Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men) (24994 Views)

31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) / Weapons And Charms Recovered From Cultists In Rivers State (Photos) / Man Stabs Lover To Death, Flees Ogun Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men) by dre11(m): 11:55am On Oct 09, 2015
By Daud Olatunji
Residents of a community in Iyana -Iyesi in Ado/Odo-Ota Local Government Area of Ogun State were shocked when the news filtered into the town that their night guard who was employed to secure them and their property had been arrested for robbery. The residents who spoke with Vanguard said their initial reaction was that they took it as a mere rumour, but, the reality dawned on them when the forty-eight year-old night guard, Sunday Uche was paraded by the state Police Command for robbery.

Uche was recently arrested alongside four others for robbing some houses in Iyana Iyesi community in the Council. The embattled night guard who until the time of arrest was a security guard employed to secure the community at night reportedly led the robbers to the community and made away with a Sports Utility Vehicle.
The night guard was paraded alongside Aliu Muhammad, Shakiru Ojulari, Ademola Akiniyi and Benedict Odeh at the Special Anti-Robbery Squad office, Magbon, Abeokuta. The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Muyiwa Adejobi who paraded the suspects, said one of the robbers was arrested in Lafenwa, Abeokuta following a tip off that led men of the SARS, to the arrest of the others including the night guard.

Suspects’ confession
The night guard, Uche said, “my friends lured me into this, they came to tell me they have a car they want to sell , they asked me to lead them and that they have customers who will buy the car. “We went into the estate and saw a car which we took, while driving the car, we noticed it was not functioning well, so we left it there. “I am the security man of that place, I told them I won’t follow them to my street, so they went there to rob.

“I was called that armed robbers have invaded the community, I told the callers that I am also on the street. I own a gun, I gave it to them for the operation.” Another suspect, Muhammad, a bricklayer said he joined the gang after returning from a remand centre. “When I was about leaving ATM, I met a friend who stays in my area,he told me he has people who need cars and he would connect me with them.
“After I left, he started calling me on phone. So, I told him I saw a car around where I work, he told me to call him when I’m through with the car. “We robbed the woman at Itele road and he told me to come to Abeokuta with the car and it was a Lafenwa that police arrested.”

Police react
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state DSP Muyiwa Adejobi while parading the suspects at the SARS office, Magbon, Abeokuta disclosed that they were arrested in Lafenwa in Abeokuta following a tip off., Adejobi said, the command later discovered that a night guard that was employed by the people in Itele was among the robbers that were arrested.,

* The PPRO said, while the robbery was going on, the people in the community called the night guard to rescue them and he assured them that things were under control.,
* According to Adejobi, the police recovered one Rav 4 Jeep registration number Lagos JJJ 559 BF, two locally made double barrel guns, six live cartridges, eleven phones and assorted charms.,
* He said, “Men of Special anti-Robbery Squad of the state Police Command led by Muhammad Tijani arrested the suspects following a tip off.,
* “The suspects have confessed to the crime and would soon be charged to court.,
* “The Police have found out that the night guard was the leader of the gang and had confessed to the crime.
The Police also learnt that while the robbery operation was going on the people of the area called him but he said they should not be worried whereas he was actually the leader of the gang that was robbing them., “The suspects would be charged to court after the completion of the investigation”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/ogun-community-where-the-guard-is-the-thief/

Picture of suspected criminals paraded by the police in Ogun State

1 Like

Re: Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men) by midehi2(f): 11:59am On Oct 09, 2015
thief to catch thief grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men) by Islie: 12:06pm On Oct 09, 2015
The residents who spoke with Vanguard said their initial reaction was that they took it as a mere rumour, but, the reality dawned on them when the forty-eight year-old night guard, Sunday Uche was paraded by the state Police Command for robbery.

This is what we say..... 'kokoro ti je efo, ara efo lowa

6 Likes

Re: Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men) by 360ng: 12:10pm On Oct 09, 2015
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men) by richidinho(m): 12:10pm On Oct 09, 2015
grin

only in Western Nigeria

where is Ade Adesuwa pls?

8 Likes

Re: Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men) by frankwells(f): 12:11pm On Oct 09, 2015
Re: Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men) by walanter(m): 12:11pm On Oct 09, 2015
Too bad
Re: Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men) by omusiliyu(m): 12:11pm On Oct 09, 2015
kiss
NANCN
Re: Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men) by porrigeyam(m): 12:11pm On Oct 09, 2015
International association of name cheakers (IANC) wink

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men) by warrior01: 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
O
Re: Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men) by ITSaWRAPPP: 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
Incredible.

Fellow Nairalanders, please check out our incredible offer below

Re: Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
Fools!

Not referring to the thieves, referring instead to the bigoted idiots commenting on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men) by damton(m): 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
Yoruba's will say "using cat to guard the meat"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men) by SouthernBreeze(m): 12:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
Coming from the Gateway State grin
Re: Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men) by AdemolaA2: 12:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
Too bad.. someone who was paid to save guard lives and properties ended up been caught wanting to wreck havoc. His cup was just full. Thats all!!!
Re: Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men) by ketekete: 12:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
HAhahahahahaha cheesy. This is the most funny news am reading today. This is bad in all ways
Re: Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men) by loomer: 12:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
No be today this one start na
Re: Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men) by warrior01: 12:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
I always talk am say combination of Igbo and Yoruba for night duty no dey good. Now, una see the repercussions?
Re: Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men) by Khoded1(m): 12:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
you c lyf. Well kokoro to hun jefo, ara efo lowa.
Re: Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men) by Pope22(m): 12:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
People of this country sef!
Re: Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men) by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 09, 2015
good
Re: Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men) by maxiuc(m): 12:14pm On Oct 09, 2015
Choi my name sake don fall hand oooooo kai when fake uches are bearing uche as their names this is what u get
Re: Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men) by Pavore9: 12:14pm On Oct 09, 2015
They should do the time.
Re: Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men) by dandydrey(m): 12:15pm On Oct 09, 2015
Uche!!!! Omo ibo jatijati

Why u no go ur home town dey rob nah?

Rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men) by tolexy007(m): 12:16pm On Oct 09, 2015
n
Re: Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men) by encryptjay(m): 12:16pm On Oct 09, 2015
Don't mess with my connect
Re: Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men) by Richie0974: 12:17pm On Oct 09, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Nabbed In Ghana For Trying To Smuggle Drugs Hidden In Rapped Clothes / How Police Plotted To Bury Ogbomoso #EndSARS Victims Without Autopsy / Police Injure Female LASTMA Officer For Interrupting Their One-Way Driving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.