Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1086) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4766202 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1083) (1084) (1085) (1086) (1087) (1088) (1089) ... (5695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:40pm On Oct 24, 2018
dapotemi:
Please I need information on this issue.
I have a car on ehailing with a driver for the last four month and he's trying for me to be honest. This morning around 8am, he called that police arrested him with the car for traffic offence. Rider decided to jump out of the bus due to mad traffic witness today in most part of lagos. He was arrested for that. He did all he could but the officer insisted that he won't release him, and that d case will go to court. The car was impounded and parked in front of their police station. I was called and I went there, offered everything I cud but d guy insisted, about 8 police traffic officer on one uber car. They wanted miney no doubt, but they also wanted to frustrate u first and later demand for one outrageous amount, that was their plan. The car key was seized but no doc was collected, I was there frm 10am to 1pm, I was really really angry. Then something struck my mind, the car was parked like 2 kilometers from where the officers were seated. I took a bike home, brought the second key and informed my driver to leave them alone and walk away. I just jejely carry my car with d second key and I left the other key with them. Guys wat do u think, any risk, do I have to do something or still reach out to the officer maybe like a month frm now. I need opinion, suggestion.

Bros u don buy market, ur biggest mistake start from the moment you choose to appear in station and secondly you people prolly let them aware the car serve commercial purpose out of pity they will understand. You should have just allow he driver to work it out with them, Nigeria police hate court and once the matter get to the office, its off dia hand so most time they may take a case to the office and stalk around, its best both of you talk man to man, don't b scared to read the penalty out and dare the officer in charge to do is worst... Highest in will bring out dia traffic rules book and treathen the driver will go for psychiatric test, just be saying and then, nah new thing, at the end you will both find a soft ground and solve the matter as long as you don't punch dia Ego, they are not willing to let 1000 pass them by, they are going to take your time, buy fanta and biscuit, just observe you resting and I don't care attitude in their station. But this one you went to steal a car from the station (sorry, take your car), just know top officer, because of if they set their eyes on that car again, the case they go heap on that car, you go prefer to dash dem when demurrage don reach half value for the car.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 5:40pm On Oct 24, 2018
brogxy:

Changing the key code will cost some money and you are also at risk having your spare key with a stranger.
Hmmm, I will take the risk if I were to be you. You are safer if you have a tracker but I still feel nothing dey happen as long as the policemen didn't have your details.
dapotemi:
I have a car on ehailing with a driver for the last four month and he's trying for me to be honest. This morning around 8am, he called that police arrested him with the car for traffic offence. Rider decided to jump out of the bus due to mad traffic witness today in most part of lagos. He was arrested for that. He did all he could but the officer insisted that he won't release him, and that d case will go to court. The car was impounded and parked in front of their police station. I was called and I went there, offered everything I cud but d guy insisted, about 8 police traffic officer on one uber car. They wanted miney no doubt, but they also wanted to frustrate u first and later demand for one outrageous amount, that was their plan. The car key was seized but no doc was collected, I was there frm 10am to 1pm, I was really really angry. Then something struck my mind, the car was parked like 2 kilometers from where the officers were seated. I took a bike home, brought the second key and informed my driver to leave them alone and walk away. I just jejely carry my car with d second key and I left the other key with them. Guys wat do u think, any risk, do I have to do something or still reach out to the officer maybe like a month frm now. I need opinion, suggestion.
brogxy:

Changing the key code will cost some money and you are also at risk having your spare key with a stranger.
Hmmm, I will take the risk if I were to be you. You are safer if you have a tracker but I still feel nothing dey happen as long as the policemen didn't have your details.

I think changing code will work as suggested while you pray they don't see your driver/car soon.
If you have any lawyer friend that can advise on how you can retrieve your keys may be an option.

You played smart, just what any desperate person would do at the moment.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by miliki777: 5:45pm On Oct 24, 2018
very cheap and affordable Honda Civic 04 for urgent sales. drop ur whatsapl number for more pictures.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 5:46pm On Oct 24, 2018
jub009:
pls house... what's the weekly pay /delivery for Toyota Camry 09( uber/taxify).

You can consider 30k - 35k (I hope it's a 4-cylinder engine). If it's V6, you may struggle to get about that.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:47pm On Oct 24, 2018
lagostaxiguy:

GAZZUZZ is just a very jealous man that feel 's nobody should be better than he is.

You are yet to post your phantom earnings. The energy you have spent making noise would be enough to make me look stupid by posting your earnings.

16 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 5:53pm On Oct 24, 2018
pope191:

Bros u don buy market, ur biggest mistake start from the moment you choose to appear in station and secondly you people prolly let them aware the car serve commercial purpose out of pity they will understand. You should have just allow he driver to work it out with them, Nigeria police hate court and once the matter get to the office, Thirdly dia hand so most time they may take a case to the office and stalk around, its best both of you talk man to man, don't b scared to read the penalty out and dare the officer in charge to do is worst... Highest in will bring out dia traffic rules book and treathen the driver will go for psychiatric test, just be saying and then, nah new thing, at the end you will both find a soft ground and solve the matter as long as you don't punch dia Ego, they are not willing to let 1000 pass them by, they are going to take your time, buy fanta and biscuit, just observe you resting and I don't care attitude in their station. But this one you went to steal a car from the station (sorry, take your car), just know top officer, because of if they set their eyes on that car again, the case they go heap on that car, you go prefer to dash dem when demurrage don reach half value for the car.

Don't get it wrong, I did not allow the car to enter their station, I vehemently oppose that and when they see my reaction, we decided to park close to the station, just like two houses after the police station. I did not enter the station, they never ask me or my driver to enter their station.Secondly, either myself nor my driver entered the sstation, there was no need to as the people we were dealing with sef dey their checkpoint they control traffic. Thitdly, we did not write any statement, as no one demand for it. They jus keep us for road, for more than five hours. Ny driver did his best for the first two hours before he called me. The only tin they have is d car key.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by zigziggy(m): 5:55pm On Oct 24, 2018
Abeg ooooo, anyone want to give out car on uber platform should pls beep me on watsapp=08122382210,i reside at ikotun
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by edetsimon: 5:56pm On Oct 24, 2018
ridwando:
There is a Toyota corolla at badore in ajah, any driver that lives close to this area and is interested in uber/taxify driving should signify.
Thanks.
My name is Simon edet, I'm very much interested on it sir, I live in mainland, Yaba Axis. I work around lekki and Ajah most time, I can do 30k. I have experience on the both platform. I would have call you but your number is not here. Here is mind 08100407181.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by medd422: 6:01pm On Oct 24, 2018
dapotemi:

Don't get it wrong, I did not allow the car to enter their station, I vehemently oppose that and when they see my reaction, we decided to park close to the station, just like two houses after the police station. I did not enter the station, they never ask me or my driver to enter their station.Secondly, either myself nor my driver entered the sstation, there was no need to as the people we were dealing with sef dey their checkpoint they control traffic. Thitdly, we did not write any statement, as no one demand for it. They jus keep us for road, for more than five hours. Ny driver did his best for the first two hours before he called me. The only tin they have is d car key.

Bros, forget d matter. The only problem u have is u don’t have a problem. Trust me

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jub009: 6:03pm On Oct 24, 2018
[quote author=Epphy post=72378651]

You can consider 30k - 35k (I hope it's a 4-cylinder engine). If it's V6, you may struggle to get about that.[/quote

thanks. 4 cylinder engine.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by juli4dad(m): 6:07pm On Oct 24, 2018
aAK1:
I've been asking this question for over 3 days no body is responding. Can I register this car on Uber or taxify. It's an 06 phase 2 307

You can register on both, since its a 2006 model
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by aAK1(m): 6:12pm On Oct 24, 2018
Megadrop:
No sir you can't. The last time I checked Taxify and uber dont accept hatchbacks only sedan.
are we going to call matrix a sedan?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by busayo2uk: 6:17pm On Oct 24, 2018
Abeg dont mind them. They have not filed any charge against you officially. Then u are good to go. They will throw away the key cos they dont need it. You can get another extra key to replace the one they got. U are free.

dapotemi:

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lymelyte(m): 6:19pm On Oct 24, 2018
Please how much can i charge from vgc to ikoyi to and fro with an hour wait time?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 6:28pm On Oct 24, 2018
lymelyte:
Please how much can i charge from vgc to ikoyi to and fro with an hour wait time?

8k - 12k
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lymelyte(m): 6:29pm On Oct 24, 2018
Epphy:

8k - 12k
I charged 9k, but he insisted 8k.. I just tire..I don't know what to do.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 6:31pm On Oct 24, 2018
lymelyte:
I charged 9k, but they insisted 8k.. I just tire..I don't know what to do.

You can accept on the condition that they won't exceed 1hr
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drtee247(m): 6:32pm On Oct 24, 2018
miliki777:
very cheap and affordable Honda Civic 04 for urgent sales. drop ur whatsapl number for more pictures.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by johnabraham: 6:42pm On Oct 24, 2018
hahahahaha.... nice one oga... grin

GAZZUZZ:

You are yet to post your phantom earnings. The energy you have spent making noise would be enough to make me look stupid by posting your earnings.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lymelyte(m): 6:50pm On Oct 24, 2018
Epphy:

You can accept on the condition that they won't exceed 1hr
Ok sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GazzuzzAutos(m): 7:13pm On Oct 24, 2018
Toks toyota corrola 2005 up for sale. Vehicle history included.

https://www.nairaland.com/4807509/toyota-corrola-2005-toks-vehicle

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GazzuzzAutos(m): 7:17pm On Oct 24, 2018
2009 toyota corrola Nigerian used up for sale.

Vehicle history included.

https://www.nairaland.com/4420584/sold-coming-12th-april-corrola/1#4420584.35

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 7:19pm On Oct 24, 2018
pope191:

Bros u don buy market, ur biggest mistake start from the moment you choose to appear in station and secondly you people prolly let them aware the car serve commercial purpose out of pity they will understand. You should have just allow he driver to work it out with them, Nigeria police hate court and once the matter get to the office, its off dia hand so most time they may take a case to the office and stalk around, its best both of you talk man to man, don't b scared to read the penalty out and dare the officer in charge to do is worst... Highest in will bring out dia traffic rules book and treathen the driver will go for psychiatric test, just be saying and then, nah new thing, at the end you will both find a soft ground and solve the matter as long as you don't punch dia Ego, they are not willing to let 1000 pass them by, they are going to take your time, buy fanta and biscuit, just observe you resting and I don't care attitude in their station. But this one you went to steal a car from the station (sorry, take your car), just know top officer, because of if they set their eyes on that car again, the case they go heap on that car, you go prefer to dash dem when demurrage don reach half value for the car.
Which market ?. Why hyping Nigerian police this way?.
This is Nigeria where police go they threaten u on top offence he doesn't have any idea about as an officer.
So far the guy fit summons courage drive his car away, case closed. Nigerian police na shit

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:34pm On Oct 24, 2018
dapotemi:

if dats d case u have no problem, the guy in question will b scared now self of the unknown

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ibro2much(m): 7:34pm On Oct 24, 2018
dapotemi:

From experience,
1.)the police wey catch your motor na money dem won raba from you,no be say dem sef like court like that
2.)dem no get any record of your vehicle with dem,na only guess dem go dey guess
3.)even if dem con sabi your vehicle,dem no get database of vehicles we dem impound
4.)nothing dey happen,just tell your driver to avoid that area for some time,dem go forget.
5.)if police catch your vehicle like that next time,no dey rush go station again,leave your driver to sort it out himself,if he no con fit resolve am again na him you go show face (showfacing to early means you get wetin you want take settle dem).

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 7:40pm On Oct 24, 2018
pope191:
if dats d case u have no problem, the guy in question will b scared now self of the unknown
Confirmed

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 24, 2018
Megadrop:
No sir you can't. The last time I checked Taxify and uber dont accept hatchbacks only sedan.

One small Honda hatchback came to pick me on Monday, I shook. Taxify

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:48pm On Oct 24, 2018
shollywendy1:

Which market ?. Why hyping Nigerian police this way?.
This is Nigeria where police go they threaten u on top offence he doesn't have any idea about as an officer.
So far the guy fit summons courage drive his car away, case closed. Nigerian police na shit

I no hype police, felt everything happened inside the station and in move the car on a filed case. Pray you don't enter dia net or go to Nigeria court. I have drag issue with them and I know where to stop. They once stop me around 1am after showing dem my documents, deh claim the stamp on one of them is not clear enough and its fake... I told them no problem, what's the next thing? They said is either I pay 10k or drive the car into the station, without mixing words "Oga give me key make I park inside", they delayed me till 2am and reduce it to 3k, I explain to them that I only have 5k with me in which I have bought noodles, egg and malt, if deh take 3k, what will be left of me, what I hear " Nah u sabi". I make an attempt to walk home since deh have my key and licence, but deh refuse, I have to keep things cool being in the midst of men with guns in the d middle of the night. I find way to walk away from the sence and storm dia the next morning demanding to see their DPO, they are the once begging and calming me down. I just try to know where to strike and where to negotiate

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:58pm On Oct 24, 2018
pope191:

I no hype police, felt everything happened inside the station and in move the car on a filed case. Pray you don't enter dia net or go to Nigeria court. I have drag issue with them and I know where to stop. They once stop me around 1am after showing dem my documents, deh claim the stamp on one of them is not clear enough and its fake... I told them no problem, what's the next thing? They said is either I pay 10k or drive the car into the station, without mixing words "Oga give me key make I park inside", they delayed me till 2am and reduce it to 3k, I explain to them that I only have 5k with me in which I have bought noodles, egg and malt, if deh take 3k, what will be left of me, what I hear " Nah u sabi". I make an attempt to walk home since deh have my key and licence, but deh refuse, I have to keep things cool being in the midst of men with guns in the d middle of the night. I find way to walk away from the sence and storm dia the next morning demanding to see their DPO, they are the once begging and calming me down. I just try to know where to strike and where to negotiate

smart man you will live long.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mazinaija: 11:04pm On Oct 24, 2018
dapotemi:
You did the right thing and smart thing.. Big ups!! Nothing will happen.. I have done worst than that..

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Enyinne(f): 11:21pm On Oct 24, 2018
Just move on ,case is closed .I bet that officer won't even remember the driver face not the car in question and there's 100% chance u won't meet this officer all thru ur dealing in ehailing and beyond. You taken a step backward is playing into their hands and as such u will face a greater punishment. Reprogramming of ur key is uncalled for as far as am concerned. Just jejely continue with ur biz , u are safe .But if u dare retrace ur step, u will regret it unless ur village people is playing piano with ur brain then u try and see the outcome

Quote author=dapotemi post=72377642] Please I need information on this issue.
I have a car on ehailing with a driver for the last four month and he's trying for me to be honest. This morning around 8am, he called that police arrested him with the car for traffic offence. Rider decided to jump out of the bus due to mad traffic witness today in most part of lagos. He was arrested for that. He did all he could but the officer insisted that he won't release him, and that d

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1083) (1084) (1085) (1086) (1087) (1088) (1089) ... (5695) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.