Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As (45066 Views)

Zambian School Boy Trapped In A Tree Cleft While Playing / Two UNILAG Students Die In Hotel Fire (Photos) / Where Can Physics Students Go For EXCUSSION (FIELD TRIP) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by Bollinger(m): 2:10am On Oct 09, 2015
Dennis07:
What is the fuss about this? Are there not people living in sango?

YOU CARE TO MANAGE YOUR DIABETES AND HYPERTENSION USING A NATURAL WAY... visit this link..

www.nairaland.com/2619089/natural-way-completely-manage-diabetes 

The fact that you don't see what the fuss is, shows how much you have been raped psychologically to the point that really phucked up shiit is absolutely normal to you.

1 Like

Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by kobonaire(m): 2:16am On Oct 09, 2015
A picture of the broken down bus would have been nice.
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by elvision1(m): 2:17am On Oct 09, 2015
Why she dey fear? Nothing dey iyana-ipaja nah! As long as una driver don pay afternoon money,lol. Make dem come down enter motor to yaba for under bridge there.
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by iluvpomo(m): 2:30am On Oct 09, 2015
manck2:
...some cartoonish gibberish...
It is time for you to visit a witch doctor since traditional medicine has failed you
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by Nobody: 3:12am On Oct 09, 2015
They way some guys act here iis very unpatriotic and uncaring

U won't understand the plights of these stranded fellows , not until u are the ones in a strange environment. Well, most of u commenting haven't crossed ur LG never in life so u won't understand. Is that not the same state with high level of both sexual assault and ritual crimes?

I blame the mgt of the socalled bloody excursion for using rubbish buses for such trip. That's to show his level of reasoning, I'm sure his aim was to make some little cash.

I also blame the students for seeing such unhealthy bus and starting the trip in the first place. I suggest the SUG shud do its job ASAP.
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by Chubhie: 3:45am On Oct 09, 2015
iluvpomo:
[size=8pt][/size] So I called "Sir Fred" to have some fun and after 5 minutes of listening to the guy mumbling nonsense, I started laughing .... anyway the guy realized he was the mugú and started begging me for N500 because he has not eaten since yesterday .... cheesy
You probably might have missed an opportunity to reform a misguided soul. He could be telling you some hard truths that he had not eaten since yesterday.

Nigeria is currently sitting on time bomb with no safety net to cater for the less privilege. We all should take some moment and think deep then be worried.

When I reflect on Nigeria and her offspring I wail for her future. I'm no Rambo nor Jet lee for the little quota of mine is barely enough for her desired change.
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by iluvpomo(m): 3:52am On Oct 09, 2015
Chubhie:
You probably might have missed an opportunity to reform a misguided soul. He could be telling you some hard truths that he had not eaten since yesterday.
Nigeria is currently sitting on time bomb with no safety net to cater for the less privilege. We all should take some moment and think deep then be worried.
When I reflect on Nigeria and her offspring I wail for her future. I'm no Rambo nor Jet lee for the little quota of mine is barely enough for her desired change.
ok, i will send him some coins ... on the promise that he will change his ways though (for what it's worth)
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by Chubhie: 3:58am On Oct 09, 2015
iluvpomo:
ok, i will send him some coins ... on the promise that he will change his ways though (for what it's worth)
Let's see if the youngman will be bold enough to pledge to turn a new leaf right here in the congregation of Gods people.
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by Pasidon(m): 4:22am On Oct 09, 2015
Wili wili things for una
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by iamsholex(m): 4:35am On Oct 09, 2015
wow....need anything on Konga?? a beg Holland me..09095942880..God bless us all
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by Excuzeme: 4:55am On Oct 09, 2015
Niyinficient:

Hehheeheheeheheheheheheh! If d guy no ban u, make I no why! grin

By d way, make dem do endurance trek reach school na, sebi dem don dey Ota, e no far from Lagos na! Abi no b students dem b?

Dont mind the lazy, over pampered Eediots!

"If anything happen to me" blah..blah...blah like a pry school kid.

Small time una go dey form Big Boyz Cultism on Campus? Ordianry Iyana Ipaja Area Boys una no fit command? grin grin

Usobusobu... Einbah-Eihnba-Eihn! ENDURANCE TREK don start be that.

BTW:
Mrs married woman with battalion kids, call your husband tocome and pick you up or is he watching football as well?

3 Likes

Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by GeoOla25(m): 5:01am On Oct 09, 2015
Smiles..all this Unilag folks ehn..it isn't absurd for a bus to broke down during a field Trip, and have you forgotten that the engine of this buses are Machines and Efficiency can never be 100 percent, your case happen everywhere, for the last Field Trip I attended on my way from Ekiti to Patti Formation at Mount. Patti at Lokoja , one of our buses broke down too, and also remember Tenacity and Resilience are one of the several strength of a Geologist..you must be hard than the rock you studied..just keep Geologizing, it fun and part of the Experience..I hope you had a good time at the Dahomey /Benin basin.
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by madcheddartips(m): 5:20am On Oct 09, 2015
This is why we keep saying dummies full Unilag.

A lecturer leaves u and says u cant go till u write a letter? Who will approve it? Senate?

Well Iyana ipaja is not bad. Stay in d bus mumu students.
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by tobolos(m): 5:45am On Oct 09, 2015
What is the fuss about this? Haven't you experienced a car breaking down before?Oshodi, The worst of all places was sanitized long ago so why the ugly painting. How did this made front page sef?
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by Akosxxx(m): 5:49am On Oct 09, 2015
what level op dey, calling feild work/feild mapping feild trip.. well, maybe na why una car broke down.
Education in Nigeria is in a state of 'higi-haga'. What happened to all doz grants from the oill companies that they can't get a good bus for students. Thats the state of the Nation
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by afinic001(m): 5:50am On Oct 09, 2015
akksplendor:
UNILAG Geology students trapped in Sango as their buses break down for hours, accuse management of risking their lives

Some Geology student of UNILAG have written in to splendormag this night to complain that they are currently stranded somewhere in Iyana Ipaja after their bus broke down as they are on their way from a field trip in Ilaro. They are blaming the school authority for showing a lackadaisically attitude.

Read what one of them wrote in...

Please, on behalf of Geology students of UNILAG, I want to notify you about of our dilema at the moment. We went on field trip in Ilaro, organised by the school. We went in the school buses. They were supposed to go with 4, but one of the buses was bad and we had to go with just 3 while some students had to stand in the bus throughout the journey. On getting to the place,we felt disappointed because the visit was meaningless to us as we didn't spend up to an hour before we started heading back to Lagos again. On our way back to Lagos just this night, one of the buses broke down in a lowly part around Sango. We got a Mechanic to fix it. Now, on getting to Iyana Ipaja, another bus broke down again. The sad thing is that it was only one lecturer who joined the students in one of the buses. The other lecturers were in their private fully air-conditioned cars. When one of the buses broke down, the other buses waited with just one lecturer with us while the other lecturers abandoned us there and went their ways. Since 8:10pm up till this moment(9:50pm), the lecturer left us in the bus with another person to look for a Mechanic at Iyana IPaja area. We couldn't find any Mechanic due to the rain. And It's only this lecturer commanding the 3 buses. The lecturer told us that we can't come out of the buses, so that people don't know exactly what's going on. He said he doesn't want members of the public to make a news out of it. Some of us who parked our cars on the school premises before going to Ilaro in the school buses told the lecturer to allow us leave and get our cars from the school premises instead of waiting for this broken down bus to be fixed, the lecturer is now saying that we must write a letter of permission at the spot before we can leave. And we need to go home to our families. I'm a married woman, my children and husband are worried.

Some of my school mates here are telling me this is one of the most dangerous places in lagos which the police recently asked people to steer clear of at night. But here we are stuck there.

It's so sad that UNILAG is putting our lives in danger. Imagine being out at a place like this at this time of the night. Not even in Nigeria of nowadays that we hear about crimes everywhere. The Lagos Police PRO is already aware of this because I heard some of the students have called him. Please I want the public to know that should anything bad happens to us, UNILAG management is to blame. Thank you."
http://www.splendormag.com/2015/10/unilag-geology-students-trapped-in.html

as their buses break down??
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by simonoyewole4(m): 5:55am On Oct 09, 2015
hmmmm...dats part of d field trip experience...you learn new things evry day of yur life, tho yu guys r already in lagos, dat shudnt got yu scared!
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by galadima77(m): 6:02am On Oct 09, 2015
Damalex4luv:
Nonsense news on front page undecided undecided, may thunder fire the left yansh of the moderator wey put this kind news for front page.
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by galadima77(m): 6:02am On Oct 09, 2015
Damalex4luv:
Nonsense news on front page undecided undecided, may thunder fire the left yansh of the moderator wey put this kind news for front page.

It seems geology departments in Nigeria have a thing for risking lives of their students.

Back in 2003/2004 during a field work, the bus i was travelling had break failure and it rolled over like 3 times before coming to a stop. Different injuries but no one died. Worst of it? We continued the field work!

Funny enough no one remembered or had the guts to inform the school authority.

So madam, i think it's becoming a norm with geology departments across federal universities!
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by lalaboi(m): 6:12am On Oct 09, 2015
Are Unilag students dullards or what? what will it cost to transport from iyana iapaja back to akoka? or is Iyana Ipaja no longer lagos? And you all sat down there in the bus? Y;all must love it that much. A sensible person who fears for his own safety would have found his/her squareroot immediately.

This is is not news abeg
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by kelvyn7: 6:21am On Oct 09, 2015
Damalex4luv:

hahahahahaha grin

I am sure the MOD will fire ur butt with suspension LOL
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by tpiander: 6:37am On Oct 09, 2015
Excuzeme:

Dont mind the lazy, over pampered Eediots!

"If anything happen to me" blah..blah...blah like a pry school kid.

Small time una go dey form Big Boyz Cultism on Campus? Ordianry Iyana Ipaja Area Boys una no fit command? grin grin

Usobusobu... Einbah-Eihnba-Eihn! ENDURANCE TREK don start be that.

BTW:
Mrs married woman with battalion kids, call your husband tocome and pick you up or is he watching football as well?

Uzogbuzogbu, not usobu.
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by nigeriancuban: 6:47am On Oct 09, 2015
lol,some protocols can be very funny and annoying how can the lecturer request for a letter of permission in the middle of a real dark woods?
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by d33types: 6:52am On Oct 09, 2015
galadima77:

It seems geology departments in Nigeria have a thing for risking lives of their students.

Back in 2003/2004 during a field work, the bus i was travelling had break failure and it rolled over like 3 times before coming to a stop. Different injuries but no one died. Worst of it? We continued the field work!

Funny enough no one remembered or had the guts to inform the school authority.

So madam, i think it's becoming a norm with geology departments across federal universities!

Hello..your statement is akin to saying Toyota hiace buses experience the most accidents...of course they do because they are the most popular transport vehicles.
Geology students are the most travelled set of students in school (variably) that's why they're the most exposed.. Sneh.

You people were counting the number somersaults abi..

And certainly no student felt the need to report to the school via the department president or even class rep..
Or they were scared to report despite that they'll have gone for another trip later on?

Besides, state schools don't experience all these?

I swear those (you) youths aren't the leaders of tonrorroww

Back to topic...I laugh at these breed abi brand of students

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) / Cowbellpedia 2019: Shocker! As Oluwafemi Adeyanju Takes An Early Exit / Anambra State Government’s Position On JAMB/Mmesoma Ejikeme Matter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.