Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,758 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:00 AM

Have You Seen This Legless Lagos Danfo Bus Driver? (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Have You Seen This Legless Lagos Danfo Bus Driver? (Photos) (40046 Views)

The Interiors Of The New Lagos Danfo Buses (Photos) / Dorcas Shola Fapson Escapes Kidnapping & Rape From Taxify Driver (Photos) / Man Hanging Onto A Truck Killed In Imo By A Hit & Run Driver. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Seen This Legless Lagos Danfo Bus Driver? (Photos) by Ryda(m): 2:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
If d govt should stop him from driving, then they should be able to gve him a job

if i enta d guy bus nd i notice he got no legs...i'll do d right thing abeg
Re: Have You Seen This Legless Lagos Danfo Bus Driver? (Photos) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
weird city...crazy people.
Re: Have You Seen This Legless Lagos Danfo Bus Driver? (Photos) by antifailure(m): 2:50pm On Oct 09, 2015
Missonas:
Is it his other hand hez using to control break and gear? What happens wen he needs both hands on the wheel? Not safe mehn! As much as i admire his determination he should look for other jobs he can do without endangering his life and others
I love reasonable people. i think u are one. keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen This Legless Lagos Danfo Bus Driver? (Photos) by jaymichael(m): 3:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
We did not see his face na. There is one driver I used to know that plies Mile 2 oregie boundary(Ajegunle) route. He has only one leg. He drives an automatic transmission danfo and uses his walking stick to press the accelerator. Nothing can subdue survival.
Re: Have You Seen This Legless Lagos Danfo Bus Driver? (Photos) by shopandmall(m): 3:42pm On Oct 09, 2015
it is very legal for such physically challenged people to drive with the right driving aids, they can can even be proper licensed drivers.
Re: Have You Seen This Legless Lagos Danfo Bus Driver? (Photos) by ugbah007: 3:55pm On Oct 09, 2015
I thought the car was automatic,but I just notices he is holding a walking stick to serve as the other leg.very funny.
Re: Have You Seen This Legless Lagos Danfo Bus Driver? (Photos) by Holuwathoby(m): 4:05pm On Oct 09, 2015
I've entered his bus before, abt 2yrs back and I didn't know because he drive so 'expertedly' untill he got down @ Ogba to do something at the bus stop. Twas a big surprise
Re: Have You Seen This Legless Lagos Danfo Bus Driver? (Photos) by Holuwathoby(m): 4:06pm On Oct 09, 2015
ugbah007:
I thought the car was automatic,but I just notices he is holding a walking stick to serve as the other leg.very funny.
the bus is automatic
Re: Have You Seen This Legless Lagos Danfo Bus Driver? (Photos) by Wisdomkosi(m): 4:14pm On Oct 09, 2015
Fxwarrior:

Yeah right. Hustling with Nigerians' lives which presumably have no real values.
my brother if you like enter, e no concern me.
Re: Have You Seen This Legless Lagos Danfo Bus Driver? (Photos) by okeyscrib(m): 4:19pm On Oct 09, 2015
Cutehector:
Wtf!!!! Disabled persons aren't allowed to drive! Nw I knw FRSC is fvcked up!

Don't sound like an Ignoramus out of ignorance. This happens.
Re: Have You Seen This Legless Lagos Danfo Bus Driver? (Photos) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 09, 2015
Does Nigerian citizens have disability benefits? How do you expect him to cater for himself and family. Beg on the street? Or how?

FRSC needs to make alternative source of income available to him if they must stop him from driving his bus.
Re: Have You Seen This Legless Lagos Danfo Bus Driver? (Photos) by oroagba: 5:29pm On Oct 09, 2015
It is quite disheartening the comments from people without disabilities about this physically challenged driver. It shows that in spite of some level of education, so many are still plainly ignorant and full of bias. It is really very shameful. That a person cannot use (or doesn't) have parts of his body does not mean that s/he shouldn't make use of any opportunity available to get the best from life.

The FRSC cannot refuse to give him a license because there is a special class of license issued to persons with a disability after they've been tested and found fit to drive a vehicle. There so many "fit" people that cannot drive along a straight line.

I am physically challenged and I drive by myself, I have a genuine drivers license. Driving within the city as well as long distances such as from Abuja to Lagos is no big deal for me, I've made the trip with my family many times. In fact, I do love driving on road trips.

Everyone should realize that disability can come at anytime and in any form. Nobody prays for it, but things happen in life. That someone is disabled doesn't mean s/he has to be sidelined in life. A sensible society would recognize this and provide the needed support rather than behaving as if disability is equal to condemnation.

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen This Legless Lagos Danfo Bus Driver? (Photos) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
Onyeka32:

http://tiwasblog.co/2015/09/photos-have-you-seen-this-legless-lagos-danfo-bus-driver/

No worries at all.

For the safety nazis, there's nothing stopping your able bodied driver from having s heart attach while driving or go into an hepileptic fit.
Re: Have You Seen This Legless Lagos Danfo Bus Driver? (Photos) by delishpot: 6:00pm On Oct 09, 2015
Inspiring
Re: Have You Seen This Legless Lagos Danfo Bus Driver? (Photos) by delishpot: 6:06pm On Oct 09, 2015
oroagba:
It is quite disheartening the comments from people without disabilities about this physically challenged driver. It shows that in spite of some level of education, so many are still plainly ignorant and full of bias. It is really very shameful. That a person cannot use (or doesn't) have parts of his body does not mean that s/he shouldn't make use of any opportunity available to get the best from life.

The FRSC cannot refuse to give him a license because there is a special class of license issued to persons with a disability after they've been tested and found fit to drive a vehicle. There so many "fit" people that cannot drive along a straight line.

I am physically challenged and I drive by myself, I have a genuine drivers license. Driving within the city as well as long distances such as from Abuja to Lagos is no big deal for me, I've made the trip with my family many times. In fact, I do love driving on road trips.

Everyone should realize that disability can come at anytime and in any form. Nobody prays for it, but things happen in life. That someone is disabled doesn't mean s/he has to be sidelined in life. A sensible society would recognize this and provide the needed support rather than behaving as if disability is equal to condemnation.

Its a damn shame I tell you. People are so uncivilized in naija. Worse still they are not ready to learn only a few bother to ask how he manages to drive. It seems many of them are happy in their ignorance. Tomorrow if they lose their legs by accident they will believe the only thing they can do is stretch out their arms and beg.
Re: Have You Seen This Legless Lagos Danfo Bus Driver? (Photos) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
Missonas:
Is it his other hand hez using to control break and gear? What happens wen he needs both hands on the wheel? Not safe mehn! As much as i admire his determination he should look for other jobs he can do without endangering his life and others
Give him one na angry see ya big mouth!
Re: Have You Seen This Legless Lagos Danfo Bus Driver? (Photos) by Missonas(f): 8:15pm On Oct 09, 2015
rasojie:
Give him one na angry see ya big mouth!
Like ur own.Dude his hands are complete!
Re: Have You Seen This Legless Lagos Danfo Bus Driver? (Photos) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 09, 2015
Missonas:

Like ur own.Dude his hands are complete!
he is not the first disabled to drive, nigga has a hustle rather than resort to begging, no qualms so far
Its not like you have a job for him so quit spitting bile
Re: Have You Seen This Legless Lagos Danfo Bus Driver? (Photos) by omitademichael(m): 9:22pm On Oct 09, 2015
If other disables can emulate this attitude, the numbers of beggars in this country wud av reduced drastically. Especially those illiterate hausa pple who are fond of begging in Nigeria.
Re: Have You Seen This Legless Lagos Danfo Bus Driver? (Photos) by Missonas(f): 9:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
rasojie:

he is not the first disabled to drive, nigga has a hustle rather than resort to begging, no qualms so far
Its not like you have a job for him so quit spitting bile
Nigga u d one with bile ish words in ur mouf.Go back and read my first post.He is not disabled he is physically challenged.My point was and is there are other jobs he can take up to earn a living.I worked with a challenged person hez a writer has a wife and kid now.Another makes shoes.You'll be amazed at how talented and how well they do things if they put their mind at it.You dont have to put urslf at harms way.This is not safe for him!
Re: Have You Seen This Legless Lagos Danfo Bus Driver? (Photos) by heatmeup(f): 9:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
have entered this bus b4,it is automatic and I took my time to study the mechanism of the bus and this is how it works
when he pulls what looks like a walking stick the bus accelerate and when he press it it functions as a brake. and yes he is a licensed driver. He don dey drive for about 4years now that i know off

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Accident On Benin Ekpoma-Auchi Road: 2 Children, 6 Others Dead (Disturbing Pix) / 14 Funny Lagos Traffic And Auto Slangs With Their Meanings / Two Final Year Delta Poly Students Die In Ghastly Motor Accident (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.