Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,079 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion (8425 Views)

Tenco Again With Side Finger Print Sensor / Blackberry DTEK60 To Gain Market Attention With Finger Print Sensor Advantage / The Tecno Phantom 5 & The LED TV + Multitasking / Battery Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by BenKafor(m): 9:30am On Oct 10, 2015
It has other features tho and besides, other phone brands will sell their flagship devices from 100k upwards so

Kelklein:
All these epistle on top fingerprint scanner.

so I should cough out 70k+ just because phantom 5 (from TECNO) has a fingerprint scanner? smh

That phone should not be more than 40k..
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by BenKafor(m): 9:34am On Oct 10, 2015
So Tecno is not a preferable brand? There's so much drama around Tecno, it's just like other android phones. They are just more affordable than others

flexcity82:
its all about brand name.
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by BenKafor(m): 9:38am On Oct 10, 2015
We get it, you don't like Tecno. News flash: Many people actually like Tecno.

ollah1:

Samsungs finger print don't just unlock phones. It can be used to make purchases through Samsung pay, PayPal and Android pay. It can be used on Google play.. it can also be used in place of stored passwords. So it can't be compared in anyway.

Furthermore, those hyping this phone should know that there are other Chinese phones that would guarantee you quicker update and much more better, also cheaper.

One plus two
Xiaomi note pro
Asus zenfone
LG Nexus 5x
Huawei P8
Motorola X pure/style

That amount can also get you super clean used
HTC m8
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy note 3
Sony Xperia Z3
LG G3
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by BenKafor(m): 9:41am On Oct 10, 2015
For all of you that think that Tecno is not a real phone, the Standards Organization of Nigeria and Consumer Protection Council were at the launch of the Phantom 5 and they approved the phone & said it met up to requirements. In case you don't know who SON and CPC are, GOOGLE IT!
70k is actually very affordable for a flagship device.
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by ChidinmaRose(f): 9:58am On Oct 10, 2015
Yeah you are right. That's the problem, Nigerians don't understand that.

flexcity82:
very insightful analysis.... facing the same dilemma also. the phantom5 is a hell lot cheaper than the samsung and iphone and expensive doesnt always mean better. am def getting this device
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by ChidinmaRose(f): 9:58am On Oct 10, 2015
For real? People should stop calling Tecno chinko.

BenKafor:
For all of you that think that Tecno is not a real phone, the Standards Organization of Nigeria and Consumer Protection Council were at the launch of the Phantom 5 and they approved the phone & said it met up to requirements. In case you don't know who SON and CPC are, GOOGLE IT!
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 10, 2015
ChidinmaRose:
For real? People should stop calling Tecno chinko.

Hi,
100 NGN has been deposited into your Techno agent account.
Keep shilling.

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 10, 2015
BenKafor:
Lmfao.
>Standards Organization of Nigeria.
Putting the word "standard" and Nigeria in the same sentence should be an actionable offence.
As if any body takes Nigerian standards seriously.

Also.
100 NGN has been deposited in your Tecno agent account.
Keep shilling.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by Elxandre(m): 10:09am On Oct 10, 2015
BenKafor:
For a Noob, 70k is a nice price for this phone.

Nobody in the know, will touch this thing with a long pole, not when there are several better devices at far cheaper prices.

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by Elxandre(m): 10:12am On Oct 10, 2015
I'm actually starting to hate TECNO with her online agents always everywhere making unrealistic claims just for the paycheck.
I almost can't find a credible Techno news piece to read the days.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by BenKafor(m): 10:17am On Oct 10, 2015
People are buying the Phantom 5 get over it

Elxandre:

For a Noob, 70k is a nice price for this phone.

Nobody in the know, will touch this thing with a long pole, not when there are several better devices at far cheaper prices.
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by BenKafor(m): 10:18am On Oct 10, 2015
If you had DSTV you would have been able to watch the Tecno launch on EL TV yesterday. That's where I saw it. I don't need to work for Tecno to states facts. I have a Tecno phone and I'm proud of it. All this BS you are are yarning is getting old. Besides, I don't think I would be able to afford the Phantom 5 if my salary was N100.

Karmanaut:

Lmfao.
>Standards Organization of Nigeria.
Putting the word "standard" and Nigeria in the same sentence should be an actionable offence.
As if any body takes Nigerian standards seriously.

Also.
100 NGN has been deposited in your Tecno agent account.
Keep shilling.
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 10, 2015
BenKafor:
Keep on deceiving urself with the tag name "flagship"
Is xiaomi Redmi note 2 not a flasgship?

Also, dnt use calcare as an excuse to get away with Tecno. Their service reeks of mediocrity. Peeps often end up frustrated when they visit calcare. Others prefer 3rd party engineers cos they get swift response.
We are not in the stone age where parts of device are hard to come.
There are several retailers who can get parts of any device across the globe.

Stop over hyping a common device thereby deceiving the populace. Anyone who admires the device will buy.

We are in an age where nothing is hidden in the internet.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by Elxandre(m): 10:26am On Oct 10, 2015
BenKafor:
People are buying the Phantom 5 get over it

Yeah... noobs!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by ChidinmaRose(f): 10:29am On Oct 10, 2015
K

Godvilla:
Keep on deceiving urself with the tag name "flagship"
Is xiaomi Redmi note 2 not a flasgship?

Also, dnt use calcare as an excuse to get away with Tecno. Their service reeks of mediocrity. Peeps often end up frustrated when they visit calcare. Others prefer 3rd party engineers cos they get swift response.
We are not in the stone age where parts of device are hard to come.
There are several retailers who can get parts of any device across the globe.

Stop over hyping a common device thereby deceiving the populace. Anyone who admires the device will buy.

We are in an age where nothing is hidden in the internet.
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 10, 2015
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 10, 2015
BenKafor:

If you had DSTV you would have been able to watch the Tecno launch on EL TV yesterday. That's where I saw it. I don't need to work for Tecno to states facts. I have a Tecno phone and I'm proud of it.] All this BS you are are yarning is getting old.

You poor, poor, soul.
You should get help, man.
Stockholm syndrome is not good for the health.
Besides, I don't think I would be able to afford the Phantom 5 if my salary was N100.

That's why you need to keep shilling!

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by ChidinmaRose(f): 10:39am On Oct 10, 2015
Gosh, Nigerians hate on everything..
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by ChidinmaRose(f): 10:40am On Oct 10, 2015
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 10, 2015
Elxandre:
I'm actually starting to hate TECNO with her online agents always everywhere making unrealistic claims just for the paycheck.
I almost can't find a credible Techno news piece to read the days.
As in..
I was reading the spec sheet for the device on Bestmob or so and I saw one idiot comment that the phone was durable. Durable! For a device that hadn't been released yet.
These slant-eyed Chinese must take us for fools.
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 10, 2015
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 10, 2015
Karmanaut:

As in..
I was reading the spec sheet for the device on Bestmob or so and I saw one idiot comment that the phone was durable. Durable! For a device that hadn't been released yet.
These slant-eyed Chinese must take us for fools.
Let then go check out the spec sheet of Orbra Eve 2 which is retailed for 55k
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by Babanhajiya(m): 3:31pm On Oct 10, 2015
BenKafor:
Nice, but these phones are not that common in Nigeria, what will happen if they get faulty. Are there parts sold here?

All the phones I have listed are very popular worldwide, you can easily get them through retailers here on nairaland and they are durable not as fragile as the local champion(Tecno) so don't even raise the issue of after sell services, even if the need arises getting their parts is not as difficult as you think.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 10, 2015
BenKafor:

Listen and listen well, I don't know hw much you were paid to be on every tecno thread spewing thrash. I don't care about the body that came for the lunch and nobody said it's not a good phone but it's simply overpriced.

There are loads of phones of its calliber which is quite cheaper and offers better specs and updates. The chipset used is 2013 SoC. Common, there are phones with snapdragon 808 and 620. There are phones with MTK hello x10 which is also cheaper. It's simply overpriced that's the bottom line

4 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by Mystiq25(m): 5:28pm On Oct 10, 2015
ollah1:

Listen and listen well, I don't know hw much you were paid to be on every tecno thread spewing thrash. I don't care about the body that came for the lunch and nobody said it's not a good phone but it's simply overpriced.

There are loads of phones of its calliber which is quite cheaper and offers better specs and updates. The chipset used is 2013 SoC. Common, there are phones with snapdragon 808 and 620. There are phones with MTK hello x10 which is also cheaper. It's simply overpriced that's the bottom line
Gbam!!! That's what they don't want to agree, Phantom 5 comes with mouth watering specs nobody is saying otherwise but what we are saying is 70k is too much for a Tecno phone when bigger and better brands are offering better phones in the same class for less than 50k.

4 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by haibe(m): 9:36am On Oct 12, 2015
Lol do you know how much Xperia z3 is? That amount won't get you a z3 at all
ollah1:

Samsungs finger print don't just unlock phones. It can be used to make purchases through Samsung pay, PayPal and Android pay. It can be used on Google play.. it can also be used in place of stored passwords. So it can't be compared in anyway.

Furthermore, those hyping this phone should know that there are other Chinese phones that would guarantee you quicker update and much more better, also cheaper.

One plus two
Xiaomi note pro
Asus zenfone
LG Nexus 5x
Huawei P8
Motorola X pure/style

That amount can also get you super clean used
HTC m8
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy note 3
Sony Xperia Z3
LG G3
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by henry007(m): 9:55am On Oct 12, 2015
ollah1:

I listed 5 phones up there and it's only one phone u could pick. That says a lot. So listing up used phones now correlates with self esteem. U need to check your head bro
The story story was getting too much, if you check the official thread of all the phones, there's something someone would say about all of them that you would find disturbing. This thread is for finger print sensor users, you've obviously never owned any phone with that feature.
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by ChidinmaRose(f): 10:05am On Oct 12, 2015
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 12, 2015
haibe:
Lol do you know how much Xperia z3 is? That amount won't get you a z3 at all

re read my message and comment again
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 12, 2015
henry007:
The story story was getting too much, if you check the official thread of all the phones, there's something someone would say about all of them that you would find disturbing. This thread is for finger print sensor users, you've obviously never owned any phone with that feature.

You just confirmed to us that you are paid by tecno. lol, you are really something else. I don't get it, so you mean TECNO PHANTOM 5 is the most complete phone ever, damn it.

Finger print is really driving you crazy. Oh God!!

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by Acidosis(m): 12:22pm On Oct 12, 2015
Can your Tecno Finger scanner access Samsung pay? Apple pay? Google playstore

What exactly do you do with your fingerprint scanner aside the usual phone unlock?

Stop comparing what you don't understand. Tecno is dead without google. Other devices have their own "play store" aside the usual "Google play store", can Tecno afford such? Why are they overly relying on Google? why can't they build their own customizable store?

Why can't Tecno hire programmers to build them games, and quality applications?

My conclusion is this: Tecno is not a brand; just a collection of people's ideas and chips to make quick money from "black" Africans who doesn't give a "hoot" about brand & standard.

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Finger-print Sensor Champion by henry007(m): 3:59pm On Oct 12, 2015
ollah1:

You just confirmed to us that you are paid by tecno. lol, you are really something else. I don't get it, so you mean TECNO PHANTOM 5 is the most complete phone ever, damn it.

Finger print is really driving you crazy. Oh God!!

Well, i guess arguing is what drives you, please find some productive hobby asides nairaland phone section.Or maybe you should read my full review of the blackberry z3 and claim that i was paid for that too. common sense is not common again.
here's the link
https://www.nairaland.com/1873573/blackberry-z3-review

P.S: If you have a problem with me gushing about the phones i use or plan to use, i suggest you take panadol for that

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Whatsapp Tricks You Need To Know / Which Smart TV Should I Buy? / Umidigi One | One Pro Review - 4GB RAM, 32GB storage and USB Type C For N49,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.