Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Why I Dropped Enyeama As Captain Of Eagles – Oliseh - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why I Dropped Enyeama As Captain Of Eagles – Oliseh (706 Views)

Ahmed Musa Steps Down As Assistant Captain Of Super Eagles / John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles / Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Dropped Enyeama As Captain Of Eagles – Oliseh by MrSmith007: 10:31pm On Oct 07, 2015
By Tony Ubani
Super Eagles Gaffer Sunday Oliseh has described the altercation between him and former captain of the team, Vincent Enyeama as a normal disagreement in a family.
Speaking on Brila radio, Oliseh said that the storm was over but insisted that Musa, the man who takes over as captain of Eagles have all the qualities of a good captain.
”I want a captain who is disciplined. A leader who can motivate other players. A player who comes to camp early. I want a young player not a retiring player as captain. And Ahmed Musa is that player. He is my captain”, Oliseh said.
When you have a new government like our honourable president just came in, he’s picked his ministers. And you have your philosophy and you have your way of working.
“As a coach I have looked at the team and I have looked at Nigeria going forward. We need a captain who will think of staying with Nigeria for several years to come, who is regularly in the front.  Ahmed Musa did a great job for us in Tanzania under very difficult circumstance. He is a very responsible player and he is the captain of the team. So he is the captain of the team, there is no question of a tussle.
He explained that the camp was in good mood ahead of today’s match. ”The players have shown their desire and we are working on stringing them together. It is unfortunate that the home-based players are yet to be given visas but we are hopeful that they will be here for the second match against Cameroon on Sunday”
Source http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/why-i-dropped-enyeama-as-captain-of-eagles-oliseh/
Re: Why I Dropped Enyeama As Captain Of Eagles – Oliseh by Abugab(m): 10:39pm On Oct 07, 2015
Is Oliseh saying Enyeama's 13 years in the national team is not 'staying' enough?
Why not make Musa a vice as Enyeama's perceived retirement is coming according to him? I bet you that Enyeama as a keeper could still have more years than Musa in the game.
Was Enyeama who is bereaved and just flew in from his mum's burial a serial late comer to camp?
Was the issue of captaincy discussed with him, the players or other stakeholders before the abrupt announcement?
In modern football, intelligent push the issue of team captain selection to the fans and players?
Who did Oliseh consult in this even at the NFF?
My take is that he should have applied wisdom as I am sure the team is divided right now and the players will play him out with poor performances. He should go and ask Siasia.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped Enyeama As Captain Of Eagles – Oliseh by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 07, 2015
Rubbish, which of those qualities did he have while in SE

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped Enyeama As Captain Of Eagles – Oliseh by ojeota(f): 10:57pm On Oct 07, 2015
I hope you wont regret it.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped Enyeama As Captain Of Eagles – Oliseh by dahmie2013: 10:57pm On Oct 07, 2015
I always said it, right 4rm wen Siasia was given d opportunity 2 coach, dese players are not disciplined. Little by little, every coach will notice dis.
Re: Why I Dropped Enyeama As Captain Of Eagles – Oliseh by ewosk: 11:16pm On Oct 07, 2015
MrSmith007:
By Tony Ubani
Super Eagles Gaffer Sunday Oliseh has described the altercation between him and former captain of the team, Vincent Enyeama as a normal disagreement in a family.
Speaking on Brila radio, Oliseh said that.
”I want A leader who can motivate I want a young player not a retiring player as captain. And Ahmed Musa is that player. He is my captain”, Oliseh said.
.”
Source http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/why-i-dropped-enyeama-as-captain-of-eagles-oliseh/

Rubbish

So just because a player has spent over a decade playing for a nation now he is about retiring he is no longer fit to be a Captain... i dont get the motivation Musa gives to the team on the field he hardly comment or make gestures sef...but whatever rock your boat Mr. Oliseh

Enyeama might not have handled the situation the way i liked but i respect his contribution to the Super Eagles over the Decade....It is hard for this to come at this time in his life and the issue of the last missed match played out here....
..... I will take anything but not insult to my dead mother – Enyeama

Oliseh fall hand

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped Enyeama As Captain Of Eagles – Oliseh by nzeobi(m): 11:24pm On Oct 07, 2015
Political decision just to be in the good books of buhari
Re: Why I Dropped Enyeama As Captain Of Eagles – Oliseh by Asiwaju9ja(m): 11:52pm On Oct 07, 2015
Abugab:
Is Oliseh saying Enyeama's 13 years in the national team is not 'staying' enough?
Why not make Musa a vice as Enyeama's perceived retirement is coming according to him? I bet you that Enyeama as a keeper could still have more years than Musa in the game.
Was Enyeama who is bereaved and just flew in from his mum's burial a serial late comer to camp?
Was the issue of captaincy discussed with him, the players or other stakeholders before the abrupt announcement?
In modern football, intelligent push the issue of team captain selection to the fans and players?
Who did Oliseh consult in this even at the NFF?
My take is that he should have applied wisdom as I am sure the team is divided right now and the players will play him out with poor performances. He should go and ask Siasia.

Enyeama want retire before na Carl Ikeme put fire for him yansh. I stand solidly behind Oliseh no more big boys, business as usual. CHANGE is here in every sphere. According to my President, He said and I quote "People should only be worried about the consequences of their actions" LOL!

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Boxer Larry Ekundayo Pummels Ghanaian Lamptey Joseph / El Classico Preview: Madrid Vs Barcelona Today 6:15 Pm / Nigeria’s First Goalkeeper Dies At 91

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.