Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,375 members, 7,819,363 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon (52674 Views)

Massive Owl Killed In My House This Morning (pics) / The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon / Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by DammyOlu123(m): 10:45pm On Oct 09, 2015
I still don't get it. There's these animals that don't belong where you found them. They are potentially dangerous. What do you expect me to do? Invite it inside, and wait till they get hungry and hurt someone?
The average Nigerian is not trained to handle these potentially dangerous animals, and they're not willing to take the risk.
I do not support the indiscriminate killing of these animals. But, what else do you expect me to do? Leave the thing there, to go and call neighbors to celebrate?
Then it goes somewhere else, where you won't find it. Then God help you if it enters the house, and you accidentally step on it, or something.. . undecided

2 Likes

Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by justjify(m): 11:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
folks been killing huge reptiles for the past 3days. started with Ogun, later we saw one in Awka, now this. #ReptilesGoingDown

1 Like

Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by blowjanet: 11:29pm On Oct 09, 2015
mulante:
I guess this is a monitor lizard. Sometimes i wonder how a harmless creature that has survived against all odds in the wild to become this big is put to instant death because we sometimes think its our neighbour's familiar that has come to cause us harm.

Buhari (govt. smiley) better make moves to resuscitate our zoos and reward Nigerians who donate any impressive wild animal to the nearest zoo, thereby conserving wildlife. If the thing na winch, make he turn back to human being inside the cage for the zoo.

Very soon, we'll run out of strange things to kill in this country and start killing people that speak strange languages.

I commend your point of view and really respect it but trust me a monitor lizard is not harmless, the saliva alone is strong enough to kill a human if it bits or an adult ingests it. anyway yes this is animal cruelty but lets be realistic, this thing will eat a baby or child and not give rats ass, protect your family if need be capturing it when your not a professional or zoologist, how will nigerians capture it and turn it over to zoo ?

1 Like

Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by Fremlin: 11:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
mulante:
I guess this is a monitor lizard. Sometimes i wonder how a harmless creature that has survived against all odds in the wild to become this big is put to instant death because we sometimes think its our neighbour's familiar that has come to cause us harm.

Buhari (govt. smiley) better make moves to resuscitate our zoos and reward Nigerians who donate any impressive wild animal to the nearest zoo, thereby conserving wildlife. If the thing na winch, make he turn back to human being inside the cage for the zoo.

Very soon, we'll run out of strange things to kill in this country and start killing people that speak strange languages.

lolz..
Ur hv said it al
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by blowjanet: 11:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
lmfao hilarious btw are you dcaliphate, the rappers ? (Achema)
Dcaliphate:
My people thats a monitor lizard. Its a delicacy in many cities in Nigeria. If anybody tells u dats a crocodile tell the person that GoTV is now very affordable.
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by engrjacuzzi: 12:20am On Oct 10, 2015
see Chinese people suya oooooo......u better don't let any Chinese see you with that creature
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by Nobody: 1:57am On Oct 10, 2015
Guy your gate man resemble Sango.. but the more important issue is why they had to kill that Lizard It is a harmless creature.. must we kill (and eat) every living thing we find in our backyards? Naija na wa o..
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by Dcaliphate(m): 2:09am On Oct 10, 2015
blowjanet:
lmfao hilarious btw are you dcaliphate, the rappers ? (Achema)
I guess not
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by Nobody: 3:34am On Oct 10, 2015
this is not a crocodile. aligator is d name of dz reptile.
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by Okeikpu(m): 3:53am On Oct 10, 2015
mulante:

Dats y Niggeria is called a ZOO... One kind useless set of pple. Ds are the kind of animals other reasonable countries spent millions of dollars trying to preserve.... But here in the ZOO they kill nd eat themall..
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by Greenrevolt(m): 4:09am On Oct 10, 2015
i dont have much to say... here is my 1 cent opinion. >>>>>>>>>>
www.nairaland.com/2651290/animal-protection-necessity
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by madjune(m): 4:17am On Oct 10, 2015
The reptile killers on nairaland are done with killing snakes.

It's now a season of crocs and alligators.
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by kaFANEN(m): 6:13am On Oct 10, 2015
mulante:

anything folks don't recognise, is a winch" classical illiteracy syndrome ".
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by dhayveed(m): 7:51am On Oct 10, 2015
Komodo dragon
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by ikp120(m): 8:33am On Oct 10, 2015
modelboy:
NIGERIANS STOP KILLING REPTILES!!!! AND ANIMAL IN GENERAL!!!! VERY SOON THESE CREATURE WOULD GO EXTINCT. WHAT WILL BE LEFT FOR THE NEXT GENERATIONS!!!!! KEEP YOUR ENVIRONMENT CLEAN, AND THOSE THAT LIVE IN THE WOODS, ADD SOME CHEMICALS TO PREVENT THE ANIMALS FROM COMING THROUGH....

Dear Holy killer please the meat you eat do you think it was made or synthesized in the lab using chemicals? The chicken and cow meat you eat are as innocent as the bush meat such as reptiles you say people should stop killing. Should they eat meat without killing an animal or will you give them money to buy chicken or goat or cow meat? Or they should steal their neighbour's chicken and goats to eat. If you do not eat meat, that does not mean others should eat it.
HYPOCRISY IS THE BIGGEST PROBLEM THE WORLD HAS!

I rest my case!
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 10, 2015
aberyomi09:
I was washing cloths only to hear noise coming from the next house to mine, at first I thought the mallam gateman was being attacked, later I heard "halleluyah", I climbed my decking only to see one of them holding a crocodile.....I guess its called Anta in Yoruba

Does that look like a crocodile to you , olodo.
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by otiigba1(m): 8:54am On Oct 10, 2015
Forget animal cruelty/ preservation, this people are hungry!, when people are hungry they will kill and eat any thing even humans.
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by abat4real37(f): 9:18am On Oct 10, 2015
It is not crocodile but alligator
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by mrbillz(m): 10:26am On Oct 10, 2015
mulante:

you have a valid working brain!
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by teflondoncuzo(m): 10:32am On Oct 10, 2015
Ferraricash:
This thing is very dangerous, it sucks out the brain without any close contact with its tongue ,Very deadly, thank God for ur life o
. Bros!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by enigstil(m): 11:39am On Oct 10, 2015
Na wah see wetin internet don cause, this are things that happens normally before the advent of the internet.People don't even raise an eyebrow.Every little thing we see now, is to bring it on the net.One will expect that with the level of exposure and access to the Internet, people should be more smart.How can you say this is a crocodile, that's a monitor lizard, called alegba in Yoruba, most pepper soup joint sell it.

1 Like

Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by modelboy(m): 12:18pm On Oct 10, 2015
ikp120:

Dear Holy killer please the meat you eat do you think it was made or synthesized in the lab using chemicals? The chicken and cow meat you eat are as innocent as the bush meat such as reptiles you say people should stop killing. Should they eat meat without killing an animal or will you give them money to buy chicken or goat or cow meat? Or they should steal their neighbour's chicken and goats to eat. If you do not eat meat, that does not mean others should eat it.
HYPOCRISY IS THE BIGGEST PROBLEM THE WORLD HAS!

I rest my case!
HOW UNWISE YOU ARE, I WAS EXPECTING YOU APPLY YOUR CRITICAL THINKING AND YOUR LOGICAL CAPABILITY HERE, BECAUSE IF YOU DID, YOU'LL KNOW THAT I AM REFERRING TO THE DANGEROUS ANIMALS. I EAT MEAT AND THERE IS NOT CRIME IN KILLING A COW, A GOAT OR A CHICKEN. PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE NEXT TIME.
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by Kayceewyte(m): 12:22pm On Oct 10, 2015
With all this killing of strange creatures, One day Bush meat go finish for forest
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by inspekta: 12:38pm On Oct 10, 2015
aberyomi09:
I was washing cloths only to hear noise coming from the next house to mine, at first I thought the mallam gateman was being attacked, later I heard "halleluyah", I climbed my decking only to see one of them holding a crocodile.....I guess its called Anta in Yoruba
Naija sefangry
Una n killing habits
Anything small thing wen pass una 20km radius Na death...una no de watch NatGeo Wild sef
Make una convert dese killing attitudes towards Boko Haram grin
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by ikp120(m): 1:23pm On Oct 10, 2015
modelboy:
HOW UNWISE YOU ARE, I WAS EXPECTING YOU APPLY YOUR CRITICAL THINKING AND YOUR LOGICAL CAPABILITY HERE, BECAUSE IF YOU DID, YOU'LL KNOW THAT I AM REFERRING TO THE DANGEROUS ANIMALS. I EAT MEAT AND THERE IS NOT CRIME IN KILLING A COW, A GOAT OR A CHICKEN. PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE NEXT TIME.

If i kill a pocket picker and let a highway robber live am I not a heavy fool and a hypocrite of the highest order? If you are really wise and mean what you're proposing, quit eating chicken, cow and goat meat, since these animals are really innocent and have no power to harm you and start eating lion, tiger, snake, crocodile and other dangerous animal's meat.

THERE IS ALSO ANIMAL EQUALITY JUST AS THERE IS GENDER EQUALITY, THEREFORE QUIT EATING MEAT! gringringringringringrin

I rest my case!
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by KimnanaTweety(f): 2:07pm On Oct 10, 2015
aligator niyen mehn!!!! its edible. eaten it severally
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by modelboy(m): 2:16pm On Oct 10, 2015
ikp120:

If i kill a pocket picker and let a highway robber live am I not a heavy fool and a hypocrite of the highest order? If you are really wise and mean what you're proposing, quit eating chicken, cow and goat meat, since these animals are really innocent and have no power to harm you and start eating lion, tiger, snake, crocodile and other dangerous animal's meat.

THERE IS ALSO ANIMAL EQUALITY JUST AS THERE IS GENDER EQUALITY, THEREFORE QUIT EATING MEAT! gringringringringringrin

I rest my case!
bruhh undecided you lame asf
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by fadjnr(m): 2:21pm On Oct 10, 2015
mulante:

Valid point about the zoo thing. But point of correction a monitor lizard is harmful cos once if bites you it infects the area with flesh eating bacteria.
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by OLUJOSHINS(m): 2:25pm On Oct 10, 2015
angry
lagmostkuit:

Anyways,
Thank God 4 killing it sha..
angry

How does it deserve death ehn? How? angry
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by OLUJOSHINS(m): 2:29pm On Oct 10, 2015
angry Heartless human being

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

8ft Python Killed At Eziobodo - FUTO / The Cobra I Killed In My Sitting Room Yesterday (Pictures) / Man Kept Lady's Lost Phone Safe Till She Called And Returned It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.