Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon (52656 Views)

Massive Owl Killed In My House This Morning (pics) / The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon / Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by whizpa(m): 8:37pm On Oct 09, 2015
MissGdope:
The amount of animals being killed is ridiculous. Why can't we preserve our wildlife. Instead of killing them, donate them to a zoo or something. Smh

Preserve?? These people care more about their stomachs. Plus, would you rather have the animal lying around your house? There are no wildlife marshals to tame the animals. Being a Nigerian, our first instincts would be to kill and ask questions later.
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by Skipo212(m): 8:37pm On Oct 09, 2015
mulante:
I guess this is a monitor lizard. Sometimes i wonder how a harmless creature that has survived against all odds in the wild to become this big is put to instant death because we sometimes think its our neighbour's familiar that has come to cause us harm.

Buhari (govt. smiley) better make moves to resuscitate our zoos and reward Nigerians who donate any impressive wild animal to the nearest zoo, thereby conserving wildlife. If the thing na winch, make he turn back to human being inside the cage for the zoo.

Very soon, we'll run out of strange things to kill in this country and start killing people that speak strange languages.
This is an iguana not a monitor lizard
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by ceejay80s(m): 8:37pm On Oct 09, 2015
When I saw "big reptile" I think say na donor or dragon or even crocodile....tseeeew
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by idinye(m): 8:38pm On Oct 09, 2015
This reptile is most likely a kimono lizard
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by slap1(m): 8:40pm On Oct 09, 2015
lagmostkuit:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][size=12pt][i]Beht why u showing it to d general public?

Just because of FP undecided

I tire. How is that our business?
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 09, 2015
slap1:

I tire. How is that our business?
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by Aroh48(m): 8:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
Common aligator,u dey shout big repite.What about if u come in contact with python?
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by teflondoncuzo(m): 8:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
This is a monitor lizard. It's not even a big one, I have seen far more bigger once
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by IYANGBALI: 8:49pm On Oct 09, 2015
Seun/Moderator the day I will kill mosquitoe in my house and post it on nairaland,if it doesn't make front page,na wahala una dey find o
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by kinibigdeal(m): 8:49pm On Oct 09, 2015
Since when the man from daura has taken over, people have been hungrily killing innocent animal but when the man with phD in zoology was there, people are educated to conserve

1 Like

Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by IYANGBALI: 8:51pm On Oct 09, 2015
Aroh48:
Common aligator,u dey shout big repite.What about if u come in contact with python?
village boy,how are you? tongue
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by whizpa(m): 8:56pm On Oct 09, 2015
agongajoseph:
Alligator lizard

Bruh!!!

Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by sarutobie(m): 8:59pm On Oct 09, 2015
MsBella:
It looks like a Komodo Dragon...
komodos are way bigger than that, besides they are not found in this part of the world. The black man and destruction. kill, destroy, maim, brutalize, wreck, burn, crush..he doesn't know when to stop.
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2015
This thing is very dangerous, it sucks out the brain without any close contact with its tongue ,Very deadly, thank God for ur life o
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by Unikman: 9:05pm On Oct 09, 2015
Hello poster, I want to thank you, for your post, of that reptile. I think, you have posted it, to sensitize the people, of the dangers, in your environment. However, you are mis-informed. That reptile, is not a CROCRODILE. Rather, what you have there, is an ALLIGATOR. Bye for now and remain BLESSED. cool shocked cool
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by proffnico(m): 9:14pm On Oct 09, 2015
Unikman:
Hello poster, I want to thank you, for your post, of that reptile. I think, you have posted it, to sensitize the people, of the dangers, in your environment. However, you are mis-informed. That reptile, is not a CROCRODILE. Rather, what you have there, is an ALLIGATOR. Bye for now and remain BLESSED. cool shocked cool
What the guy showed up above is a monitor lizard..& the picture below is an Alligator

1 Like

Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by chopido(m): 9:15pm On Oct 09, 2015
aberyomi09:
I was washing cloths only to hear noise coming from the next house to mine, at first I thought the mallam gateman was being attacked, later I heard "halleluyah", I climbed my decking only to see one of them holding a crocodile.....I guess its called Anta in Yoruba
y did u kill the innocent creature na? embarassed
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
Na forest you dey live?
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by cuteboy2: 9:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
Stuff like this shows how really backward and primitive Nigeria is.

This specie might be the last one. And it has just been wiped out with shouts of "hallelujah"!
There are many specie of this so-called monitor lizard or iguana.

We are destroying our wildlife heritage due to fear and primitive need to fill our stomach.
Just this week people killed a crocodile, and most NL'er did not even know the proper name for it. Some called it big "lizard"

Our children will learn about their extinct wildlife only via oral stories by their parent's if they were ever fortunate to see any, or via encyclopaedia or Google.

Our backwardness is getting worse every day. Sad sad sad sad
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by oc2fish: 9:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
I saw one today near my pond. Bigger than this but i could not be bodored. Kill and risk jail term in Malaysia.

2 Likes

Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by okey4reel(m): 9:38pm On Oct 09, 2015
Ops funny oh, dats an alligator not a crocodile...hahahaha
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by Segzy19: 9:47pm On Oct 09, 2015
[Not monitoring anything. It's an alligator

people thats a monitor lizard. Its a delicacy in many cities in Nigeria. If anybody tells u dats a crocodile tell the person that GoTV is now very affordable.[/quote]
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by Marleek(m): 9:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
Anta na alligator no be crocodile.
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by supereagle(m): 9:49pm On Oct 09, 2015
Agilinti in Yoruba. Soup.
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by sunnysunny69(m): 9:52pm On Oct 09, 2015
We are a kill kill society

1 Like

Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 09, 2015
You guys should stop killing all this innocent creatures.
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by vislabraye(m): 9:59pm On Oct 09, 2015
aberyomi09:
I was washing cloths only to hear noise coming from the next house to mine, at first I thought the mallam gateman was being attacked, later I heard "halleluyah", I climbed my decking only to see one of them holding a crocodile.....I guess its called Anta in Yoruba

Op so this is you in the picture. Cool.
But you guys should preserve our wild life.
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by Adekunzy(m): 10:11pm On Oct 09, 2015
mulante:
I guess this is a monitor lizard. Sometimes i wonder how a harmless creature that has survived against all odds in the wild to become this big is put to instant death because we sometimes think its our neighbour's familiar that has come to cause us harm.

Buhari (govt. smiley) better make moves to resuscitate our zoos and reward Nigerians who donate any impressive wild animal to the nearest zoo, thereby conserving wildlife. If the thing na winch, make he turn back to human being inside the cage for the zoo.

Very soon, we'll run out of strange things to kill in this country and start killing people that speak strange languages.
mulante:

mulante:

BRO, BELLE FIRST!
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by IGBOSON1: 10:19pm On Oct 09, 2015
mizzyboy007:
Nigerians are just too quick to kill anything.... so pathetic.

^^^It's in their DNA!

Upon sighting any poor hapless creature that lost it's way and was unfortunate enough to turn up at their doormouth, their first instinct is to reach for the nearest cutlass! sad
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by olaola(m): 10:19pm On Oct 09, 2015
Na wa o. Where do you live? This same reptile was killed by some mallams in my house yesterday(Thursday).
What's the name of the animal?
aberyomi09:
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by udison(m): 10:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
Nna what are you waiting for.dis wan is goodu 4 pepper soup..
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 09, 2015
Ferraricash:
This thing is very dangerous, it sucks out the brain without any close contact with its tongue ,Very deadly, thank God for ur life o
this is the wisest comment have read here so far? Don't mind dose ppl saying "Reptiles are going extinct"! Dis creature is dangerous and should be killed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Things Every Guy Should Know Before 30 / Man Kept Lady's Lost Phone Safe Till She Called And Returned It / 8ft Python Killed At Eziobodo - FUTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.