up to 10yrs before decisions are made which means they can enjoin their long immunity till the court decides and after if decisions were made, and if against, they can still appeal which will also take a long process etc that annoyed the mgt which prompted them to invite's some unfaced men with 3coastal buses to invade the estates during heavy downpour, thereby removing their roofs and exposing the workers. That neccesitate the current sabotage.

Sorry for my grammatical use of english, i dont have time to edit.

Whaoo..thanks for this ,i wish I can like it a thousand times
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 07, 2015
francizy:

Una no dey shame? Chai!

Cc, Kaboninc, Whynotthetruth, TonyeBarcanister, DearPreye, Truckpusher, Anonimi, Firefire, a beg make una come help me judge stupidity oh!! grin grin grin
Direct your stupidity at thisday
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by bmos(m): 4:28pm On Oct 07, 2015
obum88:
Buhari has a full cup now

How? Buhari is enjoying light where he lives. We the poor masses are the one sabotaging the efforts of the govt. And we are the one bearing the brunt of our stupid action. The sabouteur should be fished out and dealt with
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:39pm On Oct 07, 2015
Obiagelli:

Direct your stupidity at thisday

But you swallowed it hook line and sinker because it supported your political belief for now without questioning thisday cheesy

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by Pesuzok(m): 4:46pm On Oct 07, 2015
stanech:

my family dey Biafra oooh

Till then, but now they are in Nigeria and it's affecting them
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by chemmerfrank(m): 4:47pm On Oct 07, 2015
stanech:

your full family na bastard

you sure say u get family?? Omo jati jati like you..
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 07, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

But you swallowed it hook line and sinker because it supported your political belief for now without questioning thisday cheesy
U want to convince me to the contrary?
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by DMerciful(m): 4:51pm On Oct 07, 2015
Throwing something into the generating plant can only affect one plant......you have several plants in that location. If you have been to a power station before you'll know this is pure lie! Where will you throw something to?
Obiagelli:
Below is the reason for the recent drop in power supply in some areas.

This fellow should be severely dealt with, who knows what level damage this guy (former employee o)has cost us and how long it will take to recover 1100mw.

Lalasticlala Obinoscopy ishilove

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 07, 2015
bmos:

How? Buhari is enjoying light where he lives. We the poor masses are the one sabotaging the efforts of the govt. And we are the one bearing the brunt of our stupid action. The sabouteur should be fished out and dealt with

If you no get light under GEJ he dey clueless but under PMB na sabotage. Abeg jhoor

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:00pm On Oct 07, 2015
Obiagelli:

U want to convince me to the contrary?

It doesn't look sensible to me that with all the security there and the magnitude of a power plant that a mere object could be dropped to stop the plant ...And to even think the anonymous ex employee succeeded without any confrontation cheesy

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 07, 2015
donTbone:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
b4 we start Blaming Buhari, let him tell us 'stealing is not corruption first na'
grin
so you dey wait until him use that expression??...you go wait till you grow beer beer for tongue...this government has sold more lies than truth just within four months...be at alert and detect fraud when you see or hear one...
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by amosamali(m): 5:47pm On Oct 07, 2015
What I don't get is those retirees going to court because d estate refused to sell the houses to them..That estate is as old as 30 yrs

I remember in the 90s when I lived there and up till date there is always 24 hours supply there and as the management said "the houses are meant for the workers" ..so y are d retirees refusing to leave ??..
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by bloodkiIler: 7:53pm On Oct 07, 2015
wexyee:
e-terrorist rotten ibo. Ogogoro drunkard at it again

Ikpu nne i ebea

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by bloodkiIler: 7:53pm On Oct 07, 2015
eazysmiles:

An animal would always remain one no matter how computer literate he might be. So you still brought your stup*d*ty online. You'll soon say buhari's body odour is responsible for your epilepsy. ewu cool

Your mother is a prostitute useless bastard nonentity

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by bloodkiIler: 7:54pm On Oct 07, 2015
alt3r3g0:

Did you even bother to read the article? Retards everywhere embarassed

mugu

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by bloodkiIler: 7:54pm On Oct 07, 2015
Walexsammy:
Ur hatred for this administration wouldn't let u read the whole story to the end b4 spewing ur conclusion..i guess u didn't see or read wia they said the plant was sabotage by an idiot who threw an object inside one of the machines

Buhari is a terrorist - Elrufai
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by bloodkiIler: 7:56pm On Oct 07, 2015
ExInferis:

your signature:

"butchering people is like eating akara to me because killing is my culture and i can't just stop because i love shedding blood also i love forking ladies soooo hard grin am a bag full of trouble so steer clear from me
"

and the trash you wrote above betray you as a jobless, mindless, sick, twisted, demented, hopeless, fatherless, koboless piece of sh1t little boy let loose on the internet by the inattention of a half-blind, diabetic, cancer-ridden prost1tute of a mother.
Stup1d, silly, useless bastard of a small boy.

Thunder fire your mama and papa there Hopless son of a rabid dog And a harlot mother
Otu nne i ebea
Nkita lacha gi anya ebea
Afo sagbuo nne i
Otolo gbagbuo nna i
Kitikpa gbagbuo nne i na nna i Useless nonentity
Ikpu nne i ebea. tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

First Crude Oil Lift From Aje Field FPSO Due In August – Panoro Energy / Bury Your 2023 Presidential Ambition, PDP Tells Osinbajo / Lawan: We Passed Buhari’s $5.5 Billion Loan Request To Save 20 Million Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.