Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki (14333 Views)

What We Discussed With Buhari — Saraki, Dogara / Buhari, Saraki At The Marriage Of Atiku's Daughters (Photos) / Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by GOATandYAMtheory: 9:26am On Oct 08, 2015
Senate President Bukola Saraki on Wednesday evening said the focus of the meeting between President Muhammadu Buhari and the leadership of the National Assembly was how to better the lot of Nigerians.

He said the meeting, which was at the instance of the President, was to devise means of delivering the promises made to Nigerians during electioneering.

Saraki spoke with State House correspondents at the end of the meeting held behind closed doors at the First Lady’s Conference Hall inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

He said, “The meeting was an initiative of the President for an interaction with the leadership of the National Assembly.

“It was a very useful session, being the first one. This kind of interaction helps in ensuring smooth relationship between the two arms of government.

“We discussed a number of issues: some of the plans. The general commitment is that yes, the National Assembly has legislators from different parties but now we are representing Nigeria. We have a common goal to see that we work together for the interest of the country as a whole.”

When asked whether his ongoing trial by the Code of Conduct Tribunal over alleged false declaration of assets came up during the meeting, Saraki said, “We are talking about what will make Nigeria work, we are talking about the promises we made during elections.

“Those are the big issues we are talking about and to ensure that there are no distractions. The focus is to ensure that the executive arm does things in the interest of the county.

“It is normal in democratic setting, from time to time, you see the parliament talking with the executive. That is how to make things work.”

Saraki said Nigerians should be confident that the present government would work in their interest.

He promised that the two arms or government were committed to work together for the good of the people.

“What we are taking away is for Nigerians to be confident that government is working. We are committed to work together and it is going to be for the good of Nigerians at large.

“It is a good development. We are all committed to what we are all elected to do: to make Nigeria work,” he said.

Saraki also justified the absence of the Deputy President of the Senate, Ike Ekweremadu, at the meeting, saying he was attending a conference outside the country at the time of the parley.

“Two people are not here because they are attending a conference. The Deputy Minority Whip in the House too is not here. It just happened that they are not in the country,” he explained.

Saraki and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, led the lawmakers to the late night meeting with the President.

Others who attended the meeting from the Senate included the Senate Majority Leader, Ali Ndume; the Deputy Majority Leader, Bala Ibn Na’Allah; Senate Minority Leader, Godswill Akpabio and Minority Whip, Philip Aduda.

Those who attended from the House of Representatives included the Deputy Speaker, Yusuf Lasun; and House Leader, Femi Gbajabiamila.

http://www.punchng.com/news/my-trial-not-discussed-in-meeting-with-buhari-saraki/
Re: My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by chocolateme(f): 9:27am On Oct 08, 2015
Ok
Re: My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by Zozot: 9:27am On Oct 08, 2015
ok na

lalasticlala
Re: My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by Rawani: 9:27am On Oct 08, 2015
The President has long absolved himself of Saraki's travails so this comes as no surprise.

GOATandYAMtheory:

“What we are taking away is for Nigerians to be confident that government is working. We are committed to work together and it is going to be for the good of Nigerians at large.

I hope Saraki is not speaking in his personal capacity because PMB is not working together with a usurper and fraudster like him even if Hell freezes over.

If Saraki worked together with his fellow party senators from the beginning, I doubt he would be facing his present travails.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by Segadem(m): 9:30am On Oct 08, 2015
Who ask u question?

10 Likes

Re: My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by modath(f): 9:30am On Oct 08, 2015
Still reeling from laughter that the wailers' comments on that other thread triggered..

That darling Bubu is trying to get into Saraki's good graces, so the senators could "help him" pass his nominees like they had any choice but to do so...

one can't help but laugh...

grin cheesy grin

15 Likes

Re: My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by Segadem(m): 9:32am On Oct 08, 2015
Rejected in his own town accepted in national assembly.

Anyone that takes this national assembly serious he or she is at own risk.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by Rawani: 9:37am On Oct 08, 2015
modath:

Still reeling from laughter that the wailers' comments on that other thread triggered..
That darling Bubu is trying to get into Saraki's good graces,so the senators can "help" him pass his nominees like they had any choice but to do so...
one can't help but laugh...
grin cheesy grin

They do not realize Saraki will do anything at this point to get PMB to intervene in his travails, he might end up as a rubber stamp to the executive ironically at this rate; even more impetus for his ejection from that hallowed seat.

2 Likes

Re: My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by Firefire(m): 9:40am On Oct 08, 2015
Buari the slow poison...

We hear you Mr. SP.

1 Like

Re: My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:42am On Oct 08, 2015
Saraki...Saraki... Your trial story belongs to the CCT Judge and not the president
Re: My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by egift(m): 9:42am On Oct 08, 2015
One thing about Buhari is he does not mess around (his friends and enemies knows that). You either respect yourself or stay away from his path.

Saraki and his legal team can have an extensive discussions at CCT.

Sai Buhari all the way!

7 Likes

Re: My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by sandraokosun: 9:42am On Oct 08, 2015
who u wan decieve? Ur pdp sympathetic clowns who u used and dump, after hoping u would be an obstacle to pmb, now u are sweet to him
Re: My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:42am On Oct 08, 2015
God Bless You Senior Apostle Firefire
Firefire:
Buari the slow poison...

We hear you Mr. SP.

3 Likes

Re: My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by Jesusloveyou: 9:45am On Oct 08, 2015
Even if, it was discuss, nothing PMB can do to save him

1 Like

Re: My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by Firefire(m): 9:46am On Oct 08, 2015
Let see how Bukola case go end...

TonyeBarcanista:
God Bless You Senior Apostle Firefire

Buhary is super slow...he should resign honorably or be overthrown -Ngene

3 Likes

Re: My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:48am On Oct 08, 2015
Firefire:

The president is super slow... -Ngene
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by egift(m): 9:49am On Oct 08, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
Even if, it was discuss, nothing PMB can do to save him

Buhari still have a long list of people that will be tried and sent to jail (if need be). So the idea of hank-panky deal is not even up for discussion.

According to Buhari "whenever your case comes up, get your lawyers and head to court. The court will decide your fate".

1 Like

Re: My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by Rilwayne001: 9:50am On Oct 08, 2015
Firefire:

Let see how Bukola case go end...
Buhary is super slow...he should resign honorably or be disgrace out of office -Ngene

undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by Pavore9: 9:52am On Oct 08, 2015
l guess it was more of 'Babalawo mo wa bebe alubebe' visit...... cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by modath(f): 9:58am On Oct 08, 2015
Rawani:

They do not realize Saraki will do anything at this point to get PMB to intervene in his travails, he might end up as a rubber stamp to the executive ironically at this rate; even more impetus for his ejection from that hallowed seat.

Saraki is smart, make the people believe he is in charge when he is trying to swim smack in the middle of a shark infested ocean...

He knows he has to toe the peace line after the ilorin eid stoning drama...

Some told me apart from the stealing perception, the other reason kwarans are upset is cos they feel he got in & is antagonising the president who they have trusted to right the wrong of the last administration.

2 Likes

Re: My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by TheSonOfMark(m): 9:59am On Oct 08, 2015
sandraokosun:
who u wan decieve? Ur pdp sympathetic clowns who u used and dump, after hoping u would be an obstacle to pmb, now u are sweet to him

PDP has been used and dumped? Pray tell, who's the Deputy Senate President? Who stands to gain if Saraki is removed? Who did Buhari beg for soft landing for his kleptomaniac allies cum ministerial nominees? Who made APC senators wail yesterday when Amaechi was being petitioned? Need I go on?

The only thing that has been "dumped" is your sense of unimpaired judgement/rationality.
♦ ⚡⚡⚡

2 Likes

Re: My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by Akbee(m): 10:01am On Oct 08, 2015
K
Re: My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by kolajoo(m): 10:02am On Oct 08, 2015
Politician can lie till eternity
Re: My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by charlyemail: 10:02am On Oct 08, 2015
[url]pheeww.tk[/url]
Re: My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by maestroferddi: 10:02am On Oct 08, 2015
Any need?
Re: My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by BCISLTD: 10:02am On Oct 08, 2015
Believe u...there is no way it would be discussed in such a crowded meeting. ...

I'm sure that PMB warned them against trying his patients with frivolous petitions against his proposed ministers...

Check out my signature Call or whatsapp
Re: My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by Folksyharry(m): 10:03am On Oct 08, 2015
Don't worry. Approve the list and all your sins will be forgiven
Re: My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by omenka(m): 10:03am On Oct 08, 2015
Good. Dem don humble this man by force! grin

1 Like

Re: My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 08, 2015
Rawani:
The President has long absolved himself of Saraki's travails so this comes at no surprise.

I hope Saraki is not speaking in his personal capacity because [s] PMB is not working together with a usurper and fraudster like him even if Hell freezes over. [/s]

If Saraki worked together with his fellow party senators from the beginning, I doubt he would be facing his present travails.

PMB- I'm afraid Saraki will impeach me

PMB needs saraki more than the other way round and must work with him.

Moreover he is traveling around with more corrupt people like Amaechi and having people like 78-million-naira-website fraudsters as ministers

1 Like

Re: My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki by webshopNG2: 10:05am On Oct 08, 2015
Sho need ni

(1) (2) (Reply)

Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi / Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets / Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.