Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? (18192 Views)

Why Are Nurses Treated Unfairly In The Health Sector? / How Much Do Nurses Earn In Nigeria? / Who Is More Promiscuous? Female Bankers Or Nurses ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by baduks(m): 6:26am On May 05, 2009
I think people often mistaken the attention and the kindness the nurse shows to mean something else. She asks about your night and how you are fairing , and the next that comes to a guy's mind is "she wants sex". It does not necessarily mean they are promiscous, but most of them sabi do,

Go ahead and enjoy your career gal.
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by eazyman(m): 6:39am On May 05, 2009
Its mainly has to do with the younger and single nurses sha, i have an experience bout that, the married ones dont have time for that, the younger ones will come around you and kinda show their professionlism in caring but when they are interested in you they go further, you know what i'm saying. I've personally withnessed that and some even say they're in luv with me, but i cant fall in luv with everybody!
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by FBS: 8:27am On May 05, 2009
teeowl:

Not all Nurses are flirty! Some are flirty and some are not!!
GBAM!!! you said it all.
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by Remii(m): 8:36am On May 05, 2009
They are part of the society so they are not worse that bankers, teachers, office workers, police women, market women and the rest. It depends on you are dealing with. The olden days myth was based on perception that they had access to pregnancy preventive drugs but these days who among them does not?
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by nethacker(m): 8:49am On May 05, 2009
Personally,i have seen nurses-pretty ones-that r flirts grin
that's me oooooooo grin
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by soulamanne(m): 9:12am On May 05, 2009
nurses as in NURSES who are professionally trained will never do such a thing.but i ve to be sincere that those auxillary ones(we call them nurse muyiwa) that sit at the reception are the bad ones.they are rude,chew gum and can actually do what that guy said(the ones talkin about sex then goin to check himout).they are not the trained types.they are more of apprentices
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by amaikama(m): 9:34am On May 05, 2009
@poster!! yes oohhh! they are. that why i really don't like doctors or nurses as a wife.
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by sayso: 9:41am On May 05, 2009
I think nurses look natural in their dress and very immaculate attracting on looker with the ribbon,tight white dress always very sexy unlike bankers neat but paints too much on them,hair looks expensive,police women are dirty looking,teachers are very fat.
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by peleoju(f): 9:46am On May 05, 2009
its a personal stuff, no matter what ur profession is.
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by velmaN(f): 10:22am On May 05, 2009
I think nurses look natural in their dress and very immaculate attracting on looker with the ribbon,tight white dress always very sexy unlike bankers neat but paints too much on them,hair looks expensive,police women are dirty looking,teachers are very fat.
Do I sense some stereotypical ideas here or is it just the way u look @ folks?
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by iboboyz: 10:39am On May 05, 2009
Everybody flirts. Including nurses.
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by sayso: 10:44am On May 05, 2009
velmaN:

Do I sense some stereotypical ideas here or is it just the way u look @ folks?

No, if I leave in the US or Uk maybe the idea may change,but in 9ja it looks like that except maybe in the Northern part.
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by shugi(f): 10:59am On May 05, 2009
OK , as an RN, i am always irritated when i see shows where the RN is made the MDs plaything, reasons below

1. They ARE portrayed as such by the media and of course the powerful lobby groups that makes it seem as if we are the doctors plaything
2. it is an attempt to make it seem like the nurse is dumb and not smart enough to think critically just to carry out orders
3. it is a ploy by the medical field especially in the media, how many times have you seen a nurse save a life
4. all those stupid shows that show a doctor giving fluids, or procedures are whack , no Dr does that
5. a nurse is good for more than that- being a plaything,
6. i don't call my patients honey, sugar, sweetie and i don't let them call me that either, your better half is at home
7. i am not a mean nurse, I am actually very friendly but i like to keep the lines clear, don't call me any terms of endearment i am not your sugar, it is a perpertration of the myth of nurse as a sex symbol
8`. i have worked with phenomenal nurses and stupid nurses, just like i have worked with smart physicians and  incompetent doctors that i would not even let treat my cat if i had one (and i don't like cats!!!)
9. in the US there is a nurse advocacy group that is like a watch dog for nurses to keep us in the know especially when media, Dr groups try to blame nurses or make it seem like we are stupid

10. YOU NEED A NURSE TO SAVE YOUR LIFE SOMETIMES, IT IS WHAT I DO IN CRITICAL/ INTENSIVE CARE, SAVE YOUR ASS, BECAUSE THE DR IS NOT THERE, I AM TRAINED TO THINK ON MY FEET, QUICKLY AND INTELLIGENTLY, I LEARNED FROM AWESOME NURSES AND GREAT PHYSICIANS, SO WHEN YOU HAVE OPEN HEART SURGERY OR MAJOR PROCEDURES AND ARE CRASHING (READ DYING)YOU NEED A NURSE TO KEEP YOU ALIVE UNTIL THE DR GETS THERE ,

[color=#990000]SO
after my rant, HUG A NURSE, THANK A NURSE, KISS A NURSE, APPRECIATE A NURSE, ,, IT IS NURSES WEEK IN THE USA, YEAH,, [/color] kiss

PS A NEW SHOW CALLED HAWTHORNE, starring Jada Pinkett Smith seems nice,
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by shugi(f): 11:05am On May 05, 2009
oh if i may continue from above, I am actually at work right now, busted my ass from midnight to 430am, to save a man who is bleedding from his ass, i mean bright red blood, the DR says he does not know what else to do, because we have done a lot huh, so it is my responsibilty to see that he makes it through the night, you know, i am exhausted, i am going to take my ass to the conference room and eat the FREE breakfast management is serving at 630am for nurses week and then i am taking my butt home kissing my husband and baby and passing the hell OUT grin cheesy
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by sayso: 11:10am On May 05, 2009
shugi:

oh if i may continue from above, I am actually at work right now, busted my ass from midnight to 430am, to save a man who is bleedding from his ass, i mean bright red blood, the DR says he does not know what else to do, because we have done a lot huh, so it is my responsibilty to see that he makes it through the night, you know, i am exhausted, i am going to take my ass to the conference room and eat the FREE breakfast management is serving at 630am for nurses week and then i am taking my butt home kissing my husband and baby and passing the hell OUT grin cheesy

sorry dear it comes off the job,you guys are really great,I watched a movie where a nurse pulled her pantie to save a man from bleeding to death the way she did it as if nothing happened.you guys are life savers.
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by velmaN(f): 11:16am On May 05, 2009
Insert Quote
oh if i may continue from above, I am actually at work right now, busted  my ass from midnight to 430am, to save a man who is bleedding from his ass, i mean bright red blood, the DR says he does not know what else to do, because we have done a lot huh, so it is my responsibility to see that he makes it through the night, you know, i am exhausted, i am going to take my ass to the conference room and eat the FREE breakfast management is serving at 630am for nurses week and then i am taking my butt home kissing my husband and baby and passing the hell OUT  
Posted on: Today at 10:59:54 AMPosted by: shugi  
Insert Quote
OK , as an RN, i am always irritated when i see shows where the RN is made the MDs plaything, reasons below

1. They ARE portrayed as such by the media and of course the powerful lobby groups that makes it seem as if we are the doctors plaything
2. it is an attempt to make it seem like the nurse is dumb and not smart enough to think critically just to carry out orders
3. it is a ploy by the medical field especially in the media, how many times have you seen a nurse save a life
4. all those stupid shows that show a doctor giving fluids, or procedures are whack , no Dr does that
5. a nurse is good for more than that- being a plaything,
6. i don't call my patients honey, sugar, sweetie and i don't let them call me that either, your better half is at home
7. i am not a mean nurse, I am actually very friendly but i like to keep the lines clear, don't call me any terms of endearment i am not your sugar, it is a perpetration of the myth of nurse as a sex symbol
8`. i have worked with phenomenal nurses and stupid nurses, just like i have worked with smart physicians and  incompetent doctors that i would not even let treat my cat if i had one (and i don't like cats!!!)
9. in the US there is a nurse advocacy group that is like a watch dog for nurses to keep us in the know especially when media, Dr groups try to blame nurses or make it seem like we are stupid

10. YOU NEED A NURSE TO SAVE YOUR LIFE SOMETIMES, IT IS WHAT I DO IN CRITICAL/ INTENSIVE CARE, SAVE YOUR ASS, BECAUSE THE DR IS NOT THERE, I AM TRAINED TO THINK ON MY FEET, QUICKLY AND INTELLIGENTLY, I LEARNED FROM AWESOME NURSES AND GREAT PHYSICIANS, SO WHEN YOU HAVE OPEN HEART SURGERY OR MAJOR PROCEDURES AND ARE CRASHING (READ DYING)YOU NEED A NURSE TO KEEP YOU ALIVE UNTIL THE DR GETS THERE ,

SO after my rant, HUG A NURSE, THANK A NURSE, KISS A NURSE, APPRECIATE A NURSE, ,, IT IS NURSES WEEK IN THE USA, YEAH,,

PS A NEW SHOW CALLED HAWTHORNE, starring Jada Pinkett Smith seems nice,  

which channel airs this show.

My feeling exactly am @ work too, and just like u said HAPPY NURSES WEEK.
On a lighter note,
U can imagine d way I laugh when I hear folks that watch Greys Anatomy ask me if all those things r real. (yeah right, a Dr change a pt or hang IVF,OMG, and watch my jaw drop when they ask if people do really make out in the elevator, hahahahah, i wish, )
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by shugi(f): 11:24am On May 05, 2009
HawthoRNe is on TNT, and i think it does fair to RNs, Jada pinkett smith is producer and stars in it , happy nurses week to you too,
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by mafolayomi(f): 11:35am On May 05, 2009
dont know about that, but majority of them are mannerless sad sad sad
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by timmy7(m): 11:49am On May 05, 2009
Talking about promiscous nurse,give it to the auxillary nurses,90% of them are promiscous.
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by baslone: 12:10pm On May 05, 2009
I won't say they are.

But it's gone be had to judge because the
cheapest and easiest places to get girls are
"schools of nursing".
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by Phemzy(m): 1:25pm On May 05, 2009
Flirting is not particular to Nurses, any body can flirt but people do think that nurses flirt than any other profession.
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by kemisuga(f): 1:53pm On May 05, 2009
May be, may be not. undecided
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by phantom(m): 2:51pm On May 05, 2009
From a docs perspective,hell yes! Trust me, I'v gotten mo ass from nurses than the yankee stadium toilets will ever get, lol
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by Carpells: 3:00pm On May 05, 2009
The allegation is very unfounded. Nurses are never flirts. There are evidences of great men and women nurses who are good and faithful fathers and mothers. It's a big fallacy to make such loose statement. We have people who flirt who are not nurses. I will agree that there may be somebody that you may have known who flirts and happened to be a nurse, but you must realize it is a personal thing. Some lawyers, engineers and even antisans flirt but does that make them nurses? It not fair to make such castigation of a profession based on here say. So, my friend go about your profession and practice it to the best of your ability with dignity and pride.

Carpells
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by Phemzy(m): 3:04pm On May 05, 2009
phantom:

From a docs perspective,hell yes! Trust me, I'v gotten mo ass from nurses than the yankee stadium toilets will ever get, lol

The reason why it is common to Nurse is that they believe they can always control anything to avoid pregnancy and STD; and they like eating sex like plantain.
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by sayso: 3:06pm On May 05, 2009
Like somebody posted before nurses are very close to their customer's,they talk to you when you really need somebody,they care,pet you up,feed you sometimes cos you are sick,so what do you pay them back with since most of them are single ladies.you want to date them whenever ur sickness goes,you pay them visits upon visits.people just do not understand the job ethics
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by Phemzy(m): 3:18pm On May 05, 2009
sayso:

Like somebody posted before nurses are very close to their customer's,they talk to you when you really need somebody,they care,pet you up,feed you sometimes cos you are sick,so what do you pay them back with since most of them are single ladies.you want to date them whenever ur sickness goes,you pay them visits upon visits.people just do not understand the job ethics

Exactly.
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by md4real(m): 5:57pm On May 05, 2009
not at all? it just a case of some beans spoil the rest
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by baslone: 11:40pm On May 05, 2009
Well, everybody got their own opinion,but for me,

I had my share same for my road doggs, wink
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by Phemzy(m): 11:19am On May 06, 2009
baslone:

Well, everybody got their own opinion,but for me,

I had my share same for my road doggs, wink

Then you are not welcome
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by DrLorenz1(m): 3:38pm On May 06, 2009
I've enjoyed readin all the posts about the topic and i appreciate the time all nurses in here took to explain things. I sure did learn a thing or two. But there's something i want to say,

1. While it may not be entirely or not true in the US, over here it just might be the opposite.

2. It depends on the individual. A nurse that flirts, before she became a nurse might have been a flirt so the 'character' just assimilated itself in the profession.

3. In every some rumour or perceptions, or impressions, there's an element of truth smiley. Haven heard of some stories by a nurse.

4. Just because some are doesn't necessarily mean that everyone is, am sure that has been taken care of.

Lastly, just like i read somewhere, i think the bottom line is this: Nurses Are Beautiful. Period. On the inside i mean, and this does not include the ones that are flirty grin
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by emiemi(f): 9:18am On May 07, 2009
Some nurses are just way too flirty to be called professionals. Where I work, the nurses will go to the 'white' men's room and will collect dollars and gifts from them. Tell me you men, how many of you will just part with gift items and money without getting 'a lil something' in return? Most of these white men are in their 60s oh. They strut their behind shamelessly and are always very friendly only to the opposite sex (i mean female nurses). These ones lack the dignity attributed to the profession of taking care of the sick. With that said, I will say most of the dignified nurses are those married ones although i recently overheard a male doctor friend telling a friend about his escapades with a married nurse where he works. His claim is that she threw herself at him, and he wanted to have a feel too. Too bad, that's what is prevalent in our society.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Things You Should Never Say To Your Employees. / "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady / NAAPE Shuts Down Bristow Helicopters Over Sack Of 13 Nigerian Pilots,10 Engineer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.