Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,564 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) (5093 Views)

Some Inspirational Bible Characters You Should Model Yourself After Them / 10 Intriguing Nameless Biblical Characters / The Real Face Of Jesus: Forensic Expert Reconstructs How He Would Have Looked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by Oahray: 8:42pm On Oct 09, 2015
hahn:

What is a Nazirite then? undecided
the persons who didn't cut their hair, drink alcohol or touch corpses, because they were persons set aside as dedicated to God. Samson was one such person, born into it. Some became Nazirites after taking vows.
Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
Me like smiley

Give me David please shocked and I'll be bathshaba anytime wink

Bless the lord oh my soul cool

1 Like

Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by UncleSnr(m): 12:21am On Oct 10, 2015
Oahray:
dude, Nazarene and Nazirite aren't the same. A Nazarene simply is from Nazareth (Jesus lived there since infancy). Has nothing to do with hair. You people should stop mixing them up.

If you must mock the Bible, at least know what it says.
Lolz. You shot yourself on the feet here.
Oahray:
the persons who didn't cut their hair, drink alcohol or touch corpses, because they were persons set aside as dedicated to God. Samson was one such person, born into it. Some became Nazirites after taking vows.
Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by Oahray: 8:25am On Oct 10, 2015
UncleSnr:
Lolz. You shot yourself on the feet here.
*sigh* you still couldn't get the simple difference even with the explanation. Ehya, lemme try again. Both posts do not explain the same thing. My first post focused on who a NAZARENE is, that the term has nothing to do with keeping hair (like you implied). The second post was a response to a question about NAZIRITES, that they were the ones who kept hair.

Now Jesus wasn't a Nazirite but a Nazarene (from Nazareth), so the reason you gave for dreads in your 'bible-characters-must-be-black-to-give-Africans-some-worth' pic is an ignorant misconception at best.

You don't have to admit anyway. Most adult humans suck at it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by hahn(m): 9:28am On Oct 10, 2015
Oahray:
*sigh* you still couldn't get the simple difference even with the explanation. Ehya, lemme try again. Both posts do not explain the same thing. My first post focused on who a NAZARENE is, that the term has nothing to do with keeping hair (like you implied). The second post was a response to a question about NAZIRITES, that they were the ones who kept hair.

Now Jesus wasn't a Nazirite but a Nazarene (from Nazareth), so the reason you gave for dreads in your 'bible-characters-must-be-black-to-give-Africans-some-worth' pic is an ignorant misconception at best.

You don't have to admit anyway. Most adult humans suck at it.

I was actually confused about this and that's why I asked.

At the end of the day we are here adhering to another culture while abandoning ours

1 Like

Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by Oahray: 10:10am On Oct 10, 2015
hahn:

I was actually confused about this and that's why I asked.

At the end of the day we are here adhering to another culture while abandoning ours
well we don't have to convert them to Africans to show we aren't abandoning ours.

I don't believe culture has ever been set in stone anyway. It would always bend to external influence. The culture we know now wasn't the same as in the pre-colonization era.
Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by hahn(m): 10:33am On Oct 10, 2015
Oahray:
well we don't have to convert them to Africans to show we aren't abandoning ours.

I don't believe culture has ever been set in stone anyway. It would always bend to external influence. The culture we know now wasn't the same as in the pre-colonization era.

Exactly. We have chosen to abandon our own beliefs and culture since the colonial masters brought enforced their ideologies on us.

1 Like

Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by Anas09: 4:56pm On Oct 11, 2015
@hahn.
We are not taking up the culture and beliifs of the colonial masters. Tell urself the truth. Jesus wasn't a european, neither was he American. Jesus was a Jew, and he(Jesus) did not teach his followers the Jewish Culture. Jesus called it Traditions of men, and he condemned such practices.
The Europeans and Americans also heard this gospel once, received it, and brought it to us, as it was once taken to them. So let's stop this colonial master's religion thing.
When you guys go on and on with this attacks on Jesus, sometimes, I pause to really check what is so wrong about this Jesus and his teachings that makes people hate him.
Is it the peace, love, forgiveness, patience, tolerance, goodness, giving to others that he preaches that makes him bad?
Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by orisa37: 5:35pm On Oct 11, 2015
Sango has been acted by one of our own before and he made Sango real in Personality and in actions. Jesus of more than 2000years ago was real, yet noone knows how He exactly looked like. We are all imagining their Personalities and Spirits. In 200years time, noone will care to know if Awo, Azikwe or A. Bello ever existed.
Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by UncleSnr(m): 6:55pm On Oct 11, 2015
Anas09:
@hahn.
We are not taking up the culture and beliifs of the colonial masters. Tell urself the truth. Jesus wasn't a european, neither was he American. Jesus was a Jew, and he(Jesus) did not teach his followers the Jewish Culture. Jesus called it Traditions of men, and he condemned such practices.
The Europeans and Americans also heard this gospel once, received it, and brought it to us, as it was once taken to them. So let's stop this colonial master's religion thing.
When you guys go on and on with this attacks on Jesus, sometimes, I pause to really check what is so wrong about this Jesus and his teachings that makes people hate him.
Is it the peace, love, forgiveness, patience, tolerance, goodness, giving to others that he preaches that makes him bad?
That means jesus abolished the law.
Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by Bruno3000(m): 7:01pm On Oct 11, 2015
Thoniameek:
Me like smiley
Give me David please shocked and I'll be bathshaba anytime wink
Bless the lord oh my soul cool
haha.. Funny u. Hws ur sunday?
Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by hahn(m): 7:31pm On Oct 11, 2015
Anas09:
@hahn.

These same "traditions of men" were also claimed in the bible to be god's words undecided

There is really no way we can separate Christianity from our colonial masters because it was used as a tool to first enslave the African people and then later used to assert the dominion over us. We were taught that our beliefs were wrong and forced to subscribe to their beliefs. We were basically brainwashed to the extent we no longer appreciate our history and ourselves. Just like on Christian told me on another thread, "In Heaven we will have 'new flesh'. Wonders to behold!!" when confronted with the possibility that Jesus might be black. He basically chose the white skin over his. The ripple effects of foreign religion on us as African will need a whole new thread to discuss.

We don't attack Jesus and some atheists don't even believe he ever existed and that if he did his attributes were greatly exaggerated. We attack all religious beliefs and the belief in a supreme deity because there seems to be about 4,000 of them. undecided

Before Christ, people already knew these things. Christianity is very young fam.

Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by Anas09: 8:34pm On Oct 11, 2015
@UncleSnr
The Jewish customs of touch not, wear not, eat not, which the Pharisees held on to so tenaciously, ignoringly matters like love, forgiveness,mercy peace etc. What the Jews held on to were Customs, and those weren't Jesus' concerns.
Did you ask if Jesus abolish those Customs? He walked away from them, that was why spies were constantly sent to listen and see what he will do and say,so that they can accuse him of not keeping the jewish law. One of the reasons they found him quilty.
Now which law exactly were u asking if christ abolished?
My point here is, what we christians abide by are not the jewish customs and ideologies, we adhere to the teachings of christ. We maybe doing a poor job of it, but that's what we stand for and by.
Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by hahn(m): 9:00pm On Oct 11, 2015
Anas09:
@UncleSnr
The Jewish customs of touch not, wear not, eat not, which the Pharisees held on to so tenaciously, ignoringly matters like love, forgiveness,mercy peace etc. What the Jews held on to were Customs, and those weren't Jesus' concerns.
Did you ask if Jesus abolish those Customs? He walked away from them, that was why spies were constantly sent to listen and see what he will do and say,so that they can accuse him of not keeping the jewish law. One of the reasons they found him quilty.
My point here is, what we christians abide by are not the jewish customs and ideologies, we adhere to the teachings of christ. We are doing a poor job of it, but that's what we stand for and by.

Fixed grin

Thank me later tongue
Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by Anas09: 9:36pm On Oct 11, 2015
@Hahn.
Pls take ur focus away from fallible men and beam ur focus on christ.
Human beings are selfish.
The Strong preys on the weak every chance they get. They didn't do what they did because the book they carried told them to, they use basically the ignorance of the weak as a tool. The colonial master who used religion as a tool to enslave people, will answer for themselves. If I found what they did in the scriptures, then that's where I'll have a problem.
Christians are enjoined to go and make diciples of men, not enslave and rob them of their goods. Talking about enslavement. Christianity, in its true form, liberates, not enslave.

Am not afraid of making mistakes in performing any sacrifice or rituals, if I were an idol worshipper. I don't feel any burden of performing rituals where and when to perform them. Where ever I go, I go with my God. I can decide to pray in the car, while walking on the road. I can decide not to even pray. Am free.
Its about jesus, not about who brought the message from jesus.
If he failed show me.
And you talked about people who did what jesus did long before he came to the world. I need names and who they did these good deeds to.
Shalom.
Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by UncleSnr(m): 10:17pm On Oct 11, 2015
Anas09:
@UncleSnr
My point here is, what we christians abide by are not the jewish customs and ideologies, we adhere to the teachings of christ. We maybe doing a poor job of it, but that's what we stand for and by.
If I may ask, who gave the jews the custom?
Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 12, 2015
Bruno3000:
haha.. Funny u. Hws ur sunday?

It was great!
Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by johnydon22(m): 8:30am On Oct 12, 2015
Thoniameek:

It was great!
I had a dream where we got married wink
So **Gets down on one knee, Hahn hands me a ring**
Sweety will you marry mewinkkiss
Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by hahn(m): 8:42am On Oct 12, 2015
johnydon22:

What of freecocoa? undecided
Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by johnydon22(m): 9:00am On Oct 12, 2015
hahn:

What of freecocoa? undecided

That one na real Mrs Johnydon22 na.... no two ways about that
Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by hahn(m): 9:17am On Oct 12, 2015
johnydon22:

That one na real Mrs Johnydon22 na.... no two ways about that

Ok. I get it. You're polygamous. Cool grin
Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 12, 2015
johnydon22:

*speechless* I... Uhmmm.... *stammering* I'm.... I'm married you see, to Jesus.
Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by johnydon22(m): 7:51pm On Oct 12, 2015
Thoniameek:

Hhmmmm speechless... Uuhm married to JESUS still doesn't mean you can't marry me..

So am still on my knees...Marry me?
Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by hahn(m): 8:04pm On Oct 12, 2015
Thoniameek:

So are about 1billion other women undecided
Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 12, 2015
johnydon22:
Hhmmmm speechless... Uuhm married to JESUS still doesn't mean you can't marry me..

So am still on my knees...Marry me?

I can't marry you obviously tongue
Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by johnydon22(m): 8:13pm On Oct 12, 2015
Thoniameek:

I can't marry you obviously tongue

Lmao...

why na sad Tell me anything i will do it... embarassed
Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 12, 2015
hahn:

So are about 1billion other women undecided

Chill dude! It's just a lyric to wade off them dudes we're not interested in wink

Some babes mean it though....
Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 12, 2015
johnydon22:

Lmao...

why na sad Tell me anything i will do it... embarassed

.... Because you said you have this Catholic babe your dating who has no idea about your "belief"..... And then there's freecoca and you two are a match made in some science lab....

Where do I fit in then?
Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by johnydon22(m): 8:29pm On Oct 12, 2015
Thoniameek:

.... Because you said you have this Catholic babe your dating who has no idea about your "belief"..... And then there's freecoca and you two are a match made in some science lab....

Where do I fit in then?
Lmao... Unbelief rather...wink and i freaking have told her now shaa.. I don't hide who i am cus am proud of me.

Hehehehehehehe make una no joke with freecocoa give me oo, that one na certified mrs Johnydon22 .... its a match made on earth not a lab.. Nature did...

Oya be my concubine .. grin solomon had 300 and he is the wisest guy according to you lot.. (wonder how..lol..)

So be my concubine honey kiss
Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 12, 2015
johnydon22:
Lmao... Unbelief rather...wink and i freaking have told her now shaa.. I don't hide who i am cus am proud of me.

Hehehehehehehe make una no joke with freecocoa give me oo, that one na certified mrs Johnydon22 .... its a match made on earth not a lab.. Nature did...

Oya be my concubine .. grin solomon had 300 and he is the wisest guy according to you lot.. (wonder how..lol..)

So be my concubine honey kiss

Concub - what?! Concubine ni cucumber ke

Nah! I know my worth bro.... I can't be number 1 or 2, I can only be the "only one"
Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by johnydon22(m): 9:20pm On Oct 12, 2015
Thoniameek:

Concub - what?! Concubine ni cucumber ke

Nah! I know my worth bro.... I can't be number 1 or 2, I can only be the "only one"

Hahahahahahahahahahaha forget that thing jooooor..

...See your mouth... You are right oo.. it should be 1man 1woman....

1 Like

Re: What They Would Have Looked Like (Biblical Characters) by hahn(m): 10:49pm On Oct 12, 2015
Thoniameek:

Chill dude! It's just a lyric to wade off them dudes we're not interested in wink

Some babes mean it though....

Madam, even if Jesus finally decides to come to earth, he will first be faced will millions of christian women who will practically be throwing their pvssy at him.

His worship will be worse than Justin Bieber's. That he can be seen live? Women no go gree o. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

End-time Bible Teaching: The Day Of The Lord / Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? / Should Pastors/ministries Sell Their Books And Messages?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.