Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,960 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark (37800 Views)

Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save / Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS / Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by kahal29: 7:46pm On Oct 07, 2015
… Hails Buhari’s anti-graft crusade

… Quits partisan politics

The Ijaw Leader, Chief Edwin Clark, on Wednesday said former president Goodluck Jonathan lacked the political will to fight corruption while in office.

He hailed President Muhammadu Buhari’s ongoing anti-corruption crusade.

The former federal commissioner for Information also announced his retirement from partisan politics.

Clark said he has quit the Peoples Democratic Party and will not join the ruling All Progressive Congress.

Despite announcing his retirement from politics, the elder statesman said he will continue to speak out against any form of injustice anywhere in the country.

Clark, who spoke while hosting the “Think Nigeria First Initiative” group, who visited him at his Asokoro Residence, Abuja, said Jonathan meant well for Nigeria but lacked political will to tackle corrupt politicians in the country.

He said, “I have joined the group of those who don’t belong to any political party anymore.

“I no longer belong to the PDP. I won’t go to the APC either, but I will continue to talk as an elder statesman and leader of this country. I have left politics. If anyone comes to me to say he’s running for any elective position in PDP or APC, I won’t support you. I’m not a member of the PDP anymore.

“I’m a true Nigerian. I have Muslims in my house even though I’m a Christian. Boko Haram is a problem of all of us and we must fight it together.”

He reiterated his support for Buhari’s quest to fight corruption and urged Nigerians to support him.

“It is not everything done by the opponent that is wrong. I will therefore support the policies that are for the good of the country because Nigeria belongs to all of us.”

“We are all to support him, particularly in his determination to eradicate corruption in Nigeria. For eight years Obasanjo legalised corruption. Yet, he’s the one talking about corruption. If your brother is arrested, did he give you money? If your sister was arrested for corruption, did she give you money?

“Nobody should distract Buhari from fighting corruption. People should stop talking about sectional or selective justice.

“Jonathan didn’t have the political will-power to fight corruption. He’s too a gentleman. Drivers of yesterday are living in palatial buildings now under his government. In advanced countries, when you are living above your means, people query you. That’s not so in Nigeria. Former governors and lawmakers are now asking for immunity.

“Jonathan meant well for this country, but the will power to fight corruption was not there.

“In an ideal society, when a man who earns 20,000 as his monthly salary and all of a sudden he acquire something that is worth N100,000, he should be questioned, but here in Nigeria, immunity has covered those that should be questioned.

“That is not the kind of country that we want. Being a gentleman is not enough to govern this country.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/jonathan-lacked-will-power-to-fight-corruption-clark/

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by Dannyset(m): 7:47pm On Oct 07, 2015
Haaaa!
Are you sure this man is not talking at gun point? I knew him to be the class captain of corruption under GEJ. He swore to high heavens to pull Nigeria down alongside Tokunbo if their boy is not returned as President. What now happened suddenly? I could remember when he said "If PDP goes down we all go down". Or has Baba Owu hypnotised him with the Elders stateman charm?
Please pardon my many questions, but na fear they catch me oo! If this is how people change and give their lives to Christ, heaven go don full oo! Hehehehehe!
Edwin Baba tell us wetin happen gan gaan oo!

265 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by Femolacaster(m): 7:48pm On Oct 07, 2015
Baba niyen!
In those deluded Lower Niger Almajiris' voice, " Edwin clark is Yolober". It is better to drop sentiments when reasoning atimes.
Kudos to him for being objective!

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by GudluckIBB(m): 7:50pm On Oct 07, 2015
I particularly like that place were he said,Jonathan lacked the will power to fight corrouption yet some people will still insist that it was Boko haram that distracted GEJ from fighting corruption.

He even said drivers under jonathan now owns palatial mansions

Wailers will come now and say;

Make edwin clark dey go jare! Buhari don give am oyel well that's why he dey talk like this

123 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by theV0ice: 7:51pm On Oct 07, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy really

Na now morning reach for baba side. Diezani and pej go swear for this man if he no padlock his mouth sharperly.

To even think that this is the godfather some irredeemable folks were banking on to give the signal to set the country on fire because the man incapable of fighting corruption lost.

Anyway, Make I continue my laughter jare cheesy cheesy cheesy

51 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by Kyase(m): 7:51pm On Oct 07, 2015
Okay confession time? Talking truth time

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by Mutuwa(m): 7:51pm On Oct 07, 2015
Tufiyakwwwa.

Na ojuju de criticize ojuju..?

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by Tallesty1(m): 7:52pm On Oct 07, 2015
Stop telling us what we already know....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by ammyluv2002(f): 7:53pm On Oct 07, 2015
Story for the gods undecided

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by sigmundfreud(m): 7:55pm On Oct 07, 2015
Some people are beginning to see the light!
smiley

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by Mutuwa(m): 7:55pm On Oct 07, 2015
GudluckIBB:

Make edwin clark dey go jare! Buhari don give am oyel well.
Una go wail tire!

Forgiving a wailer(s) is an act of God.But fixing their appointment with God is the responsibility of every optimist on nairaland.it could be tru high B.P,ceasure of salvia, dry throat, heart ache,sleepless night etc.

I reiterate,May every wailer's life end in the Jaws of a hungry hammer head shark..Ameeen!

20 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:57pm On Oct 07, 2015
PDP shall be great again. Lol.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by GudluckIBB(m): 7:58pm On Oct 07, 2015
Mutuwa:

Forgiving a wailer(s) is an act of God.But fixing their appointment with God is our responsibility.

I reiterate,May every wailer's life end in the Jaws of a hungry hammer head shark..Ameeen!

Bro easy with wailers.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by Day169: 7:58pm On Oct 07, 2015
I can't believe what I just read! Coming from Edwin Clark? The same man who was ready to defend Mr Jonathan to the death, and a major beneficiary of the same Government? ..It seems my mind's playing tricks on me!

39 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by uchedydy: 7:59pm On Oct 07, 2015
Even wailers are falling in place.

17 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by gwales: 7:59pm On Oct 07, 2015
As the way things are going, pdp would become extinct by the year 2019

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by bettercreature(m): 8:00pm On Oct 07, 2015
tonyebarcanista come and read something

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 07, 2015
Nawah oo, na so life dey? Has he forgotten what he benefited from Jonathan administration? They run things together

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by agarawu23(m): 8:00pm On Oct 07, 2015
From his then godfather shocked grin

He said, “I have joined the group of those who don’t belong to any political party anymore.
shame on you old man. If every one should betray gej, I doubt you should be among.

PDP now losing hope after gej second term lost. But they were dining with him when he was In power. We all knew what you are telling us today already even if some fools failed to accept gej was a disaster to our nation.

Some mumu ppl go still wail and tell us PDP will rise again. Where ? When ? How ?. PDP is a sinking ship that will sink forever and ever (AMEN) tongue

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by Beremx(f): 8:01pm On Oct 07, 2015
If only he said this when Jonathan was still president.
Anyway,its not surprising since "Stealing is not Corruption"

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by drauj(m): 8:01pm On Oct 07, 2015
What is this Disease called?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by MrWisdom(m): 8:01pm On Oct 07, 2015
STORY FOR THE GODS... SOMETHING IS IN THE OFFING.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by omonnakoda: 8:02pm On Oct 07, 2015
GudluckIBB:
I particularly like that place were he said,Jonathan lacked the will power to fight corrouption yet some people will still insist that it was Boko haram that distracted GEJ from fighting corruption.

Make edwin clark dey go jare! Buhari don give am oyel well that's why he dey talk like this.
Una go wail tire!
Even with corruption countries still make progress.China is still very corrupt.The truth is he was truly Clueless and when you are clueless you surround yourself with clueless people. Check out his reaction to Chibok,The immigration death scandal,the 2010 World cup, MAULAG etc it was just one blunder after the other.

30 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by hinwazaka: 8:03pm On Oct 07, 2015
So, if Clark says he wants to join the APC tomorrow, the ediots on this forum will jump for joy, even after castigating him. Read his interview well, you will deduce that, he is still in the PDP, but just not active. The PDP has made it clear, that the days of Anenih and Clark are long gone. Unlike the living dead APC who prefer to die in politics, in the PDP, they have been benched and the baton has been passed to the young. In 6 yearstime, Nigerians will understand and appreciate the innovative agenda of the new PDP.
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by Monogamy: 8:04pm On Oct 07, 2015
Double face Pa Clark

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by agarawu23(m): 8:06pm On Oct 07, 2015
[s]
hinwazaka:
So, if Clark says he wants to join the APC tomorrow, the ediots on this forum will jump for joy, even after castigating him. Read his interview well, you will deduce that, he is still in the PDP, but just not active. The PDP has made it clear, that the days of Anenih and Clark are long gone. Unlike the living dead APC who prefer to die in politics, in the PDP, they have been benched and the baton has been passed to the young. In 6 yearstime, Nigerians will understand and appreciate the innovative agenda of the new PDP.
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
[/s]olodo
Read the story again and modify your post

66 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by babaijesha1(m): 8:09pm On Oct 07, 2015
E.K Clark was one of the people who dragged Gej down politically. I call on the Buhari led FG to start criminal investigations against Clark and A.J Turner

18 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by ajani1978(m): 8:12pm On Oct 07, 2015
But Dady, are you advice the Gentleman while he was in office. If yes. You are right to blame Gej. If No. You are not good Elder

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by sandraokosun: 8:14pm On Oct 07, 2015
hinwazaka:
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
shut up u fool!thank God u said clark remains in pdp same with anenih, they only just want to get a little respect by the party for failing to do anything significant after gej backed on them as godfathers spending so much on what they asked, when obj left him. Is bode george nt also pdp did pdp drop him! In edo, anenih is still playing godfather of pdp 4 2016. I thought he said he resigned

19 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by ramdris(m): 8:17pm On Oct 07, 2015
This old man seems to be finally getting over his senility....Good speech though.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by modath(f): 8:17pm On Oct 07, 2015
Planned to mock him but all I feel for him is pity, the man has lost all hope.

Even if he is lying the texts in bold got me..

I’m a true Nigerian. I have Muslims in my house even though I’m a Christian. Boko Haram is a problem of all of us and we must fight it together.”

Go in peace old man.. God will forgive you for knowing the truth, that Jona was a terrible leader, & still instigating people against the present government.

Remember the yeye letter you wrote to the north on the eve of elections

22 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 07, 2015
Which means that Jonathan is not coming back again in politics shocked

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Defecting PDP Members Will Come Back On Empty Stomachs - Jonathan (Throwback) / Crowd At Port-Harcourt Airport To Welcome Wike From Abuja (Photos) / Army Probes Video Of Soldiers Assaulting IPOB Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.